The Official Toys-R-Us Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Nobody home here. The trolls and the juvenile drama chased me away.

I thought CAG was a supportive community, but I was wrong, apparently.

You're free to let someone else man the thread now; I understand J7 has a lot of free time on his hands and has been trying to circumvent the thread from me for a few months.

I just don't have the patience for the children anymore.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='J7.']By "All $9.98 games priced at $19.99 unless noted
All $5.00 games priced at $9.98 before drops"
do you mean they are $9.98 & $5.00 respectively but are marked at $19.99 and $9.98 in store? Or something entirely different like all $19.99 games in store are now $9.98.[/QUOTE]

It appears he means that all games falling to $9.98 this Monday were previously $19.99 unless noted. All games falling to $5.00 were previously $9.98.

[quote name='shoe478']I picked up a little Chun Li figure for $0.01. Was this some kind of promo when SF4 came out? Did they have more than just her?[/QUOTE]

I believe it was a first week bonus when the game came out (buy the game at release, get the figure). Chun Li was the only figure, if I remember correctly. By the way, where did you find the figure? In the RZone area, or in the area with other action/video game figures?

[quote name='Josef']It appears he means that all games falling to $9.98 this Monday were previously $19.99 unless noted. All games falling to $5.00 were previously $9.98.

I believe it was a first week bonus when the game came out (buy the game at release, get the figure). Chun Li was the only figure, if I remember correctly. By the way, where did you find the figure? In the RZone area, or in the area with other action/video game figures?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was in the RZone area, I might take a pic of it. There was one sitting on the register and one in the case. Guy didn't want to sell it to me at first but did anyway.

Edit: Pic added

[quote name='shoe478']Yeah, it was in the RZone area, I might take a pic of it. There was one sitting on the register and one in the case. Guy didn't want to sell it to me at first but did anyway.

Edit: Pic added

[/QUOTE]

Can't say that I've seen that figure before but I'll keep on the lookout for it. Thanks!

[quote name='Josef']It appears he means that all games falling to $9.98 this Monday were previously $19.99 unless noted. All games falling to $5.00 were previously $9.98.
[/QUOTE]
Cool, thank you. Are any of you guys planning to get anything from the upcoming drop?

[quote name='J7.']Cool, thank you. Are any of you guys planning to get anything from the upcoming drop?[/QUOTE]

I'm looking at mostly DS titles: N+, Dragonball Z Origins, Sim City Creator, Ninjatown

want tomorrow

track and feild... did not see it today
orcs did not see it today
cli... did not see it today

dragon ball 10 saw it but will pass cause i just won it on ebay dirt cheap
star force 2 saw it today will get tomorrow
ninjatown saw it today will get it tomorrow
simcity did not see it today

Was able to grab

SMACKDOWN 2009 for the DS for 14.99 today with 15 buck gift card

will use that gift card tomorrow to buy

ninjatown and Star force 2...... 3 games for 5.00 each

Our TRU has put up SIGNS SAYING THE GIFT CARDS WILL NO LONGER WORK WITH DS GAMES

SAD

did see

dreamday wedding ds for 10
dragon monster joker for 10
dancing with the stars ds for10

[quote name='jro787']could somebody tell me where the clearance games are located usually in toys r us thanks[/QUOTE]
Either in a bin or just with the other games.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']is ninja blade really going to be $19.99 tomorrow? Wanted really $10 too? Sorry im on cell and it takes forever to load a page lol[/QUOTE]

Ninja Blade $19.99 yes
Wanted $10 no :)

Originally Posted by prim4444
779205 Wanted Weapons

[quote name='dinovelvet']Wow, straight to $9.98. So how badly does this game suck, then?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='prim4444']My fault. posted that by mistake. Taking it off now...[/QUOTE]

Twas a mistake.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']ok you guys are wicked nice, i wish there was a mobile version of CAG lol[/QUOTE]

Well, I've skimmed over something before and have been told to look a few pages/posts back, which that post alone neither answered my question nor helped any. And I know a lot of people tend to check this site on their phones, so I try to just post what is needed when needed. Sorry guys for getting off topic, won't happen again.

[quote name='Josef']Can't say that I've seen that figure before but I'll keep on the lookout for it. Thanks![/QUOTE] Yeah, i got two free at Wonder Con in San Fran this past March. It was given as a gift at the Capcom booth.

[quote name='Scorch']there is..

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/?styleid=9[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that link but it took me awhile to figure out how to get things back to normal on my PC after I clicked it. ;)

Anyway, here some drops that I think I found.

:ds:
Bangai-o Spirits - $9.98
Cake Mania 2 - $9.98

:psp:
Ford Off Road Racing - $9.98
N+ - $9.98
Patapon - $9.98
PES 2008 - $5
PES 2009 - $9.98 (which PES wasn't clear in prim's post)
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 - $9.98

:wii:
Blast Works $9.98 (old?)

:ps2:
Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World - $9.98

If anyone else clicks that link, just change "styleid=1" to get it back to normal

can anyone confirm the $20 Ninja Blade?

I can confirm. I picked up a copy of Ninja Blade for $19.99 at Christiana, Delaware TRU earlier today. They had 4 copies left.

[quote name='Scorch']If anyone else clicks that link, just change "styleid=1" to get it back to normal

can anyone confirm the $20 Ninja Blade?[/QUOTE]

All of the existing $9.98/$9.99 games did not drop to $5.00 at my TRU. Unless the price checker and register ring up differently...

Don't think that is the case though, as a lady was putting stickers on everything that was being marked down.

[quote name='PaulDE01']I can confirm. I picked up a copy of Ninja Blade for $19.99 at Christiana, Delaware TRU earlier today. They had 4 copies left.[/QUOTE]

Were you the guy that also got the Halo 3 Legendary Edition for $19.98? :)

I picked up a copy of Ninja Blade myself and asked if they had any of other drops. The clerk said the store didn't have much, but did mention Halo 3 Legendary dropping and that someone picked it up this morning.

No it was not me and I was the first person to enter the building this morning and went straight to the game department. The clerk mentioned to me that Halo 3: LE dropped to 19.99 but told me that they had one copy left "the other day" and it was gone....I bet he kept it for himself. I know he grabbed a copy of Ninja Blade also because he was surprised to see it at that price and pulled one out for himself.

Picked up the following

PSP Buzz Master Quiz $5

PSP God of War Chains of Olympus $9.98

DS Bangai-O $9.98, bought 2 copies since it was buy 1 get 1 50% off

Wii We love golf $9.98

Can confirm Ninja Blade at $19.99. Picked up the last copy this morning but I didn't see anything else to pick up. Very cool!

[quote name='nnthomas']epic fail, all out[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I will get it when it goes to $9.98. I would pay $20 for it but I know it will just sit on the shelf behind all the good games.

Chains of Olympus and N+ were both $9.98? Dammit... I just got back.

I picked up Blue Dragon, Kane & Lynch (360), and Ninjatown. I was hoping for N+ on the DS but they were OOS.

I have a quick question, am I still able to get the Singstar PS3 Bundles at 10 dollars each from TRU? I just ventured into this thread and a quick reply so I can rush there would be greatly appreciated. (if they're still in stock of course)

[quote name='shoe478']Hopefully I will get it when it goes to $9.98. I would pay $20 for it but I know it will just sit on the shelf behind all the good games.[/QUOTE]

Oddly, you note you're waiting when most everyone else notes that they got the last copy or their store was out.

This was a drop to 19.99 not 19.98 as well, so it is not a clearance price iirc.

My store had *2* left before I bought mine.

YMMV I guess (didn't noticed it on the list), but I just hit up the local Toys'r'Us (Robinson Township, PA) and picked up :360: Lost Planet : Colonies Edition for 9.98, still had a handful left. Also grabbed the last :360: Blue Dragon. Just wish they had Cake Mania for the DS, I'm tired of my girlfriend jacking my loot in Sacred 2. Thanks OP.

Also, forgot to mention, Ninja Blade is 19.99 here as well, had about 3 copies left.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Oddly, you note you're waiting when most everyone else notes that they got the last copy or their store was out.

This was a drop to 19.99 not 19.98 as well, so it is not a clearance price iirc.

My store had *2* left before I bought mine.[/QUOTE]

I'm still going to wait. I have at least 100 360 games in my backlog. By the time I get around to this, it will be in the $4.99 bin at Gamestop.

IF YOU STORE STILL ALLOWS IT

only pick up Ds games with the gift cards that you know you want to keep.

Picked up xmen last night and another 10 buck game

xmen 30
10 buck game 5 (buy 1 get 1 50)

total price 36 bucks with 15 buck card so you would think xmen would be 15

well after looking at reviews i though the ds did not look that great... Took it back today and they said they could only offer me 10 bucks back for the xmen game

even though it shows 14.99 on the recept they worker said they would only refund me 10... think its Bs they are trynig to rip me off 5 bucks

So i just kept it and will toss it on goozex BLEH.

[quote name='PaulDE01']No it was not me and I was the first person to enter the building this morning and went straight to the game department. The clerk mentioned to me that Halo 3: LE dropped to 19.99 but told me that they had one copy left "the other day" and it was gone....I bet he kept it for himself. I know he grabbed a copy of Ninja Blade also because he was surprised to see it at that price and pulled one out for himself.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, yeah it was probably the clerk. The way he said it to me - that a customer got it this morning - and that you were the first one in this morning and he told you it was bought the other day, kind of implies he got it. I guess it's one of the few perks of being a retail employee.

Hit up another TRU and scored the following:

DS games = total was $30 after the B1G1/2 off promotion:

:ds: N+
:ds: Dragonball Origins
:ds: Ninjatown
:ds: Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2

Also noticed:

:wii: One Piece: Unlimited Adventure - $9.98
:wii: Facebreaker KO Party - $9.98
:psp: SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 - $9.98
:psp: PES 2009 - $9.98

[quote name='Josef']Hahaha, yeah it was probably the clerk. The way he said it to me - that a customer got it this morning - and that you were the first one in this morning and he told you it was bought the other day, kind of implies he got it. I guess it's one of the few perks of being a retail employee.

Hit up another TRU and scored the following:

DS games = total was $30 after the B1G1/2 off promotion:

:ds: N+
:ds: Dragonball Origins
:ds: Ninjatown
:ds: Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2

Also noticed:

:wii: One Piece: Unlimited Adventure - $9.98
:wii: Facebreaker KO Party - $9.98
:psp: SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 - $9.98
:psp: PES 2009 - $9.98[/QUOTE]

Man Path of the ninja 2 is 9.98.... I knew i should of never got it from gamestop for 13.50

Picked up Ninjatown today. Thanks for the list.
Oh and I clicked the mobile link and now CAG only opens in mobile mode!
How do I get out of this?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back