The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']No go for me today. Most of the stores I called didnt even bother to look and just said they havent had it in awhile. One said that they were told to send all copies back because they were "recalled". The one store I went to said they had it in the back, but when he went back there another guy was back there and I overheard them talking and he said to tell me they didnt have it because he was getting it later today.

Sucks but ill try going to some of the stores tomorrow that doesnt say low stock and see if they still have them on the floor or something.[/QUOTE]
Yup ymmv, my brother tried to get it at a store and cashier said it was going back sent to the warehouse like with 1 cent strategy guides. So I guess if your store is strict about rules you might not be able to buy it.

[quote name='Deader2818']yeah, I drove to one and when I got the run around there I figured I'd just call all the rest. If I go in tomorrow to this store and they tell me they don't have it after I asked them to put it on hold, I will flip out.[/QUOTE]

Never call. There's a damn good chance that you just tipped off employees who locked you out of the deal so they could buy it and sell off the swag.

Did the conversion to used start nationwide for UC3: CE? I called around and stores have it for $100 still. Might have to wait a few days.

Would it even be worth it to ask how much it is or is it more wise just to go in and get it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to 3 stores around my area, all 3 were sold out. 2 of the 3 stores said they had them in stock on the website, but I called a 4th store that showed 'low stock', and the lady was nice enough to hold it for me.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Did the conversion to used start nationwide for UC3: CE? I called around and stores have it for $100 still. Might have to wait a few days.

Would it even be worth it to ask how much it is or is it more wise just to go in and get it?[/QUOTE]
I would go into the store to buy it. Once they scan the game it should come up the discounted price.

I'm hoping that they change the price on their site to $18 for UC3: CE and than I can price match at BestBuy or Frys since it'll be available at a store close by.

Of course the guy on phone for one of the Gamestops I called was like "ummm Uncharted 3 doesn't have a collector's edition. Those are usually just pre-order bonuses". Seriously.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Why does gamestop have to close at 8. :( I hope my store still has one as the website says low stock.[/QUOTE]

The website is not accurate. I went to a store that says in stock and they don't even have the normal version.

[quote name='tfr']The website is not accurate. I went to a store that says in stock and they don't even have the normal version.[/QUOTE]

lol dude i think they are totally lying to you, the one i went to it said in stock as well and he told me he wasnt sure he had anymore because it went used and people picked them up but he went in the back got me one that was a little beat up just the box not the insides and let me have it. i think its cuz im a regular there and i like the guys, the ones at your store probably hoarded it for themselves, i am almost 99 percent certain. unless the day you went in people got em all.

[quote name='evuong']I went to 3 stores around my area, all 3 were sold out. 2 of the 3 stores said they had them in stock on the website, but I called a 4th store that showed 'low stock', and the lady was nice enough to hold it for me.[/QUOTE]
Apparently what ever stores that had them in stock at the time they were converted to used will still show even if they have sold them. The search is somewhat frozen in time. The in-store system can't even search for UC3 CE new anymore.

What the fuck is with people expecting stores to hold merchandise that they could sell to the next customer that comes in?:roll: Stores are first come first served in my opinion. You want the deal, drag your lazy ass out there NOW if your store is still open and go grab it.

But don't sit here and say you're gonna have a shit fit if the item you have them holding you gets sold to someone since it's not yours until you PAY for it.

This reminds me of when Hollywood Video was still around and they'd have the $5 pre-owned game sale. I'd go in there the night before to scope out what they had as far as stock and then set my alarm so I'd be the first person by the door in the morning. Then when I get there in the morning , 90% of the good games from the shelves are being pulled by an employee for people who 'put them on hold'.

fuck that. I'm here now, sell me those games that're on hold that I checked to make sure they were in stock yesterday.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What the fuck is with people expecting stores to hold merchandise that they could sell to the next customer that comes in?:roll: Stores are first come first served in my opinion. You want the deal, drag your lazy ass out there NOW if your store is still open and go grab it.

But don't sit here and say you're gonna have a shit fit if the item you have them holding you gets sold to someone since it's not yours until you PAY for it.

This reminds me of when Hollywood Video was still around and they'd have the $5 pre-owned game sale. I'd go in there the night before to scope out what they had as far as stock and then set my alarm so I'd be the first person by the door in the morning. Then when I get there in the morning , 90% of the good games from the shelves are being pulled by an employee for people who 'put them on hold'.

fuck that. I'm here now, sell me those games that're on hold that I checked to make sure they were in stock yesterday.[/QUOTE]

i didnt notice anyone complaining about that...and gamestop does hold games i think most people are complaining about employees hoarding for themselves. i dont think anybody who works at a game store really cares about "making the sale". but yeah im with you in the sense that i wake up early for the deals and haul ass

[quote name='Olengie']The chick said I should've preordered it and the only ones they "used" to have left were ones people didn't pick up. Lol.[/QUOTE]

lol i like how she tried to sell you on the preorder probably oblivious to the fact u didnt want it for a 100 lol.

I honestly don't care if the employees grab them or not either. They work there, they get paid pretty shitty and they are the first people to know about the markdowns.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I honestly don't care if the employees grab them or not either. They work there, they get paid pretty shitty and they are the first people to know about the markdowns.[/QUOTE]

Actually when I worked at Gamestop I got a good amount pay. I was only a game advisor and only got minimum wage but I got good hours. It's not like its an extremely hard job that should give employees $10+ an hour.

Still, had a great time working there and hope to work there again.

I do hate it when employees hoard stuff. At least take one, not all of them.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Actually when I worked at Gamestop I got a good amount pay. I was only a game advisor and only got minimum wage but I got good hours. It's not like its an extremely hard job that should give employees $10+ an hour.

Still, had a great time working there and hope to work there again.

I do hate it when employees hoard stuff. At least take one, not all of them.[/QUOTE]

Apparently GameStop has been rated one of the worst companies to work for in America.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/gamestop-named-one-of-americas-worst-companies-to-work-for-6391521

I'm not mad at all if employess buy items that get marked down, etc. I just plain don't like getting lied to. About holding, if they its in their policy to hold items and then they sell the item to someone else, thats a pretty messed up thing to do.

If that's the case and the employee that was at the first game stop I went to had it on "hold" and I came in ready to buy it but told the other employee no because he was going to buy it later, I think I have every right to be upset with that.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I agree that its a bad career choice since its hard to move up in the company but as a College job, its great. I didn't have any issues working there but others might have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't know anything about working for GameStop so I can't disagree with you, but just looking at all those games and how they are always in alphabetical order the next morning, one can only imagine.

[quote name='Deader2818']I'm not mad at all if employess buy items that get marked down, etc. I just plain don't like getting lied to. About holding, if they its in their policy to hold items and then they sell the item to someone else, thats a pretty messed up thing to do.

If that's the case and the employee that was at the first game stop I went to had it on "hold" and I came in ready to buy it but told the other employee no because he was going to buy it later, I think I have every right to be upset with that.[/QUOTE]
So in your opinion it's completely OK for you to have them hold something for you for possibly as much as a day or more, but if an employee says they intend to buy it and it's on hold for them it's not kosher?:roll:

No, what im saying is, if you have a problem with me asking them to hold something, you should have as much as a problem with the employee holding them, lol.

Also, had nothing to do with being lazy. I had to go to work and tomorrow is my day off.

And the only problem I really had with the employee telling the other employee to not sell it to me because he was going to buy it later was they weren't at least upfront with me about. If thats the case, thats cool and I respect that, but just tell me that and not whisper it to each other in the back room.

You're right. I should take issue with an employee saying they intend to buy it but not buying it immediately. But they at least intended on buying it later that day. You want them to hold something until you decide to finally come in tomorrow. Meanwhile, any number of customers could come in looking for it and end up missing out because of your 'hold' assuming they go through with it.

Hey, its their policy to hold items for a day. Its no different then If I order items on their website for store pick up. So I don't really feel about about that.

I don't know why you think im being lazy or taking my time to do it or anything. I drove to a store today, then called several stores till one actually even bothered to look to see if they had it. By the time that happened, I had 30 minutes till I had to go to work and the store is at least 30-40 minutes away.

Show me where in their policy they say they will hold something for a day for people. It's not online from what I've seen.

I mean, I know they hold stuff that you pre-order for 24-48 hours usually. But unless you do in-store pickup on something it might only be a store to store policy and YMMV.

Its basically the store pick up. I've had several stores offer to hold items for me and they have all told me they hold items for 24-48 hours. Most stores have a 24 hour hold period on items.

[quote name='paayter']lol i like how she tried to sell you on the preorder probably oblivious to the fact u didnt want it for a 100 lol.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to tell her I didn't want to pay 100 for that. Haha. Trying to give me a small lecture and all. I told her the CE is the big box and she thought it was the other things. Haha

But the store pickup is online only. Basically what you asked for is for a courtesy hold on a product, they have no legal requirement to hold that for you though.

Its more,, i'd be upset if they sell it after they said they would hold it (they offered, I didn't ask) after everything I had to deal with today with GameStop.

Honestly, doing a store pick up on line and calling a store and asking them to hold an item is the same thing.

But honestly, ill just drop this now. It is what it is and we can agree to disagree.

So happy I saw this thread before closing time, been looking for the Uncharted 3 CE forever just for the steelbook. I was out of the country when Best Buy finally clearanced it, and I'm never actually at a Target when they decide to mark it down.

Just wanted to add that calling the store is really hit-or-miss. First store I called showed "In Stock," not even "Low," but when I asked if they had any left the girl said "No" and hung up right away. From past experience, I'm pretty sure all the copies there are going to be gutted. Thankfully, the girl at my local store called around for me and managed to get one put on hold. Now I just need to make room for the statue...

Thanks OP. Picked up 2 of the U3 CEs (one each from two different stores, even used a $5 off used coupon on one too). Neither store knew that the CE had been converted to used. There were two left at one store (both immediately claimed by staff) and one left at the other (also immediately claimed by staff) after my purchases. This doesn't look to be too hard to find in the SoCal area though and the stock checker online seems pretty accurate. Wouldn't risk calling to check stock as staff seems to be jumping on this as soon as they're made aware of the deal...

To b honest employees actually should have last dibs on this kinda stuff i dunno if ne ones worked retail but retail employees are usually supposed to wait to the end of their shift to buy if a customer wants the item it should go to the customer..its good business practice. Shit like employees hoarding for themselves keep people from coming back in l. Gamestop really need to clean up their act in offerimg better sales..layimg pressure off employees which in turn causes some of thrm to be douches to employees...better and more clear return policies. Their market share dropped ten percen...and im guessing its due to customer service and these shenanigans they pull. Again nothing against the employees ots just corporate creates such a hostile work environment..and before someone says anything about the declining sales of video games...the used market is totally different and has huge markups if gamestops shares dropped ten percent its the culture of the company and not the video game industry as a whole declining

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Show me where in their policy they say they will hold something for a day for people. It's not online from what I've seen.

I mean, I know they hold stuff that you pre-order for 24-48 hours usually. But unless you do in-store pickup on something it might only be a store to store policy and YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Ur right i dont think its an official policy but as u prob know its pretty common that gamestop will hold till end of business day for u. But its completely wrong if they sell the item if they said they will hold it for u...thats very bad business. Now i agree with u that they shoupdnt have to hold an item for u for more then one business day as that is selfishly taking away for someone else to purchasrle the item including the employee

[quote name='Deader2818']The Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-collectors-edition/91256[/QUOTE]

Thank you and whoever let CAG advanced notice of the Uncharted 3 MSRP drop. I locked in the $18+ tiv at amazon mid this month and picked a CE yesturday after work. 1st GS was a dissappointment but scored on the 2nd. They paid me a dollar for relieving them of their Uncharted 3 CE swag.

Both of my local GS stores that were showing up as low stock yesterday still are showing low stock this morning. Maybe I'll head over there after going to the local shop to see if I can grab a PS3 component cable and a Dual Shock 2 for the PS2 I got for $7 from a thrift store down the line.

I might swing by a few other stores on my way to GS. I checked and all the stores still say in stock that said they didnt have it yesterday. Even the ones that show they had more than 1 in stock still show in stock. If I manage to pick up more than 1 i'll see if anyone on here wants them. (would just have to pay what I paid for it + shipping)

All gamestops are telling me that they took out uncharted 3 CE from the system so they don't sell them anymore. Are they lying to me like GS bit*hes or are they actually telling the truth?

[quote name='JayRooster']All gamestops are telling me that they took out uncharted 3 CE from the system so they don't sell them anymore. Are they lying to me like GS bit*hes or are they actually telling the truth?[/QUOTE]

They actually told you the truth... Hence the converted to pre-owned.

All the U3 CEs will scan at U3 (regular) pre-owned price.

[quote name='sasukekun']They actually told you the truth... Hence the converted to pre-owned.

All the U3 CEs will scan at U3 (regular) pre-owned price.[/QUOTE]

So should I ask them to look up the pre owned version in their system?

I checked the Gamestop tracker and there were about a dozen stores with these supposedly in stock, so I called one that was on my way home and the clerk said they didn't have any.

I called the next and he knew right away that they had been converted to used and explained that makes the online and in-store tracker incorrect. Essentially, Uncharted 3 CE has been removed from their system and has been converted to the used SKU. He didn't have any in stock, but recommended another store.

I checked with that store and was told they hadn't had any in a while, but he recommended another store that usually has CEs in stock.

That store didn't have any, but the clerk had worked another store the night before and knew that there were some in-stock.

I called that store and they held two for me. The clerk was surprised to see the adjustment and immediately bought the third and last.

tl;dr: None of the stores showing stock had stock. A store not showing stock had three.

[quote name='JayRooster']So should I ask them to look up the pre owned version in their system?[/QUOTE]

No, you need to go to your store and check.

[quote name='sasukekun']No, you need to go to your store and check.[/QUOTE]

But wouldn't the employees know if I just call them. Jw because the only stores that say have them in low stock are about 15 miles away from me. a couple of the stores that I called told me no right off the bat but another 2 GS checked their computer

bread's done
Back