The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
While sometimes employees buy the CE's for themselves, you have to remember that for the rest of the time they are actually just doing their job and not actually just keeping it for themselves. Their instructions are to break up the CE and add the game to their preowned stock and save on the space it was taking up.

For example, when NBA 2K13 was converted last time, my main store had already broke up the Dynasty Edition by the time they saw my online hold request. When I came in the next day for a different reason, the employee brought it up to me without me even mentioning it (they're familiar enough with me to recognize my name on hold requests). They know I'll sometimes pick up some converted CE's but not when they've been gutted. By the time everybody saw that list on here yesterday, remember that employees already received the same email hours earlier. Of course, I'll never know for sure if the employee was just bullshitting me and keeping it for himself but NBA basketball games become useless when they shut down their online servers (which by that time was the case since 2K14 was already out). So in all likelihood, they actually threw out the CE contents in the garbage. Cue the dumpster diving thread.

Don't get me wrong, I know they are. But I use to work for Gamestop and know how these things went on at the 3 nearest stores to mine.

But most of the time it is them just doing their job. Other times, its exactly what many CAGs experience.

Also, we (at least when I worked there) don't get a list of conversations. You know by checking yourself. Why I think the guy got it for himself is b/c of that. He said it was converted (which means it was either in the store and he checked or someone told him) and than said they don't have it. Could be nothing but my experience of seeing fellow co-workers doing the same makes me believe not.
This is interesting though. I didn't understand that gutting and throwing away CE contents were store policy. I revise my previous statement.

Alright, got 2 shipped to my local store. They have no idea it was converted either. Hoping they'll sell me the entire CE instead of saying they can only give me the game. I've always got converted CE complete but GTA5 is a different beast. Who knows what will happen. I'll find out Monday I guess.

Going to stock up on $10 off PUR coupons for this. Luckily I have 14k points left.

Did anyone manage to get the 360 GTA5 CE?

3huQo2i.jpg

was able to get this for $35. girl went in the back to look without me asking and said its the same price so i took it.

Alright, got 2 shipped to my local store. They have no idea it was converted either. Hoping they'll sell me the entire CE instead of saying they can only give me the game. I've always got converted CE complete but GTA5 is a different beast. Who knows what will happen. I'll find out Monday I guess.

Going to stock up on $10 off PUR coupons for this. Luckily I have 14k points left.

Did anyone manage to get the 360 GTA5 CE?
My home store has the 360 one. Do you need one?

Only one store within driving distance showed the GTA V CE in stock when I checked yesterday, so I guess I'll give them a shot this weekend (I can't get there any sooner).

Looks like stores are selling out or already gutted GTA5CE to just the steelbook.

Some stores called me back saying they were gutted and asked if I still wanted them to be shipped. I said no of course. Only one store called back my local store and confirmed that they are sending it out complete. I wanted 2 but better than nothing.

My home store has the 360 one. Do you need one?
Would be great actually. My store number is (770) 421-1178.

Visited the only store nearby that showed a GTA V CE in stock yesterday and they said the extras had been "shipped off" several days ago. Someone else came in looking for it 10 minutes later, too. I also checked with the employee and they didn't even have a steelbook copy for sale even though he said they did at first. Seems likely an employee may have picked it up.

The employee then told me to buy it on the website...

Is there any phone number to call Gamestop to place orders over the phone on?  Would be nice to try and have them find one or try to order items that are greyed out for online ordering and either shipped to store or directly to your home (for return/rebuy).

I had two of the PS3 versions and an X360 GTA V CE in my hands yesterday evening but they hadn't been converted yet and there was no confirmation at that point that they would be versus the SE.  So I left them at the store.  Hoping they are still there in a few hours...

Lol put a ps3 version on hold last night went to the store today and they told me they sold it and that the hold was only good for a day even though they should hold it for two. Luckily they had a 360 one still sealed also b-day coupon,$20 and $10 off made it a steal.

Now for the question should I burn the guy on a survey for selling the copy I put on hold?

Lol put a ps3 version on hold last night went to the store today and they told me they sold it and that the hold was only good for a day even though they should hold it for two. Luckily they had a 360 one still sealed also b-day coupon,$20 and $10 off made it a steal.

Now for the question should I burn the guy on a survey for selling the copy I put on hold?
fULK yARRR ya shuulldd

Considering it was probably a store employee that nabeed it, YES.

Yea and he said he was the manager and the one who sold it.and the girl even called me last night and asked me when I was coming to pick it up and I told her today and she said ok see you then and well have it for you.

The part that got me was the lie about the hold being good for only a day isn't a day 24 hours? I put the hold in last night around 6 and went to pick it up at 2.

Burn him! Btw, I've got a GTA V CE strategy guide up for cheap in the group lowball that's ending tonight!

Tried all 4 stores that were supposed to have ToX CE with no luck. The next 6 stores are in NJ and CT sigh.

And I don't think calling ahead is a good idea. It will significantly decrease your chance of getting one believe it or not.

Yea and he said he was the manager and the one who sold it.and the girl even called me last night and asked me when I was coming to pick it up and I told her today and she said ok see you then and well have it for you.

The part that got me was the lie about the hold being good for only a day isn't a day 24 hours? I put the hold in last night around 6 and went to pick it up at 2.
My local store has always told me that call in/in person hold requests only last till closing of that day. That should be the rule at most.

Got my PS3 GTA V CE copy nice and easy.

The guy that held it for me was definitely interested because as soon as I showed up that reminded him to call another store to put one on hold for himself.
Lucky for him I didn't see that store on the stock checker yesterday or I woulda had that one too.

So traded in Knack and Killzone SF, got a couple Rock Revolutions and GTA V CE, added the bday coupon and then they owed me ~$10.

Here is what my sources found to be converted. Not sure if any of them are CE or standard. There are more to the list but these are all we could see.

RMWmVno.jpg

My local store has always told me that call in/in person hold requests only last till closing of that day. That should be the rule at most.
I did it online and the confirmation email I got said held for 2 days.Somebody even called me yesterday after I put the hold in asking when I was coming to get it and that it would still be there today when I came,but I did burn him though DM already called me back and told me he'll be mailing a $30 GC to me and asked what was the closest store to me so I could exchange the disc for the PS3 version.I guess that makes it better ,but I do still hope he get his ass chewed out for the shady shit he pulled

Dang! Great find. Wish my store had some stock. Would love to get the hori cover that comes with it.
she opened the box in front of me saying she cant sell me pre-owned as new because i could just go sell it on ebay lol. i didnt care because im gonna play it.

You should've replied with but you'll sell me a gutted copy as new...

Thanks OP. Got one with coupons, came out to $33.xx after tax. The guy that rang me up said it's the best deal he'd ever seen.

she opened the box in front of me saying she cant sell me pre-owned as new because i could just go sell it on ebay lol. i didnt care because im gonna play it.
Some employees dont care. The irony is... Gamestop also sell people gutted/open games as new.

Missed out on using my B2G1 coupon to get 3 of them (2 PS3 and 1 X360) by literally a couple of minutes as a customer a couple customers ahead of me got a PS3 one, but I was happy to get the other two. With Power Up pro discount + 20% off Bday coupons and 2 $10 off used SotW coupons in two separate transactions they worked out to be $30 a piece, not bad considering they rang up last night at $130 each

Some employees dont care. The irony is... Gamestop also sell people gutted/open games as new.
yeah ive bought a couple collectors edition that were converted and they didnt care. oh well i guess i did store pick up for the regular edition and she went out of her way to grab me the collectors edition from the back because she remembered seeing it, so i cant really complain.

Anyone confirm the :360: GTA V CE was converted? I just found one at my local store and it rang up $129.99. Are these automatic or does the store have to do something?

Anyone confirm the :360: GTA V CE was converted? I just found one at my local store and it rang up $129.99. Are these automatic or does the store have to do something?
I'm not sure, but I think the store needs to accept the price update / conversion from a central server.... If the store's network was down, it may not have updated the price lists.

Or the employee pulled a fast one on you and manually adjusted the price before you saw it.

Perhaps someone else can expand in this...

I'm not sure, but I think the store needs to accept the price update / conversion from a central server.... If the store's network was down, it may not have updated the price lists.

Or the employee pulled a fast one on you and manually adjusted the price before you saw it.

Perhaps someone else can expand in this...
Well I did pick up the :360: Borderlands 2 Vault Hunter so they did get a conversion update.

I saw him scan it and the price appeared as $129.99. In fact, he was even able to pull it up on his system which seemed weird to me since you shouldn't be able to if it was converted.

Grabbed a GTA V CE for PS3 for 43.07 after 10% off on PUR and 20% off coupon. I had them scan the tales of xillia CE they had but it rang up the normal price. Oh well, I'm pleased with what I got.

Grabbed a GTA V CE for PS3 for 43.07 after 10% off on PUR and 20% off coupon. I had them scan the tales of xillia CE they had but it rang up the normal price. Oh well, I'm pleased with what I got.
Maybe they do have to accept the conversion in their system. Others reported that ToX CE was converted.

Maybe they do have to accept the conversion in their system. Others reported that ToX CE was converted.
The weird thing was the employees were even like "oh you like collectors editions? we have this other one over here". I didn't even notice ToX when I went in and they were pushing it hard.

Well bright light at the end of the tunnel for me. Went to my regular store to exchange 360 for PS3 disc. Told the manager there that I'm cool with what happen today with the other store he then proceeds to do the exchange ringing both copies up as regular used copies and even though I used the b-day coupon , a $20 off, and a $10 off making it like $10 out of pocket I paid he told me I could return the game next week and get the $50 back if I wanted to. Making it like gamestop is paying me to get the collectors edition minus game along with the $30 the DM is sending for the "mistake" feels good getting to bend them over for once instead of being the receiver

It happened to me twice before. When everyone was getting NBA 2k13 Dynasty Edition as used, the store I went to rang it up as full price. When I was searching for Bioshock Ultimate Songbird, one manager searched his system and told me an upstate store still had it. I drove all the way there to find out it was not converted. :wall:

On a side note, ToX CE should be converted, at least that's what I was told by 3 different employees from 3 different stores. Sometimes it seems random stores got glitched and won't auto convert games. You may be able to convince them to ship the whole thing to another store nearby. YMMV though.

bread's done
Back