The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive seen a gamestop or two with the statue from the ass creed 3 ce behind the counter before they even got converted. i wonder if they gut a copy or two for themselves sometimes

[quote name='StryderOmega']Why?

They don't get credit for CE contents, lol. This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard.[/QUOTE]

To keep for themselves...

[quote name='strait edge follower']ive seen a gamestop or two with the statue from the ass creed 3 ce behind the counter before they even got converted. i wonder if they gut a copy or two for themselves sometimes[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't blame them one bit if they did. Who doesn't want a free statue.
Every job have perks, I guess this is one of the perks of being a GS employee?

[quote name='Yigytugd']To keep for themselves...[/QUOTE]

The employees work there and know about deals before anyone else. If they really want a game, they will get it. Please stop the nonsense of employees wanting to keep a game for themselves after you call them. THEY WORK THERE!!

[quote name='oasisboy']The employees work there and know about deals before anyone else. If they really want a game, they will get it. Please stop the nonsense of employees wanting to keep a game for themselves after you call them. THEY WORK THERE!![/QUOTE]

I disagree. I've gotten tons of deals at GameStop and only when I'm purchasing the item is there first inkling of it.

[quote name='coopscohen']I disagree. I've gotten tons of deals at GameStop and only when I'm purchasing the item is there first inkling of it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed you can't assume just because somebody works at a store they know all they promotions andsales going on.

lol my gamestop always tells me that they just let me do whatever i like since I always know about promos before them, lol.

It really just depends on the employee. Some are likely like hawks and keep up on every little deal that comes up. Others work there and don't even really give a shit about games.

the gamestop where i got the max payne 3 ce at also has the batman archam city ce in stock. ill check tommorow if it was converted to used. ill also check the duke nukem balls if steel edition that another gamestop has while im at it. hope to fill this thread up with more finds :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']the gamestop where i got the max payne 3 ce at also has the batman archam city ce in stock. ill check tommorow if it was converted to used. ill also check the duke nukem balls if steel edition that another gamestop has while im at it. hope to fill this thread up with more finds :)[/QUOTE]

i need to move to where you are, lol.

They probably removed everything except the game. It's like $0.01 strategy guides all over again. You'd have better luck if you dumpster dive tonight Saturday.

Arkham city CE is $50. I bought one a couple of weeks ago, but it could of changed by now who knows. Hopefully It has been converted because the CE is pretty cool.

[quote name='maxpower0965']Arkham city CE is $50. I bought one a couple of weeks ago, but it could of changed by now who knows. Hopefully It has been converted because the CE is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I saw one and still $50. I got mines at BB for $25 back then when it hit clearance.

Also, GS they said that it was a preorder and others say been converted to used. One person said they claim it already. At least he wasnt trying to give be a bs story. CAG here shouldnt get mad since these people work.

Anyway, I found a gem legend of kage 2 for $2.99. The chick couldnt find the used case, so she remove the new sticker and gave me that. There isnt much old school scroller games on the ds that i was looking for that is like street of rage, final fight, etc., but $2.99 cant be beat. Anyone know any other great ds games like street of rage, etc.?
I was thinking of contra 4, andthe mega man games on the ds, but not sure what mega man game. (See black ace, red joker...confused since I know the 1st mega man series. Was this a spin off show?)

[quote name='oasisboy']The employees work there and know about deals before anyone else. If they really want a game, they will get it. Please stop the nonsense of employees wanting to keep a game for themselves after you call them. THEY WORK THERE!![/QUOTE]

And that's why they are surprised when we come into the store and get these CE for used prices right. They only know about the advertised deals. I use to work at Gamestop, we only know what the manager tells us is a deal, not price drops or conversions.

You really need to turn down the anger. We're just saying that even if you go into the store or call, it could be both good or bad but depends on the situation. No one is saying all Gamestop employees keep these deals for themselves but it does happen. Honestly, go into a freezer.

[quote name='maxpower0965']Arkham city CE is $50. I bought one a couple of weeks ago, but it could of changed by now who knows. Hopefully It has been converted because the CE is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

One of the stores in my area still has 2 Xbox, and 1 PS3 Batman AC CE sitting there. They also have a ton of Gears of War 3 CE. This store is basically the dumping ground for all the other stores in my area and out in the country. Was there on Firday to grab the ASS. Creed 3 CE they had and the Batmans and Gears were still $49.99 with a 25% off discount on top of that for store wear on the boxes (was $37.50). I picked up one of the gears CE for $39 sometime after taxes.

i scanned the ninja gaiden 3 ce and it rang up 29.99$ (not used). i got it anyway for 24.99$ no tax using a 5$ off pur coupon. 10$ for the game and 14.99$ for the swag is how i look at it, pretty sweet ! ill scan batman and duke nukem tommorow cause i have to work now

[quote name='strait edge follower']i scanned the ninja gaiden 3 ce and it rang up 29.99$ (not used). i got it anyway for 24.99$ no tax using a 5$ off pur coupon. 10$ for the game and 14.99$ for the swag is how i look at it, pretty sweet ! ill scan batman and duke nukem tommorow cause i have to work now[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Checked GS site and their appears to be one located near me. Worth a shot to check and see if they actually do.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i scanned the ninja gaiden 3 ce and it rang up 29.99$ (not used). i got it anyway for 24.99$ no tax using a 5$ off pur coupon. 10$ for the game and 14.99$ for the swag is how i look at it, pretty sweet ! ill scan batman and duke nukem tommorow cause i have to work now[/QUOTE]

Are the figures nice? I am still not sure I want to spend $30 credit on that game.

Im jealous of you guys even finding these AC3 collectors editions. Ive never once found one of these converted collectors edition near me. I hate my GS nearby :cry:

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Im jealous of you guys even finding these AC3 collectors editions. Ive never once found one of these converted collectors edition near me. I hate my GS nearby :cry:[/QUOTE]
You need to go to further locations. I don't know how much gas costs where you live but may be worth a drive.

[quote name='TooPoor']You need to go to further locations. I don't know how much gas costs where you live but may be worth a drive.[/QUOTE]

Even then, it can be hard to come by. I had 5 Gamestops that had it in stock the first two days of being converted to used, and then none were in stock within 100 miles. I actually got mine because I know my stores manager really well and he kept one for me as the other one was already reserved for someone else.

[quote name='addicted2games']Even then, it can be hard to come by. I had 5 Gamestops that had it in stock the first two days of being converted to used, and then none were in stock within 100 miles. I actually got mine because I know my stores manager really well and he kept one for me as the other one was already reserved for someone else.[/QUOTE]
Which is why you should never leave the Internet/CAG, and act quickly as soon as the info gets out. And a fast car helps too. Super pursuit mode, as they (was it htz or strait edge? I forgot) say.

[quote name='strait edge follower']after a 20$ off used game coupon, the birthday coupon and my pur card i got a ps3 ass creed 3 ce for 14.39 in credit. what a steal !!!!!![/QUOTE]

Hmmm I did the exact same thing but my total was 17.99... did you apply the 20% before you took off the $20? If so, I think my GS employee did the $20 off first. Lame... but still an awesome deal lol

My local GS guy lied to me, could see it on his face. He tried lying about the process and shit, how they send them back and other shit that didn't make sense. All I asked was if they had one in stock for PS3, that was it and he starts stumbling, bumbling and shit. I hate that. Oh well, not worth the effort.

[quote name='TooPoor']You need to go to further locations. I don't know how much gas costs where you live but may be worth a drive.[/QUOTE]

There is only three near me. All within a couple mile os each other and my home. After that the closest ones are all the bajillion in Houston. And im NOT going to Houston for that.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']My local GS guy lied to me, could see it on his face. He tried lying about the process and shit, how they send them back and other shit that didn't make sense. All I asked was if they had one in stock for PS3, that was it and he starts stumbling, bumbling and shit. I hate that. Oh well, not worth the effort.[/QUOTE]
I also love how the policy changes at every gamestop. I remember the 3 near me when I lived in VA EACH had a different policy on when I needed my ID and they all said it was corporate. I wouldnt mind going to gamestop but so many times that place wants to make me break stuff.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']My local GS guy lied to me, could see it on his face. He tried lying about the process and shit, how they send them back and other shit that didn't make sense. All I asked was if they had one in stock for PS3, that was it and he starts stumbling, bumbling and shit. I hate that. Oh well, not worth the effort.[/QUOTE]

Which store was it? 12th street, mall, or 24th? Lol

Why won't Ass Creed 3 used drop in price so I can start to look for the CE cheap? 4 is already announced, everyone knows its coming, and AC3 is still 44.99 used. Did it not sell enough copies for UBIsoft, MSRP should have dropped for it by know?

[quote name='nixmahn']Why won't Ass Creed 3 used drop in price so I can start to look for the CE cheap? 4 is already announced, everyone knows its coming, and AC3 is still 44.99 used. Did it not sell enough copies for UBIsoft, MSRP should have dropped for it by know?[/QUOTE]

Its funny that it hasnt dropped. Its been 29.99 at bestbuy for like 2 months now

[quote name='MykelxKnight']Does anyone know if Gears of War 3 Epic just got converted?

I just noticed online you can no longer order it, only has instore pickup[/QUOTE]

Maybe they shipped all of it to stores thinking it will sell better? At least I hope. Waiting for that big sale coming up at GameStop to snag this on the extreme cheap.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Maybe they shipped all of it to stores thinking it will sell better? At least I hope. Waiting for that big sale coming up at GameStop to snag this on the extreme cheap.[/QUOTE]

Ive been waiting for it to drop a lil more. I really want the marcus statue for my collection. I dont own any ce games. I just recently started collecting.

Seems a bunch of stores in my area have them in stock. 2 of them have the big ass boxes right in front of the register and no one seems to give a shit about them.

[quote name='MykelxKnight']Ive been waiting for it to drop a lil more. I really want the marcus statue for my collection. I dont own any ce games. I just recently started collecting.[/QUOTE]

Keep your fingers crossed for the May sale then! That's when a lot of old CEs drop to like halve their current price.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Keep your fingers crossed for the May sale then! That's when a lot of old CEs drop to like halve their current price.[/QUOTE]

Thats the month I will be out and working again :( Hopefully I can get my girlfriend to pick up copies for me while Im away thanks for the heads up about may sales though with ces....

Ive had my eye on a lot of them at my local gs

[quote name='MykelxKnight']Thats the month I will be out and working again :( Hopefully I can get my girlfriend to pick up copies for me while Im away thanks for the heads up about may sales though with ces....

Ive had my eye on a lot of them at my local gs[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the trick is finding a box that isn't bent up to shit from shelf ware. However, I found some near my work that were placed on pegs up by the ceiling that looked to be in great condition.

No conversion on GoW Epic Edition. Most likely kept that way due to Gears Judgement release. I had 2 at my store, sold both of them during Judgement launch.

Keep an eye out for Max Payne SE, that's probably what's next.

[quote name='sasukekun']No conversion on GoW Epic Edition. Most likely kept that way due to Gears Judgement release. I had 2 at my store, sold both of them during Judgement launch.

Keep an eye out for Max Payne SE, that's probably what's next.[/QUOTE]

thats what i was thinking but i could only find one max payne in my city so i picked it up.. i didnt want to risk loosing it

I bought it when it was 20 and don't really like any of it. i wonder if I could just pack it up and sell it. I havent even opened the game, lol.

[quote name='perdition(troy']it is trading it at amazon for ~24 right now. you at least get your cash back.[/QUOTE]

Thats for the xbox one. Mine is ps3 and its only trading in for 16 sadly.

bread's done
Back