The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']So you work there and all 5 copies of the game you grabbed?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shoe478']

That's what it sounds like, maybe he grabbed them for fellow CAGS.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Since this isn't a trading thread, I didn't want to come out and say "I've got 4 games, who wants one?" I didn't want this thread cloged with 2 pages of "I want one" and I'll take one if you still have it" posts.

I will be picking 4 random CAG's that can't find the game and offer them the games, so I don't want to see any posts asking me for any.

I'd rather not see hoarding shit in this thread, no matter what the intent. Thanks.

[quote name='prim4444']Exactly. Since this isn't a trading thread, I didn't want to come out and say "I've got 4 games, who wants one?" I didn't want this thread cloged with 2 pages of "I want one" and I'll take one if you still have it" posts.

I will be picking 4 random CAG's that can't find the game and offer them the games, so I don't want to see any posts asking me for any.[/quote]

[quote name='shoe478']Why didn't anyone tell me Digimon World: Dusk and Dawn went down to $9.98? I got one for $4.98 because of the Fri and Sat promo, I would have waited to see if they went to $5 monday but I doubted they would still be there.

[/QUOTE]

Because you're the first one to mention it. Thanks for the mention, I've been looking for those games at a decent price too.

Just received an email from TRU that announces a Buy 1 Get 1 $5 off for all Nintendo DS games. If so, then it's a huge deal, effectively BOGO 50% off, almost like last week's sale carried over to this week.

[quote name='bokmeow']Just received an email from TRU that announces a Buy 1 Get 1 $5 off for all Nintendo DS games. If so, then it's a huge deal, effectively BOGO 50% off, almost like last week's sale carried over to this week.[/QUOTE]

It would only be Buy 1, Get 1 for half off for $9.98 DS titles, but it's a great deal nonetheless. $5.00 DS games would be Buy 1, Get 1 Free!

Mass Effect...for 5 bucks? Really? That's insane. If it really is 5 bucks, I sure hope I can find one at my TRU.

I hit up TRU in Ferguson, MO (North St. Louis County) this morning. I picked up Civilization Revolution for DS ($10), although I had to dig around (it was in the "S" for Sid Meier rather than the "C" area). I glanced around for other stuff (primarily DS and Wii) and didn't see anything else. I looked around for Fire Emblem (Wii) and didn't see it; the cashier confirmed they were OOS.

Oh, and I didn't see Mass Effect, so don't get your hopes up there. If, however, you're looking for Golden Compass (360) or Prince of Persia (DS), though, they're loaded; I saw several of those for $10. :p

I'll bite on Space Chimps if I see it. People that shop at my TRU must scoop up most games when they hit $20, though. Because there are never any of the older drops and I'm actually not expecting to find SC either.

Just got back. Picked up Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Also noticed some of the Imagine DS games were down to $9.99, along with Prince of Persia DS.

Also saw the following:

:ps2: Singstar Legends - $9.98
:ps2: Singstar Country - $9.98
:ps2: Singstar Country bundle - $19.98
:360: Spiderwick Chronicles - $9.98
:360: Golden Compass - $5.00

I also just got back from my local TRU and I picked up Golden Compass (360) for $5.00, and Orange Box (360) for $5.00. Yes, that's right, Orange Box (360) for $5.00! I had the cashier do a price check on Orange Box because my CAG sense was tingling. And, I am sure really glad I did that.

I can confirm no drops on PS3 stuff. I checked the following just to see:

iconps3.gif
Tony Hawk Project 8 - $19.98
iconps3.gif
Golden Compass - $9.98
iconps3.gif
Wireless guitar - $32.98

(And
iconxbox360.gif
Orange Box for $5 is pretty sweet, though I didn't see it.)

Couldn't find any God of War 2 but instead just decided to pick up days of ruin. Completely forgot to look for Mass Effect though.

[quote name='Josef']Just got back. Picked up Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Also noticed some of the Imagine DS games were down to $9.99, along with Prince of Persia DS.

Also saw the following:

:360: Golden Compass - $5.00[/quote]

Have to be on the look out for those singstars...didn't see any at my TRU.

Not much at my TRU but I did manage to snag NHL 08 (PS3) for $9.98, which was a great price for me. I was after Fire Emblem but when I asked the associate, she told me, suspiciously I might add, that it was clearanced out months ago. I'm thinking it was clearanced this morning and the associates got to them before me. :(

I checked two days ago in like 3 toysarus for the orange box(360), but didn't find it. When I asked someone who worked they didnt know what I was talking about. So since today is 4/13 would they have more of orange box in stock? also where do you check for clearence games at toysarus

[quote name='dallow']Anyone else get the TRU email about B1G1 $5 off on DS games like the poster above?
Just want to be sure before I go.[/quote]

My store was running this promo.

[quote name='dallow']Anyone else get the TRU email about B1G1 $5 off on DS games like the poster above?
Just want to be sure before I go.[/quote]

My store had signs up for it in the DS aisle.

[quote name='jwbrown77']At Harbor/Orangethorpe in Fullerton, CA, when I left about 30 minutes ago there were:

:ds: 2x Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
:360: 2x Orange Box[/quote]

Did they have any GOW2?

Picked up-

Pokemon mystery dungeon red $5 (X2) GBA
Guantlet/Rampart $5 GBA

Total was $10.60, dont know why but these were 3 for $10

Is this YMMV? I went to TRU today and they had Bee Movie 360 for $19.99, Golden Compass PS3 and 360 for $9.99 and the WWE game for 360 still at $19.99.. The only $5.00 games they had were Enchanted on GBA and some GBA Poker game.

[quote name='pimpster4183']Is this YMMV? I went to TRU today and they had Bee Movie 360 for $19.99, Golden Compass PS3 and 360 for $9.99 and the WWE game for 360 still at $19.99.. The only $5.00 games they had were Enchanted on GBA and some GBA Poker game.[/quote]

Did you have them scanned? The prices on the cards are not the prices of the games.

[quote name='pimpster4183']Is this YMMV? I went to TRU today and they had Bee Movie 360 for $19.99, Golden Compass PS3 and 360 for $9.99 and the WWE game for 360 still at $19.99.. The only $5.00 games they had were Enchanted on GBA and some GBA Poker game.[/QUOTE]

Damn that GBA poker games, are always in huge quantities, whenever I go to my local TRU's....hahaha!

[quote name='lude21']Picked up-

Pokemon mystery dungeon red $5 (X2) GBA
Guantlet/Rampart $5 GBA

Total was $10.60, dont know why but these were 3 for $10[/quote]

I think all GBA games are 3 for $10 everywhere. Nice find on the Pokemon ones!

[quote name='jwbrown77']At Harbor/Orangethorpe in Fullerton, CA, when I left about 30 minutes ago there were:

:ds: 2x Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
:360: 2x Orange Box[/QUOTE]

AWESOME! I'll head over there after dinner to pick up a copy of Advance Wars

[quote name='Josef']Just got back. Picked up Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Also noticed some of the Imagine DS games were down to $9.99, along with Prince of Persia DS.

Also saw the following:

:360: Golden Compass - $5.00[/quote]

I have been looking for Singstar Legends, what location did you see that at?

Thanks

Tonight, I picked up Lost in Blue 3 for DS which was $9.90 and Assassin's Creed for DS which was $5 and got both for $9.90 total. I think someone was trying to hide AC, but it was too bad for them. Pretty good deal.

[quote name='Pck21']Did you have them scanned? The prices on the cards are not the prices of the games.[/quote]

... no, lol i didn't. they had this sign above them that said priced as marked, ha. So these are national then, right?

[quote name='hcamacho']Damn that GBA poker games, are always in huge quantities, whenever I go to my local TRU's....hahaha![/quote]

lol, that poker game stash for $5.00 has been at our local TRU for no lie, around 2 and half years now, maybe three. In the same spot at the same bin.

I went to two more TRU's and confirmed the following prices (basically almost everything that was $19.98 is now $9.98 and almost everything that was $9.98 is now $5, everything that was $5 stayed the same):

:360: TMNT - $5.00
:psp: Alien Syndrome - $5.00
:ds: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - $9.98
:ps2: Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles - $5.00
:ps2: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2 - $5.00
:ps2: T-rated 3 pack (King Kong, Matrix: Path of Neo, and Th3 Plan) - $5
:ps3: Unreal Tournament III - $9.98 (holding steady)
:wii: Nights - $9.98 (holding steady)

Also, it looks like all GBA games are $5 each or 3 for $10, as others have mentioned. I think this also includes the desirable titles like the Pokemons, Mario Karts, etc.

[quote name='pimpster4183']... no, lol i didn't. they had this sign above them that said priced as marked, ha. So these are national then, right?[/quote]

That's you have to scan them yourself or have an associate scan them and watch their eyes go wide with surprise lol ;). The prices should be at all stores because the prices are updated through the company's system, or so I'm led to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back