The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

[quote name='mrx001']They got rid of the friends option on near.That's the only thing I really used.[/QUOTE]

The activity feed thing?
It was moved to the Live Area of the Friends app no?

[quote name='dallow']The activity feed thing?
It was moved to the Live Area of the Friends app no?[/QUOTE]
Nope,it's gone. It was the friend option on near.It took all games from all your friends on your friends list and put them on a list of most popular game being played.

I haven't been using my PSN account as of late, and I am definitely behind on things. This Christmas I'm getting my brothers each their own Vitas. I would like to purchase some games for them to share...but it seems rather complicated. I heard PSN now limits only two systems sharing one account, does this mean that my brothers can share a single account for original PSP games? I also heard that even the retail versions of the games ties to their PSN account, which means buying them a game means they can't share it. Does this mean the only choice they have to 'sharing' a game is actually sharing the vita that the game is locked to? Modern gaming is fucking confusing....I want neo geo pocket back.

I did a little research. It seems that two Vitas can indeed share one account, and can independently download the same game to share (perhaps PSP or Vita games). However, only one person can be logged on at a time (similar to how PS3 sharing worked). The problem arises when PS Vita needs to switch accounts; apparently it forces the user to reformat thus losing the game you downloaded. I understand that Sony got burnt bad by PSP piracy, but this seems way too ridiculous. Is there a way to simplify a way to make a sharable single player account (in order for the two Vitas to share downloadable game without purchasing two), and make separate individual account for online access (without reformatting)?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, out of everyone in this thread with a Vita, how bad is this "dark spot" / mura issue that is making the rounds in the AC3 Liberation Vita Bundle @ Amazon thread in Deal Discussions?

From what people are talking about in there, it ranges from showing the system is defective to barely there at all.

For people that have had a Vita for a while, what's your experiences with it?

[quote name='shrike4242']So, out of everyone in this thread with a Vita, how bad is this "dark spot" / mura issue that is making the rounds in the AC3 Liberation Vita Bundle @ Amazon thread in Deal Discussions?

From what people are talking about in there, it ranges from showing the system is defective to barely there at all.

For people that have had a Vita for a while, what's your experiences with it?[/QUOTE]

I noticed it on netflix in the letterboxing area in a dark room with the lights off but never in game. We'll see how my white one is when it delivers tomorrow.

I really notice the blotches when the screen goes dark while playing in a dark room. The picture is perfect when doing anything else though, so I can overlook it.

[quote name='Tsel']I really notice the blotches when the screen goes dark while playing in a dark room. The picture is perfect when doing anything else though, so I can overlook it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It was an interesting quirk when I noticed it but it's never bugged me. I would care about backlight bleed or dead pixels, but this doesn't really matter to me.

[quote name='shrike4242']So, it sounds like it's much less of an issue than the last few pages of the Amazon AC3 bundle thread make it out to be?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it seems to me they were panicking, but my sample size of Vitas is also 3 or 4, some demo units I played (and in high light environment) and my own single unit. From the picture in that thread, it does seem possible they could be really bad. Hopefully any production influence has been worked out at this point.

[quote name='shrike4242']So, it sounds like it's much less of an issue than the last few pages of the Amazon AC3 bundle thread make it out to be?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, it's not an issue unless you are playing black and white games in the dark. Outside of that, the games look amazing and the dark spots only appear when the screen is black, even then, for my Vita, the spots are small enough that I hardly notice them.

The thing people apparently don't understand is that it only looks bad because people have purposefully taken pictures of this when the screen is black. If someone can tell me where the game is completely black 100% of the time during gameplay, then they may have a case, but otherwise, no.

Is this about the splotches that you see when the screen is extremely dark, which usually covers loading screens? I thought that was supposed to be a normal effect that OLEDs have.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is this about the splotches that you see when the screen is extremely dark, which usually covers loading screens? I thought that was supposed to be a normal effect that OLEDs have.[/QUOTE]

It is, I'm not sure why people are surprised/mad, this has been known since OLED screens were introduced on cell phones. I do not notice it really at all, but its a small price for such a beautiful screen.

So, if I can back up saves from my Vita to the PS+ server, does that mean I could store saves there if I decide to delete a game for space reasons, then re-download the game later and download the game save or access it? Does that make sense?

Basically wondering if I can put a game save for say, Uncharted: Golden Abyss on the cloud and then delete the game file, only to re-download it later and still have access to my save file.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see from reading the firmware guide that you can do this.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/30/whats-new-in-rocketbirds-for-ps-vita/

Some info on what's new with Rocketbirds on Vita:
It’s my pleasure to tell you that Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken is coming to the PS Vita in the first quarter of 2013!

Rocketbirds, our cinematic platform adventure game, has come a long way from its three IGF finalist nominations back in 2010. Since then, we listened to people’s feedback and vastly improved the game for its PS3 release in October 2011. That version had more technical improvements than we could shake a stick at; we made it fast and included stereoscopic 3D, added a new Jet Pack mode, a two-player couch co-op campaign and polished the heck out of it. We received more great feedback, so when it came down to the PS Vita version, we jumped at the opportunity to iterate on the game once more. We added things like new chapters, puzzles and humor; a unique new Hardboiled difficulty setting; improvements to the controls to utilize the PS Vita’s unique features; and improved connectivity for the cooperative campaign.

From the beginning, I’ve really wanted to include these large Orwellian video panels where a boss character would be able to literally talk down at his underlings. For the PS Vita release, we created a couple of huge new chapters from scratch to house these animated panels. I think there’s something funny about such overcompensation. Now that we’ve managed to get them in the game I’m trying to figure out how to install some here at the office.

Inspired by Mega64’s take on “IndieFilms: Rocketbirds”, we took the idea of stabbing a Penguin grunt and incorporated it into a new Hardboiled difficulty setting. In this mode, you’ll be expected to take down the Penguin regime with just a pea shooter and a very large knife.

The game supports the PS Vita’s front touch screen and rear touch panel and you’ll be playing at full native resolution without the ‘jaggies’. Like a proper cinematic platform adventure game, Rocketbirds does away with scrolling to give you big detailed screens. In interviews we jokingly referred to our PS3 game as a “non-scrolling-TILT-er” since the screens tilt a bit as you moved from left to right. For the PS Vita version we turned it up a notch and wired the tilting to the built-in motion sensors. Now you can counter-tilt at will and it looks great.

The final feature we’d like to highlight is improved connectivity for the game’s co-op campaign. To better fit with the portable nature of the game, you’ll be able to easily connect with a friend via online or ad-hoc mode for co-op play. We’ve also added two new playable co-op characters (Sniper Guy and Agent-H), exclusive to the PS Vita.

We’re really looking forward to the release and hope you’ll enjoy this ultimate version of Rocketbirds on PS Vita when it comes out in Q1 2013!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/12/03/youtube-for-ps-vita-update-to-version-2/

The Youtube app for Vita gets a big update today:
Since June, PS Vita owners have enjoyed watching videos via the YouTube app on the device’s brilliant 5” OLED screen, bringing you entertaining, hilarious, and viral videos, plus trailers for the hottest games coming to PS Vita and PS3 on the official PlayStation channel. While PS Vita’s YouTube app launched with a robust set of features, today you can update the app to version 2, bringing several new features that will enhance your viewing experience even further. Here are the highlights:

• Subscriptions and channels: Now you can view and manage your subscriptions (including your subscription to the PlayStation YouTube channel), browse all videos on a specific channel and check out detailed information in the “About this channel” menu option.
  • Improved controls: We’ve added new functions on controls including Next/Previous buttons, a loop video option and the ability to browse videos while another is playing, making it easy to select preferred videos without interrupting playback.
  • Playlist settings: You can now create playlists and add videos to your playlists, including your Favorites or Watch Later lists.
  • Closed captions: Captions help deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers enjoy YouTube videos, and they’re also useful if you forgot your headphones and want to watch videos in a loud (or quiet) setting while on-the-go. Now you can display closed captions when playing videos. Look for the captions icon on the video thumbnail. You can even change the language of captions in the options menu.
  • Continuous playback: In the settings menu, you can now enable continuous playback, so your next video selection will start to play automatically.
  • PS Vita buttons: You now have the option to use the PS Vita buttons to control playback and menus, which can be enabled in the Settings > System menu.
  • Share: Show that you’re tuned in—Tweet, Email or group message your friends the name and URL to the latest video. You can also invite people to check out any channel on YouTube — like the the PlayStation YouTube channel — via group message, so they don’t miss a beat.
  • Improved search: You can now use search filters — sorting by upload date or duration, for example — making it easier than ever to find your favorite videos.

[quote name='tylerh1701']How does the automatic syncing of saves work now that firmware 2.01 is out? I guess I don't understand exactly what that means...[/QUOTE]

There's an option in Settings -> PSN (or whatever the thing with PSN logo is actually labeled) -> Playstation Plus where there's 5 checkboxes for things for the Vita to do for PS+ users. Sync trophies, upload saves, etc. So far (for me at least), having the upload saves box checked hasn't done anything, my saves don't copy automatically every night like they do on the PS3. I was hoping that this would fix it, but I haven't had a chance to check today.

[quote name='handsomepete']There's an option in Settings -> PSN (or whatever the thing with PSN logo is actually labeled) -> Playstation Plus where there's 5 checkboxes for things for the Vita to do for PS+ users. Sync trophies, upload saves, etc. So far (for me at least), having the upload saves box checked hasn't done anything, my saves don't copy automatically every night like they do on the PS3. I was hoping that this would fix it, but I haven't had a chance to check today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I thought automatic save syncing would be similar to, when I'm starting a new game for the first time, I'm asked if I want to make a copy of my saves in the cloud. But I guess that's not what it is, and if I want any of my saves uploaded to the cloud, I'll have to go through the content manager.

Saving syncing is still really cool though, if it does in fact work now.

i didn't have any indication this morning that my saves uploaded and I played some MGS2 last night and had some other saves I hadn't uploaded yet.

I turned auto-upload saves off and back on again and reset the system, hopefully it'll work tonight.

How exactly do you transfer data from one Vita memory card to another? Just copy the entire contents to a PC and back over to the new card?

Use content manager on a PC or PS3 to perform a backup. Then use the restore option on the new card.

Will take a long time.

In typical fashion new firmware does more harm than good. Barely any of the ps+ games work now. Wipeout goes to a black screen and gravity rush keeps getting error c12828. Sony needs to stop going to the same programming school Bethesda goes to.:roll:

How do you like the pspvita so far?

Has there been any glitches are pspvita breaking?

I just got one need get a screen protector before I play any games.

Is Hori still good choice as far as screen protectors or should I get different brand?

[quote name='meerkatgamer']How do you like the pspvita so far?

Has there been any glitches are pspvita breaking?

I just got one need get a screen protector before I play any games.

Is Hori still good choice as far as screen protectors or should I get different brand?[/QUOTE]

I like the hori. I missed that they had tape to keep the protector in place while pulling off the cover on the sticky, but it still went smoothly.
I have only had a short time with the system, but like it so far, running smoothly.

If anyone made Skyrim or a game like Skyrim for the Vita, then I'd buy the Vita in a heartbeat. Are there any WRPGs in the works for the Vita?

[quote name='RCS0926']If anyone made Skyrim or a game like Skyrim for the Vita, then I'd buy the Vita in a heartbeat. Are there any WRPGs in the works for the Vita?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, imagine a Borderlands game for the vita. :drool:

Fallout 3
Mass Effect
Skyrim
Borderlands
Dishonored
Dead Rising

All the major franchises would be a perfect compliment on the PS Vita, especially a new Fallout game :D

Fallout 3
Mass Effect
Skyrim
Borderlands
Dishonored
Dead Rising

All the major franchises would be a perfect compliment on the PS Vita, especially a new Fallout game :D

I really think the size limitation on the game cards is scaring developers from making large games for it..

4gb limit? I dont think a skyrim type game would fit...

The Vita just got another minor firmware update, 2.02.

New in 2.02

• System software stability during use of some features has been improved.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']I really think the size limitation on the game cards is scaring developers from making large games for it..

4gb limit? I dont think a skyrim type game would fit...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if the right game and developer came along and asked Sony to lift said limit, they would. I mean, Sony would be foolish to turn down say GTA V (don't get any ideas, it's just an example) even if it clocked in at something like 6 or 7 GB. I'm positive Sony can create a PS Vita cartridge that can hold that much space.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']I really think the size limitation on the game cards is scaring developers from making large games for it..

4gb limit? I dont think a skyrim type game would fit...[/QUOTE]

Unless Bethesda ported over Elder Scrolls Travels Shadow Key.Best game on the Ngage.

[quote name='Roll']Has anyone found any deals on a 32GB memory card? Like maybe around $70? This 4GB one is useless![/QUOTE]

I believe it is $70 @ BB, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='slowdive21']I believe it is $70 @ BB, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Nope it's $80. It's seems the Vita Memory cards are on a worldwide sale for 20% off.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ning-with-wake-up-club-for-ps-vita-next-week/

Wake Up Club is out next week:

Let’s face it: getting up in the morning isn’t something we usually look forward to, but Wake-up Club adds some social fun into the mix to make getting out of bed more bearable. In addition to adding alarm clock functionality to PS Vita for the first time, including the ability to personalize your alarm tone and background theme, Wake-up Club matches 12 randomly selected players who set their alarm clock at the same time into a—you guessed it—wake-up club!

8367620105_6db06af575_z.jpg

As soon as your alarm goes off, your avatar will begin bouncing around the PS Vita touchscreen. Tapping your avatar lets other players know you’re now awake. Once in the virtual club room, you can see other players’ avatars, as well as who’s awake and who’s still sleeping. Tapping the sleeping players’ avatars will “cheer” them on. If you happen to keep snoozing though, you’ll notice that the rest of the Wake-up Club players will begin appearing on your screen. Swipe them away and tap your avatar to join the rest of the group. Additionally, you can send friend requests and find out more information about each player by tapping their avatar. Make sure to check out your club records to see how many times you’ve managed to wake up within five minutes, how many consecutive successes you’ve managed, and the average time it takes you to wake up.

8367620103_c1caf68345_z.jpg

8367620097_26966aac7a_z.jpg

To get set up with Wake-up Club, access your PS Vita system’s Settings menu, choose Date & Time, then Date & Time Settings. Ensure that Set Automatically is ticked. Then you’re good to go! Be sure to check out Wake-up Club when it launches on the PS Vita PlayStation Store next Tuesday, January 15th. Happy snoozing!

Well, sleeping *is* about the most goddamned fun I can imagine having with this disaster of a system any longer.

I can't believe I fucking bought one of these.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't know what your problem is. I use mine all the time.

Anyway, Wake Up club looks cool.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, since ps+, I play everyday.

I have ran into a Pinkie Problem, just got my PS Vita and I am trying to connect my PSN to it but the previous owners psn is still tied to the system does anypony know how I can unlink him or something? Thanks for the help CAGS. Never mind! Figured it out haha time to find a memory card that isn't too much bits.

bread's done
Back