The Official PSP Pre-Order Information Thread

[quote name='Zoglog']Naw Reward zone is jacked. My roomate has all his settins right and he NEVER gets any of the e-mails or promotions. However Best buy keeps on sending me coupons but not him. poor fella he's so pissed lol. I really should have signed up for RZ when they offered a 10 dollar gift card when you did. I would have used it on the psp anyway and I wouldve gotten points.

Looks like BB will be open in the morning so I don't have to miss work :)

"But that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be without a PSP come launch day. On Thursday, March 24, Best Buy stores around the country will open their video game departments at 8:01 a.m. to sell the PSP. Customers will have the opportunity to pick up what is sure to be one of the hottest gaming products of 2005, Sony's PSP, the revolutionary, all-entertainment handheld, along with games and accessories."

So now I can not miss work and get my PSP with my gift card... sweet :D[/quote]

Interesting. I believe you but I'm curious where you found that info about BB opening early.
-G

Just click on the page to the RZ PSP preorder page thingy and it's right there. I'm totally stoked now that I get to directly dump my gift card tho :D

I'm sure if we show up an hour before launch we should have no problems getting a unit. I plan on arriving at 7am or so.

Wonder if my wife will want to come with me. We went to TRU at 6 AM for a 8 AM opening for the PS2. Bu that was because we knew they had pre-ordered over 100 units and only got 60 in. It was funny because the local radio stations were out there asking why we were there so early and then they ended up having a contest to give PS2's away since you couldn't find one at christmas.

I really have to debate the bestbuy though since I have a target 3 blocks for my house that also opens at 8. They have a tendency to not get stuff until later in the day on realease day. Like CD's and games. I think I'll hit them the night before and see what's up in the ole electronics dept. See if they're making shelf space or anything.
-G

Interesting experience at my EBgames today, keep in mind I have my PSP full paid on preorder since beginning february.

Me : Asking about my preorder, if I will be in the first shipment now since more will be coming the 24th and about the extended warranty and what it covers.

Clerk A: 1yr extra warranty is 26.50, blabla.

Me : Yeah add the extended warranty.

Clerk A : hands me 2 slips, preorder cancellation and reorder with warranty.

Me : Won't this affect my preorder position?

Clerk A asks Clerk B

Clerk B : No, since you paid in full, you should get it, we will call you...if you dont, we will hold preorders for 48hrs from those with deposits and then call you if they don't show up.

Me : So first you say I will get it, but then you say you will call me?

Clerk A+B both shrug.

Me : Ok I guess, thanks.

Yeah, I'll be there when the store opens at 10am...the, if they call you thing doesn't sit well with me :p

That's fucking nuts. Why would you have re-pre-order to add the warranty? Shouldn't the warranty be seperate anyway. I'm sure they're going to be pushing the warranty's like crazy on launch day. That's ridiculous. You probably should have just waited to get the warranty on launch day. I hope that didn't screw up your order. That just makes me even more nervous about my order at EB.

What if you waited until launch date, then pick up your psp then ask if you can add a warranty plan to it?

That way you already have your PSP (in hands) and I doubt they will deny you from purchasing a warranty plan then.

Went to gamestop today and they are still taking first shipment preorders. The guys i know there said they were told to stop, and then a few days ago they found out they would have enough to keep taking more orders

capt

I called Best Buy and I have the email they just sent me that they will ship on the 24th or before. Guess I got lucky that they emailed me. I was shocked it took so long for them to take it down. I was tempted to order more than 1.
My Wal-Mart does tickets at midnight. Everytime I've gone I get a console and I don't know anyone who hasn't actually. Small town and they get a lot of product on launch days for some odd reason.

What I did was, I found a EB in a small town. They only had twenty pre-orders, sounds better than the other EB's who have like eighty pre-orders. Im still showing up early on the 24th though.

I'm sure most retail and online outlets will get PSP shippments up to a week before the 24th, to ensure that they have them to sell on launch day. I'm sure some of the online outlets may ship as long as the recipient gets it around the launch date. For example, I recieved DVDs like the Star Wars trilogy and LOTR Return of the King, several days early than the release date. I guess it depends how strict Sony is on the matter.

[quote name='cheezhead430']is there any place to preorder just a PSP w/o the accessories pack for like $200?[/quote]

No.

The US version of the PSP will only be sold in value pack form for an MSRP of $249.99. Perhaps by the holidays, Sony will sell a base pack for around $200.

My EB store called me today and told me that I would be getting a PSP on the 24th, asked me what time I'd come pick it up and also said that they'd only hold it for 24 hours. They also told me I should pre-order any PSP games I want because they might not get a whole lot so I'll probably go in tomorrow.

Did a pretty good update to the information...things of note: Sears.com just started their online preorders and I added some sites to order a 1GB Memory Stick Duo from.

I was looking at KB Toys as of right now, it says I can preorder and will be shipped in two or three days, do you think I will get a first shipment or not recieve one at all?

[quote name='jkbond']I was looking at KB Toys as of right now, it says I can preorder and will be shipped in two or three days, do you think I will get a first shipment or not recieve one at all?[/quote]

Probably, I get the impression that not alot of people are preordering through etoys/kbtoys. I preordered 10 days ago and my order confirmation says I may get my unit by March 22nd. Most likely, it will be sent on March 24th or 25th.

Since preorders haven't been cut off, I assume that they are still working on the 1st shippement. You should probably call or email them if you are still concerned.

I got the call on Saturday that my "2nd shipment" EB Pre-order would in fact be in Thursday for pick up. Glad I went ahead and pre-ordered when I did.
-G

I'm still debating whether or not I want to go up to Gamestop tomorrow night for the PSP midnight sale. I'm thinking I may just get a good night's rest and get some good gaming in come Thursday.

I wonder if any of the online sites that accepted preorders will ship on Wednesday, since the earliest the recipient could possibly recieve it would be on Thursday.

BTW, I found out my local SuperTarget would be selling approx. 80 PSPs on launch day. You could use that figure as a possible benchmark on how many the average major retail store will get. To me, it looks like there will be plenty go around on launch day.

My local Gamestop (at which I have a preorder for the PSP but I'm getting it at Gamerush) is having a midnight sale too. The manager seemed pretty busy getting everything ready.

Hopefully, my Gamerush will have a midnight release, as the manager there just asked if they were allowed to. It'll be much easier to wait there too, as they're only getting 13 systems.

[quote name='aaronprather']I wonder if any of the online sites that accepted preorders will ship on Wednesday, since the earliest the recipient could possibly recieve it would be on Thursday.[/quote]

According to someone at the pspfourms.com, ebgames.com is shipping its PSP preorders!

EDIT: Gamestop.com is also shipping preorders!

[quote name='Alpha2']*continues to wait until April 5th for Overstock.com*

*sigh* the price of being a cheapass.[/QUOTE]

At least your order wasn't cancelled by them like many others (me included). That $220 price was sweet with no tax and free shipping.

bread's done
Back