The official "OMG Wii IS HERE!!!!" HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY THREAD!

[quote name='Chacrana']Can we just update this so it says 2 days left? Cause it'll make it easier to wait.[/quote]It was 53 hours last time I checked, now it's only 48. :shock:

Damn you mindight launchers...

My preorder is 10 AM on sunday...
Although I was third on the preorder list (that means I am guranteed one at launch right unless they only get 2 for some crazy reason which is like a .001 percent chance because they took 16 preorders)?

Any stores selling controllers yet? I got to pick me up one of these and the only stores next to my EB games is a Wal Mart which might be already sold out or still be taking preorders at 8 AM :bomb:

[quote name='evilmax17']Nope, different input.[/QUOTE]

Aww, I'll miss the old output. It's been the same one since SNES 1991.:cry:

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Any stores selling controllers yet? I got to pick me up one of these and the only stores next to my EB games is a Wal Mart which might be already sold out or still be taking preorders at 8 AM :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Keep checking at Walmart. I know mine has the Classic Controllers out already, I'd imagine they'll put the Remotes and Nunchucks out soon.

Also, 46.5 hours until the 19th. :bouncy:

[quote name='lilboo']Ok I just came back from my Wal-Mart SuperCenter and I finally got a DEFINITE answer to what they are doing.

They are handing out vouchers at 7am Saturday morning. (So be in line around 5ish???)

That's basically it. I guess this is YMMV. Last time, they told me they were starting a line at 7am..and you basically had to wait in line all day :whistle2:\

This is exciting. I'm sure I can get 1! I'm going to get there at 5am.[/QUOTE]
I noticed your location - I'm in South Jersey and I was wondering which Wal-Mart you're referring to. If it's the Turnersville one, I might do the 5 AM wait too if it means not having to camp out all day. Woo!

:bomb: beyond stoked, luckily ive had a hellaciously busy week to keep me occupied, and knowing that i have my wii reserved at toys r us puts the ol' heart at ease, i just hope im going to be able to get an extra wiimote, but im not sure what the situation is with stocking at toysrus, i may pop into bb tomorrow to see if they have any out yet, if youre from south jersey area and know if they have any at the moorestown/mt laurel store, id appreciate feedback

[quote name='sam16']I noticed your location - I'm in South Jersey and I was wondering which Wal-Mart you're referring to. If it's the Turnersville one, I might do the 5 AM wait too if it means not having to camp out all day. Woo![/QUOTE]

Yup! Turnersville Wal-Mart--HOLLA!

I just wonder how many people know about this..and how many will show up at 5am..(or earlier?)

2 days. I'll change the title to 48 hours since its 2 days left, and we all live in different time zones..so no need to change it to a specific time zone. A general 48 hours may be good! For me, its actually 42 hours ^_^

holy piss I'm getting very excited now. Just finished a huge paper and now my weekend is free for Wii!

Can't decide what games I want yet! I have a $450 budget-

I know for sure I want Zelda, but Rayman and ExciteTruck look very good as well. Another Wiimote is an option, to play multi when I go home for thanksgiving. Red Steel looks good but the reviews aren't out there yet for it. I'm impressed with Trauma Center after watching the review, too.

AAAHHH Decisions Decisions!

Get Rayman, Monkey Ball, Zelda, Redsteel and Wii. This will be your best vet, seeing as how controllers and nunchucks are vgery scarce right now

[quote name='botticus']It was 53 hours last time I checked, now it's only 48. :shock:[/QUOTE]

And by my rules, there's only a day left. Lying to myself makes things easier...

[quote name='Chacrana']And by my rules, there's only a day left. Lying to myself makes things easier...[/quote]At least it'll be a hell of a lot easier to pass the time at home with my DS now that the weekend is 5 hours away, then it has been the past 4 days at work.

38 hours!

Rayman looks awesome! Why does no one even care about this game?

I'm getting:
Wii
Zelda
Rayman
Red Steel
Extra Controllers if they have it

T minus 36 hours and 14 minutes..... I might pull a Cartman and pop a couple sleeping pills after class today and ride them as long as I can. I wonder if I could sleep for 24 hours straight through...

[quote name='zaxo']T minus 36 hours and 14 minutes..... I might pull a Cartman and pop a couple sleeping pills after class today and ride them as long as I can. I wonder if I could sleep for 24 hours straight through...[/QUOTE]

C'meen.... C'mennnnn

I seriously can't stop thinking about that episode. I am Cartman now. Thankfully, it's not 3 weeks away though.

One question, does anyone know if there is a 1:1 ratio of Zelda's to Wii's. Talked to the electronics manager at the local Wal-Mart, he said they had 20 systems but only 10 Zelda's.

Gonna make calls to every store in the area now and find out what's up with launch.

Starting to get paranoid about obtaining one-- I can't tell if the PS3 hype is going to spill into the Wii or if it's going to overshadow it.

There will not be a 1:1 Zelda to Wii ratio. Not everyone who buys a Wii wil buy Zelda, so there's no point in having that many copies out. Generally it seems to be about half, same with most of the big name titles. Things like Trauma Center are closer to a quarter.

[quote name='Apossum']Gonna make calls to every store in the area now and find out what's up with launch.

Starting to get paranoid about obtaining one-- I can't tell if the PS3 hype is going to spill into the Wii or if it's going to overshadow it.[/quote]Overshadow, though people who missed a PS3 today/last night will at least think about the Wii now.

Retail PS3 hype will only last till tomorrow, once it's pretty clear to even the most ignorant consumer that every store is sold out. Then the Wii will have its turn.

[quote name='Apossum']Gonna make calls to every store in the area now and find out what's up with launch.

Starting to get paranoid about obtaining one-- I can't tell if the PS3 hype is going to spill into the Wii or if it's going to overshadow it.[/QUOTE]

This is my exact fear as well.

I am going to go to Target today and ask if they have any idea what they are doing.

I'm also going to hit up Gamestop and Best Buy to see if anything is on the shelf yet.

Just did some running around today. No stores around here have anything accesory wise. Walmart has a few Wii games, Red Steel, etc.

I did notice something. At Walmart, they took some of the Cubes out from the bottom of the case today. It looks like maybe they're anticipating actually having a product to put down there, which could bode well for scoring one there. Not sure, though.

[quote name='lilboo']Yup! Turnersville Wal-Mart--HOLLA!

I just wonder how many people know about this..and how many will show up at 5am..(or earlier?)

2 days. I'll change the title to 48 hours since its 2 days left, and we all live in different time zones..so no need to change it to a specific time zone. A general 48 hours may be good! For me, its actually 42 hours ^_^[/QUOTE]
Sweet! But one question for you - once you get a voucher at 7 AM, are you required to stay inside the store, or can you go home and relax until 11 PM or whenever and then come back?

I was planning to go to the Deptford Toys R Us for their midnight launch, but this Walmart deal might be better as long as we're not required to be in the store all day long. 35 hours to go!

I'm excited now, but just found out my Metal Slug pre-order from Amazon was delayed. I'd like to do that CC buy two Wii games get $10 GC, but not sure what'd I buy and what'd be available by the time I actually get in there. I'm looking at Madden and maybe Trauma Center or Red Steel.

I just called my Toys R Us and the girl there said she doesn't know when they're launching Wii on Sunday, that it'd probably be when they open the doors at 11AM, but she has no idea.

As much as I love to support Toys R Us, 11AM is a F'ing no-go to the max. I'll call later to get someone who might can give me a conclusive answer...and if it's still 11AM, to-a-Wal-Mart I will go.

Cant wate.... Went to Wal Mart at Lunch and Found on the shelf some Wiimotes and a Nuncucks.. So I bought one of Eatch , the CSR had to overide the can't sell until 11/19.... Oh well know I just have to make sure I get one on Sunday

[quote name='Apossum']
Starting to get paranoid about obtaining one-- I can't tell if the PS3 hype is going to spill into the Wii or if it's going to overshadow it.[/quote]
I know, I'm starting to wonder the same thing. But I've heard almost no hype for the Wii on TV/news, and they are shipping more Wii's than PS3's... It seems like more people were buying them for the sole purpose of eBay, whereas the Wii doesn't have that factor going (which is good for us). I dunno though, I feel like it could go either way at this point.

I stopped in a local Target last night and saw they had put up the case banner for Wii games, and there were empty slots with some tags. Didn't see any Wiimotes or anything. But it just got me even more excited.

[quote name='Chacrana']
I seriously can't stop thinking about that episode. I am Cartman now. Thankfully, it's not 3 weeks away though.[/quote]
It really was a good episode!

I went browsing yesterday just to see what was out. Best Buy had Trauma Center, Sponge Bob, and another game out for sale. No space at all cleared for accessories. Target had almost every launch game except the first party titles out for sale and empty hooks with price tags all set up for the accessories. At Circuit City you wouldn't even know any new consoles were being released. There was no space cleared for any new anything. Guess they're waiting till the last minute.

Best Buy has games + some accessories out, including a bundle box accessory pack that comes with a Wii Hat. Uh huh.

Nothing at Gamestop out yet.

Went to Target and asked about the launch - they are getting 24 systems and there is a sign outside that says "the Wii line starts here for 11/19." No one is there yet, and the clerk told me we could line up at any time between now and then.

I imagine I'll be in line by this time tomrrow.

/can't wait much longer

I tried buying a classic controller today at Circuit City - I had it in hand and I picked it right off of the shelf. They had a bunch of accessories out on the floor. When I got to the register I was told that I couldn't buy it because that was for internet sales only with in-store pick-up. Does that make any sense? I HATE that the wire is on the bottom rather than the top of the controller - the Dreamcast had this too and it was annoying as hell. Oh well.

Well Im the only person left in my area at work, 20 min more. I would leave cept its my first week at this job. Going to hunt for wiimotes, BK 360 games and target launch info when I get out of here. 18 more minutes and its officialy the wiiikend for CST.

If you go online at Target you can check out ceratin games and accessories that might be available at a store where you live...

I checked mine and they all say available which is good news. This must mean they have it but havent put it out yet...

how early should i go to best buy to pick one up. i was thinking about buying 3. 1 for me and 2 for ebay. right now they're going for as much as $600. i missed out on buying a ps3......stupid project. i was going to get some of the profit for my wii., from ebay

[quote name='azn_s14']how early should i go to best buy to pick one up. i was thinking about buying 3. 1 for me and 2 for ebay. right now they're going for as much as $600. i missed out on buying a ps3......stupid project. i was going to get some of the profit for my wii., from ebay[/QUOTE]

that profit may not still be there on launch day. There will be a lot of systems at launch and stores are telling people that they'll be replenished weekly (every store I called today told me that.)

i was worried about that i guess ill just buy 1 for myself ....can't wait to play zelda, gameinformer gave it a 10 (they usually dont score nintendo games to high) and other review have it at 9 or higher

Since my Target and Circuit City are right next to each other Im hoping that the hardcore gamers will all head go for Target and get theirs earlier at 8 am then having to wait til 10 for Circuit City to open.....

This will hopefully give me a chance to get one at Circuit City and get all the deals out of them...

Well I went to Target to get some groceries with my mom, had the cash in my pocket (just went to the bank to officially get it out), went to the Wii section, and boom: they had EVERYTHING I needed except the Wii.

So I changed my plans entirely: no more Toys R Us. Now that I have everything I need (games, accessories, component cable), I'm going to go tomorrow morning to wait at Wal-Mart. Going to call every decent one in my area tonight and see what their procedures will be and go to the most desirable place.

Anyway I'm psyched! All that's left is the Wii. I wanted to shop at Toys R Us because I love to support that company, but eh, I'm planning to buy a DS Lite + like 15 games in January, so I'll do THAT there and make up for this. :)

wii001.jpg

[quote name='moiety']I know, I'm starting to wonder the same thing. But I've heard almost no hype for the Wii on TV/news, and they are shipping more Wii's than PS3's... It seems like more people were buying them for the sole purpose of eBay, whereas the Wii doesn't have that factor going (which is good for us). I dunno though, I feel like it could go either way at this point.[/quote]

I've actually been seeing a lot of Wii coverage. Lots via the Internet, and a good amount in newspapers and television.

I think the only reason why we're currently seeing lots of PS3 stuff is because its the news story of the moment. Its the big ticket right now. I'm sure Saturday through next week, we'll see more as people actually get their hands on it and lines start forming.

Also, I think the fact that people don't want to eBay the console is a good thing. The temptation to play it and have fun is stronger than making an extra $300. That's a real good sign in my opinion.

Anyway, GameStop called to remind me that my system can be picked up upon store opening on Sunday (10 AM Hawaii Standard Time). They also let me know that Red Steel is sold out, and that they have a limited number of remotes/controllers.

They are also expecting to be really busy.

The only news the mainstream outlets care about are ridiculous lines spanning multiple days.

And I just got a call from Reggie telling me my Wii preorder will be available for purchase on Sunday! Actually, it was just Aeris, prefaced by a Reggie intro. Now I just need to call or visit the store tomorrow and make sure they're set for a midnight launch. Otherwise I will be disappointed.

Well, on the small chance anyone is in the same area, I'll be at the Target at College Station, TX within, I imagine, the next 12-24 hours. Depends on if I find a line there soon or not, as they have that sign up.

The second I see people there, I'm gathering my DS + games, a blanket, some heavy clothes, some snacks, and voiding my bowels and bladder. In that order.

bread's done
Back