The Official PlayStation Vita Thread - 11/4: FW 3.00 Coming Just in Time for the PS4 Launch!

The Show cloud saving sounds really cool. I'm only a little disappointed I can't pay like $80 and get both games together at release. :lol:

Yeah, I'm thinking they should offer more PS3/Vita game bundles to encourage this cross-platform play, because the alternative is that you have to buy the same game twice in order to benefit from this feature. And at the current prices of PS3 and Vita games, that ain't gonna happen very often.

It would be pretty easy for them to throw in a PSN code for a free Vita version (or a major discount on it) with the PS3 version and it would also drive up sales of the high-margin storage cards. And they could probably figure out some way to tie it to your PSN account so you can't resell the Vita code if you don't have a Vita.

Going forward Sony is allowing Best Buys to have Vita's for demos. I had to ask an associate for the Vita and he brought one out pre loaded w/ Little Deviants. Pre order at kiosk b/no deals.

They're clearly worried about this thing selling at launch and are offering deals and exposure to drive sales. It's a shame because I think it's a great device and can't wait to get mine and go on a mobile adventure with Drake.

Say what you will about those SFxT sony exclusives, it got me on the bandwagon. Bad box art megaman looks like an older out of shape actor who missed his chance at a good life. Hell yeah I want to play him in a fighting game, sign me up.

I was looking through the kiosk when I was working today at best buy and seen that all the digital games for the Vita was 10% off.

Got to check it out today at one of the social clubs and damn the thing is big. Put it on top of my kindle keyboard and it's just as long. I was pretty impressed with little deviants. Wipeout is wipeout but with better graphics.

I'm really interested in the Vita (call me when it's $199 or less), but is it too early to call the 3G model DOA?

I mean, sure, it'll be released, but is anyone interested in the 3G model over the wifi (and if so, why)?

The limitations on what you can do on 3G negate the point of the device being 3G in the first place. Add in the extra up-front cost as well as the continued cost when you activate the service, and it's even less cost-efficient. 250MB? Most of y'all sleep through that kind of data usage.

Add on the 3G only preorder perks, and it's clear they're trying to navigate interest in that version of the device. They should have gone full Nintendo and deliberately underproduced the 3G edition so as to stoke artificial demand for the product.

But it's no big deal. Vita will be fine, and by this time next year, the 3G version won't even be available for purchase except used at Gamestop.

I switched my Pre-order from the wifi version to the 3g because the pre-order bonuses made it a better deal.

For anyone else that has actually played a live unit, did you have any issues with the analog sticks? I went out to the Vita lounge in Miami this afternoon and they were having a Hot Shots Golf Tournament. Played for a little while but each unit that I tried has very, very loose analog sticks. They moved way too fast and too easy.

I was wondering if that was just do to demo unit abuse or if they are really all like that.

HSG does look great though. Will definitely be one of my purchases for the Vita.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']For anyone else that has actually played a live unit, did you have any issues with the analog sticks? I went out to the Vita lounge in Miami this afternoon and they were having a Hot Shots Golf Tournament. Played for a little while but each unit that I tried has very, very loose analog sticks. They moved way too fast and too easy.

I was wondering if that was just do to demo unit abuse or if they are really all like that.

HSG does look great though. Will definitely be one of my purchases for the Vita.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for the joysticks on the Vita, but I've always felt that whenever I touch a new controller (not like off the shelf new, but new design) it almost always feels "off" simply because it's different, and just takes some time to get used to.

I went to Gamestop and finally tried out the PS Vita. I was really impressed with the system and can't wait to get mine.

My store has a unit but only for demonstration purposes. It's protected by a plastic shield mounted on the wall and all it does is play gameplay videos and stuff. Still, the screen looks big and sexy and I noticed no defect on it. Then again I never noticed future Sony portables with defective screens much ever since the release of the PSP 2000 models. Not being able to play it is probably more exciting and preferable for me. I can wait a few more weeks.

[quote name='JG5253']I went to Gamestop and finally tried out the PS Vita. I was really impressed with the system and can't wait to get mine.[/QUOTE]

Count me as one of the hype magnets after having played it in store - really, very impressive. It plays sooooo smooth. I was surprised out of the demos on the unit how many of the games I would actually be interested in playing.

Though I have decided not to get one on launch I do plan to get one sometime later this year. I hope those of you who are becoming first adopters have fun and enjoy your vita consoles. I hope it does well, Let us know how great it is. I'm quite impress and intrigue with the feature that tells you what games are popular in your neighborhood.

[quote name='pjb16']The Show cloud saving sounds really cool. I'm only a little disappointed I can't pay like $80 and get both games together at release. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The Show is the only reason I'm getting a Vita but the more I think about it I'm worried about one thing that I don't think anyone can answer. I plan on getting the wi-fi model and I don't have wi-fi access at my work. I'm hoping that I can transfer saves between the memory card and the cloud without any issues because I will literally need to load the save from the cloud before I leave the house and (hopefully) just save it to the card, then after playing at work save to the card and when I get home move it to the cloud to access on the PS3.

It sounds obnoxious but I'm assuming it will work and not be confined to the cloud only. Anyone stumble across anything about this or think it will be an issue?

[quote name='chriscolbert']The Show is the only reason I'm getting a Vita but the more I think about it I'm worried about one thing that I don't think anyone can answer. I plan on getting the wi-fi model and I don't have wi-fi access at my work. I'm hoping that I can transfer saves between the memory card and the cloud without any issues because I will literally need to load the save from the cloud before I leave the house and (hopefully) just save it to the card, then after playing at work save to the card and when I get home move it to the cloud to access on the PS3.

It sounds obnoxious but I'm assuming it will work and not be confined to the cloud only. Anyone stumble across anything about this or think it will be an issue?[/QUOTE]

I expect it to work as your describing.

[quote name='wrencrest']Do you have to buy a copy of the Show for both PS3 and Vita to play it on both consoles?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Which makes sense I guess, but I really wish they would offer a deal for those wanting both. I wouldn't expect an actual bundle per se, but even a retailer-specific deal would be nice.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yes.

Which makes sense I guess, but I really wish they would offer a deal for those wanting both. I wouldn't expect an actual bundle per se, but even a retailer-specific deal would be nice.[/QUOTE]

send an email to amazon cs. who knows they might listen.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yes.

Which makes sense I guess, but I really wish they would offer a deal for those wanting both. I wouldn't expect an actual bundle per se, but even a retailer-specific deal would be nice.[/QUOTE]

While I'd love to see the game producers provide the bundled games, I think you're right that it is more likely any bundles will be done by the retailers, possibly with the support of the game producers or possibly not. I just don't think there are too many people that are going to buy two copies of the same game just so they can play on the PS3 and their Vita.

I think a lot of people want this convenience and flexibility and are willing to pay a bit extra for it (maybe 30% for PSN versions or possibly 50% for physical versions that can be resold), but not at double the price.

Why would they give you guys a sale/discount to buy both versions? The feature is included SO you will feel the need to purchase both copies. If no one buys both copies, it's not like the feature ceases to exist. The feature is designed to drive sales, not the other way around.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why would they give you guys a sale/discount to buy both versions? The feature is included SO you will feel the need to purchase both copies. If no one buys both copies, it's not like the feature ceases to exist. The feature is designed to drive sales, not the other way around.[/QUOTE]

Because I think:

# of people willing to buy both versions of the game at full price * profit on both full price games

IS LESS THAN

# of people willing to buy a discounted bundle of both games * profit from bundled games

Yes, I agree that the feature is intended to drive sales of both games, but if it requires you to pay full price for both games (which are essentially the same game, just on different devices), I think there aren't very many people willing to do that. Their goal is to make as much money as possible, but this means they have to consider the ADDED value of the second game, which is definitely not the full value of the first copy of the game (at least for most people).

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Because I think:

# of people willing to buy both versions of the game at full price * profit on both full price games

IS LESS THAN

# of people willing to buy a discounted bundle of both games * profit from bundled games

Yes, I agree that the feature is intended to drive sales of both games, but if it requires you to pay full price for both games (which are essentially the same game, just on different devices), I think there aren't very many people willing to do that. Their goal is to make as much money as possible, but this means they have to consider the ADDED value of the second game, which is definitely not the full value of the first copy of the game (at least for most people).[/QUOTE]

You could make that argument for any product.

[quote name='chriscolbert']The Show is the only reason I'm getting a Vita but the more I think about it I'm worried about one thing that I don't think anyone can answer. I plan on getting the wi-fi model and I don't have wi-fi access at my work. I'm hoping that I can transfer saves between the memory card and the cloud without any issues because I will literally need to load the save from the cloud before I leave the house and (hopefully) just save it to the card, then after playing at work save to the card and when I get home move it to the cloud to access on the PS3.

It sounds obnoxious but I'm assuming it will work and not be confined to the cloud only. Anyone stumble across anything about this or think it will be an issue?[/QUOTE]

I listen to the PS Nation Podcast and he has a vita already and he was just in California to go over and test The show. You can transfer with cloud via wifi or 3g or transfer your save file locally as well. I'm hearing that when you buy things from PSN you will get a discount compared to the store bought versions. The only other interesting thing with the cloud save is you can only have 1 file on the cloud so if you are playing franchise and Road to the Show, you can only send 1 file to cloud at a time. So be aware of this but again you can just transfer by connected your vita to your PS3 as well. Also this cloud is a Show cloud not your Playstation Plus cloud.

If you can buy and download PSN games to your VITA do we know yet if we can pay for the PSN game only once but DL and play it on either console? And then of course, transfer game savess back and forth?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why would they give you guys a sale/discount to buy both versions? The feature is included SO you will feel the need to purchase both copies. If no one buys both copies, it's not like the feature ceases to exist. The feature is designed to drive sales, not the other way around.[/QUOTE]

Sell a copy of each with a $10 off coupon for the other edition - that drives sales that, otherwise, would not happen.

If I have to pay $100 for two copies, Sony will make either $40 or $60 at the most, because I'm not paying MSRP for two copies of a virtually identical game.

If I have to pay $90 for two copies, *I* probably still wouldn't, but I suspect that's a much more tempting proposition to some folks.

You know why Gamestop gives you a (10%? 20%?) discount on game guides if purchased at the same time as the game? Because it increases sales. That's not very difficult to understand - these titles do not run Sony into the red if they aren't sold at maximum MSRP.

Consider that this very same option was included in PS3 copies of Portal 2. Except your $60 got you a copy of Portal 2 on *both* PS3 and PC via Steam. Offering a bonus or discount is not an anomalous expectation.

[quote name='wrencrest']If you can buy and download PSN games to your VITA do we know yet if we can pay for the PSN game only once but DL and play it on either console? And then of course, transfer game savess back and forth?[/QUOTE]
It'll be up to the dev/publisher. MotorStorm RC offers both Vita and PS3 versions for just one price, but the Oddworld HD games won't. MS RC and the Oddworld HD games will support cloud saves between versions.

So, I visited a local gamestop today and they had the demo kiosk setup with the Vita. First thing that surprised me was the size of the analog sticks, the dpad and the buttons, they're all really small.

The console seems like it could have handled bigger controls as it's a decent size itself, the L and R buttons were bigger as the whole console is bigger.

I played some Hot Shots Golf and it looked beautiful, seemed to play pretty much the same as PSP Hot Shots (not a bad thing).

One thing I did like was when you pushed the Playstation Button it immediately took you back to the main menu, no "do you want to exit the game" option and no delay at all.

Tried out Wipeout (took quite a while to load the demo level) and was bouncing off the side walls for a little bit until I got the hang of the new analog stick, looked super smooth and fun.

Tried some Little Deviants, one part was like whackamole where little bots would appear in windows and you would either touch the front or back touchpanel depending on which way the bot was facing, fun for kids I would think, depending on whether their hands are big enough to reach around the back. There was another level where you guided a little ufo type thing down some tunnels picking up stars and getting to the end asap. Definately mini game type stuff, not too sure it would be worth the money as a standalone title, but since I'm getting the 1st Ed Bundle, I'll give it a another go in a couple of weeks.

Hot Shots and Wipeout are on my buy list for sure, looking forward to checking out Stardust Delta and Escape Plan.

Vita looks pretty sweet, can't wait to get my paws on one in a couple of weeks.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...tertainments-love-letter-to-electronic-music/

Here's the full soundtrack for Lumines: Electronic Symphony along with some mini-interviews with some of the artists that are in the game:
When we first began work on Lumines Electronic Symphony, we envisioned a game that would take Lumines players through a diverse but unified sampling of electronic music. This would allow us to entertain players and expose them to some amazing music. With that in mind, we gathered together a diverse array of artists who would collectively compose our “electronic symphony.” Below is the full list of artists and songs that will make up the 33-licensed tracks in Lumines Electronic Symphony:

“4 AM” – Kaskade
“Aganju” – Bebel Gilberto
“Always Loved A Film” – Underworld
“Apollo Throwdown” – The Go! Team
“Automatons” – Anything Box
“Autumn Love” – SCSI-9
“Bang Bang Bang” – Mark Ronson & The Business
“Celebrate Our Love” – Howard Jones
“Close (To The Edit)” – Art of Noise
“Disco Infiltrator” – LCD Soundsystem
“Dissolve” – The Chemical Brothers
“Embracing The Future” – B.T.
“Flyin’ Hi” – Faithless
“Good Girl” – Benny Benassi
“Gouryella” – Gouryella
“Hey Boy Hey Girl” – The Chemical Brothers
“Higher State of Consciousness” – Wink
“In My Arms” – Mylo
“Kelly Watch The Stars” – Air
“Moistly” – LFO
“Out Of The Blue” – System F
“Pacific 707” – 808 State
“Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song)” – Safri Duo
“Rocket (Tiesto Remix)” – Goldfrapp
“Sunriser (Publicmind Remix)” – Ken Ishii
“Superstar” – Aeroplane
“The Future of the Future (Stay Gold)” – Deep Dish
“The Sun Rising” – The Beloved
“What’s Your Number” – Ian Pooley
“Windowlicker” – Aphex Twin
“Wolfgang’s 5th Symphony” – Wolfgang Gartner
“Wooden Toy” – Amon Tobin
“Yesterday When I Was Mad (Jam & Spoon Mix)” – Pet Shop Boys

Finally, to end the game on a beautiful note, we enlisted the aid of Orbital’s “Never” to close out the credits of Lumines Electronic Symphony.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/01/hands-on-mortal-kombat-for-ps-vita/

And some more info on Mortal Kombat:
I’ve got good news, and I’ve got good news. First, the good news: Based on my recent hands-on play sessions, Mortal Kombat on PS Vita plays identically to its PS3 counterpart. That means fluid 60 frames-per-second fighting, lush presentation, and every bit of content from the console version. That includes the critically acclaimed Story mode, a full character roster, the Krypt, the works. It’s all here, baby.

I also tried out a series of local (non-internet) Wifi multiplayer matches, and I’m happy to report that the game felt smooth and responsive with no perceptible lag. If you’re skeptical, watch the video above to see local multiplayer — and my hairy, hairy paws — in action. One thing to note is that the PS Vita version supports up to two players in Wifi multiplayer, not four as in the PS3 version.

Now for the good news: The PS Vita version adds an ambitious array of extra content, starting with every piece of DLC ever released on PS3. That means you’ll be able to play as Freddy Krueger, Kenshi, Rain, and Skarlet from day one, and select MK1 and MK2 retro-styled costumes to drape over your male and female ninja characters. The Vita version sweetens the pot with 15 more exclusive costumes, including MK3-styled garb for the ninjas. Not a bad start, but it gets better.

If you read PlayStation.Blog’s exclusive interview with Ed Boon, you’ll know that Netherrealm Studios has prepared an all-new Challenge Tower II mode that’s exclusive to PS Vita. I went hands-on with four of the 150 total new challenges, more than half of which take advantage of PS Vita’s touchscreen and sixaxis motion sensors in novel (and challenging!) ways:

One challenge tasked me with juggling a character using ground-based missile launchers, which I activated by tapping the touchscreen. It felt a bit like hacky sack combined with the old Atari game Missile Command, and it’s a lot of fun.

In another challenge, Raiden’s head inflated every time my opponent landed a blow. To win the match, I had to conquer my attacker while deflating Raiden’s head via the touchscreen. If Raiden’s head grew too big, or I tapped it too much, it popped. Fail!

The tougher challenges will strain your multitasking abilities. In Bloody Mess, I had to frantically wipe blood off the screen to avoid being blinded…not easy when you’re fending off the blade-slinging mutant Baraka.

In another challenge, I had to detonate lethal homing missiles using the touchscreen while dueling the cybernetic assassin Sektor.

Some of the new challenges will focus on the four new characters — Freddy, Kenshi, Rain, and Skarlet — who didn’t factor into the PS3 game’s Challenge Tower due to their release as DLC.

The final game will also include two new bonus modes in the spirit of the Test Your Might minigames. In Test Your Balance, you’re challenged with balancing on a beam and using PS Vita’s sixaxis motion sensor to adjust your balance…while you’re being pelted with body parts. Fail, and you’ll plummet to a gory death (which I won’t spoil here). There will be a second Vita-exclusive minigame as well, but Netherrealms Studios is keeping this under wraps for the
time being.

And yes, there will be new Trophies. What questions do you have about Mortal Kombat for PS Vita? Fire away in the comments and I’ll do my best to serve up answers.
Here's a video of it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6meZNL7Sww

Damn, I've been waiting for the console version of MK to drop in price but I may end up getting it on the Vita before I get it on a console.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...f-detention-ps-vitas-first-rpg-hits-in-april/

Here's some info about Disgaea 3 on Vita:
Hello everyone! Today, I would like to share our brand new trailer for Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for the PlayStation Vita system. Disgaea 3 for the PS Vita will be released in April. We are really excited about Disgaea 3 coming out on the PS Vita over here. Yes, it is a port of the PlayStation 3 version, but it will be equipped with new character stories, new systems, new attack levels, new bosses, and will include all the DLC that was released for the PS3 version, all on one card. So even if you have already played Disgaea 3 on the PS3 system, you’ll have something new to experience with this PS Vita version!

Of course, there will be some PS Vita specific systems integrated into the game, as well. For example, there is a system called “Honor Quotient,” which uses the GPS to track how far you’ve traveled while playing the game. The more you travel, the higher your Honor Quotient will rise (you’ll be able to increase your Honor Quotient by winning battles, increasing your total play time, and by other means as well). With a high Honor Quotient, you will be able to gain more experience points, Mana points, get discounts at item shops, etc. So, don’t forget to take your PS Vita with you wherever you go! Also, with the rear touch panel, you can view the map from any angle. It sometimes gets really crowded and busy on the map, but with this camera angle control, you’ll be able to see your map much easier.

Let’s talk about the new characters for Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention. You’ll be introduced to two new characters, Rutile and Stella. Rutile is half-Nekomata, half-human. She was raised in the Human World, so she doesn’t really know much about the Netherworld. She enters Evil Academy as a transfer student. The other character is Stella, who is the student body president and daughter of the dean of the rival school, Death Institute, Majin Academy. She is a snobby rich girl, but she also loves playing tricks on others. She loves elegance, and believes that everything she does is “elegant.” …We’ll see about that!

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention will be jam-packed with new stuff! Please visit the official website for more information. And, now enjoy the official trailer of Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5khXF92QnXY

[quote name='handsomepete']dammit now I have to get disgaea 3 too?[/QUOTE]
Haha, I have it on PS3 and I'll probably get it on Vita eventually. Bet I play my Vita copy before my ps3 copy though. :cry:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That damn mortal kombat has me more and more tempted to go all in with the Vita...[/QUOTE]

So now I actually watched the Mortal Kombat video (I was on my phone at work earlier) and I'm damn near sold on the entire Vita just for that one fucking game. That looks amazing for a handheld game. I was already in love with Mortal Kombat, being able to play it on a handheld that looks and plays just as good as its console counterpart has me about 95% sold on the Vita.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So now I actually watched the Mortal Kombat video (I was on my phone at work earlier) and I'm damn near sold on the entire Vita just for that one fucking game. That looks amazing for a handheld game. I was already in love with Mortal Kombat, being able to play it on a handheld that looks and plays just as good as its console counterpart has me about 95% sold on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

Come on in - the water's fine (albeit a bit expensive for some people's tastes). I could've sworn that in the destructoid video of MK vita I watched today the player did a fatality as shao khan. Did I imagine this or has shao khan been playable this whole time? If neither, why aren't fans freaking out?

[quote name='handsomepete']Come on in - the water's fine (albeit a bit expensive for some people's tastes). I could've sworn that in the destructoid video of MK vita I watched today the player did a fatality as shao khan. Did I imagine this or has shao khan been playable this whole time? If neither, why aren't fans freaking out?[/QUOTE]

I can afford it just fine, especially with my tax return coming up. My one and only concern is getting burned on a quickie price drop because of the weak sales in Japan and the question mark of the handheld market here in the US (I am a cheapass afterall). This launch lineup is absolutely amazing though. There's literally half a dozen games in the launch alone that I seriously want and wouldn't just "settle on" because there isn't much to choose from. Lumines, Uncharted, Ultimate Marvel v. Capcom, Katamari, Hot Shots Golf, Rayman Origins, and Mortal Kombat at some point as well.

[quote name='handsomepete']dammit now I have to get disgaea 3 too?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pjb16']Haha, I have it on PS3 and I'll probably get it on Vita eventually. Bet I play my Vita copy before my ps3 copy though. :cry:[/QUOTE]
I could have written this post word-for-word. I love my Disgaeas on handhelds; I like to play them while I eat lunch or whatever.

I have, roughly, eleventy-million hours into the first game on DS and the second on PSP, so if anything sells me a Vita, it will be this.

I hate myself right now. I switched my pre-order to the First Edition bundle AND added an 8GB card to the mix. I'm such a douche.

I'm using up all of my leftover Amazon credit to bring the total for the FE bundle, 2 games, and the 8GB card to $250 shipped with arrival on the 15th. Not too shabby!

[quote name='Pck21']I hate myself right now. I switched my pre-order to the First Edition bundle AND added an 8GB card to the mix. I'm such a douche.

I'm using up all of my leftover Amazon credit to bring the total for the FE bundle, 2 games, and the 8GB card to $250 shipped with arrival on the 15th. Not too shabby![/QUOTE]

LMAO :lol:
Given how many times I placed an order for each of the different Vita models only to cancel it after changing my mind, along with placing an order for the 32GB card only to cancel that after placing my order for the latest 3G bundle, I can sympathize with your "doucheiness"

I think this is just a sign that Sony has done a good job of trying to squeeze the maximum number of $ out of each of us by tempting us with various bonuses (early release, 4GB card vs. 8GB card vs. no card, free game vs. "not so free game" vs. no game") that encourage us by buy at the top end of what we can afford. It's annoying as hell, but typical of a first release.

That said, I'm done second guessing myself and have finally settled on the 3G bundle (not FE) without any extras.

As much as I'd like to buy a few games at launch, I probably won't have time to play more than one and I still have plenty of PSN PSP games that I haven't played that should look great on the Vita so I'm trying to wait for the first game discounts (lower price or B2G1 type of deals) that I'm sure will happen with a week or two after launch (like they did with the 3DS).

[quote name='DarkonJohn']LMAO :lol:
Given how many times I placed an order for each of the different Vita models only to cancel it after changing my mind, along with placing an order for the 32GB card only to cancel that after placing my order for the latest 3G bundle, I can sympathize with your "doucheiness"

I think this is just a sign that Sony has done a good job of trying to squeeze the maximum number of $ out of each of us by tempting us with various bonuses (early release, 4GB card vs. 8GB card vs. no card, free game vs. "not so free game" vs. no game") that encourage us by buy at the top end of what we can afford. It's annoying as hell, but typical of a first release.

That said, I'm done second guessing myself and have finally settled on the 3G bundle (not FE) without any extras.

As much as I'd like to buy a few games at launch, I probably won't have time to play more than one and I still have plenty of PSN PSP games that I haven't played that should look great on the Vita so I'm trying to wait for the first game discounts (lower price or B2G1 type of deals) that I'm sure will happen with a week or two after launch (like they did with the 3DS).[/QUOTE]

Haha! I'm glad to have some sympathy around here for a change! :applause::lol:;)

The main reason I started looking at the FE bundle again is because of the extras that came with it. When I pre-ordered my Launch bundle initially, I thought that would be enough. Then I started thinking about cases to protect the thing in my work bag. Then I started watching video reviews, which made me want the Vita at an even earlier time. I started adding up the cost of switching back over, and it made more sense, in my case, to go with the FE bundle as I would be getting more for about the same price.

I figured I could use both the 4GB and the 8GB for multiple games, saves, etc. Plus the FE case seems to be the best one over all. Add Little Deviants to the mix, and it pretty much won me over...yet again. I really can't wait for this thing to arrive!:bouncy:

I'm having issues making a decision, too. $300 for the 3G Bundle is nice, mainly because I want the 8gb card. By the same token, I haven't yet seen a better looking Vita case than the one in the First Edition bundle, so I'm torn. As much as I don't want to overpay for another card to replace the 4gb, the case is a big dealbreaker for me.

Another thing that I'm concerned about is (and I apologize if this has been talked about already), but does Little Deviants come in a full-size case, or is this another of Sony's 'PSP Bundle" set-ups with some kind of cardboard sleeve? As stupid as it sounds, that may make my decision right there. I don't want a full game unless it comes in a full case.

I refuse to pay the $50 extra for the 3G. Right now I'm leaning wifi vita, uncharted, and the starter's accessory bundle, although I wish the card was 8GB.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty excited to get mine, but I wasn't willing to pay more just to get it a week early (and I'm too busy for the one week to make much of a difference).

The 4GB card is worthless to me because I play to buy the 32GB card as soon as I need more storage and 4GB is hardly enough to hold some game saves and one game. I should be able to get by with the 8GB card for a while...hopefully until the price on the 32GB drops a bit. Another factor that is pushing me to get one large card rather than multiple smaller cards is that, unlike the PSP which allowed hot-swapping of the storage card (no reboot required), the Vita requires a reboot when you switch cards. While not a huge deal, I would find that annoying and would much rather have everything on my device w/o swapping cards (which can easily get lost). I just hope there's an easy way to move files from one storage card to another.

While the FE case looked decent, I decided to go with a similar-looking case from Deal Extreme for under $8 since I was also buying some other Vita accessories (screen protector, card storage cases, power adapter and charge/sync cable). However, I also like the this case from PDP, which I might pick up if I don't like the one from DX:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006X0KBY6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Partly I'm a bit cautious after my 3DS experience where I paid $250 and also bought several launch games that ended up being very mediocre, so this time around I'm focusing on the essentials and that's why the 3G bundle was the best balance for me between price, features and early gratification. I don't regret buying my 3DS at launch (especially after getting the free 20 games), but I do wish I hadn't bough many of the 3DS titles I bought at and around launch time.

Regardless of which Vita we purchased, I think all of us that are buying one at launch won't regret it. Unlike the 3DS (where the 3D feature was little more than a gimmick), everything everyone has said after getting their hands on one is that the device is awesome and the games look great. Our only real problem will be paying for more games and storage cards, but with PSN discounts and such, I expect that will work itself out in the coming weeks/months. If people aren't buying the games, they'll have to drop the prices at some point and they'll figure out what price point will make them the most money.

Update: For anyone that is interested, here is the case I picked up from DX for $7.70 (free shipping). Not super-fancy, but I like the flap that protects the Vita's screen from the junk you put in the top half of the case.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/protec...uch-w-carabiner-clip-for-ps-vita-black-113946

Oh yeah, and it comes with a carabiner! LOL

[quote name='Anexanhume']I refuse to pay the $50 extra for the 3G. Right now I'm leaning wifi vita, uncharted, and the starter's accessory bundle, although I wish the card was 8GB.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if you are going to buy a 8GB card anyway, then you are only paying $20 extra for 3G, and you'll probably get $10 of that back when you sell it on the used market in the future.

[quote name='007']Another thing that I'm concerned about is (and I apologize if this has been talked about already), but does Little Deviants come in a full-size case, or is this another of Sony's 'PSP Bundle" set-ups with some kind of cardboard sleeve? As stupid as it sounds, that may make my decision right there. I don't want a full game unless it comes in a full case.[/QUOTE]

If past experience is a guide, I'd say it won't come with a full-size game case. That's based on the fact that both the Star Wars PSP bundle and the MGS Big Boss (camo) PSP bundle had the games come in a cardboard sleeve for the UMD disk with the user guide loose in the box (and no case sleeve if you wanted to buy an empty case).

bread's done
Back