The Official PS3 System Update Thread - 3.10 Available Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='option.iv']I hope they fix the glitches with the Sony BT headsets. Having to restart the mic to get decent volume is annoying.[/quote]Odd, I've never had this happen.

[quote name='smiggity']Still confirming this RR? Im beginning to think that dual login was enabled in 2.60 and R2 is just the first game to use it.

Also this is from one of their Community Leaders on the EU forums

"I'll interpret this for you. Either:

1. I'm being left in the dark

2. FW 2.70 isn't coming tomorrow

We'll announce it here as soon as we get word of its arrival "[/quote]
It was enabled in the dev's FW a while back. This new update will enable the dual login for our PS3s.

Here's a reply on the R2 PS Blog post:
Moosehole | March 25th, 2009 at 3:10 pm
To all you people saying multiple logins are already in LBP, listen:
In LBP you can log in multiple USERS locally on the PS3.
In R2, they are making it so you can log in two PSN ACCOUNTS online at the same time.
That is not even close to the same thing, and it has already been documented that the latter is not currently possible on the PS3. A R2 developer said yesterday the only reason R2 didn’t ship with that feature in the first place is because it required a firmware update from Sony.
So yes, FW 2.70 IS needed for this patch.

James Stevenson replied on March 25, 2009 at 3:31 pm

Right… but the required update from Sony WAS NOT 2.7, and we’ve already had it as we’ve been testing it — as many others in this thread have said.

So the required update for this feature was probably 2.60. R2 launched back in November and I'm not sure when 2.60 was out, but it could be true since they probably wanted to put out one big patch and I don't think a lot of games were really looking to implement the feature.

That said, I still think that a FW update is imminent.

Good god... I've been racking my brain to figure out why I thought logging into multiple accounts was in 2.6... thank you Frisky for figuring it out for me. :lol:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']new 2.70 firmware hits either Wed or Thurs. I can confirm this.[/quote]I'm not trying to be an asshole, but unless you have a source that legit knows this shit ahead of time, stop dropping hints for shit you say is confirmed just because you THINK you put 2 and 2 together. Not only have you broken my heart with the thought of Valkyria Chronicles trophies, but the infamous 2.70 update as well.

[quote name='TimPV3']I'm not trying to be an asshole, but unless you have a source that legit knows this shit ahead of time, stop dropping hints for shit you say is confirmed just because you THINK you put 2 and 2 together. Not only have you broken my heart with the thought of Valkyria Chronicles trophies, but the infamous 2.70 update as well.[/QUOTE]

He's doing something similar in this thread as well:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218725

[quote name='smiggity']We were all let down by the inaccuracies in Joystiq's "reporting". Im using that term loosely here[/quote]

ALL let down? Not me. I was glad to be able to play GTA IV without having to wait forfuckinever for some bullshit to download first.:lol:

[quote name='pete5883']I'm still waiting on MGS1 on PSN.[/quote]

I wish I were right...

From now on I won't state things as facts, but info that people can read as factual ideas that may become something of nothing... :lol:

Note: April 2nd is when 2.70 hits

:lol: now I wait and see if people trust me anymore >_<

I'll dig my grave if I'm wrong.

[quote name='zewone']He's doing something similar in this thread as well:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218725[/quote]

I'm still right in that thread and look forward to the day it releases.

Well Rolento, your 'Valkyria Chronicles to get Trophies' pretty much gave you that. At least in my book
I wish it were true
, but this week is special. I trust no one this week.

[quote name='yukine']I don't get all the impatience for update 2.70, is it supposed to have any worthwhile features?[/quote]
Sony just releases new firmware so Cheapest has more reasons to bitch. ;)

[quote name='KingBroly']Well Rolento, your 'Valkyria Chronicles to get Trophies' pretty much gave you that. At least in my book
I wish it were true
, but this week is special. I trust no one this week.[/quote]

I did state that my source for that news was very flimsy.

:lol: @ myself

there's nothing wrong with being wrong as long as I admit it.

I hope Relento is right... but if you're wrong no big deal to me. I don't understand why people get upset when someone mentions some gossip, or upcoming news... take the news file it under rumor and if its true then give the person (in this case Rolento) his props!

So, I should just keep making shit up and I shouldn't have to hear any feedback on it unless I'm right in which case I should get "props"?!

My source just confirmed that FriskyTanuki and Rolento are actually each other's sources acting under pseudonyms. He also let it slip that there's a high likelihood Cheapest will be complaining about something on or before May 1st.

[quote name='metaly']He also let it slip that there's a high likelihood Cheapest will be complaining about something on or before May 1st.[/quote]

hahaha yes

Joystiq said 2.70 was supposed to come out with the resistance 2 update. But around the webs, I'm seeing alot of talk about mid to late April.

[quote name='mguiddy']Sony just releases new firmware so Cheapest has more reasons to bitch. ;)[/quote]

[quote name='metaly']My source just confirmed that FriskyTanuki and Rolento are actually each other's sources acting under pseudonyms. He also let it slip that there's a high likelihood Cheapest will be complaining about something on or before May 1st.[/quote]

What can I say, I value my gaming time more than staring at the 'now downloading' screen. At least if ya could download it in the background and play a game WHILE waiting, that would satiate me quite nicely. But usually, you get that 'you can't download this in the background' nonsense.

The whole point of a gaming system is to GAME on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Cmon now, I don't think I'm THAT bad, though if there was something universally useful in the fuckin' updates, they might be more worthwhile.

Now, if Rockstar were to actually release a patch to stop all of the phantom boots that I've been getting planted squarely on my ass lately when I'm actually having a good time in GTA IV online, THAT would be totally useful for me.

But another cockamamie update to add trophies to some game=lame shit. No offense to those who actually LIKE trophies, but they're a total waste of time(much like gaming in many respects).[/QUOTE]

You're pretty bad. Take this post as an example.

You took something that had nothing to do with GTA4 and trophies and flipped the script and bitched about them anyways.

[quote name='zewone']You're pretty bad. Take this post as an example.

You took something that had nothing to do with GTA4 and trophies and flipped the script and bitched about them anyways.[/quote]

What's your point? I only came into this thread to see if I gotta wait an hour to play online tonight because of some silly update, only to find people having a chuckle about how much I rant.

I mean, personally, I'd still be on the original FW if Sony would allow me to skip them.

I speak what I'm thinking, sorry if that seems redundant to you, but it's who I am. There is an ignore feature available on here.

I'm just sick of getting ready to go play online, only to have to wait for some garbage to DL.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Cmon now, I don't think I'm THAT bad.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What's your point?
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mykevermin']Someone needs to tell this thread to shut the fuck up.[/quote]
My sources say myke came in here to smoke cigars and to kick ass... and he's all out of cigars.

I have no problem with Firmware updates. I have a huge problem with game updates. The size is so small but they take about an hour to download. Which is bullshit. I'm hoping 2.7 gets rid of the lag of the XMB and PSN.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']My sources tell me I came in too late to join the 'my sources' bandwagon. :([/quote]
My sources tell me that the horse is dead but I'm still swinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back