The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't recall--does return-rebuy work for items like these if you pick them up the day before they're converted then come back when they have been?

I can't recall--does return-rebuy work for items like these if you pick them up the day before they're converted then come back when they have been?
Doubtful. I think the sku is removed from the system for the NEW version. I had trouble last year returning a new (gutted) copy of Shadowrun that I had bought a few days prior and it was converted a day or two after I bought it. Worker refused the return saying the system won't allow it.

just place a pickup hold order tonight then pick it up tomorrow
It's going to be a bit more difficult to pick it up tomorrow, but I might give it a shot anyway.

I actually don't need the AC IV LE since I'm waiting for the game to hit $10-$15 and I already have the steelbook (the only LE extra that I really wanted), but I'll still try to score the statue and other extras anyway.

It's going to be a bit more difficult to pick it up tomorrow, but I might give it a shot anyway.

I actually don't need the AC IV LE since I'm waiting for the game to hit $10-$15 and I already have the steelbook (the only LE extra that I really wanted), but I'll still try to score the statue and other extras anyway.
yea the statue is really nice to I would of jumped on this deal myself but even after the birthday coupon it the same price I paid for it at best buy a month ago

Got one on hold too.  Time to use the new bday coupon and drop that baby even more. :beer:

I cannot believe that it's still 55 used though.

to help, what CEs does your store have other than that one? (so we know what not to check)
So my store has:
Adventure Time: Explore The Dungeon....(3DS)
Ys Memory of Celceta (Vita)
Forza 5
COD Ghost Hardened and Prestige (PS4 and PS3)
Splinter Cell Blacklist (360) - haven't received it yet, but it's in our list of incoming shipment, and is on sale until next Tuesday.

So the ones listed above WILL NOT BE CONVERTED tomorrow.

On the fence about it since I bought it from target the vanilla version with the pre order deal.would love the extras though.guess I could resale the steel book to make up some difference

Got AC4 LE PS3 and CoD: Ghost Prestige PS3 put on hold at one of my local stores and ready for pickup. 

How are we suppose to search for CoD: Ghost Prestige PS4 if it's an online only item? Going to go to my local store since they have all the other CoD converts in stock.

EDIT: nvm, CoD: Ghost Prestige not being converted.

Got AC4 LE PS3 and CoD: Ghost Prestige PS3 put on hold at one of my local stores and ready for pickup.

How are we suppose to search for CoD: Ghost Prestige PS4 if it's an online only item? Going to go to my local store since they have all the other CoD converts in stock.
You know the guy said CoD: Ghost Prestige WILL NOT be converted tomorrow, right? :???:

Why are a lot of you confident your stores won't cancel your holds tomorrow morning? All the stores in my area only hold through the same day they were placed, so I'm thinking about placing a hold for the lone :360: AC IV LE in my area after closing time.

You know the guy said CoD: Ghost Prestige WILL NOT be converted tomorrow, right? :???:

Why are a lot of you confident your stores won't cancel your holds tomorrow morning? All the stores in my area only hold through the same day they were placed, so I'm thinking about placing a hold for the lone :360: AC IV LE in my area after closing time.
Wow, didn't see that. Too excited about it. Either way, still got AC4 LE though.

Not sure we are confident about it but there isn't much you can do but either call or have it put on hold. What else do you want people to do to secure it?

You have a shitty store. Email says they'll hold for up to two days, and I've had stores hold longer than that.

yea if you place the hold online it up to 48 hours but if you go in the store and ask or call on phone and ask then it only the same day usually

You have a shitty store. Email says they'll hold for up to two days, and I've had stores hold longer than that.
yeah what this guy said. my store (used) to have an awesome manager,and I was friends with him. i remember when SMT IV was about to come out and I told him I was going to a con that same month and was un sure if i was able to pay for it right off the bat. he said he would hold a Limited Edition copy for me, 1-2 months after.

I placed it on hold in my area. This is my first time dealing with a converted to preowned, so tomorrow when I go pick it up it's going to ring up as a used video game price? They won't try to say the sticker says 119?

^They might. Just tell them you still want it though. They can't do much about that. But know that they can refuse you all the extra content but I've never seen an employee do that.

I placed it on hold in my area. This is my first time dealing with a converted to preowned, so tomorrow when I go pick it up it's going to ring up as a used video game price? They won't try to say the sticker says 119?
yes that right and make sure you use the 20% off birthday coupon to

Either inventory checker is deleting the converted games or someone brought the AC4 LE I put on hold and got confirmation to pick up. Does anyone know if they take it out the system if you do get confirmation to get it?

Either inventory checker is deleting the converted games or someone brought the AC4 LE I put on hold and got confirmation to pick up. Does anyone know if they take it out the system if you do get confirmation to get it?
Yeah, that usually happens in my experience. (that it doesn't show online)

Once a HOPS request is confirmed for pickup, the item's inventory count is reduced by 1. So if it's the last copy, it can't be searched for online or in store.
I tried it on my store's last copy of Hatsune Miku last year - after I confirmed the HOPS request, I searched for the nearest locations that had it in stock, and found my store was no longer on the list.

So far as I can tell, ACIV PS3 was the only CE/LE converted.  I made a list of all the ones that showed up on the stock checker last night and it's the only one which stopped showing up.

Thanks for the heads-up, invizibleskratchpikl!

I was pleasantly surprised that my in-store hold from yesterday survived until I got off work to pick it up; I know from painful experience that some stores (depending on employees / managers) will proceed to "gut" the CE and try to sell me the game only even with the store-pickup for the CE... as if any sane customer fully expecting a CE to be on hold for him would ever want to pick up just the game itself when he has an email confirmation for the CE... :puke:

Had to place $5 on a new pre-order, but not a big problem to deal with. Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh, and a 95% confirmation that the :360: version of the AC4 CE was NOT converted...

My hold request for AC4 LE PS3 was successful. The girl knew exactly who I was once I asked for it. They had already put the used sticker on the game too. Eng up getting it for $41. Thank you!

Failed, i place a hold and when i go there yeaterday afternoon they claim it is not there anymore even when I have the hold and attempt to try to sell me a normal edition for 60.  I proceed to write a well manner complain to the district manager.  They picked a wrong "person" to lie to and screw me. 

Yea they did that to me with the GTA V collectors edition it was just my luck that the store had both PS3 and 360 version and both were converted at the same time. They will definitely try to screw you so they can keep the extras for themselves

i am interested in a flag and DL content card for ps3 if anyone has and willing to sell
PM me tomorrow w/ what you want to pay for them.

I just did an online pick up, if they "find" it I will be getting it tomorrow morning.

-------

It said $119.99 when I did my pickup order page, it should scan used in-store there right?

I just did an online pick up, if they "find" it I will be getting it tomorrow morning.

-------

It said $119.99 when I did my pickup order page, it should scan used in-store there right?
Yes, assuming it's still there for you to pick up.

Yes, assuming it's still there for you to pick up.
They just left me a msj on my phone saying they are sorry that the store show it has it, but is an error on the system and that they don't have it even though I will get a confirmation that there is one. Shady GS employees are shady. i wiil try to do the order again tomorrow so that she can't get it tomorrow.

-------
I'm confused you just did a online pickup today? If you talking about assassin creed 4 limited edition it not in the system online you are talking about the ps3 version right?

I'm confused you just did a online pickup today? If you talking about assassin creed 4 limited edition it not in the system online you are talking about the ps3 version right?
yes, blackflag le ps3, that is the one that has been converted unless I'm missing something??

any ways, I just got the pick up order email, even though she says she doesn't have it I will go tomorrow to get it since she can't get it until tomorrow if her manager is in store.

bread's done
Back