The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
All CE of Gta around me are gone :/ Was able to snag a Soul Calibur V for ps3 CE .. My main console is 360 though :/ Might return just the game :p

I just picked up a GTA V CE and the employee didn't find it at 1st, then called another location he used to work at and they didn't have it but then checked again and found it do I was happy.

He did tell me the Injustice Fight Stick Edition got converted if that hasn't been noted already.

Is there a thread that talks about pennied out items besides the guides?
That would be awesome :D

I FOUND IT! THE HUNT IS OVER! Lol. The last Gamestop I checked ended up having the GTA V CE in stock! I saw it there sittin a top of the high shelf on the wall.. and i stared at it with awe.. It was still marked new so i knew i lucked out and the emnployees didnt notice it was converted. As soon as he rang it up he was surprised and jealous of my find! He hesitantly continued with my transaction and tried to rub it in my face that he got his hands on the bioshock infinite CE.. Good day..

Other than that i was able to find the SoulCalibur CE at my local mall, that along with 3 Borderlands 2 Vault hunter CE's. :D

Btw.. If none of you have thought of this yet.. If you guys haven't noticed, on the receipt, when something gets converted to preowned, it doesn't say you bought the collectors edition of the game. Meaning, if you already own a copy of the game before you buy a collectors edition used, then you can just head to another gamestop and return your ORIGINAL copy of the game.. There you go, pretty much you get the collectors edition stuff for free (if you don't want the game) or you get it for whatever you paid for the original.

Some of you may have already thought of this but just throwing it out there!

I FOUND IT! THE HUNT IS OVER! Lol. The last Gamestop I checked ended up having the GTA V CE in stock! I saw it there sittin a top of the high shelf on the wall.. and i stared at it with awe.. It was still marked new so i knew i lucked out and the emnployees didnt notice it was converted. As soon as he rang it up he was surprised and jealous of my find! He hesitantly continued with my transaction and tried to rub it in my face that he got his hands on the bioshock infinite CE.. Good day..
Grats and yea this is why u dont call them unless u can find a store that all employees there have ZERO interest in games.

And u know what? If u just want the extra stuff, u can ask them if they can give them to u for free. Most gamestop around me can't care less about selling me a converted game. And for the few that do follow the conversion, they have no problem just giving me the "gutted content" for free. But you need to be there before they take/give out/dump everything. It may be YMMV tho, cuz I even have store managers that deliberately recommend all his supposed-to-be-gutted games to me lol.

I saw a GTA V CE for the 360, I don't own a 360 so what do I gain by buying it?  Is it resale value of the codes or something?  

So out of all the stores I called to have GTA5CE shipped, only one shipped out. That one that shipped it only shipped the steelbook and took everything else.

Oh well. Next time I'll call the day before the conversation instead of the day on. At least I didn't waste a drive all over town for it.

I have the hat and bag that I honestly don't need, or will ever use. I know it has some value, especially down the road.. Willing to trade for something, let me know with a PM.

How are you out guys finding them? Just calling gamestops and asking I'd they have it? Any way to check local inventory?

So I went to the GS that had the 360 version of the gta v ce.  Bought it still sealed and used the bd coupon.  

I asked the girl for an extra empty case and I will prob return the game in it since I don't own a 360.

Sell the code and keep the goodies (at least the hat) and case for whenever the PS3 vanilla game drops in price since I won't be playing the game anytime soon.

I also got a precision shot 3 for the move for $5.99.  My BB was out of the original move gun

I will entertain any offers before I put parts on eBay.  Just PM me :)

So I went to the GS that had the 360 version of the gta v ce. Bought it still sealed and used the bd coupon.

I asked the girl for an extra empty case and I will prob return the game in it since I don't own a 360.

Sell the code and keep the goodies (at least the hat) and case for whenever the PS3 vanilla game drops in price since I won't be playing the game anytime soon.

I also got a precision shot 3 for the move for $5.99. My BB was out of the original move gun

I will entertain any offers before I put parts on eBay. Just PM me :)
I'll give you about tree fiddy for the code!

So I went to the GS that had the 360 version of the gta v ce. Bought it still sealed and used the bd coupon.

wheres the CAG jury for this one?

:beer:

Wait, you think one is even needed? I thought we were just going to execute him right away!
lol. sorry, but I'm a hat guy and saw a vid and the quality so I had to go get it. I own more hats than all my games from all my current systems combined

I actual had the manager at my regular store tell me to do the same thing after the store I bought my GTA V CE from screwed up my original order. $52 back and all the CE items for when next gen version comes out is not too shabby

Yea more like wishful thinking I'm hoping it does since I never got to play it on PS3 or 360 while I had them.They re-did lara so it is a chance no matter how small it may be

Yeah, there's so many just speculative pre-orders out there at various shady places for games that have never been announced or even hinted at in any way.

Yea more like wishful thinking I'm hoping it does since I never got to play it on PS3 or 360 while I had them.They re-did lara so it is a chance no matter how small it may be
I think it's got more than a chance. We aren't talking about some Japanese niche title or yearly sports game here. This is GTA. Bigger than Assassin's Creed, bigger than Tomb Raider, hell bigger than Injustice ;) They are undoubtedly aware that they could move tons of stock with minimal effort. The only way I could see a GOTY not coming on PS4/XB1 is if the team is just absolutely swamped on some new project, or if GTA online is somehow holding it back.

I was hoping we'd get a GOTY for Arkham Origins, but I knew that was always unlikely :cry: . Still, I can't figure out why they'd do it for Injustice and not do it for Origins?

Last edited:
I think it's got more than a chance. We aren't talking about some Japanese niche title or yearly sports game here. This is GTA. Bigger than Assassin's Creed, bigger than Tomb Raider, hell bigger than Injustice ;) They are undoubtedly aware that they could move tons of stock with minimal effort. The only way I could see a GOTY not coming on PS4/XB1 is if the team is just absolutely swamped on some new project, or if GTA online is somehow holding it back.

I was hoping we'd get a GOTY for Arkham Origins, but I knew that was always unlikely :cry: . Still, I can't figure out why they'd do it for Injustice and not do it for Origins?
AFAIK Injustice sold 750,000 more copies than origins. GOTY should be a GOTY not regular game w. dlc added, that you can call complete or something, but not GOTY

AFAIK Injustice sold 750,000 more copies than origins. GOTY should be a GOTY not regular game w. dlc added, that you can call complete or something, but not GOTY
Why not? It's not like GOTY means anything to anybody. I could start up my own tumblr and nominate my own GOTY's, it'd be better than half the shit I see online now. Hell, I crack up every time I see a site with "Nintendo" or "Playstation" or some variation of that in the URL award a GOTY.... and people take it seriously. I remember that site that awarded a GOTY to Nintendoland right after WiiU's launch, that was hilarious watching people try to justify it's selection while watching everyone else bitch that a rehashed 2D platformer with a certain plumber didn't win.... naturally nobody was even willing to consider Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3, Arkham City, or any other 3rd party game that came out for the system. Let alone the older 1st party stuff like Pokemon B/W2 and Xenoblade.

Still though, not as funny as those old Nickelodeon gamer awards. Notice how their picks for GOTY would consist of games like "New Super Mario Bros" or "Mario Kart" against games like "Spongebob Squarepants" or "Madagascar" (guess what usually wins BTW :rofl: )? And don't even get me started on the Spike TV Awards....

The point is, GOTY means nothing to nobody. Even sites that insist they are unbiased like IGN and Joystiq are full of paid off fanboys (yes I have met some of these people personally, and yes they are very much biased fanboys). So don't begrudge a good Batman game for releasing a GOTY version...

Last edited:
It wouldnt be called GOTY anyways, they just call them "Complete" or "Ultimate" editions.
Arkham Asylum/City were both called GOTY, so I assume Arkham Origins would get the same treatment.

Again, at this point I doubt it's coming, wishful thinking at best now. It's a shame too; I have a hard time justifying paying the asking price for most of their DLC, but I'd love to fight crime in the Brightest Day suit :D

Last edited:
Finally got around in attempting a return/rebuy on a GTA V CE I found on Friday and bought at full price . As I mentioned earlier in this thread, for some reason the store I grabbed it from didn't convert it to used. Anyway, after a few minutes of head scratching by the CSR because it was ringing up as not found, a manager was called over and had no problem doing a return/rebuy for me. So i guess this might be solution if this happens on future conversions. 

Finally got around in attempting a return/rebuy on a GTA V CE I found on Friday and bought at full price . As I mentioned earlier in this thread, for some reason the store I grabbed it from didn't convert it to used. Anyway, after a few minutes of head scratching by the CSR because it was ringing up as not found, a manager was called over and had no problem doing a return/rebuy for me. So i guess this might be solution if this happens on future conversions.
Cool, nice to know. I know if that were to happen to me I'd be confused as hell lol.

Can anyone tell me if zone of enders hd collection limited edition was ever converted for xbox 360?

If, so, what is the converted price?
When you can't find a specific game within 100 mile radius, it usually means the game is converted(BD CE is converted! :rofl: ). So just use pickup@store to check.

The converted price will always be the preowned price of the game.

When you can't find a specific game within 100 mile radius, it usually means the game is converted(BD CE is converted! :rofl: ). So just use pickup@store to check.

The converted price will always be the preowned price of the game.
Actually it sold out, big time, that thing is in extremely, extremely high demand.

bread's done
Back