The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
how is he a dick ? when a guide is pennied out they MUST rip the cover off to send back to the publisher for credit. ive been extremely lucky with guides but when they do this i just shrug it off and say ”meh he/shes doing their job”
They don't get sent to the publisher. They get sent straight to the garbage bin FYI.

how is he a dick ? when a guide is pennied out they MUST rip the cover off to send back to the publisher for credit. ive been extremely lucky with guides but when they do this i just shrug it off and say ”meh he/shes doing their job”
They don't "have" to rip it or do anything to it. I used to work at Gamestop. Sometimes our manager was told to destroy games that have been in the store for years, converted to used (or keep it for themselves) or accessories. But they can easily just throw it away and no one would care.

These don't get sent back to the publisher :shame: They are thrown away. Unless my boss was telling me the wrong information, which I doubt.

They don't "have" to rip it or do anything to it. I used to work at Gamestop. Sometimes our manager was told to destroy games that have been in the store for years, converted to used (or keep it for themselves) or accessories. But they can easily just throw it away and no one would care.

These don't get sent back to the publisher :shame: They are thrown away. Unless my boss was telling me the wrong information, which I doubt.
As per the district manager's request, if you are now found out giving away or taking pennied guides, you can be either verbally warned, written up, or terminated. Our district had issues with people getting items from GameStop and taking them to a local store to sell back, so changes had to be made. Maybe there is a store manager or district manager out there a little more relaxed on this ordeal, but we make sure everything is promptly disposed of on Wednesday morning so we don't run into any issues.

As per the district manager's request, if you are now found out giving away or taking pennied guides, you can be either verbally warned, written up, or terminated. Our district had issues with people getting items from GameStop and taking them to a local store to sell back, so changes had to be made. Maybe there is a store manager or district manager out there a little more relaxed on this ordeal, but we make sure everything is promptly disposed of on Wednesday morning so we don't run into any issues.
I didn't say the manager gave it away. He threw them away in the trash.

Only time I heard a store getting in any type of trouble was in areas where people dumpster dived (not bringing it back to be traded in). It looks bad on us to have people going through a Gamestop trash in the middle day where customers can see.

Even at that, other stores would give away pennied out guides and shirts. Our district manager didn't care about that since they can't trade it in. We would give those out during midnight releases or launch parties to bring in more customers.

That really sucks. Hope that doesn't extend to converted CEs.

I didn't say the manager gave it away. He threw them away in the trash.

Only time I heard a store getting in any type of trouble was in areas where people dumpster dived (not bringing it back to be traded in). It looks bad on us to have people going through a Gamestop trash in the middle day where customers can see.

Even at that, other stores would give away pennied out guides and shirts. Our district manager didn't care about that since they can't trade it in. We would give those out during midnight releases or launch parties to bring in more customers.
I guess my first sentence wasn't evident, but what I was getting at is that things have changed. When I first started, yeah, we were able to raid the penny bin and grab guides and such. But, as time went on, employees would start to use those as factors to get people to pre-order games that they would then cancel. You want a free guide? Just put $5 down on a game and I'll give you one! We are REQUIRED to tear the covers off of the guides and trash them. I've asked my SM, I've asked my DM. Is it a waste? Yeah, I think so, but rules are rules, and even though the pay isn't great and my ASM has been robbed twice at his original store a few blocks down, at least it's a job.

I guess my first sentence wasn't evident, but what I was getting at is that things have changed. When I first started, yeah, we were able to raid the penny bin and grab guides and such. But, as time went on, employees would start to use those as factors to get people to pre-order games that they would then cancel. You want a free guide? Just put $5 down on a game and I'll give you one! We are REQUIRED to tear the covers off of the guides and trash them. I've asked my SM, I've asked my DM. Is it a waste? Yeah, I think so, but rules are rules, and even though the pay isn't great and my ASM has been robbed twice at his original store a few blocks down, at least it's a job.
That's a completely different scenario though. Those employees can't and shouldn't do that.

Guess its different depending on store. When we had pennied out guides we'd just throw them away. Sometimes we give them out FOR FREE at launches / midnight releases. That includes toys, shirts, posters, etc.

As for the job, I loved my time at Gamestop. People have their horror stories but I had a great time there. I quit though since I was moving to a university. That and I got a job that even though the pay was the same, I got a bunch of tips that doubled what I was getting at Gamestop.

Here is some clarification. Back in the day (1950s-1990s), book publishers required the covers to be sent back whether from bookstores or newsagents. In the information age, they do not require them to be mailed back.

I haven't worked for gamestop, but I assume they scan the books (to take them out of inventory) when they are "destroyed" (given away, cover torn off, or just tossed) and the company sends a mass database count to the publisher for credit. If they were smart and really wanted to crack down, they should compare the destroyed count plus the sold to see what type of discrepancies appear per store or district. I assume they don't want to invest the time or money to do this, but the DM could be held accountable for large differences in counts.

Yep, i just got confirmation that the Blacklist CE converted.  $35 before discount.  Headed out right now to see if i can find what else went.

Sorry about the delay.

3DS:
Disney Power of Illusion

360:
Aliens Colonial Marines
Dead or Alive 5 (Vanilla)
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Splinter Cell Blacklist Paladin Edition

PS3:
Aliens Colonial Marines
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Call of Duty Black Ops II

Sorry about the delay.

3DS:
Disney Power of Illusion

360:
Aliens Colonial Marines
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Splinter Cell Blacklist Paladin Edition

PS3:
Aliens Colonial Marines
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Call of Duty Black Ops II
so the conversion doesn't happen until midnight tonight right?

Again... Blacklist..... Been busy so I couldn't elab. Converts take a day to complete. When it goes tho, it goes

Thanks to invizibleskratchpikl for the heads up on all of the conversions.

Do you guys think the Splinter Cell Blacklist Paladin Edition is worth it? I think the graphic novel looks cool, but I doubt I'd ever fly that plane around.

Thanks to invizibleskratchpikl for the heads up on all of the conversions.

Do you guys think the Splinter Cell Blacklist Paladin Edition is worth it? I think the graphic novel looks cool, but I doubt I'd ever fly that plane around.
here the video of the plane attempting to fly it seem a lot of people have had trouble flying it so if you get it think of it more like a display piece not a actual RC Plane http://youtu.be/lStBLuBF1Sc

It's still showing in stock on both consoles
It's showing in stock because the change doesn't happen till tomorrow so if you are interested in it put a store pickup hold on 1 and pick it up tomorrow and it will ring up the used price barring any setbacks from the employees.

Hopefully getting Blacklist for the plane... if the hold request goes through.  All GS in the area seem to have it in-stock, so hopefully I'll get one.   My kids an I have a collection of small RC copters, so adding a plane to the militia would be nice.

Does anyone want me to try to get one? How much do they weigh, anyway?

I think I can pick up a few from local stores if someone wants one. I know there's a hoardo in this area, but I have Fridays free and two stores have no problems with letting me have conversions.

I didn't want it but after watching this video, I completely changed my mind. That plane is pretty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPRVEiobFE0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I didn't want it but after watching this video, I completely changed my mind. That plane is pretty sweet.

And it in action. I want it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svtvniiUx_I

EDIT: Struck down again. Could not be fulfilled....

Thanks for the heads up!  I saw this at the local GS a few days ago and was wondering when it would drop.  Placed a hold, still on the fence though.  We'll see.

Just placed my hold and the manager called me and told me not to come pick it up today because it will be $34.99 tomorrow. I couldn't believe he called to save me some money, great guy!

Pardon my ignorance but I just stumbled upon this thread. I've read some tidbits in here about ACIV LE. Is it now available at a much cheaper price than the sticker suggests? I was in a local GS two days ago and they had one on the top shelf but I'm not paying $120 for it...

TIA for filling my ignorance void! :D

Pardon my ignorance but I just stumbled upon this thread. I've read some tidbits in here about ACIV LE. Is it now available at a much cheaper price than the sticker suggests? I was in a local GS two days ago and they had one on the top shelf but I'm not paying $120 for it...

If it is the PS3 version it will ring up at the price of a Used non-LE ACIV, or $34.99.

Any other platform is regular price.

yes the ps3 version only though

Watch videos of people actually trying to fly it and it breaking on the first or second attempt and you'll see it's cheap foam junk.

I'm confused as to what this thread is. Does gamestop lower some CE's to used price on some days or what?
Eventually, every game reaches a point in time where GameStop decides no one is buying it anymore - some much faster than others. At that point, Gamestop changes their system so that that game automatically rings up at the used price when it is scanned.

This includes collectors editions, but since there are no used versions of collectors editions, it just rings up at the used price of the standard addition of the game. So, if there is a rare game or a ds game or collectors edition that gets converted to used, people here try to get it immediately so they can get the case or the extra goodies before they get thrown away or snatched up by someone else.

This thread is frequently updated by GameStop employees who become aware of the upcoming conversions the day before they are converted. They are usually converted on Fridays and if you check the inventory tracker on the Thursday before, you can see which stores should have a copy of that game that will be converted.

It is cheap foam junk. If you don't know how to fly it, you'll end up breaking it pretty fast. And for the one that asked, it's not too heavy but the box is fairly big. Certainly not something worth shipping.

Eventually, every game reaches a point in time where GameStop decides no one is buying it anymore - some much faster than others. At that point, Gamestop changes their system so that that game automatically rings up at the used price when it is scanned.

This includes collectors editions, but since there are no used versions of collectors editions, it just rings up at the used price of the standard addition of the game. So, if there is a rare game or a ds game or collectors edition that gets converted to used, people here try to get it immediately so they can get the case or the extra goodies before they get thrown away or snatched up by someone else.
I see. I assume the prices are only in-store?

bread's done
Back