The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed a hold while it was still new. "Unable to fulfill hold request." Yeah my ass, in other words they kept it for themselves. Oh well.

I dont know why people keep using the "hold request" if it never works. Most of the times the ememployees dont know the prices until you are smart enough to make them check it for you. If you know they have them just ho and buy it. They had that games for a long time and I dont see why they Will sell it before you get there. Think people think!.

I dont know why people keep using the "hold request" if it never works. Most of the times the ememployees dont know the prices until you are smart enough to make them check it for you. If you know they have them just ho and buy it. They had that games for a long time and I dont see why they Will sell it before you get there. Think people think!.
I know, requesting a hold just alerts the staff to gut the extras before you get there, or to just buy it themselves.
They know days in advance. I work for shitstop (Finally landed a job at Geek Squad, now I get paid what an assistant manager would get at Gamestop.) and you get a notification days earlier letting you know what items that your store has in stock that will be converted. A hold request is SUPPOSED to be fulfilled if the item is actually there. So either way, the only way to actually snag these is if the employees are lazy and don't check the notifications, or if they don't need them.

Landed KZ3 using the "Pickup at store" with no issues. Box has some shelf wear but contents are all accounted for. Held on Thursday night and picked up this morning. I don't see why anyone is against using the "Pickup" option. If you have a dink of an employee that uses this "alert" to wreck your day, that is between you and the employee. It has nothing to do with the Hold method and discouraging others from attempting it based off of YOUR bad experience is a load. Bad employees are everywhere. I blame the horrible managers that hire them and a lack of proper work ethic in today's world.

Landed KZ3 using the "Pickup at store" with no issues. Box has some shelf wear but contents are all accounted for. Held on Thursday night and picked up this morning. I don't see why anyone is against using the "Pickup" option. If you have a dink of an employee that uses this "alert" to wreck your day, that is between you and the employee. It has nothing to do with the Hold method and discouraging others from attempting it based off of YOUR bad experience is a load. Bad employees are everywhere. I blame the horrible managers that hire them and a lack of proper work ethic in today's world.
^This.

If requesting a hold on Thursday night before store closing never works for u, then u just have bad luck. It's either you have stores that strictly follow conversions or you have shady employees/managers. I have a gamestop near me that does conversions on Thursdays so that they can get CE contents for sure because prices reflect on Friday.

Able to get dead or alice and killzone ces. Thanks again. I just need stick of truth and street fighter to convert.
Are there stores still with SF 25th Anniversary? Wonder what game it would convert to since it has two different retail games in it. Guess they would make 2 caseless games?

Are there stores still with SF 25th Anniversary? Wonder what game it would convert to since it has two different retail games in it. Guess they would make 2 caseless games?
Stores do have it. I mentioned this before some weeks back in the thread.

They don't seem to have been converted yet. My bet is its the Arcade Edition. So when that gets converted go check.

They don't seem to have been converted yet. My bet is its the Arcade Edition. So when that gets converted go check.
Dont feed the troll... He pretends that store locators & online retailers don't exist, so everything is "rare"

If anyone happens to find a Street Fighter x Tekken Fightstick, it's converted and only cost $16. It rang up as used ps3 accessory for me.

Converted games won't show up in the system at all. That's why every time u buy a converted CE, they will have to scan the original UPC instead of their own stickers.
That's why I ask if it was. If it was I'll just go back to the store when I'm in the area and ask for them to physically show me the CE. If not than nothing lost.

That's why I ask if it was. If it was I'll just go back to the store when I'm in the area and ask for them to physically show me the CE. If not than nothing lost.
yea like the post above said if the guy said it showed in the system then it probably not since converted items don't show in system, and they probably don't have it cause you said you didn't actually see it yourself and that the guy told you it was $60 and something right? would it happen to be $64.99 exactly by chance he told you? if it is then yea that the price of the ascension Collector set right now and that gamestop guy evidently cant tell the different between games

Either way, Its not going to take any time for me to go in and ask them to show me it. Just need to know if GoW3 was converted or not. If see the next time I go in. Maybe I'll find one in the future at a different store if this store doesn't have it.

Either way, Its not going to take any time for me to go in and ask them to show me it. Just need to know if GoW3 was converted or not. If see the next time I go in. Maybe I'll find one in the future at a different store if this store doesn't have it.
OP doesn't have the record of it converted, but the regular one back in 2012. If it is really a GoW3 CE, I bet it was converted.

You can just let them scan it and show you the price on the pad thing. If you don't like the price, just don't buy it? :D/

I own the 25th Anniversary box. The games are in one 2-disc case, not separate cases. The disc is indeed SFIV Arcade Edition (not 2012, but can still buy Ultra for it). The SFxT is the standard retail version. Hopefully you still get the DLC code sheet, as it includes a lot of stuff.

Yeah I got one of these from the BB clearance way back when too. Same as you guys, kept the extras and sold the game/codes at the time. The statue head and figure are cool enough.

Fortunately, I have a local GS that had 6 of these stacked in a tower that have been there forever. Put one on hold last night, and got the ready for pick-up email this morning. CSR didn't know about the conversion so he went and got me the nicest looking box. I told him about the conversion, used a $5 off used coupon, then picked up a second copy (didn't wanna El Hoardo all 6 of them). So anyone in SoCal still looking, Santa Fe Springs has 4 left (boxes beat to hell though, as I got the only decent ones) as of 2pm or so today. Just FYI...
Thanks man !!! Me and best friend were able to score one each !!! There's still 1 left !

Real quick im new to this particular thread can someone give me a brief overview of this "conversion" and what I would need to do to score one of these particular deals in the future. I tried reading a couple of pages but didn't see anything to explain the process and how it works basically. Any help is appreciated.

So it once again almost the 1st Friday anyone got any news on any potential conversions for this month yet?
Is that when the new conversions go live every month I'm assuming?

Real quick im new to this particular thread can someone give me a brief overview of this "conversion" and what I would need to do to score one of these particular deals in the future. I tried reading a couple of pages but didn't see anything to explain the process and how it works basically. Any help is appreciated.

Is that when the new conversions go live every month I'm assuming?

The process is fairly simple: Once GameStop has Collector's Editions (or even new games) that aren't selling well or are too old or are just taking up too much space, they convert them to "Used" in their system in-store. Those SKUs will then come up as the used version of the game in their system and will be available at the used price. Usually, the stores will trash (or keep) the extras included in the CEs that are converted but quite a few locations will just sell you the CE/New item at the used price that it rings up as. The conversions happen on Fridays (but not every Friday) and we have GameStop employees here that give us a head's up on the conversions before they happen so we can scout which locations have the CEs before they are converted (because once they are converted, the SKUs are removed from the trackers online).

Hey guys,

No collector's edition conversions on my list.

Wii
Calvin Trucker's Redneck Jamboree
Fishing Resort

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros.

PS3
Playstation All-Stars
Slvr Shld Fear 3 + Orphan Blu Ray
Tiger Woods 13
Tomb Raider GOTY

The process is fairly simple: Once GameStop has Collector's Editions (or even new games) that aren't selling well or are too old or are just taking up too much space, they convert them to "Used" in their system in-store. Those SKUs will then come up as the used version of the game in their system and will be available at the used price. Usually, the stores will trash (or keep) the extras included in the CEs that are converted but quite a few locations will just sell you the CE/New item at the used price that it rings up as. The conversions happen on Fridays (but not every Friday) and we have GameStop employees here that give us a head's up on the conversions before they happen so we can scout which locations have the CEs before they are converted (because once they are converted, the SKUs are removed from the trackers online).
Wow thanks man, really appreciate the information.

So is New Super Mario Bros and PlayStation All-Stars going to ring up as the regular used price or could it potentially ring up at a clearance type price?

Dont feed the troll... He pretends that store locators & online retailers don't exist, so everything is "rare"
No stores in STL have the PS3 SF 25th set and there's only 3 copies of the 360 version in STL; with 2 others if you're willing to drive 20-30 miles across the river.

bread's done
Back