The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
He can do that before you buy it, but not after you buy it.
I know. I'm irritated, but in a way, I'm fine with it. I'm glad I finally beat this guy at his own game. This was the same manager that just two weeks ago was telling one of his workers that he has dibs on all markdown CEs, and to pull and set aside any on the list for him.

The employees normally have to compete with CAGs when it comes to penny guides , pre owned conversions , clearance ,etc. and some employees do things to spite those CAGs.
yeah, until the cag realizes who is the specific employee, buys a $0.99 game and kills the employee in the survey. I haven't done this myself, but there was an issue once for me on a pre-order I wanted canceled (no freebies on the preorder at the time I got it and wanted canceled) and to give me my money but that employee didn't want to cancel it; sent an email to the big boys and then had a nice call from the DM and manager to come get my money. This is the same employee that called me to tell me they didn't have the CE a few months back, but that I would get an email saying it was ready to pick up. What I noticed is usually the ones that do things out of spite are the ones that tend to treat customers badly in normal situations.

I know. I'm irritated, but in a way, I'm fine with it. I'm glad I finally beat this guy at his own game. This was the same manager that just two weeks ago was telling one of his workers that he has dibs on all markdown CEs, and to pull and set aside any on the list for him.
Now you have something on him. Mention that. He shouldn't be doing that. Even some of his employees should be able to take a CE every once in a while.

I got mines, went in and told the employee I had a item on hold, showed him the email and he pulled out a regular copy lol. I'm like nah son, it was the collector edition. Apparently whoever got my hold request left the CE on the shelf with the hold info under the box. Anyways it wasn't factory sealed, the person from last night must of cut it open or it was a return from a while back and they opened it to check contents.  Other than that the box was flawless.  Drove about 9miles for it. I have a confirmed one on hold in Whittier, if a CAG wants it. I'll forward you the email or call up there and cancel when you arrive. 

Thanks for the employees that mentioned the conversation. If anyone of y'all (those who posted the heads up) need that Cheetos DLC for PvZ its yours. Thanks again.

tNbC4kNh.jpg

Why did you pay cash for it? All out of credit? Seems nearly impossible with the coupon bonanza going on right now at Gamestop. I'm rapidly approaching $1000 in Gamestop credit. This will be my first time getting that high.

I know there was a lot of innuendo in that last sentence. Please don't point it out.

Why did you pay cash for it? All out of credit? Seems nearly impossible with the coupon bonanza going on right now at Gamestop. I'm rapidly approaching $1000 in Gamestop credit. This will be my first time getting that high.

I know there was a lot of innuendo in that last sentence. Please don't point it out.
Why'd I pay cash? b/c I had cash on me. And I'm not trading games to Gamestop but to BestBuy since I can convert it to Visa GC's and use it anywhere.

Why'd I pay cash? b/c I had cash on me. And I'm not trading games to Gamestop but to BestBuy since I can convert it to Visa GC's and use it anywhere.
Oh. Now that I think about it, I sort of called you out with that question. Sorry about that. As for me, Gamestop's values are huge, much higher than Best Buy right now. And after Gamestop screwed me over on a regular basis all of last year, and banned me from shopping at all this year, I made sure not to give them a cent and only pay with credit that I get from flips.

I just picked up my GoW CE today.

The employee had actually gutted the CE and explained to me that I had lucky timing due to it being converted to the used price.  He said though that they had to separate it and put it into used inventory.  He offered me to take the statue and box home for free since it wasn't new but I requested to pay for the used steelbook copy anyways.  Obviously would have preferred to have kept it sealed but since he was offering me the extras for free without having to pay for the game, it was still a fair compromise I thought.

Got GoW CE and AC4 LE.  Thanks for the heads up again guys, you rock!

After birthday coupons, PUR, and a $5 off Kongregate coupon I spent about $46 total.  Nice!

Oh. Now that I think about it, I sort of called you out with that question. Sorry about that. As for me, Gamestop's values are huge, much higher than Best Buy right now. And after Gamestop screwed me over on a regular basis all of last year, and banned me from shopping at all this year, I made sure not to give them a cent and only pay with credit that I get from flips.
It really depends on what you're trading. I'm not trading in my own games but games from deals so I can get a WiiU. Thanks to Target I've been trading in $2 - $4 CoD: Ghost. BB and Gamestop had the same price (only after the coupon for Gamestop's 50% promo did it match BB's) but I can convert my BB credit to a Visa GC which makes it much better.

ive been trying to hunt down a LE for black flag, and the only stores have the 360 version.

i went to one store today that i swear had an XBONE copy and the associate was being a total jerk saying they dont have used collectors editions, i said i know that, the conversion happened last night, and i know there was an xbone copy in the store, and she said they never had one.

she looked at me with this look that said "oh i know what youre up to and im not going to let it happen" and started getting argumentative with me.

i just said "fine" and left.  not going to that store anymore. if anything ill have a complaint.

and when i called my friend at the main store i frequent, my friend told me "they never get a conversion list, and wont know what gets converted until it happens"  i called bull on him and told him what i knew, and he said he didnt know what i was talking about.  of course.

i went to one store today that i swear had an XBONE copy and the associate was being a total jerk saying they dont have used collectors editions, i said i know that, the conversion happened last night, and i know there was an xbone copy in the store, and she said they never had one.
Sounds like you pretty much gave away what you were trying to do. Next time just ask to buy the LE and leave it at that. If they did have one and were holding out, there really isn't anything you can do about it. Mentioning that you know it was converted and arguing about it won't get you anywhere.

I'd complain to the dm about that. If he did it before you paid it would be one thing, but after he has no right.

Every store that showed stock of the GOW:A CE Thursday night had them in stock today. I didn't put any hold requests on them. Just thought I'd try my luck . Found all sealed and complete. 1 store actually had 2. The last store had pulled the box down, slapped the pre-owned price tag on it and it was sitting in the cheapo game bin all day along with the Dead Island Riptide: Rigor Mortis CE. 

This is easily the dumbest thing I have read in a while and, surfing the web, that's saying something. Also, your username is in need of a spell check. Happy trolling!
Yet you failed to give a reason as to why you disagree. And before you take the time to judge a username, be sure to inquire of the meaning behind it before you spew ignorance. And do me a favor, never refer to someone a troll who gave logical insight. Especially if you have no idea what they contribute to the boards. But hey, being a prick is easy so go on.

Picked up GoW Ascension CE and Ass Creed 4 BF PS4 CE yesterday.  Both complete.  Not sure what the hell I'm gonna do with the statues but I've got em hah.

Thanks everyone for the conversion updates!!

Yet you failed to give a reason as to why you disagree. And before you take the time to judge a username, be sure to inquire of the meaning behind it before you spew ignorance. And do me a favor, never refer to someone a troll who gave logical insight. Especially if you have no idea what they contribute to the boards. But hey, being a prick is easy so go on.
Your reply was good until that last sentence. After that you sank to his level. :)

You're the one at fault. I gave you good reasons why Gamestop employees don't deserve first crack at the CEs, you type bullshit, someone calls you out on it, and you type more bullshit. Round 3?

The only thing you are entitled to for working at Gamestop is a paycheck. Nothing more, nothing less. I do appreciate when employees of companies act as if they own the company. There was no handbook given to you on orientation day stating that you get first dibs on anything over a customer, that customers who use the website to request a hold on an item is in some way used to "circumvent the rules", or that you can be a douche online from behind a monitor, as if working at Gamestop somehow elevates you above anybody else. And what someone does with the item after legally purchasing it is no ones business but that persons, as it is rightfully theirs. Flip it, smash it out side the doors, or bury it in a box for 50 years, it is owned by them. If you have such negativity toward what goes on here, then maybe you would be better suited somewhere else. Otherwise, leave the corporate mumbo jumbo at the door and enjoy the deals.

Man, there are a lot of self entitled little bitches on this board.

If you happen to nab a converted CE then good on you. But don't go throwing a tantrum because a minimum wage Gamestop employee beat you to the punch. Unless they're malicious about it, who cares?

You're the one at fault. I gave you good reasons why Gamestop employees don't deserve first crack at the CEs, you type bullshit, someone calls you out on it, and you type more bullshit. Round 3?
Can someone please give the good reasons he gave outside the insults to my username and logic? If so thanks in advance. First I'm a store manager who always help the customer secure what they desire, however I am a gamer first. I like stuff like that too. Its not my fault that I get the information before you. You're just upset because it didn't get to your hands first. There are many people who put their jobs at risk daily to help others on the come up but then there's you who has to insult those who choose to accept some fruits of the labor for themselves. I'm sure if where ever you worked gave this concept, you would take advantage.

And I'm not engaging in boxing matches with you over the internet.

For the poster below you who feels the need to continue to bash my job, my responsibilities, my GameStop family, and our ability to read or think for ourselves, you're right about what the handbook did say, but also to the contrary the handbook didn't say that you couldn't. If you want to know the policy about "ce" conversion:

Gut the "ce" at the time of conversion, and destroy and trash the contents. That's what other managers in my district chose to do with the Kratos statue.....

*Edit I'll try once more to drive this point home, if you cannot respect this I'm sorry.

If someone was reported posting the conversion list, they would be FIRED for breach of company policy for leaking internal documents. No one but employees should even know of the conversions. If all employees followed that rule and never posted the list, this thread wouldn't exist. At least appreciate this fact man.

So as a store manager if your employee put a ce on hold like this and customer got a hold confirm you wouldn't give it to them cause they are "circumventing the system"?

If someone was reported posting the conversion list, they would be FIRED for breach of company policy for leaking internal documents. No one but employees should even know of the conversions. If all employees followed that rule and never posted the list, this thread wouldn't exist. At least appreciate this fact man.
I for one thank all the GS employees that participate in this thread, at the threat of losing their job. I haven't benefited much from it until recently (got GoW:A CE and I'm about to look for the Rigor Mortis Edition) and would like to continue to do so, but if all I'm reading is cat fights then BY ALL MEANS MODS LOCK IT DOWN...KILL IT BEOFRE IT BREEDS...

I for one thank all the GS employees that participate in this thread, at the threat of losing their job. I haven't benefited much from it until recently (got GoW:A CE and I'm about to look for the Rigor Mortis Edition) and would like to continue to do so, but if all I'm reading is cat fights then BY ALL MEANS MODS LOCK IT DOWN...KILL IT BEOFRE IT BREEDS...
I price checked the ps3 rigor mortis edition and it rang up $39.99. Is the only converted one xbox 360?

I price checked the ps3 rigor mortis edition and it rang up $39.99. Is the only converted one xbox 360?
That's what I heard, and I know exactly where I can maybe find one.

EDIT: Actually it's still listed on GS.com for :360: as well, I may have heard/read wrong.

That's what I heard, and I know exactly where I can maybe find one.

EDIT: Actually it's still listed on GS.com for :360: as well, I may have heard/read wrong.
360 was definitely converted. One store had it complete with the pre-owned sticker on it.

Only 360 was converted. It doesn't matter if it still has a listing.
True. Listing will still be there, but will have the no stores within 100 miles pop up.

360 was definitely converted. One store had it complete with the pre-owned sticker on it.

True. Listing will still be there, but will have the no stores within 100 miles pop up.
from what i was told, once they do the conversion, the SKU disappears, so your local one COULD still have one, but because its looking for SKU X, and its been changed to be under SKU Y, it wont pop up, best bet is to check your local store(s) or call. though chances are if you call, theyll try and pull the rug from under you and snipe it before you have the chance.

best or luck fellow treasure hunters.

I'm trying to update what I can. I'll try to get a complete list together on Tuesday night. The items were already mentioned GoW:Ascension and AC Black Flag PS4. But there was a bunch of other games too.

Idk why there is so much drama in the thread this time around.

Here is what this needs to boils down to:
1) we non-gs employee cags greatly appreciate the gs cags that show us the conversions before hand. You rock
2) most of us don't mind if the gs employee takes the ce; just make sure to deny the pick up and not say a bs excuse not to give it after that.
3) if it's ready for pickup then is ready for pickup. If you work in gs don't be a sore loser about it. Most of us will give the employee and store great feedback after picking up a ce that is oos which was confirmed for pickup.
4) if the employee says it's not there anymore don't fight them, they got to it first, deal with it. Unless you have a pickup confirmation.

PS: remember the $5 coupon from the game app to bring down the game price even more!

Was it sealed or open like most Gamestop games?
Converted to preowned and as such not sealed. Mine had dlc cards in the game sleeve (behind the counter) when I picked it up and not in the case. YMMV on this since not everyone puts the dlc codes away with the game when they gut / take the game out of the case (in my personal experience). Worth checking out if you are in the area and see one at your GS.

Wouldn't get Halo until the collection comes out. Assuming it also has all the previous doc but either way it'll be better.
For $3.99 after the $5 coupon & PUR, you can't go wrong. It even has a high trade-in value on Amazon, so you'd break even, eventually. But since there isn't a specified playlist for DLC only, your chance of getting DLC maps is pretty rare.

Anyone know if Payday 2: CE is expected to be converted anytime soon?

For $3.99 after the $5 coupon & PUR, you can't go wrong. It even has a high trade-in value on Amazon, so you'd break even, eventually. But since there isn't a specified playlist for DLC only, your chance of getting DLC maps is pretty rare.
It's about the price but also the fact that the Collection is much better (FPS, graphics, comes with 3 other games, etc.). Money spent on this could be used towards the collection.

I already have Halo 4 so no need to get it again until I get the collection.

Halo 4: GOTY has been converted as well. Picked it up for the same price as Halo 4 - $5 for the K coupon.
Oh nice, I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, so might as well pick up the GOTY for the DLC. Hopefully one of my stores still has it - thanks for the heads up. Now if they'll just convert that SF 25th Anniversary Edition!!

Halo 4: GOTY has been converted as well. Picked it up for the same price as Halo 4 - $5 for the K coupon.
Holy cow I don't know how I missed this...I have the game in the SB given to me by a friend but I wouldn't mind having the whole package (I have pretty good luck with things not being gutted). When did it convert?

Holy cow I don't know how I missed this...I have the game in the SB given to me by a friend but I wouldn't mind having the whole package (I have pretty good luck with things not being gutted). When did it convert?
Same time as the GoW: A CE. It was on the same conversion list for that store which the guy gave me a heads up on for GoW: A CE.

Also not in the OP are:

AC IV CE for Xbone

Tron Evolution CE for PS3

Both of which converted at the same time as Halo 4 GOTY, GoW A CE, and ACIV PS4 CE

Last night I dreamt I found a GoW Ascension CE and bought it. I didn't really even want it. I need help. And it wasn't even the strangest dream I had last night.

Last night I dreamt I found a GoW Ascension CE and bought it. I didn't really even want it. I need help. And it wasn't even the strangest dream I had last night.
Those dreams are normal. I almost always have one where I find giant coins. Like a penny that is 6 inches in diameter.

Last night I had a dream I was near a high speed gold mine and some of the gold was falling off of the mine cars, so I was scrambling to pick it up. There was also a Stone Temple Pilots cover band with a girl lead singer that was about as good as you would expect a Stone Temple Pilots cover band to be. At the show there was a sickly cat that I was trying to avoid -so I was at least 15 feet away from it at all times, but it kept trying to get closer to me. When it got close I woke up.

Those dreams are normal. I almost always have one where I find giant coins. Like a penny that is 6 inches in diameter.

Last night I had a dream I was near a high speed gold mine and some of the gold was falling off of the mine cars, so I was scrambling to pick it up. There was also a Stone Temple Pilots cover band with a girl lead singer that was about as good as you would expect a Stone Temple Pilots cover band to be. At the show there was a sickly cat that I was trying to avoid -so I was at least 15 feet away from it at all times, but it kept trying to get closer to me. When it got close I woke up.
Ssssuuuuurrrrreeeee, perfectly normal... :whistle2: :shock:

j/k

Thanks for the heads up on Halo 4GOTY. Been so busy I forgot about the AC and GoW conversions and didn't look. People in the area I just moved to aren't as on top of deals as Atlanta so maybe I'll get lucky...

bread's done
Back