The Official Guild Wars Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
4v4 is fun and its, yes, its very simple to get a party, but you don't get anything for it =\.

As for RZ... I can get a guy to level 6 in about 2 hours =P. Soloing gives you 4x the XP.

Alright fixed my video card , had to replace the fan. Now I started playing and im getting familiar with the game . Name is Necro Manus so hit me up.

20050520l.jpg

When you guys get the chance, go watch the new preview of the new area ArenaNet and NCSoft are gonna be streaming to us in the summer. It's called Sorrow's Furnace and it looks damn cool. This is what makes me love ArenaNet and NCSoft. Other games may have charged a fee for it, and the fact that they're giving it to us and then still having no fees is awesome. Back to killing those damn Stone Summit guys...

Heh, Kayden, how in the hell do you solo? I've tried with 2 different chars now (no henchmen in party of course...) and I always get my ass handed to me. I tried with my Warrior/Ele, and with my Monk/Necro (less ass handing with that one) and the results weren't pretty. What kind of character do you use that can successfully solo?

[quote name='crystalklear64']Heh, Kayden, how in the hell do you solo? I've tried with 2 different chars now (no henchmen in party of course...) and I always get my ass handed to me. I tried with my Warrior/Ele, and with my Monk/Necro (less ass handing with that one) and the results weren't pretty. What kind of character do you use that can successfully solo?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how Kayden solos, but I usually take a monk friend or monk hench and go to some low-lvl 20 place to get EXP.

My ele/mo and war/ran both solod the first 2-3 missions and went everywhere alone in ascalon up to piken.

My ele got healed by casting spells, he had sheilding hands (?) to lower damage and if things got bad, I had healing breeze.

For my warrior, things only hit him for 0-4 so all I had to do was use troll unguent every once in a while.

When I solo with my ranger she has two skills that give her 75% evasion, troll unguent, and two skills that blind AOE. She doesn't die a lot because she doesn't get hit a lot. She typically plays with Mel's monk.

My necro/mes just steals a shitload of life.

As for the axe... the damage is low. I would normally salvage it for the components, but those aren't that good either.

I finally beat the last mission last night and have most of my elites, so I'd really like to start practicing some PvP in the Tombs. If any lvl 20's are up for that tonight, or in the future drop me a line in the game, or over the guild chat.

Alright, I went the Wa/Ra path (4th char. grrrrr) and so far so good. I use the axe which is the most badass thing I've seen yet. Better than the lousy hammer, and cooler looking than the swords. I found a 7-22 axe with my higher lvl guy and stuck a Icy Haft on it (btw I have no clue what that does, converts my damage to cold damage?). I do about 20-60 dmage on the archers and about 15-40 on the armored guys. Heres a sample battle for PvE: Activate "For Great Justice" and run into a group of enemies, use Cyclone Axe to hit em' all gaining a butt-load of adreniline. Use Dismember on a few to get the deep-wound and use Executioner's strike whenever adreniline is high enough with Cyclone Axes as long as my energy holds out. Works really well. Other stuff I use is Penetrating Attack for the heavily armorer, Troll Ungent for healing, Res Signet for parties (duh), and then I have one slot that I haven't used yet (I have the charm animal for now just because its a passive ally that won't take my gold/items).

So my question is.... What skills should I be looking for for the Ranger half of me? I don't want the silly animal, and I don't want bow skills. I'm looking for stuff that would compliment the warrior. So I'm guessing that would be the Wilderness Survival tree.

Thx.

The pets dont take xp, items or gold. If you have the open skill, you may as well bring it.

I agree that a lot of the beast mastery stuff is lame. Wilderness survival is a good set. You can use apply poison on melee, there are also a couple of evade skills that are great for tanking.

hmm a couple nights ago I was just about to leave for a quest, when someone whispers me asking if im from CAG. I forget they're in game name, but it was socheata. kinda wierd. happened in piken square. small world huh?

[quote name='Kayden']The pets dont take xp, items or gold. If you have the open skill, you may as well bring it.

I agree that a lot of the beast mastery stuff is lame. Wilderness survival is a good set. You can use apply poison on melee, there are also a couple of evade skills that are great for tanking.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, that apply poison will work great with the Cyclone axe skill. I was also looking at some of the traps. The Dust or Cripple/Bleeding ones looked sweet. Any experience/tips on using traps?

[quote name='crystalklear64']Sweet, that apply poison will work great with the Cyclone axe skill. I was also looking at some of the traps. The Dust or Cripple/Bleeding ones looked sweet. Any experience/tips on using traps?[/QUOTE]

Don't get hit while using them. =P

When I go to use a trap I use whirling defense. It gives me 18 seconds to doge 75% of the time. ALSO, when I evade a ranged attack, enemies near me take 10 damage. Its awesome where youre near a group of 5-8 ranged mobs. You put on whirling defense and then drop a dust trap. You do 10 damage to all of them everytime they miss you. Your screen gets flooded with 10s and its funny.

Healing spring is also awesome. It heals allies in the area for 54 every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. Its like spamming heal party.

Barbed trap is good, but not great. If you drop it in a melee its funny to watch all the enemies hobble away. I put a trap by the monks so they can run away easier when the warriors trigger it.

Flame trap is meh... if you can get someone dumb enough to sit on it, itll do about 200 damage at max level. 27 each second for 3 seconds and they get set on fire for three seconds. (thats like -6 regen) Dropping this in a melee can really turn the battle because it overwhelms the healers.

Throw dirt is handy. It doesn't have the massive coverage of dust trap, but it casts faster, uses 1/5 the mana and isn't easily interuptable.

Troll unguent- Trigger whirling defense and set off this to get a nice 9 regen for 10 75% uninterupted seconds of healing.

Oath shot- Wont do you much good without a bow, but it will recharge your skills. I believe flurish does the same thing, but only for attack skills.

I've kept 4 warriors busy for 2 minutes before they got fed up. First, start off with a dust trap. When they surround you, they're all blinded. Drop a flame trap and a healing trap. Blind might wear off soon, so hit whirling defense and troll unguent. Use throw dirt to blind them again. Use Oath Shot to reset my skills. Dust trap to blind them again and then if I want to run, barbed trap. Maxed out, cripple and bleeding lasts for 22 seconds.

Just a warning. As a warrior, you'll have less mana, slower regen and you can't get expertise. Dust trap costs 25 mana, flame trap costs 15, healing spring costs 10 and I believe barbed costs 15. My expertise lowers my mana costs by 60% and I run out of mana sometimes. As a warrior I think you're going to be relying more on your thick armor.

I got a chance to play some more of guildwars last night and like it much more with my new character (El/R almost lvl 7 previous character was Ne.)

[quote name='TheUnsane1']I got a chance to play some more of guildwars last night and like it much more with my new character (El/R almost lvl 7 previous character was Ne.)[/QUOTE]

I think Necros are really hard to play as a primary character especially if you don't like to party, they are better suited to basically being support for the party with their curses or other spells. Their minions can't do much latter in the game and their degenerating health doesn't help to maintain a large army.

I think a N/Me could be a very handy support character for PvE. Soul Reaping should keep your energy level decent, Well of Power is very nice for party support as well as some of their other curses, and the Mesmer part of you could help out with some spell interrupts, enchantment removal, backfire, empathy, etc...

If you take a N/MO You can get a decent army going. Blood of the master heals all your minions, but costs some life. Throw on mending or healing breeze and you're good. You can also use heal area between battles.

They are pretty vague... it just says theyre a higher level... Presumably they have more life and do more damage...

Woot. Finally got the blue dyes to make my character suitable for sig placement. This will be my Guild Wars sig I'll actually care enough about to update. Gotta get to lvl 20! :D

My screen shot was taken just before I got my old pink armor... I was too lazy to open the game and take a new shot.

Just a fun little story involving my PvPing today...
With my new axe warrior at level 10, I decided to have another shot at PvP in Ascalon since my previous exploits didn't go so hot (23 losses in a row :( ). My first couple of games I got stuck with a buncha lvl 5-7's and needless to say, we didn't do good. I was doing all of the killing, and doing it well I might add ;) taking out at least 2 on the other team, but they'd just res and kick my ass. SO while I was happy with my character, I wasn't happy with my team. Eventually, I got paired up with a level 9 Elementalist, a level 9 warrior, and a level 6 warrior. At first I was thinking, damn low level is gonna screw us over, but he actually did quite well. One round he actually saved our butts when all but he and a level 10 ranger had died. He killed that level 10 after some time. So it turned out we had a good team, but how good? Well, at first, we were winning just barely, but as we played more we learned to work together, and we had our strategy honed after about 12 consecutive wins. That 12 soon became 20, which soon became 30 , which eventually became 40. At that point we had all leveled and the level 6 had gone up 2 levels. That put us at 11,10,10, and 8. After our 40th win, we all agreed to quit. Damn I gotta say I'm now addicted to PvP in quild wars. All it takes is a taste of victory, and then you just keep coming back for more. I can't wait till I'm good enough to compete in the tombs!

Jesus, I love this game. I've only been PvEing it, but I love it. As a Me/E it was hard at first, because my skills and attack were shit, but once I hit level 8 it has been great. If I get a decent team to support me, I can quickly turn the tide of the battle. I assume there is some sort of cheapass guild, and if you would take me my name is Terra Angelfire.

Okay so how many people do we have ready and able to do the Tomb of Primeval Kings?

I'd like to get together some time and take care of business.

So what do we need to get the guild hall?

I know you are uber at this Kayden, but for those other guild people who don't play as much, this was more of a calling for them to come out of the woodwork and maybe we could get that hall.

hey do u guys think u can give me an invite to the guild wars clan?

my name is Toxic Deathblade ill be on around 5 to night

[quote name='JDMxB']So what do we need to get the guild hall?

I know you are uber at this Kayden, but for those other guild people who don't play as much, this was more of a calling for them to come out of the woodwork and maybe we could get that hall.[/QUOTE]

Lots of gold or a good pvp team, I made a post a few days ago asking people to drop me a line to go PvPing in the Tombs (pretty much have to be level 20 to stand a chance) and got 0 replies...

[quote name='jimbodan']Lots of gold or a good pvp team, I made a post a few days ago asking people to drop me a line to go PvPing in the Tombs (pretty much have to be level 20 to stand a chance) and got 0 replies...[/QUOTE]

I would be interesting, but I have been gone the last week and a half so I am only level 12 :(

Soon I can help you though.

[quote name='greendj27']I would be interesting, but I have been gone the last week and a half so I am only level 12 :(

Soon I can help you though.[/QUOTE]

My secondary character, a monk, is around level 13, so if you need any help drop me a line

Sup

I'll be getting into PvP pretty soon. Wanted to quest abit. Usually do not go for alot of PvP (do enjoy online shooters though). Lord Dogpatch is lvl 17. He's a warrior/mesmer. Not sure if its a good combo or not. Great tank, but still feeling out what mesmer skills could be useful. Have two other characters around lvl 10. A necro/mes and a elem/nec (which I enjoy a good bit). I'll definitely help out with getting a guild hall.

Have a question about a Gold Staff of Defence I got the other day. Let me check the stats and I'll post back here. Wanted to know if it was any good.

Edit:

GOLD Inscribed Staff of Defence
Energy +8
Chaos Dmg 8-14 (req. 5 Domination magic)
Improves skill recharge using Inspiration magic skills (20% chance)
Armor +5

[quote name='YeahRight13']so can i join up with u guys or no?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I sent you an invite just now. For some reason when i tried yesterday it wouldnt let me do it, but it works fine now, so welcome to the guild.

Thanks Mel, I've been taking a bit of a break from GW. I haven't even turned on a console since I got Guild Wars. I finally finished Halo 2 and I want to finish Digital Devil Saga. I may pop on here and again, but I really want to avoid over playing GW and burn out on it totally.

Can someone add me to the clan? My name is Ajisong Hui, and I'm a N/Mo, currently level 18. I'll be away for about 2 weeks, but I hope to play a lot when I return. Thanks!

I think we should somehow co-ordinate a trade system so we can unload our nice finds for other nice finds we can use. Like trading runes (minor for minor most likely) would be useful, as some can really accummulate all sorts of runes they don't really need for a particular character. I don't want it to be a "i need fiery dragon sword, max dmg+uber mods!" type thing, but rather a "i got a 11-21 accursed staff with such and such stats, and im looking for some axe parts/dyes" thing.

Also, as soon as I get to the Hall of Heroes, I'm down for PvP as well (im at Thirsty River right now, lvl 20 W(axe)/N(curses)).

[quote name='Lord Melvin']Yes, and I sent you an invite just now. For some reason when i tried yesterday it wouldnt let me do it, but it works fine now, so welcome to the guild.[/QUOTE]

thanks man

Energy +8
Chaos Dmg 8-14 (req. 5 Domination magic)
Improves skill recharge using Inspiration magic skills (20% chance)
Armor +5

I would like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back