The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a :ps3: Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition converted to used for $6.29.
Only the :360: is appearing on the website for $19.99. Maybe a single store conversion?

[quote name='coopscohen']Picked up a :ps3: Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition converted to used for $6.29.
Only the :360: is appearing on the website for $19.99. Maybe a single store conversion?[/QUOTE]

Stopped by my store today and saw a balls of steel edition on the shelf. Tried to buy it, but it rang up full price ($19.99). He offered to discount it $2, but I told him I'd just wait for an eventual price drop. He could've swapped the price on me, but I doubt it. He's been pretty straight forward with me in the past, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Has anyone else been able to get it at the used price?

[quote name='Bezerker']Got confirmation today that the Borderlands Loot chests were converted to used.[/QUOTE]
Can't find it on the site. How much is it now?

[quote name='Fukurou']Can't find it on the site. How much is it now?[/QUOTE]

It should be the price of what just a used game is sold for which is $54.99.
None for either platform within 100 miles. Possibly because the conversion. I haven't seen any in the wild outside of the one I have but that doesn't mean it wasn't in the back somewhere because it takes up a lot of space.

[quote name='Bezerker']Got confirmation today that the Borderlands Loot chests were converted to used.[/QUOTE]

Do u work at gamestop? How do you know it got converted?

How about gears of war 3 epic edition?

what are the prices?

[quote name='The Punisher']Do u work at gamestop? How do you know it got converted?

How about gears of war 3 epic edition?

what are the prices?[/QUOTE]

doesn't take a genius to do it, look at the in store inventory if it doesn't show any new instock and a bunch of used ones they're most likely converted from new

Can we assume it would be the used price? So if its in stock/low stock new, then its the used price 44.99(PS3)/49.99(Xbox)

[quote name='sasukekun']Sorry for lack of updates, but :360::ps3: AC3 CE got converted today.

I'll try to keep the thread more up-to-date.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the updates. I loved when UC 3 got converted. AC 3 is still a little to high.

Found 2 stores within 40 miles of me that have it in stock for the PS3. Not going to drive to get it but might have them shipped to my local store. Let's see how I can go about doing that though...

WOW! Looked at the 360 version and multiple stores within 14 miles of me have it in stock. Might just go on a hunt tomorrow for some if the price is right.

[quote name='sasukekun']Sorry for lack of updates, but :360::ps3: AC3 CE got converted today.

I'll try to keep the thread more up-to-date.[/QUOTE]

nice meeting you today :D lool

[quote name='knightsdwn']Using the birthday coupon would make the deal that much sweeter.

Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Actually that's a great point. Assuming AC3 LE converted to used is the used price of the regular now than the 360 / PS3 versions would be $45 / $49. Add in the 20% off coupon than it should be about $36 / $40.

I see no reason why they wouldn't take the coupon either. Yep, tomorrow is going to be a fun day if I can even score just one of these! :bouncy:

is there anyone who would be willing to sell me a ps3 version of AC3 CE if they can find one at their local gamestop? i'll pay a little extra and cover shipping. thx!

oh man!! no store near me has them. oh well. thanks for the update. good luck to anyone trying to get them.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Found 2 stores within 40 miles of me that have it in stock for the PS3. Not going to drive to get it but might have them shipped to my local store. Let's see how I can go about doing that though...

WOW! Looked at the 360 version and multiple stores within 14 miles of me have it in stock. Might just go on a hunt tomorrow for some if the price is right.[/QUOTE]

You can have them ship things between stores?

The stupid online reservation isn't working either -.- Gotta go and luck out before an employee snatches it up!

Also, I do not think you can have them ship between stores. Pretty sure you can only ship to store online items.

[quote name='Quagmilion']The stupid online reservation isn't working either -.- Gotta go and luck out before an employee snatches it up!

Also, I do not think you can have them ship between stores. Pretty sure you can only ship to store online items.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was about to post that I couldn't get an online reservation to work either. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

[quote name='Quagmilion']The stupid online reservation isn't working either -.- Gotta go and luck out before an employee snatches it up!

Also, I do not think you can have them ship between stores. Pretty sure you can only ship to store online items.[/QUOTE]

As a customer you can't but if you work for Gamestop you can just have them ship a game to your store.

...something seems a bit off...if they were converted then wouldnt the store checker be showing 0. well its not and it usually does for conversion cases...are we sure its been converted?

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']...something seems a bit off...if they were converted then wouldnt the store checker be showing 0. well its not and it usually does for conversion cases...are we sure its been converted?[/QUOTE]

Well a gamestop employee, who is the OP, posted that it was converted. What more evidence do you need?

Apparently I have 6 gamestop stores within 20 miles of my house that have at least one for xbox, not sure if I want one though...maybe if I didn't already own ACIII.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Confirmed conversion to used for AC collector edition, got Xbox version[/QUOTE]

What was the price I'm debating on getting one

is Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition used if it is how much is it

This is for both systems correct? I manage to get a "new" copy place on hold for 360 via instore pick up. Even if they scan the original UPC it should rang up the used price correct?

Tried to reserve this game at 3 different stores through in-store pickup... All of them denied, and the in store pickup option was removed from the site, but still says low stock.
Should I bother?

I am new to the thread and have no clue what it means to have a game converted to pre-owned. I checked the store near me and one really close has it listed as low stock. If I run over to get it, how much will it be? It is listed on the web site as new, does that mean that there is a new version and a pre-owned? Sorry to be a ignorant.

I think that the Tron CE for Xbox 360 was also converted to pre-owned recently. PS3 didn't when I checked at my local store.

bread's done
Back