The official "OMG Wii IS HERE!!!!" HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY THREAD!

A good thing is.. if you live in an area where there are alot of stores, it makes your chances much greater (obviously) Hopefully most people near me pre-ordered one at EB/GS (theres alot near me)..and alot of people pre-ordered from the TRU near me..and if I'm unable to get a Wii @ midnite from Wal-Mart, hopefully alot of people get them at Midnite. This way, when I go to Target the next morning..people will either have one from Wal-Mart OR are going to go to EB/GS, TRU for their pre-orders (or even BB or CC!)

This is making me SO nervous, but there more I think about it.. I really do think I'll be fine. I know we know the amount all these Targets are getting..but DAMN. I just wish we knew how many ALL the stores were getting AND I wish there was a way to find the demand in each of our region!!

Sure, some Targets are getting like 80-120s. That's a NICE amount. But maybe they did because the demand is that high in specific areas?!

Maybe next gen, there will be a website to figure this all out. Someone start it :p

I just got the Wii preview DVD from Target.

Hmm.

I think I am getting Ultimate Alliance for Wii. I was originally getting it for the 360 (Love achievements...), but this now looks like this can be a very interesting title for the Wii! I need to play as Spiderman now!

Also, Downhill Jam looks pretty nice too. But, like most Tony Hawk games, this will def be cheap come springtime. Maybe summer. Thats going to make the list of "Games I want, but will only get them CAG-Style"

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']It is a safe assumption that most stores will have triple Wiis then they do Ps3s right?[/quote]4 million Wiis worldwide by Dec 31 compared to Sony's (hopeful) 2 million for Japan and North America. Triple might be a bit much, but at least at launch, there should be way more.

[quote name='lilboo']Thats going to make the list of "Games I want, but will only get them CAG-Style"[/quote] hehe, yeah. I've been buying solely DS stuff for so long that I've forgotten that console games actually drop in price often ;) I have a feeling I may commit the ultimate crime to a Nintendo fan and beat Twilight Princess and, *gasp*, sell it, and buy it again when it hits

[quote name='daroga'] I may commit the ultimate crime to a Nintendo fan and beat Twilight Princess and, *gasp*, sell it[/QUOTE]

There will be no mercy ever again in any online games.

[quote name='Strell']There will be no mercy ever again in any online games.[/quote]I am scared.

NOT!

Yes, Wayne's World FTW.

[quote name='daroga']What the...? My world's gone all upside down![/quote]It's the kids these days. They don't know the Wayne's Worlds over the Borats.

Though that's the saddest example I've yet seen.

As far as Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, that's definitely a wait till it gets cheap deal. I've really heard nothing positive about the control scheme, which would be a deal-breaker on a game of that nature.

[quote name='botticus']It's the kids these days. They don't know the Wayne's Worlds over the Borats.

Though that's the saddest example I've yet seen.

As far as Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, that's definitely a wait till it gets cheap deal. I've really heard nothing positive about the control scheme, which would be a deal-breaker on a game of that nature.[/QUOTE]

What ya mean?? Has someone previewed the game already for Wii?

It looks like it could be cool, but if it doesn't work...then I'd rather get the 360 version.

[quote name='lilboo']What ya mean?? Has someone previewed the game already for Wii?

It looks like it could be cool, but if it doesn't work...then I'd rather get the 360 version.[/quote]Almost every game has been previewed ;) ViolentLee's preview on Yahoo (I think) should be out there somewhere.

Do you guys think that EB/GS will have extra Wiimotes to sell to those who didn't pre-order one? I ordered my console from Amazon, but it probably won't ship until the Monday after. My neighbor is picking his up at our local EB, so I was hoping to get a Wiimote there. What do you guys think?

Hard to say... the attach rate at the EB I went to on preorder day was around 3:1. Obviously that's accessories and games, but considering a lot of people don't get a TON of games for every system like CAGs do, wouldn't be surprised if most people had preordered at least one other controller.

Whether they will have two or three times the number of controllers as consoles on launch day is the question.

Didnt want to create another thread , how can you tell how many consoles your Target is going to get?

And what time should I start waiting in line......

Theres a place where Circuit City and Target are next to each other So I thought that maybe if one line is too long....id just go into the other...

I NEED a wii, you don't understand. I NEED a friggen wii, but i havent even reserved one yet >< I'm so lazy to go out and do that, but you still think I can?

[quote name='JokerCard']Didnt want to create another thread , how can you tell how many consoles your Target is going to get?

And what time should I start waiting in line......

Theres a place where Circuit City and Target are next to each other So I thought that maybe if one line is too long....id just go into the other...[/QUOTE]

My Target is getting 81. It opens at 8am (which I'm almost positive that ALL Targets open 8am). Most people are saying 5, 6am. Thats reasonable. I am really nervous and wanting a Wii, so me personally I'll be there around 4.

So anytime between 4-6 would be somewhat reasonable. I can probably be there for around 6...but like I said.. I'm nervous, LOL

My EB Games is openening at 12 PM on sunday, what time should I get there? I have the Wii paid off in full and 2 games, I am just curious half a hour good, I just want to be safe.

Thanks

As long as they're not getting shorted on their shipment (fewer units than preorders), you just need to get there by November 21st.

Hmm.....I checked that area code thingy to find how many wiis and the 2 targets im most likely going to go to has 210 and the other has 120!

Good chance of me getting a wii?

Wow, all this talk of stores getting 120-200 Wiis makes me nervous. My poor little target is only getting 60. Hell I thought that was alot of Wii!

I'm planning on getting in line at 5:30ish with one of my buddies. Hopefully I will be one of the first ones there because I dont think I could handle watching people walking out with Wiis.

so does anyone know how's it gonna go down at Target? like, what time they're gonna hand out the tickets and such?

i think every store (BB, CC, Target, etc.) are doing early 8am launch.

[quote name='topnotch97']so does anyone know how's it gonna go down at Target? like, what time they're gonna hand out the tickets and such?

i think every store (BB, CC, Target, etc.) are doing early 8am launch.[/QUOTE]

Target opens up at 8am normally on Sundays. I don't think they will be opening up before that. I think BB, CC, and TRU all open up at 10am on Sunday?? If so, then you should check with your store and see if they are opening up any earlier.

And guess what? 6 days. (5 days and some hours for the midniters!)

[quote name='lilboo']Target opens up at 8am normally on Sundays. I don't think they will be opening up before that. I think BB, CC, and TRU all open up at 10am on Sunday?? If so, then you should check with your store and see if they are opening up any earlier.

And guess what? 6 days. (5 days and some hours for the midniters!)[/quote]Bah! That means I have a LOT of work to do between now and then. Awesome. Any Lutheran pastors here that want to come and preach for me on the 19th? ;)

I can't friggin wait any longer! COME ON!!!! COME ON!!!!!

If my GS is not doing a midnight release I'll be doing a midnight burglary and take all I want! If only I could get away with it......

I pre-ordered my Wii along with neudog, but I really can't wait to play it and I'll be highly upset if my GS is not doing a midnight release.

[quote name='Poopfacedoo']I read somewhere (Ill find the link) that a target employee will come to greet those waiting in line an hour before 8a.m. and hand out tickets, along with free soda and popcorn as a thank you.

Edit: http://voteforgrant.livejournal.com/10396.html (link of all the info)[/QUOTE]

sweet. popcorn and coke for breakfast!

[quote name='Poopfacedoo']I read somewhere (Ill find the link) that a target employee will come to greet those waiting in line an hour before 8a.m. and hand out tickets, along with free soda and popcorn as a thank you.

Edit: http://voteforgrant.livejournal.com/10396.html (link of all the info)[/quote]Yeah they did the same thing with the 360 launch last November.

[quote name='psunami']Damn I have to play hockey later that morning... Popcorn and soda doesn't sound like a good breakfast for that.[/quote]

Nope. It’s Molson Golden and back bacon for you, my friend. ;)

Mmmmmm... bacon....

Seriously though, how am I going to focus in goal when I have a Wii system sitting in my car.

I'll be thinking about Tennis and Bowling and will be letting in goals left and right. Which isn't much different from a normal outing, but at least I'll have the excuse of thinking of something else.

I was gonna make a separate thread, but there's really not much to write about since I don't have the info from TRU or BB.

This might not be of much help considering there aren't any huge deals, but I wanted to condense the weekly ads just for the Wii launch (specifically the deals they have launch day), if not just for my sake so I can figure out where I'm going to go for what:

TARGET
Holiday Hours (Sundays 8am - 11pm)

Buy any three Wii games and get a $20 gift card

CIRCUIT CITY

Free $10 gift card with purchase of any 2 Wii games
$5 off any Wii Accessory $19.99 and up*

*Wii Component Cables should be available B&M at CC

Also, I seem to recall some store offering something wherein you buy a Wiimote and get a nunchuck for free. Anyone care to fill me in on that? Is that with the purchase of a system only? And which store?

Played some Excite Truck at EB today, which I was hoping playing the demo would ease the excitement, but it only served to fuel it! C'mon, Sunday...!

[quote name='SteveMcQ']
Also, I seem to recall some store offering something wherein you buy a Wiimote and get a nunchuck for free. Anyone care to fill me in on that? Is that with the purchase of a system only? And which store?[/QUOTE]

I believe I heard at Meijer, if you buy the Wii and an extra Wiimote, you get a free nunchuck, but I haven't seen anything that makes it much besides a rumor at this point. There's a thread about it in the midwest forum.

Dang it, no EB/GS within a 10 mile radius (about 9 stores) has a kiosk in yet. I stopped in at EB to see if they had any accesories, etc., today and the Nintendo rep came in asked "Did you get the kiosk yet?" "Nope." "OK, call me when you do." If it had been there, I'd have considered skipping lunch and helping them set it up. ;)

I just can't seem to get that excited. Probably because I'm swamped at the moment and won't be able to play it much for a month or so anyway. :(

Some kid I know said that the Target he works at is only getting 40 wiis. The online loacter estimated 120. 120 does seem a bit much but a hell of a lot more accurate than 40. Should I call BS on this or just go early?

Mmmm popcorn and soda!!(Followed up with going to BK to pick up breakfast with the 3 Xbox games)

I wanna do the Target launch, but I'm most likely going to try Wal-Mart at midnite. Basically by 8am when Target opens, hopefully I'll be playing my Wii for 8 hours :)

This is going to SUCH a long week. It rained hard today and is going to be raining for the most of the week.. which makes things just a bit longer lol ;(

AGAHAGA!!! I just called EB/GS and they are not taking POs for the Wiiimotes, or Nunchucks, or Component cables. They don't even know if they will be getting conponent cables at launch or if they will bge getting more 'motes and 'chucks. I am made because I am buying everything, except for the console at Eb 'cause I got credit there. I don't want to spend anyt real ,oney.

Where / when did 360 accesories start popping up before launch? I'm surprised that at this point all we've seen is the silly stuff at Target adn some EBs. I'd have thought Wiimotes would hit by this time... maybe they're street dated as well and carefully being shipped to keep that in tact?

Ok, i think I figured out my plan......hopefully not too many people are there at 8 so ill go around 7. Since there are supposedly 200 consoles at the target, hopefully ill be one of them....

Ill probably make my father wait in the Circuit City line next door and see which one gets a wii first...

I think I've got mine figured out now too. There is a Walmart 15 minutes from here in a town of 10,000 that is getting 53 systems. I figure if I get there an hour early, I should be in good shape...

If that's no good... I'll have to haul ass to get to the closest Target that is getting 111.

[quote name='pop311']AGAHAGA!!! I just called EB/GS and they are not taking POs for the Wiiimotes, or Nunchucks, or Component cables. They don't even know if they will be getting conponent cables at launch or if they will bge getting more 'motes and 'chucks. I am made because I am buying everything, except for the console at Eb 'cause I got credit there. I don't want to spend anyt real ,oney.[/quote]Not surprising. The Best Buy ad for next week claims minimum 15 consoles per store, minimum 13 remotes per store, minimum 5 nunchuks per store. So less than one extra remote per console, and only one extra nunchuk for every three extra remotes.

bread's done
Back