The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

Damn...Xbox One's had a good running there for a second and has died down since. I've got a bidder on my listing for $650. Never mind, it's at $670.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold a Pokemon X&Y 3DS XL a few days ago for quite a bit over MSRP and got the following message:

Hi , I've received my item , i've only opened the box not the item since I'm planing on returning it back because I released that game stop is selling this for 200 , so sorry for the inconvenience 

I hope you guys are ready for a mouthful because if these don't sell out and a buyer is able to locate one you'll be eating returns for breakfast lunch and dinner----and before you say "I don't accept returns" just remember, there is no way to actually enforce that.

I'm not going to read this entire thread because it genuinely sucks...

but I do have one question...

Why the fuck would you preorder and pick up a shitload of consoles and then be a major douchebag and return them?

Why not put up listings 1-2 weeks before release, judge interest, and cancel preorders if there is none?

Sometimes I wish stores never got away from restocking fees. I'm all for consumers being able to return something penalty free but I don't think retailers should bailout dumb ass flippers.
Look who decided to scalp something after talking shit and referring to us as dumb ass flippers and saying this thread sucks? Lol, looks like you quickly changed side once you saw a dollar sign you little greedy boy you!

Aside from exposing you. Its quite simple. Send money from your paypal account and transfer it to your bank, then with draw the money and ship the item so that if they try to pull that crap, you can just give them the middle finger. I care about my customers but if they ever pulled that shiz with me. Its the middle finger

Aside from exposing you. Its quite simple. Send money from your paypal account and transfer it to your bank, then with draw the money and ship the item so that if they try to pull that crap, you can just give them the middle finger. I care about my customers but if they ever pulled that shiz with me. Its the middle finger
You didn't expose me; I already posted proof that I'm very well versed in eBay. I just got a big laugh at all the weekend warriors that think they're going to "make mad profitz yo" when most on here don't have the first clue about selling on eBay which means they also don't know how to protect themselves.

And what do you think happens when you have a zero balance in your PayPal account and someone opens a dispute? PayPal says "You got us"?

Okay....

Sold a Pokemon X&Y 3DS XL a few days ago for quite a bit over MSRP and got the following message:

Hi , I've received my item , i've only opened the box not the item since I'm planing on returning it back because I released that game stop is selling this for 200 , so sorry for the inconvenience

I hope you guys are ready for a mouthful because if these don't sell out and a buyer is able to locate one you'll be eating returns for breakfast lunch and dinner----and before you say "I don't accept returns" just remember, there is no way to actually enforce that.
Oh no! Flipping! How evil of you!

^ Right but I don't create threads and say "look at me".

I will however go into threads like this and say "Look at you... you're an idiot".

Seriously though; I can't believe how optimistic people are. Have any of you sold anything since the PS3/360 launch? It's a completely different eBay.

^ Right but I don't create threads and say "look at me".

I will however go into threads like this and say "Look at you... you're an idiot".

Seriously though; I can't believe how optimistic people are. Have any of you sold anything since the PS3/360 launch? It's a completely different eBay.
You don't create threads, but you sure as heck post in them and gloat. ;)

Send money from your paypal account and transfer it to your bank, then with draw the money and ship the item so that if they try to pull that crap, you can just give them the middle finger.
Did you also know that if you wind back your clock, it's technically time travel?

You don't create threads, but you sure as heck post in them and gloat. ;)
Gloating is talking about how much money you're going to make and how all of your customers are idiots. No, this is mocking. Mockers make fun of the gloaters.

Anyone think its not looking good for flipping? I am unsure...
The prices does seem to have gone down quite a bit. It shouldn't really matter about flipping since you can still make around $100-$200 profit. That's still quite a lot and it's worth it for those that bought several to resell.

I'm telling you... we live in an era of entitled consumers.

I don't doubt you could easily make a hundred or two on each console. But the more you sell the more likely you're going to get involved with a buyer who either requests a refund because they find one at MSRP or find an eBay listing for significantly less. If you don't refund then they'll just open a SNAD case and come up with a reason and send it back.

Then you're subject to bad feedback and low DSR's and in the past month eBay has purged over 15,000 seller accounts--some of which have had 100% feedback just because they had a few sub standard DSR scores.... and those account holders can NEVER sell on eBay again.

Have fun though.

Good thing I only sell on ebay once every 1-2 years at most.

But what I'm trying to says is (and I'm not speaking about anyone in particular) is a few sellers are bound to pull the "My listing said no returns... I'm not going to accept the console back" with their buyer. And although I don't blame them that's not how eBay works. So even if you're suspecting that the buyer has sellers remorse you're going to end up taking the item back. In theory it would be best to just accept the return and salvage your feedback and DSR scores but seeing how most people are most interested in flipping and making as big a profit as possible I can see them trying to stonewall the buyers. That means they'll open a SNAD dispute and then you'll be forced to take the return.

At that point you'll most definitely get your feedback hit or even worse, your DSR stars. Then when they do the next purge if you have any start less then a 4.8 you'll most likely get swept up and have your privileges revoked. I know it sounds hard but if you check out the discussions boards on eBay there are literally sellers with thousands of positive feedback with a feedback score of 99.8% and higher that were booted just for having one star at a 4.7 or 4.6 and were told they never could sell again.

But what I'm trying to says is (and I'm not speaking about anyone in particular) is a few sellers are bound to pull the "My listing said no returns... I'm not going to accept the console back" with their buyer. And although I don't blame them that's not how eBay works. So even if you're suspecting that the buyer has sellers remorse you're going to end up taking the item back. In theory it would be best to just accept the return and salvage your feedback and DSR scores but seeing how most people are most interested in flipping and making as big a profit as possible I can see them trying to stonewall the buyers. That means they'll open a SNAD dispute and then you'll be forced to take the return.

At that point you'll most definitely get your feedback hit or even worse, your DSR stars. Then when they do the next purge if you have any start less then a 4.8 you'll most likely get swept up and have your privileges revoked. I know it sounds hard but if you check out the discussions boards on eBay there are literally sellers with thousands of positive feedback with a feedback score of 99.8% and higher that were booted just for having one star at a 4.7 or 4.6 and were told they never could sell again.
Make a new account then? Sure, it's a hassle, but it isn't like you can NEVER use eBay again.

Make a new account then? Sure, it's a hassle, but it isn't like you can NEVER use eBay again.

They won't ban you from buying but you won't be able to sell again. Think of all the information they have between your eBay account and PayPal. You have to use PayPal to sell and PayPal has your SS# among other things so unless you have multiple SS# what are you going to do? That and I've read about people who have never used eBay before being blacklisted just because they live at an address where someone else was banned.

This isn't like getting around a Best Buy ban.... it's almost impossible

Judging by History. Previous console sales didn't hit their high profits until the day before release. So the fact that there is any profit this early is a good sign. Everything you see and here is just speculation until launch arrives

For a change I agree with GBAstar regarding his/hers view on dsr ratings and what not. However, if a seller wants a refund im giving them the middle finger and paypal and ebay the middle finger. Its a brand new item being sold, its their problem that decided to pay above msrp and im not allowing their "buyers remorse" to interfere with my dealings. I would gladly take returns if I sent something bad but a ps4 is a brand new item.

For a change I agree with GBAstar regarding his/hers view on dsr ratings and what not. However, if a seller wants a refund im giving them the middle finger and paypal and ebay the middle finger. Its a brand new item being sold, its their problem that decided to pay above msrp and im not allowing their "buyers remorse" to interfere with my dealings. I would gladly take returns if I sent something bad but a ps4 is a brand new item.
i hope you give fake info to ebay and paypal then lol would take two secs for a seller that wants a refund and you don't it to to come after you for fraud.

I recently sold a presale PS4 in an auction, the buyer paid but shortly after I got a message from Paypal disputing and saying the buyer might not have authorized the transaction, a day or 2 later the buyer closes his/her Ebay account. What should I do?

I recently sold a presale PS4 in an auction, the buyer paid but shortly after I got a message from Paypal disputing and saying the buyer might not have authorized the transaction, a day or 2 later the buyer closes his/her Ebay account. What should I do?

Learn your lesson and not take such huge risks when flipping.

You should refund, open a cancellation request (which will allow you to get your fees back in 7 days if the buyer doesn't respond; you would have to manually close the case though after 7 days) and relist.

I have never EVER had a situation where a payment was flagged as possibly being unauthorized turn out to actually be authorized. They have always been fraudulent and I've seen this happen a dozen times or so (mostly on international transactions).

The reason why their eBay account closed is they were most likely banned previously and tried to create another accoutn.

The immediate need to attack people who are reselling consoles is amusing. There seems to be a small group of members who lurk in this thread, waiting, and hoping, for any shortcoming or inconvenience that can be called out, with Nelson Muntz-like style.

The reality is: While any risk goes up with the number of consoles you are selling, the risk is still minimal. Any "risk" is purely associated with the transaction itself. The WORST than can happen is a negative feedback rating from buyer's remorse. Big deal.

The immediate need to attack people who are reselling consoles is amusing. There seems to be a small group of members who lurk in this thread, waiting, and hoping, for any shortcoming or inconvenience that can be called out, with Nelson Muntz-like style.

The reality is: While any risk goes up with the number of consoles you are selling, the risk is still minimal. Any "risk" is purely associated with the transaction itself. The WORST than can happen is a negative feedback rating from buyer's remorse. Big deal.

You're about to learn a very expensive lesson. From experience.

You should refund, open a cancellation request (which will allow you to get your fees back in 7 days if the buyer doesn't respond; you would have to manually close the case though after 7 days) and relist.

I have never EVER had a situation where a payment was flagged as possibly being unauthorized turn out to actually be authorized. They have always been fraudulent and I've seen this happen a dozen times or so (mostly on international transactions).

The reason why their eBay account closed is they were most likely banned previously and tried to create another accoutn.
Thanks, that paypal flag created a lot of mess. And to add to my woes as a new seller its really difficult, been a member for almost 10 years on Ebay, only buying stuff but I realy should have sold stuff earlier because they're asking me for documents of delivery/invoice of the product, I told them the item is presale so therefore I cannot provide them any of these documents until after the PS4 is delivered. On top of that since Im a newbie paypal is also holding the funds up to 21 days. :/

You're right.

Paying $200 for my personal PS4 with a game is still $200. Some of the guys here will pay $0 for theirs.
Have you ever been ripped off on a console sale on eBay before? You will be fucked.

You guys are assuming zero risk with your flipping when it's actually double-or-nothing. Let's say you sell five PS4s at $150 profit each. Four of the transactions are fine, but there's one douchebag who decides to rip you off. PayPal sides with the buyer (because they always side with the buyer) and you get a box of phone books in the mail. You're now out the entire auction amount, which will leave you with less than $100 profit for all five sales. If two people decide to rip you off? You're several Benjamins in the hole now with nothing to show for it. Amazon, eBay, etc. will always side with the buyer because they're far more valuable in the long run than a private seller trying to flip a few times a year. Even if the person actually sends back the unit, it has a high chance of being unreturnable and you've just wasted a shitload of time for nothing. I don't know about you, but if I can't make $20-30 an hour doing something in my spare time then it's not worth giving up my other responsibilities to do it.

Another huge risk is that you guys are selling a product out-of-hand. What happens if one of the systems you preordered gets sold to someone else by accident? You now have to waste a shitload of time running around, looking for a spare unit (which, according to your entire sales strategy, will be impossible) or refunding the entire amount and fucking up your PayPal account. If you're going to flip, make sure the item is actually in your hands.

And all of that is assuming that you'll be able to make any profit at all, which is a complete mystery at this point. You guys are completely ignoring the facts that A)the Wii U was unflippable last year, and B)Sony has a plan in place to prevent the flipfest that they had with the PS3. If auctions start going for MSRP or less, have fun with all of the refund requests.

I've been flipping gaming shit online for over a decade now, and from experience, you guys are playing with fire.

i would never pre sell these things metal has a great point. What happens with these people that sell like 10 ps4's or more because they have them pre order but not in their hands. This day and age i just don't trust stores with pre orders don't matter what store it is.

I think we all have a good time making fun of the Gordon Geckos on this thread, but there definitely is some concern for the ebay newcomers who see all the talk about making big money and dive head-first with a big ticket item. I'm sure John Wayne is a nice guy (and he makes fun movies), but the fact that he does not seem to know how to cancel a sale/process a refund is a bit concerning.

With that in mind, here's some advice. Some of it echoes earlier comments, and it is by no means comprehensive, but I'm pretty sure it'll help:

-Don't sell anything that isn't on hand: that means no preorder sales, no drop shipping, etc.

-Follow ALL of the shipping requirements: signature confirmation, tracking, ship to the address the buyer gave you in paypal, etc. 

-I strongly advise against international sales for newcomers. There are all sorts of things to take into consideration such as tariffs and fees (ever shipped UPS to Canada?) or countries that just have awful postal systems(Italy) and all manner of other weird variables.

-You may not get scammed (if you cover all of your bases), but there is a distinct possibility you will have to accept a return. Saying that you don't accept returns or trying to pull your money out of Paypal won't stop this from happening.

-Be realistic with your expectations. Don't forget to factor in shipping costs, ebay fees, and the value of your time to the total selling price. You might find it to not be as worthwhile as you initially hoped.

I pre-ordered two of each.

My plan is to sell them all four and whatever I come up with use some of it to buy one for myself at the end.

I think we all have a good time making fun of the Gordon Geckos on this thread, but there definitely is some concern for the ebay newcomers who see all the talk about making big money and dive head-first with a big ticket item. I'm sure John Wayne is a nice guy (and he makes fun movies), but the fact that he does not seem to know how to cancel a sale/process a refund is a bit concerning.

With that in mind, here's some advice. Some of it echoes earlier comments, and it is by no means comprehensive, but I'm pretty sure it'll help:

-Don't sell anything that isn't on hand: that means no preorder sales, no drop shipping, etc.

-Follow ALL of the shipping requirements: signature confirmation, tracking, ship to the address the buyer gave you in paypal, etc.

-I strongly advise against international sales for newcomers. There are all sorts of things to take into consideration such as tariffs and fees (ever shipped UPS to Canada?) or countries that just have awful postal systems(Italy) and all manner of other weird variables.

-You may not get scammed (if you cover all of your bases), but there is a distinct possibility you will have to accept a return. Saying that you don't accept returns or trying to pull your money out of Paypal won't stop this from happening.

-Be realistic with your expectations. Don't forget to factor in shipping costs, ebay fees, and the value of your time to the total selling price. You might find it to not be as worthwhile as you initially hoped.
Sorry, complete newb here. For clarification what do you mean by 'predorder'? Do mean like the preorder cards some places have or like a preorder off of Amazon? Thanks.

Have you ever been ripped off on a console sale on eBay before? You will be fucked.

You guys are assuming zero risk with your flipping when it's actually double-or-nothing. Let's say you sell five PS4s at $150 profit each. Four of the transactions are fine, but there's one douchebag who decides to rip you off. PayPal sides with the buyer (because they always side with the buyer) and you get a box of phone books in the mail. You're now out the entire auction amount, which will leave you with less than $100 profit for all five sales. If two people decide to rip you off? You're several Benjamins in the hole now with nothing to show for it. Amazon, eBay, etc. will always side with the buyer because they're far more valuable in the long run than a private seller trying to flip a few times a year. Even if the person actually sends back the unit, it has a high chance of being unreturnable and you've just wasted a shitload of time for nothing. I don't know about you, but if I can't make $20-30 an hour doing something in my spare time then it's not worth giving up my other responsibilities to do it.

Another huge risk is that you guys are selling a product out-of-hand. What happens if one of the systems you preordered gets sold to someone else by accident? You now have to waste a shitload of time running around, looking for a spare unit (which, according to your entire sales strategy, will be impossible) or refunding the entire amount and fucking up your PayPal account. If you're going to flip, make sure the item is actually in your hands.

And all of that is assuming that you'll be able to make any profit at all, which is a complete mystery at this point. You guys are completely ignoring the facts that A)the Wii U was unflippable last year, and B)Sony has a plan in place to prevent the flipfest that they had with the PS3. If auctions start going for MSRP or less, have fun with all of the refund requests.

I've been flipping gaming shit online for over a decade now, and from experience, you guys are playing with fire.
This is just proof that Paypal/eBay need a new system. So many sellers get ripped off. It seems like 99 percent of the time, they take the side of the buyer.

Its agreed that the main concern is not will the PS4's make profit. The discussion is now how can we legitimately sell a sealed item without getting raped by the scum of the earth. A few on ebay, collect money, then ship. The rest will be on Craigslist. Nuff said

Question: I am seeing a lot of ps4/xbox one auctions ending and the highest bidder has a feedback score of 0 and joined eBay last week. Is it generally accepted that this particular buyer is a fraud?

Is anyone having an issue selling?  They will only let me list 2x on ebay and then thats it (won't allow a relist either).  Is there anyway to get around this limit? I have a 300+ rep @ 100%.

Is anyone having an issue selling? They will only let me list 2x on ebay and then thats it (won't allow a relist either). Is there anyway to get around this limit? I have a 300+ rep @ 100%.
Are you saying that they're not allowing you to list more than 2 PS4s at one time or one PS4 and Xbox one?

Are you saying that they're not allowing you to list more than 2 PS4s at one time or one PS4 and Xbox one?
After I listed 2 I was unable to put more up. After one of them ended, I attempted to relist and was unable to because of the limit. I was only posting ps4's.

Don't forget to check to see if you hit your selling limit for the month. It may not be your PS4 limitations. Here's How to find your selling limit:

You'll be able to view most of your account-based limits in My eBay. Click My eBay at the top of most eBay pages, sign in to your account, then select theAll Selling option in the Sell section on the left side of the page (or in theSelling Manager Summary).

The Monthly selling limits section shows your current selling activity relative to your monthly limits. You'll see a red alert once you've reached a limit, letting you know you won't be able to sell more items in the current month. You always have the option to request higher selling limits.

Limits placed on an account for failing to meet the minimum performance standards will also be shown in your Seller Dashboard. This module only appears if your account is Below Standard. You'll see your category and item limits when you list using the Sell Your Item form.

My PS4 netted 130 after fees. I'm shipping myself with Sig Required. I hav two on preorder from two different places, so not worried about getting one. xbox Ones have spiked at around $100 profit and are dropping again by the looks of it. Oddly, the spike hit two days ago and the drop started yesterday around the time the BF4 stuff was making the rounds. Not sure that is worth it.

bread's done
Back