the OFFICIAL Okami thread

I didn't see anyone mention this, but I might've missed it...sometimes I can see these floating, spinning pink things in the sky (there's one way above the waterfall area in the first village)...any idea what they are?

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I didn't see anyone mention this, but I might've missed it...sometimes I can see these floating, spinning pink things in the sky (there's one way above the waterfall area in the first village)...any idea what they are?[/QUOTE]

You will gain the way to access them later in the game. For now, make a mental note of where you see them.

I wish there was some way to speed up the text scroll. That's about my only complaint so far. I'm loving everything else about this game.

[quote name='Fatesealer']You will gain the way to access them later in the game. For now, make a mental note of where you see them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I regret posting that question...I found out literally 5 minutes after I started up again. Oh well, no more questions outta me! :)

[quote name='FurryCurry']Dude wtf. Already? Daaaayum.[/QUOTE]

I'm taking my time with the game. I'm focusing on getting loads of praise since it's such an addicting thing to do.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm taking my time with the game. I'm focusing on getting loads of praise since it's such an addicting thing to do.[/quote]

Yeah me too. I want to end the game with 100% praise from every critter there is.

Curse you, digging games!!! It's like every one needs to do one, and the game sucks ass.

'Hey I lost my glasses in the grass. Let's dig for them...'

ARGH!

So yeah the first act is finished for me. Oh and yeah, the digging games are so hord.

Super Battle On The Coast
Ok you know on the coast line there is a hard digging spot that takes you to a boss battle featuring, I'm guessing, Ringu's (Spider boss) cousin? Ok well I beat him haphazardly and then jumped back in to see a gate. I've gone through the gate 3 times now to battle against the progressively difficult beasts and it's still there? Is it an infinite gate?

Really? I thought his comments were tacky. She was such a sweet girl; no need to talk about her like she was just a pair of tits.

[quote name='VulSuck']Really? I thought his comments were tacky. She was such a sweet girl; no need to talk about her like she was just a pair of tits.[/QUOTE]

um... the game made a point about her tits alot... she dressed provacatively as well as bouncing around alot... what else would you expect?

[quote name='VulSuck']Yeah, I might be alone on this one..[/QUOTE]

:lol: don't worry. I was just saying that the developers were obviously poking fun at the whole tit thing. She did have a great personality too, but what girl with big guzhungas dosn't? ...jk I hope

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: don't worry. I was just saying that the developers were obviously poking fun at the whole tit thing. She did have a great personality too, but what girl with big guzhungas dosn't? ...jk I hope[/quote]
It was funny but why is Ammy so interested in Rao's tits? This game ceases to amaze me. They crammed everything into this game. My only knock now is just the difficulty (but after going through a certain gate I can see that the game could be harder if it wanted to).

[quote name='FurryCurry']It was funny but why is Ammy so interested in Rao's tits? This game ceases to amaze me. They crammed everything into this game. My only knock now is just the difficulty (but after going through a certain gate I can see that the game could be harder if it wanted to).[/QUOTE]

the only thing missing really is the leg humping.

k im at the part where i have to find the 3 extra dogs, i got one of them from the digging game, what the fuck do i have to do with the other 2, it's marked on my map but nothing happens. one location says i have to find someone's daughter, i have to fucking clue where to find her and the other one is asking about how she's going to get water :bomb:

[quote name='AshesofWake']k im at the part where i have to find the 3 extra dogs, i got one of them from the digging game, what the fuck do i have to do with the other 2, it's marked on my map but nothing happens. one location says i have to find someone's daughter, i have to fucking clue where to find her and the other one is asking about how she's going to get water :bomb:[/QUOTE]

just screw around in the newer areas as well as areas the dogs talk about... I doubt that helps though :(

I know I am a little late to the party on this one, but I picked it up on Saturday after reading this thread, and I gotta admit it is an amazing looking game. Really. I just finished the first village and moved into the field where the first dead tree is.

I am really enjoying this game so far. The text scroll speed is my only complaint.
Great buy.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the only thing missing really is the leg humping.[/quote]

But Ammy is a bitch! That's just plain weird.

[quote name='FurryCurry']But Ammy is a bitch! That's just plain weird.[/QUOTE]

I thaught ammy was a bitch in theorey... as in the dog was a guy, but teh god was a woman...?

if this devolves into a sick furry thread, I'm having it locked :lol:

The wolf itself is gender neutral, but it is a manifestation of the goddess Amaterasu

I think that developers mentioned in an interview that they made the wolf gender neutral in the game.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']That's dumb.

Ameratasu is the best female game character![/quote]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Issun is starting to become a mainstay favorite character of mine... good dialog by an "insect".[/quote]

Agreed. I'm at the Cat Tower right now and I swear this game just doesn't want to end lol. Game is huge.

Looking for Inaba and can't seem to find it? Here's where:

I figured it had to be an animal I fed, so I took a pig to him and he said that Inaba was bigger and black and white. So I figured it was something with fur. Outside of Sei-An City, there should be a spot where you fed some rabbits. Look closely. One of them has black ears and is white bodied. Sound familiar? Bite the rabbit and take it to the man on the beach. He will recognize it as Inaba, give you praise and a Stray Bead. And all of this without looking to Gamefaqs. ^_^

[quote name='Fatesealer']Checking in with having beaten Okami. The final dungeon: amazing. The ending is openended but I think I like having it more ambiguous than a Back To The Future-esque 'Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads...' I'm happy with it ending this way.[/QUOTE]

spoiler tags are other forum users freinds, so please use them.

WTF? :wall:

Fatesealer why would you use spoiler tags on insignificant gameplay things, but not when you're talking about the ending?!

and Rolento-- can you remove his quote from your post? that's what got me to read it.

Ok, can someone for my benefit point out what exactly in my rather vague post, I've given any clue as to what the ending IS specifically? I didn't say anything truly damning in it did I? :whistle2:( I ddn't give a word for word rundown... oh God, I'm ruining games again, arent I? I think I'll go sulk in a corner and see if I can obtain VP2 or something...

*grrr*

I'm so dumb...
Ya know Mrs. Flower in Sei-An? Well I couldn't find the last blossom tree until I checked gamefaqs, and low and behold it was the first place that I was going to look when I first met Mrs. Flower. Needless to say I'm about to take on Grande Blockehead with the help of my phone. The 3rd block head was hard enough (i didn't notice the order thing), but this shit, 8 points, oh this game can kiss my ass. Simon this is not! And all this time I could have restored all the blossoms in Sei-An. Ha...

I thought this was funny. From game faqs.
Boomon
Posted 9/27/2006 11:37:24 AM
message detail So THIS is what they had the Buddha Board made for!!!
I'll just use that!!

[quote name='Fatesealer']Ok, can someone for my benefit point out what exactly in my rather vague post, I've given any clue as to what the ending IS specifically? I didn't say anything truly damning in it did I? :whistle2:( I ddn't give a word for word rundown... oh God, I'm ruining games again, arent I? I think I'll go sulk in a corner and see if I can obtain VP2 or something...[/QUOTE]

stop acting like an ass about it-- okay, the last time you "spoiled" something I didn't see much harm, but giving away the nature of an ending is annoying.

no, you didn't spoil the whole game, but it's one of those things to be courteous about, ya know?

[quote name='Apossum']stop acting like an ass about it-- okay, the last time you "spoiled" something I didn't see much harm, but giving away the nature of an ending is annoying.

no, you didn't spoil the whole game, but it's one of those things to be courteous about, ya know?[/QUOTE]

Cardcarrying asshole since 1992 and proud of it! :) I guess I WAS a bit leading to what the ending is... but thanks guys for my new custom title.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Cardcarrying asshole since 1992 and proud of it! :) I guess I WAS a bit leading to what the ending is... but thanks guys for my new custom title.[/QUOTE]

:-({|= :p

yer only 13 or 14? interesting.

[quote name='Roufuss']He would be 16 ;)

Math for the win![/QUOTE]

what? :lol:

92 + 13 = 2005 if his b-day hasn't come yet. 14 if it has in 2006.

I'm 27... thanks for playing... but I say 92 because like they say, high school tends to bring out your real personality and thus, there you go...

[quote name='Fatesealer']I'm 27... thanks for playing... but I say 92 because like they say, high school tends to bring out your real personality and thus, there you go...[/QUOTE]

oh shit, if that's the case....I need to start being meaner and more angry.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Going back to Okami for a minute since that is what this thread is about :p, what is everyone's favorite song?[/QUOTE]

from the OST...
Song Number #593 - Immasu saying "Sugar-tits"

[quote name='Fatesealer']Going back to Okami for a minute since that is what this thread is about :p, what is everyone's favorite song?[/QUOTE]

OST Disc 1
Spirit Extermination
Cursed Hanasaki Valley
Oira (Issun) Theme

OST Disc 2
Mysterious Power

OST Disc 4
Oni Valley
Twin Devils Extermination

I feel there is a song 'missing' form the ST but I may be wrong... it's the little song that plays after you get a Brush Technique and you are to try it out for the first time. The flute music.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']from the OST...
Song Number #593 - Immasu saying "Sugar-tits"[/quote]The first time I have ERRUPTED with laughter from a message board post in a long while!

I think my favorite is the Ryoshima(spelling) coast theme track 21 out of 49 on Disc 3 of the OST

I also like Sachimaru's theme (41 out of 49) on Disc 3 alot

:)

[quote name='2Fast']Quick question: Does this game one of them blue bottom discs? Cause my PS2 doesnt care for them kind.[/QUOTE]

No. It's a silver-bottom disc.

I just started this game today, after buying it at launch.

The game so far is just simply beautiful.

bread's done
Back