The Official Unofficial CAG Wrestlemania 26 wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo05

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
WrestleMania XXVI is a forthcoming twenty-sixth annual WrestleMania professional wrestling pay-per-view event produced by World Wrestling Entertainment, which is scheduled to take place on March 28, 2010 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. The event will be the first WrestleMania to be held in the state of Arizona and the third to be held in an open-air venue. It will be a joint-promotion event, featuring performers both from the Raw and SmackDown brands. Currently, ten matches are scheduled for the event's card.

thanks Wikipedia. Not much else to say. Big cheers for the CAGs who managed to go to the show, I wish I was there. Maybe in a few years once my job and life situations in general are a bit more stable. An east-coast venue would help.

I know the week before Wrestlemania is like 90% filler and promos for the matches, but did anyone else notice that Smackdown had only 3 matches. I think Superstars had more wresting in 1 hour this week then Smackdown did in 2.

[quote name='Habbler']I know the week before Wrestlemania is like 90% filler and promos for the matches, but did anyone else notice that Smackdown had only 3 matches. I think Superstars had more wresting in 1 hour this week then Smackdown did in 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah although I enjoyed the bits where they showed the old memorabilia at the Axxess thing so I didn't complain. Vince McMahon's old, bright red sport coat from his announcing days? Hilarious.

[quote name='Halo05']Yeah although I enjoyed the bits where they showed the old memorabilia at the Axxess thing so I didn't complain. Vince McMahon's old, bright red sport coat from his announcing days? Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Some of the Fan Axxess stuff looked like a lot of fun. I really want to try the high flyer pit which was a wrestling ring full of foam instead of having a mat. Wonder if any of the ROH schools or whatever actually have one of those. I also thought it was funny they built a cemetery for everyone who lost to undertaker, and its in order so HBK's gravestone is right next to HBK's other gravestone.

I really liked the episode of Superstars this week too. felt like the whole hour was built around pushing the CM Punk vs Rey match.

Speaking of Punk vs Rey. is anyone else getting a Christian Cage vs Booker T for the TNA Legends belt vibe off of this?

I'll admit, that Axxess stuff looked like a lot of fun.

I probably would've even went and tried that wrestler intro thing.

...:oops:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I'll admit, that Axxess stuff looked like a lot of fun.

I probably would've even went and tried that wrestler intro thing.

...:oops:[/QUOTE]

Fat latino kid spitting water like HHH was pretty priceless. Also think its funny that the scaled down fantasy WWE entrance is the same size as the ROH entrance they use on HDNet

This wrestlemania will feel different for one huge reason.....

THANKS MODERATOR!:twoguns:

[quote name='strongpimphand']This wrestlemania will feel different for one huge reason.....

THANKS MODERATOR!:twoguns:[/QUOTE]

well, they do have to worry about legal action being brought on CAG for posting of the stream links and such. not saying i support, but i can agree

For those playing along at home, here's your card for tomorrow's event.

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship Match
(c) ShowMiz (The Miz & The Big Show) vs John Morrison & R-Truth

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

No DQ/No Count Out
Streak vs Career
The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels

Street Fight Match
Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Vince McMahon

Money In The Bank
Dolph Ziggler vs Kane vs Christian vs Kofi Kingston vs Evan Bourne vs Drew McIntyre vs Jack Swagger vs Matt Hardy vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin

Triple H vs Sheamus

Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match
(c) Chris Jericho vs Edge

WWE Championship Match
(c) Batista vs John Cena

10 Diva Tag Match
Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix vs Michelle McCool, Layla, Maryse, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero

My predictions:

Morrison/Truth over Showmiz
Mysterio over Punk
McIntyre wins MITB
Sheamus over HHH
Orton wins
Hart over McMahon
Face divas over heel divas
Undertaker over HBK
Edge over Jericho
Cena over Batista

ShoMiz over Truth and Wisdom
Taker over Shawn
Bret over Vince
Drew wins MITB and cashes it in on the PPV
Sheamus over HHH, leading to an injury angle either at the PPV or Raw the night after to give HHH time to get surgery
Rey over Punk to get revenge for his daughter, leading to something else causing some rematches
Cody over Orton and Ted, hopefully leading to the end of this feud
Edge over Jericho
Cena over Batista
face chicks over heel chicks

Last edited by a moderator:
Reposted from my complete threadfail....

OK, My match order, with predictions:

The Tag titles match, with Miz Show going over

Punk/Mysterio. Punk wins, and we have JBL/Michaels all over again.

HHH/Seamus. Um, Seamus because :intert smarky snark here:

Legacy Triple Threat. Dibiase wins, but I'll be damned if I can tell you why.

MITB next. While I'd LOVE to see about half these guys win it, I'll have to listen to what I read here and say it'll be McIntyre.

The Divas tag next, and the winner is any viewer who manages to stay in the restroom and miss the match.

Y2J vs Edge: Again, based on what I read here: If McIntyre wins MitB, Edge wins this match. Otherwise, Y2J.

Michaels vs Undertaker. I'd like to see Michaels win it. IDK what retirement rumors are floating around the internets. It could go either way. But I don't think this year will match last year.

Hart vs McMahon. Hart, with a Sharpshooter.

Batista vs Cena. Cena starts hot, Batista turns the tables, Dominates a while, Cena overcomes the odds, finishes traded, 5 knuckle shuffle, F5, Pin.

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']
Batista vs Cena. Cena starts hot, Batista turns the tables, Dominates a while, Cena overcomes the odds, finishes traded, 5 knuckle shuffle, F5, Pin.[/QUOTE]

don't forget an attitude adjustment ;)

[quote name='JJSP']For those playing along at home, here's your card for tomorrow's event.

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

No DQ/No Count Out

Street Fight Match

Money In The Bank
Dolph Ziggler vs Kane vs Christian vs Kofi Kingston vs Evan Bourne vs Drew McIntyre vs Jack Swagger vs Matt Hardy vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin

Triple H vs Sheamus

WWE Championship Match
(c) Batista vs John Cena

10 Diva Tag Match
Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix vs Michelle McCool, Layla, Maryse, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero[/QUOTE]

1..John Morrison & R-Truth New tag chumps Will lose titles within a month or two
2..CM Punk... no question there just a lame way to get another person to join his so called group

3...The Undertaker......... so long HBK been nice knowing you... would b shocked to see him Join TNA
Though it would not shock me to see HBK WIN... Taker attacks Batista vs John Cena Match to Jump to RAW leaving
smackdown behind (HBK new ruler in Smackdown and Taker moving with the big boys of RAW)

4..Vince McMahon... Bret must really be hurting for cash to put up with this crap
5...Christian or Drew McIntyre... Though i pick Christain and it be him VS edge at next PPV
6..Sheamus.. again HHH getting paid alot of cash to job
7..Randy Orton someone will come out and save his ass and everyone will love him once again
8.. Edge will win Very easy he will then face christian somewhere down the line
9... Hopefully noone cause they both suck but the cry baby Cena will win
10.... Does anyone really care

Why did bret try to steal Vinces shoe when he was doing the sharpshooter that week... That made me laugh for days.. even more funny was when vince went back into the ring to save his shoe

Thanks for posting the card JJSP. I forgot about that. My predictions...

(c) ShowMiz (The Miz & The Big Show) vs John Morrison & R-Truth ShowMiz retains although I'm not really sure why. Just because.

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio Punk wins because Rey is past his prime and the WWE seems to enjoy putting people in groups against their will. Makes for an interesting dynamic or something.

No DQ/No Count Out
Streak vs Career
The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels I have no idea. I guess I hope that UT will win and HBK will "retire" for a year or so. I don't want HBK to permanently retire yet but retirements are easily undone, winning streaks are impossible to undo once broken.

Street Fight Match
Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Vince McMahon Bret wins. I have no idea how this will go down given Hart's physical ailments.

Money In The Bank
Dolph Ziggler vs Kane vs Christian vs Kofi Kingston vs Evan Bourne vs Drew McIntyre vs Jack Swagger vs Matt Hardy vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin Drew McIntyre wins but doesn't cash in the briefcase. I hope.

Triple H vs Sheamus Triple H wins. There's only so much push he's willing to give his buddies. Didn't Michaels beat him like once in the past ten years out of 4-5 matches?

Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase Dibiase wins in an effort to grow him into the next main event level face in the company.

(c) Chris Jericho vs Edge Edge wins the title with the running hug. Please get a different finisher.

WWE Championship Match
(c) Batista vs John Cena Cena wins the title. If the MitB winner cashes in, I think it will be against Cena. Two PPVs in a row where he wins the title only to have it taken away less than five minutes later.

10 Diva Tag Match
Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix vs Michelle McCool, Layla, Maryse, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero who cares?

There was a radio interview from spring 2009 with shawn and when asked about retirement he said he wants to spend time with his family. Also I remember hearing talk of Batista saying he wants to move away from wrestling for good.

My Predictions:

ShowMiz over Morrison/R-Truth

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio
Rey over Punk

No DQ/No Count Out
Streak vs Career
Taker over Shawn, hopefully with no run-ins or anything

Street Fight Match
Bret over Vince. I'm gonna say the entire Hart family has a hand in whooping Vince's ass.

Money In The Bank
McIntyre wins it. They've put too much emphasis on him to not give it to him.

Triple H vs Sheamus
Sheamus over Triple H. I think he'll take this time to put over his little gym spotter.

Dibiase wins to start off his push.

Edge over Jericho

WWE Championship Match
(c) Batista vs John Cena
Cena wins (duh)

10 Diva Tag Match
Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix vs Michelle McCool, Layla, Maryse, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero
My bladder wins

I'll put who I would like to see win these matches, just for the fun of it.

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship Match - Showmiz. I think they were looking for another match to fill up some time and decided to give it to the tag titles.

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio - Punk. I really enjoy the character now and cutting promos in the middle of matches is awesome in my mind.

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels - Undertaker. The streak I could see never being beaten. Too much money invested around that streak.

Bret "The Hitman" Hart vs. Vince McMahon - Bret wins, nuff said.

Money In The Bank - Christian. I know they aren't actually going to let Christian win but damn it he should. Have him cash it on Batista later in the night.

Triple H vs Sheamus - Sheamus just to put him over more.

Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase - Randy Orton. Again, I know they aren't going to let Orton win but I think it would be better if he did.

WWE World Heavyweight Title Match - Edge. No way he isn't going to win this one.

WWE Championship Match - Batista. I want Batista to win no matter what but especially if Christian gets MITB. I hate Cena and I think having Christian cash in on Batista would still keep him face. Maybe Edge & Christian champion interactions.

10 Diva Tag Match - Heel Divas. I think it would be the best way, but it'll be the Faces that win.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']There was a radio interview from spring 2009 with shawn and when asked about retirement he said he wants to spend time with his family. Also I remember hearing talk of Batista saying he wants to move away from wrestling for good.[/QUOTE]

I'll help him pack.

It's obvious that cena's gonna win this one. He's their $$$ maker. I won't even care if Batista leaves. According to what I've heard the guy's a Roid freak and an asshole backstage and a big cry baby when vince doesn't let him have the title. He made a little kid cry once at an autograph signing because he refused to sign.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']He made a little kid cry once at an autograph signing because he refused to sign.[/QUOTE]

That's because he doesn't have time to be kissing babies and hugging fat chicks.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']It's obvious that cena's gonna win this one. He's their $$$ maker. I won't even care if Batista leaves. According to what I've heard the guy's a Roid freak and an asshole backstage and a big cry baby when vince doesn't let him have the title. He made a little kid cry once at an autograph signing because he refused to sign.[/QUOTE]

Remember that time you cried, quit CAG, and vowed never to come back? Good times.

zlamv4.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Remember that time you cried, quit CAG, and vowed never to come back? Good times.[/QUOTE]

???

Also, I read that Bob Uecker fuckin' *SLAYED* at the HoF last night. I'd like to see that.

Somewhat of a spoiler, I guess...

-- Speaking of surprises, there's a rumor that some familiar faces from Bret Hart and Vince McMahon's pasts will show up during their match tonight.

Oh, good. It will be even more of a cartoon than it should be.

ShowMiz over Ebony and Ivory

CM Punk over Rey Mysterio

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels results in a double pinfall

Bret "The Hitman" Hart over Vince McMahon

Christian wins MITB

Sheamus over HHH

Ted Dibiase wins Triple Threat

Edge over Chris Jericho

Batista over John Cena

Face Divas over Heel Divas - Vickie Guerrero..please please please do a Frog Splash.

anyone watching on Comcast PPV in the New England area, send me a PM ill be happy to remove the charges due to "technical difficulties" can only do NE though :)

[quote name='JJSP']Faces from their past? Really, who's left aside from Niedhart that isn't dead?[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna lay $5 down on Hornswoggle doing a run-in waddle-in.

John Morrison & R-Truth over ShowMiz
The Undertaker over Shawn Michaels
Drew McIntyre wins MITB
Triple H over Sheamus
Ted Dibiase over Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes
Edge over Chris Jericho
John Cena over Batista
Michelle McCool, Layla, Maryse, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero over Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix

[quote name='JJSP']Faces from their past? Really, who's left aside from Niedhart that isn't dead?[/QUOTE]

Goldberg? Stone Cold? Jerry Lawler? Roddy Piper?

That's about everybody I can think of that isn't signed to a TNA contract.

[quote name='Sporadic']Goldberg? Stone Cold? Jerry Lawler? Roddy Piper?

That's about everybody I can think of that isn't signed to a TNA contract.[/QUOTE]

I vote for Roddy Piper interference. He really made it sound like he wanted to fight Vince on the MSG episode of Raw back in December.

[quote name='DiRT_X']anyone watching on Comcast PPV in the New England area, send me a PM ill be happy to remove the charges due to "technical difficulties" can only do NE though :)[/QUOTE]

Is Pittsburgh close enough to NE?

[quote name='DiRT_X']anyone watching on Comcast PPV in the New England area, send me a PM ill be happy to remove the charges due to "technical difficulties" can only do NE though :)[/QUOTE]
This is what CAG should be all about. Love it. :applause:
Too bad I live in NY and have TWC.

I'm going with McIntyre to win MITB, but to cash in and lose to Edge. I figure he'll get in again at the MITB ppv, where I don't mind him winning again and trying again. I just don't want them to give up on Edge and Jericho after one match.

Maybe we'll get Cowboy Bob, Dusty, and Ted Sr involved in the Legacy three way.

I'd like to see Neidhart show up and help Bret in some way. I'd mark out huge for a Hart Attack/Sharpshooter finish. A DX or Austin involvement would be cool, but it'd cheapen Shawn's match and I can't see Austin siding with Vince again.

That HoF airing was bullshit. 30 minutes for Harry Doyle (yes, I know, motherfuckers), 10 minutes for Gorgeous George, and 10 minutes for DiBiase? Cut Ebersol, put Stu Hart in. Not that tough.

It just baffles me that the year BRET HART is at WRESTLEMANIA again, you cut his portion of the HoF from the broadcast. No sense. Most of the 'new' fans don't even know who Ueuker and George are.

Anyway, WM predictions, since I'm headed out to watch it.

ShowMiz retains.
Hart wins.
McIntyre wins MitB (unfortunately)
Sheamus over HHH.
Punk over Mysterio.

Now, the rest... I think that one champ retains and one loses. My gut says that Edge wins and Batista retains. It's totally possible that both champs lose, though. There is a STRONG case to be made that both heels should retain, but that's just not gonna happen, sadly... especially because the undercard matches also seem like the heels should go over, too (Punk, Sheamus, ShowMiz).

HBK/Taker. I want to say that Taker goes over, but everything in me is screaming that Michaels should win. If ANYONE is going to beat Taker, it should be HBK, and it should be now. If HBK doesn't go over tonight, expect Taker to NEVER lose at Mania. If it happens, it happens tonight. I want HBK to go over if only so Taker can be interesting at Mania again. Honestly, when you know the man never loses, it's a throwaway match. They can build and build, but they'll never come as close as the past two years with anyone believing he'll lose. Plus, I'm horrified for the inevitable Taker/Cena match, or the Taker/HHH rematch. Those are situations where he could lose, but for all the wrong reasons. (Sidenote: I also don't want to see a hokey 'HBK unretires' storyline.)

Sorry, bit of a rant there. Not sure if I missed anything there, but that's what I expect to see at Mania.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']John Morrison & R-Truth over ShowMiz
The Undertaker over Shawn Michaels
Drew McIntyre wins MITB
Triple H over Sheamus
Ted Dibiase over Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes
Edge over Chris Jericho
John Cena over Batista
Michelle McCool, Layla, Maryse, Alicia Fox and Vickie Guerrero over Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Gail Kim and Beth Phoenix[/QUOTE]

This. People out there really think Triple H is going to put Sheamus over?

EDIT: On second thought, I see Batista retaining. Yeah, it's Wrestlemania, but I see the Cena/Batista feud as having some mileage yet to go - Backlash rematch for sure.

1 hour to go!!!!!!!!!!! Rumor is that R Truth posted on Twitter that the Tag Title Match is going to start the show.

[quote name='007']That HoF airing was bullshit. 30 minutes for Harry Doyle (yes, I know, motherfuckers), 10 minutes for Gorgeous George, and 10 minutes for DiBiase? Cut Ebersol, put Stu Hart in. Not that tough.

It just baffles me that the year BRET HART is at WRESTLEMANIA again, you cut his portion of the HoF from the broadcast. No sense. Most of the 'new' fans don't even know who Ueuker and George are.
[/QUOTE]
I guess they just want people to buy the DVD/BD.

I think putting Taker/HBK last this year is a mistake. Last year was awesome and definitely should have been last, I just don't see this year's match being as good. I can't wait to see their entrances though.

[quote name='jp0213']I think putting Taker/HBK last this year is a mistake. Last year was awesome and definitely should have been last, I just don't see this year's match being as good. I can't wait to see their entrances though.[/QUOTE]

But if there were two guys who had to top one of the best matches of last year with a rematch, are there many other people who you think are capable? Sure, their bodies aren't getting any younger but Michaels almost always delivers, especially at WM, and Taker is usually solid as well.

Every year people talk about how the winner should cash in MITB at the end of the night, I just don't see it happening still. Sure it'll give them a pretty big boost, but won't have as much mileage as building a full program around being the MITB winner.

Aren't they having a MITB pay-per-view though this year? I figure they'll have the Mania winner cash in quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back