The Official Guild Wars Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Kayden']No really... so that i've noticed...[/QUOTE]

Did you mean not really, cause I'd be very happy?

Yes. I even had two downloads running at 150kbs and my gameplay wasn't affected, although I do have a 4mb connection.

[quote name='Kayden']Yes. I even had two downloads running at 150kbs and my gameplay wasn't affected, although I do have a 4mb connection.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Now I need to order it.

EDIT- Whoops forgot to say thanks, thanks for the info.

Well I just had a good session with Mr. Anderson AKA Samurai Fez. Pretty good took him to Piken. yep. and since schools officially out for me, expect there to be another 0 at the end of hours played in my sig.

[quote name='Lord Melvin']Tonight I'm going to do a lot of elite skill capturing, so if anyone else wants to capture some let me know. Between my 3 chars I need to go to most of the places where there are skills to get, so if theres a specific one someone wants to get, then we could go there first. Im kind of hoping to get all the monk skills unlocked this weekend :D[/QUOTE]

Hit me up when you go, I need a bunch around the Shiverpeaks. Unfortunately the character I need them for isn't to the Ring of Fire yet, so I can't get any of those.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']well I just made a lot of gold. I'm up to almost 5k. yay for me. and I have 3 bows that could probably sell for 20k total. yay.[/QUOTE]

What's a good way to make gold?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']What's a good way to make gold?[/QUOTE]

I just found a bunch of later in the game weapons, sold them to new people, or I bought stuff that people were selling for low and I resold them for high or what they're worth. also later in the game beyond where I am I believe you can "farm" but I'm still a little unclear about what this is exactly.

and crystalklear are you gonna update the OP with the new guild members? becuase we have quite a few more than that.

I have the following for trade/sale what ever

2 Minor Runes of Wilderness
+5 armour staff upgrade
+1 Axe Mastery Hilt
+5 Armour Hilt

Who wants some of this stuff

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I just found a bunch of later in the game weapons, sold them to new people, or I bought stuff that people were selling for low and I resold them for high or what they're worth. also later in the game beyond where I am I believe you can "farm" but I'm still a little unclear about what this is exactly.

and crystalklear are you gonna update the OP with the new guild members? becuase we have quite a few more than that.[/QUOTE]

Uh if you really want me too, I just figured that people would ask for invites in game if they wanted in... I'll work on it.

Well good weekend this week! Made it to the ring of fire and lvled 3 times past 20. Did a little skill capturing with Melvin. Did a little Hall of Heros with random teams. Got my money up to 25k after buying knight armor and makin' a sweet purple chaos axe.
Once I update my sig, ya'll can see my new look. It's bad-a!

I just got post-searing, and finding that the lvl 3 henchmen suck for quest. Anyone have a lower level character that wants to do some of the early quest send me a message. My character (Edaire Molteff) is currently a lvl 8 Ele/Mo.

I just bought the game today. I'll try to figure it out a little before I ask to join. I won't be able to play the game a ton, so maybe I wouldn't even be welcome. Are the people tha play this game laid back? Or is it like every other online game where people take it way too serious?

I'm a bit of both. I'm usually laid back, but if I'm in the mood to get something done I don't want to fuck around and have some stupid ass not listen.

I just started this weekend. So far I've been doing lots of soloing, just wandering, exploring, and doing the pre-searing quests. The interface, for the most part, is really intuitive and easy to learn.
I REALLY like the 'instancing' of the maps. I was traveling around, doing quests, killing baddies, looking for flutes and dead birds; then went into an outpost. *BAM* hundreds of people in this one 20x20 area, my chat window filling up by the second. Obviously that's a necessary part of the game, but I like that it's only intermittent.
And yes, I did see some really annoying-type people on in those outposts; not seeing them all the time makes it easy to ignore. The one time i asked for help, I got it in about four seconds.

How do you manage a party? that is, how do you invite/kick out? Someone invited me yesterday, I 'rejected' it, but his name stayed on my party screen, though it said my party consisted of 1 out of 2 players.

[quote name='dtcarson']I just started this weekend. So far I've been doing lots of soloing, just wandering, exploring, and doing the pre-searing quests. The interface, for the most part, is really intuitive and easy to learn.
I REALLY like the 'instancing' of the maps. I was traveling around, doing quests, killing baddies, looking for flutes and dead birds; then went into an outpost. *BAM* hundreds of people in this one 20x20 area, my chat window filling up by the second. Obviously that's a necessary part of the game, but I like that it's only intermittent.
And yes, I did see some really annoying-type people on in those outposts; not seeing them all the time makes it easy to ignore. The one time i asked for help, I got it in about four seconds.

How do you manage a party? that is, how do you invite/kick out? Someone invited me yesterday, I 'rejected' it, but his name stayed on my party screen, though it said my party consisted of 1 out of 2 players.[/QUOTE]

That may just mean you still had him selected. People can be in your party list for 4 reasons.
1- They're in your party. They have a red life bar.
2-You asked them to join you. They're name is just there, no bar.
3-They asked to join you. These people go in a separate box below the main party box.
4- You have them selected, but not invited. They have a green circle with a + next to them. Only one at a time.

What I have for your gubby mits...

Crippling sword hilt
Sundering hammer haft 6%
bow grip of fortitude 20 life
Icy bow string
Runes
Ele: Minor- fire, air
Mes: Minor- fast cast, Illusion. Major- Inspiration
Nec: Minor- soul reapingx2. Major- Soul reaping

:shock:
wow9vc.jpg

Wow, Rigid Nipples must have been really desperate for a shadow bow. Theyre not worth anywhere near that much.

Anyway, the extra stuff i have right now:
Fiery Hammer Haft, Hammer Grips of Enchanting(11%) Shelter(+4) Fortitude(+23), Axe Grip of Warding(+4), Sword Pommel of Enchanting(10%), Icy Sword Hilt, Sundering Bow String(6%), Bow Grips of Fortitude(+23) Enchanting(11%), Staff Wrappings of Enchanting(11%) Water Magic(12%)
Shadow Shields(16 Ar, str req)
3 Tactics shields with +health while enchanted
15-28 Shocking Half Moon of Warding (+12% vs hexed), 2 other 15-28 half moons
19-35 Zealous Break Hammer of Hammer Mastery (+11% in Stance)
15-21 Dragon Sword
18-33 Mursaat Hammer
Chaos Axes (not max dmg)
+10 energy 11-22 dmg Holy Staff with +10 Health and +4 armor
Minor Runes: Curses, Wilderness Survival, Vigor, Air, Water, Divine Favor, Protection
Major Runes: Protection, Divine Favor, Fast Casting, Strength
and tons of common crafting materials, and some rare
If you need any of it let me know, Im running out of space, and selling it is boring.....

The things im looking for right now are minor smiting and energy storage runes, and max damage chaos axes and mursaat hammers with a + while in stance.

Lord Melvin, I would be interested in the Holy staff. That would almost double my current damage! :) I don't have a lot to trade as I just went post searing yesterday. I do have some crafting items (common) if you need them.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']If anybody gets ahold of enchanted swords, high damage swords, etc., whisper me. I'll pay top dollar.[/QUOTE]

I have a Max Damage Firey Dragon Sword that you can have for free. Only downer is requires lvl 12 Sword Mastry.

[quote name='Kayden']I have a bunch of chaos axes and shadow bows up for grabs too. All near max damage.[/QUOTE]

could I get a chaos axe? and maybe a shadow bow for my other guy? :D

[quote name='Kayden']I have a bunch of chaos axes and shadow bows up for grabs too. All near max damage.[/QUOTE]

A chaos axe would be sweet. :)

Hey fellas, nice run through UW we had a few days ago. Even though we got waxed while that magic eternal bow was sitting right in front of me!!!

Anyway, I see both Kayden and Mel have a minor air rune--i'd like to get one of them (probably mel since he's always on when i'm on). I think I have a minor smiting for ya.

Thanks fellas, hope to see you on soon.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']So what do you guys think of the new rune trader yah?[/QUOTE]

Its nice that its so easy to sell runes, but the rune trader has already messed up the rune prices a lot. You cant get good money for major runes anymore, unless its a vigor or something. Most of the majors you can buy for under 200 at the trader. I dont really mind the low rune prices, but that will make it harder to make money by farming for runes.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']So what do you guys think of the new rune trader yah?[/QUOTE]

Cool, they took my suggestion. :mrgreen:

[quote name='Lord Melvin']Its nice that its so easy to sell runes, but the rune trader has already messed up the rune prices a lot. You cant get good money for major runes anymore, unless its a vigor or something. Most of the majors you can buy for under 200 at the trader. I dont really mind the low rune prices, but that will make it harder to make money by farming for runes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. It would be nice if they set a min. price for selling runes. Something like 200 for minor runes, 500-1k for majors, and 5k for superiors. That way the merchant would never give you less then that for your runes.

I'm trying out a new character that's pretty fun. I'm trying to be a R/N. Basically, for now, I'm focusing on Beast Mastery and Death Magic, so I just run around making tons of minions to do most of my fighting for me. I know eventually I'll have to give up on this once I ascend with her, at which point I'll probably focus more on traps and bow shots, and use some blood magic to heal myself with.

Now I'm considering (since I haven't picked her secondary) making her a Ranger/Warrior. I have some sick ideas on how to make it work awesomely now.

I'd play more, but theres too many stupid people, not enough people in our guild and I just started a new job. =\

This is a very ignorant question I will admit, but I've heard people compare it to Diablo. Can someone who wants to just run around and solo, loot, quest, and occasionally group up and get anything out of this game?

[quote name='howlinmad']This is a very ignorant question I will admit, but I've heard people compare it to Diablo. Can someone who wants to just run around and solo, loot, quest, and occasionally group up and get anything out of this game?[/QUOTE]

yea...

[quote name='howlinmad']This is a very ignorant question I will admit, but I've heard people compare it to Diablo. Can someone who wants to just run around and solo, loot, quest, and occasionally group up and get anything out of this game?[/QUOTE]

I actually solo a lot. You can also bring NPC henchmen with you.

Did anyone get the EBGames deal with the Ithas bow?

"Bonus disc includes:

* EBgames exclusive in-game "Ithas Bow"
* Desktop wallpaper
* 4 tracks from award winning composer Jeremy Soule
* Guild Wars "Preferred Friend" serial code
* Folded Poster
* Prima Mini Quick Start Guide
* and much more!"

From their description:

"Exclusive item: the Ithas bow - All classes in Guild Wars can use a bow as an offensive weapon. When used by a Ranger, the damage of the bow increases with a higher Marksmanship score. As only a Ranger has the Marksmanship attribute, the other classes will not receive this advantage."

I was wondering if this bow is worth the extra $5 it would cost to buy from ebgames? I can get GW for $45 from CC, but at ebgames its $50...

I got the bow, sheild and skull.

I can safely say they all suck. :lol:

They aren't anything special. I got a better bow at level 15. All the reqs on the special items are 10. That means you can't use them until level 10-12, and that's when you put every point into the skill and get items that boost it. Its also really retarded how they talk about the increasing damage. EVERY BOW increases in damage when you raise marksmanship, thats the fucking point of the skill!

The targe and skull are fucking dumb too. They each have 4 mods that require level 10 skills. The warrior gets +2 energy with level 10 axe mastery.... big fucking deal. +2 energy with level 10 hammer mastery... yay! :puke:

So, no, they really aren't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back