The Official Guild Wars Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need it Logg, let me know. I'm Lord Dogpatch ingame. Mostly on in the mornings (est). Seems that every time I do a quest, I end up getting staff drops out the butt. I'll I really need is a good sword. Seem to pick up runes okay (though only 2 minors for my profession).

[quote name='Dogpatch']If you need it Logg, let me know. I'm Lord Dogpatch ingame. Mostly on in the mornings (est). Seems that every time I do a quest, I end up getting staff drops out the butt. I'll I really need is a good sword. Seem to pick up runes okay (though only 2 minors for my profession).[/QUOTE]

Yea lets meet up, I have a pretty good extra sword, purple 13-18 +5 armour you could have.

And a axe rune if you were into that type of thing.

Ho ho ho, I'll take the axe rune please! I got some energy+12 mesmer items (or one +12, and one +10 purple with some bonus on it, I forgot what). I also got a 10-20 (energy+1 when enchanted, i think) cane left i think. Anyway, whisper me (Cengiz Pasha) if you're interested. Or I'll buy it off ya for 300g.

Lets see...i'm on with Kratos Bloodfist and Arcanas Disciple almost daily.

I have a few runes sitting here i'd like to trade, hopefully someone has a minor energy storage for me.

Ranger-- Minor Beast Mastery x2, Minor Expertise
Warrior-- MAJOR absorption, Minor Absorption
Necro-- Minor Curses x2
Monk-- Minor Protection x2, Minor Smiting, Minor Healing.

I do have a pretty nice rare Axe that i'd like to trade, for an equivalent level Sword or Wand (Fire/Air).

Rare Vampiric Battle Axe of Axe Mastery (gold)
6-22 dmg, Req 9 Axe.
Life Steal 2, Health regen -1
Axe Mastery +1 (15%)

[quote name='Logg']Yea lets meet up, I have a pretty good extra sword, purple 13-18 +5 armour you could have.

And a axe rune if you were into that type of thing.[/QUOTE]

No problem Logg. Guess next time I catch you in game. Not alot of people on around the times I play. Picked up a minor axe rune just yesterday.

JDMxB - I think I still have a minor fire rune which is good for elem's. Ended up with two of them. I'll check to see if I still have it. What does the absorption rune do? Might have to look that one up.

Well, after my all weekend Guild Wars binge, I made it to the desert and got to level 19. Just a little longer and I'll be able to help out earning the guild hall.

More PvP fun :D-
I decided to be as annoying as possible in PvP and grabbed the most annoying stuff I could find. Grabed my Barbed Traps, some Throw Dirt, my Pin Down arrows, Swift Chop, Distracting Shot, Apply Poison, Bonetti's Defense, and Disciplined Stance.

Typical match would go like this... start off by getting into a defensive position, high up for arrow bonus, and set 2 barbed traps. As I stand on the first trap, Pin Down the first to approach. As he gets left behind, the next trigger the barbed traps making them bleed and hobble their way towards me. By about that time, I've set a few more in case I need to run. Any casters doing their thing get a distracting shot to the face followed by a swift chop. Eventually, I''ll probably be the only one left if we haven't won yet, so I'll throw dirt in any melee's face and activate one of my stances. As those wear off, I hit my second stance. By then my other stuff has recharged and I'll keep throwing dirt and using stances until I die (which takes a hella long time :D ).

Just fun to be annoying, though we did win a few times when my other team members would actually do stuff!

I think I can hit level 20 by next weekend, I'm off school this friday, not to mention minimum days all this week. I'm expecting my currently level 8 Ranger/Necro to hit at least level 12 by the weekend if I put in 3-4 hours a day.

Awesome to hear you're using traps n stuff Crystal, they really help to protect monks too. I can help at the Tombs now, so yeah...if anyone else wants to try, post here. Or if 8 people contribute 10k, we can buy a sigil (last time i checked they were about 80k) and bypass the PvP part.

[quote name='humidore']Awesome to hear you're using traps n stuff Crystal, they really help to protect monks too. I can help at the Tombs now, so yeah...if anyone else wants to try, post here. Or if 8 people contribute 10k, we can buy a sigil (last time i checked they were about 80k) and bypass the PvP part.[/QUOTE]

The only real reason to get a guild hall is to do more PVPing. If we can't earn it as a whole I don't see how we deserve one.

[quote name='YeahRight13']crystalklear64 hoq did u make that sig and where at i want one of those[/QUOTE]

He probably used a screen shot of his character and Photoshop... Of which, I'm sure he paid the full retail price... :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']He probably used a screen shot of his character and Photoshop... Of which, I'm sure he paid the full retail price... :lol:[/QUOTE]

ohh ok thanks

[quote name='Kayden']He probably used a screen shot of his character and Photoshop... Of which, I'm sure he paid the full retail price... :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well almost right...
I did use a screenshot and I did use Photoshop, but no, I did not pay full retail... but I didn't steal it either! I bought elements through school for $50. Money well spent if you ask me. YeahRight if you want one I'd be more than happy to make one for you if you provide me a screenshot and a description.

25% to lvl 20 :D

is there any way to unjoin a guild you've been recruited into?
I'd like to join the CAG guild-- as the guild I'm in currently has no active members.

I think i can see crystalklears characters nipples. Gross. :puke:

And I want to make a sig like that, what kind of font did you use? and how'd you get it to like glow?

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I think i can see crystalklears characters nipples. Gross. :puke:

And I want to make a sig like that, what kind of font did you use? and how'd you get it to like glow?[/QUOTE]
Wtf? Since when are nipples gross? ;)

Font is Photoshop Small, and for the glow, just double click the layer and apply an outer glow. I use default settings. Just make sure your screen shot is dark enough in one area to be able to read the text.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Wtf? Since when are nipples gross? ;)
[/QUOTE]

Amen. (and no, that's not a challenge to some sickfuck who wants to look for the nastiest nipple pic he can find ;) )

Also, the Guild Hall thing was really just a goal to work towards, I guess. I mean you could extrapolate it further and say, "why do we have a Guild, if only 5 of us are ever usually on at the same time?" or something. I'm sure as time goes on, more people will get PvP-able characters (I dont think I'm quite there yet) and want to be able to have a regular group to play with. We can all attest to the annoyance of random groups. So we'll see I guess...

hey kayden and lord melvin, my friend wants to join, but he doesn't go on CAG, Yeahright13 and I both know him so I was wondering if you could let him join? he's had the game since sunday and already has 2 level 7 guys, so I'd say he's understanding the game pretty well. wel his username is "Its him" thanks guys

and I got a new sig!

[quote name='Moxio']Still on the Guild Wars break. Been about 3 weeks now.[/QUOTE]

You stopped a week before I did.

It can't be coincedence. It feels like now that I'm done (almost) with the game, there's nothing else that appeals to me. :(

NOT NESSECARILY SERVERS, sorry for caps, you just party up in towns and go into a private copy of the world just for you and your party. I have yet ot play with them, as i only have a level 9 and 10 guy.

Get all your quests out of the way pre-searing, gather as much material as you can before you cross over as well, you can store it in post-searing, and selling materials can make you a lot of money early on (I have 20k and am Level 8).

Learn the fastest ways to kill opponents with the skills you have or can have: I.E. In Pre-searing, you can get a mesmer spell called Conjure Phantasm, which is grossly overpowered against mobs, even if you don't want to have a mesmer secondary, you can use this spell to completely obliterate most things pre-searing, just don't accept the mesmer secondary after you kill the bull

Warriors should specialize in axes pre-searing as you deal more damage with the skills you gain. Necromancers should spec Blood Magic, Elementalists should spec Energy Storage and spam Flare. Monks should be fine being gods of pre-searing.

Don't waste your time with the crappy collectible armor in pre-searing, just focus on selling things you get and salvaging materials-- you can buy much better armor as soon as you cross over.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']What the hell is searing?[/QUOTE]

Its basically what happens after you go fight at the wall. It is a main quest that you get in the first city you start the game in.

well I had a very successful session, got level 1, halfway to level 11. I found a couple runes. Got a new bow. Made a lot of gold. great session actually. lasted 4 or 5 hours. and I finished the first 3 missions. yay.

Makes it that no one can be uber just by leveling. You need to find the skills to use and know how to use them well.

Side note:

Trying to see how far I can lvl my ranger without doing the quests in presear. I've only done the ranger quest to get those skills and the one that starts you outside the city. So now I'm lvl 8 hunting Charr on the other side of the wall. Had a elem. help me yesterday, but he didn't stay on long. So started looking for spots where I can get hits in without taking a beating. Good spot for solo ranger is on cliff, overlooking a gate, next to where the Charr bosses are gathered. You can take out a couple groups right there. One of them dropped some purple armor which I had to figure out a way to get to. Went around the bosses to where the bridge is and came around the backside to grab it. Only one group in the way and you can run to what ever good has dropped before dieing. Ended up unlocking a minor necro rune of curses. So a decent spot to level up abit.

I know I'm wasting time with that, but if I do not have enough time to do quests on my main character, I rather do oddball stuff. All the while learning skills and how to use them effectively. Helps with gathering material also. Once I lvl enough killing stuff, I'll go back and do all the quests and each professions secondary quests before accepting one.

Like to see the terror in the eyes of noobs when they see me in the academy. :) My luck it will be against a bunch of vets (with new chars) who work well together and I go down in flames.

[quote name='Dogpatch']Makes it that no one can be uber just by leveling. You need to find the skills to use and know how to use them well.

Side note:

Trying to see how far I can lvl my ranger without doing the quests in presear. I've only done the ranger quest to get those skills and the one that starts you outside the city. So now I'm lvl 8 hunting Charr on the other side of the wall. Had a elem. help me yesterday, but he didn't stay on long. So started looking for spots where I can get hits in without taking a beating. Good spot for solo ranger is on cliff, overlooking a gate, next to where the Charr bosses are gathered. You can take out a couple groups right there. One of them dropped some purple armor which I had to figure out a way to get to. Went around the bosses to where the bridge is and came around the backside to grab it. Only one group in the way and you can run to what ever good has dropped before dieing. Ended up unlocking a minor necro rune of curses. So a decent spot to level up abit.

I know I'm wasting time with that, but if I do not have enough time to do quests on my main character, I rather do oddball stuff. All the while learning skills and how to use them effectively. Helps with gathering material also. Once I lvl enough killing stuff, I'll go back and do all the quests and each professions secondary quests before accepting one.

Like to see the terror in the eyes of noobs when they see me in the academy. :) My luck it will be against a bunch of vets (with new chars) who work well together and I go down in flames.[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty much what I do, I go hunt char when I'm level 7 or so over the wall, and get lots of good drops and (for the time) great weapons and armor as well. After I get 9 or 10, I then proceed to go into the academy and whoop on the newbies who are trying to cross over.

It's a load of fun.

:| I got all the main and sub skills and crossed over at level 3, won the fight, and got the best armor as soon as I crossed over...

Tonight I'm going to do a lot of elite skill capturing, so if anyone else wants to capture some let me know. Between my 3 chars I need to go to most of the places where there are skills to get, so if theres a specific one someone wants to get, then we could go there first. Im kind of hoping to get all the monk skills unlocked this weekend :D

Am I retarded? I just can't figure out "searing" and "pre-searing are." I've only just gotten my second profession, and then I logged off. Can somebody explain this a little better? I'm sorry for being such a noob.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Am I retarded? I just can't figure out "searing" and "pre-searing are." I've only just gotten my second profession, and then I logged off. Can somebody explain this a little better? I'm sorry for being such a noob.[/QUOTE]

when you go to the academy and it asks you if you're sure, you say yes if you're ready and then ascalon gets "seared" meaning when you start the game, it's pre-searing, and after you go to the academy and watch ascalon burn you're in post-searing. it'll make more sense when you go through it yourself.

Pre searing is the part of the game youre at now. After you reach a certain point the distinction will click.

Aho, that makes sense. I didn't realize there was a big enviroment difference or anything. Well, I guess I'm going to finish some more quests and then I'll "sear". Feel free to join. Kayden, do you have Xfire?

I want this game so bad. I asked this once before but noone was able to answer, does this game hog bandwidth? I get free internet through my apartment and will get kicked off if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back