The (old) GameRush/Blockbuster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Gamerush/Blockbuster video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals, of which there are none currently).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
There will be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the recent doctored coupon. Do not discuss what you bought, what you traded it for, or anything else - all such posts will be deleted. Any discussion of that should be done here.

Also, it is bad form to discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arrive (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell new and used video game hardware, with the exception of the occasional new controller/memory card spotted at regular stores. (Edit - Some recent exceptions have cropped up: many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and a few stores have been reported to sell DS Lites).

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of new games (though, it seems, many of those have even stopped taking preorders).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:360:
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Lego Star Wars TCS
Mass Effect
NBA Live 08
The Orange Box

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
Assassin's Creed
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Uncharted

:wii:
Guitar Hero III
NBA Live 08
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Galaxy

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

[quote name='joshnorm']I will be fliping my BB credit into GS credit. Espically since my BB has nothing (zero systems nothing decent new game wise) I will take the $2 hit on this.[/quote]
$2? After tax, it's $5-6 hit.

..``44.99
...``x .06 (My local tax)
....``2.69
..`+44.99
..``47.68
...-$42.00
..``$5.68 (loss per game flipped to GS)

That's a pretty big hit when you flip 5-6 games.

Just back from the Mall.
Gamestop did indeed drop halo 3 down to $30 trade in value.
Got $42 for it, with the 30% coupon and 10% edge card.
A $6 drop from what i paid for it at Blockbuster.
Still not a bad net profit, but if blockbuster is to get some more stuff in as rumored, ipods, etc. Might want to hold onto some of the store credit.

Might be easier to flip a Ds on ebay, instead of drive all over to different Blocks to get Halo's, then to different GAmestops.

[quote name='stone1061']Just back from the Mall.
Gamestop did indeed drop halo 3 down to $30 trade in value.
Got $42 for it, with the 30% coupon and 10% edge card.
A $6 drop from what i paid for it at Blockbuster.
Still not a bad net profit, but if blockbuster is to get some more stuff in as rumored, ipods, etc. Might want to hold onto some of the store credit.

Might be easier to flip a Ds on ebay, instead of drive all over to different Blocks to get Halo's, then to different GAmestops.[/quote]

I saw a digital camera for sale at blockbuster today. Some "Flip" model for like $100 but its a step none the less.

[quote name='$hady']I think someone mentioned it here but nobody ever ran with it... According to the Target Clearance thread Dirt 360 is $15 now. Trade value was $35 in mid october and probably still high as it's pretty new and no real drops anywhere I don't think. I'm getting ready to go try to get a copy for myself as I actually want to keep and play the game, imagine that lol! Just an idea since today is credit moving day thanks to GS coupon. I can't wait for the after Christmas b2g1 free sale i've got a pile of credit and a list longer than my weiner. Feel free to make a mental picture.[/quote]If you like racing games, you'll love dirt, especially if you like the Colin McRae series or the Rallisport series. It's a little more rallisport arcade-like than past cmr titles, but a lot of fun. It's also great for showing off graphical capabilities.

A christmas miracle occurred today, I actually found a MM and CJ at a CC (opened recently) near my work. They had 1 more CJ which I left for another CAGGER. The CC was on Seal Beach Blvd by the Target.

Excite Truck gets 23$ at GR

[quote name='MightySlacker']Monster Madness holds at $28.50

Beowulf is down to $7.

A moment of silence is in order.

Dave[/quote]\
Thanks! I'm going to go trade in my copy of beowulf now. Better than dealing with ebay I suppose.

[quote name='mrhappi79']\

Actually you can probaby get more for it on ebay, even though you have thru go the hassle of it, it's worth it when you can get double the money.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=beowulf+ps3&category0=[/quote]

The problem is I already opened my copy. I went to trade it in on Sunday and they denied it. It looks like used copies are going for $15- $20 but then again new ones are also going for $20

[quote name='stoned99']A christmas miracle occurred today, I actually found a MM and CJ at a CC (opened recently) near my work. They had 1 more CJ which I left for another CAGGER. The CC was on Seal Beach Blvd by the Target.

Excite Truck gets 23$ at GR[/QUOTE]

Glad you found a MM. I never knew CC opened another store in OC.

[quote name='FuelDigga']does anyone know if the price of CoJ dropped after last night? i'm at work or i'd call and ask them lol[/quote] Can post on boards but cant call a place? Must suck?

[quote name='sp00ge']$2? After tax, it's $5-6 hit.

..``44.99
...``x .06 (My local tax)
....``2.69
..`+44.99
..``47.68
...-$42.00
..``$5.68 (loss per game flipped to GS)

That's a pretty big hit when you flip 5-6 games.[/quote]

Good point, but seriously when you flip a $10 game (Beowulf) into credit I would rather take the hit then have to hold on to the BB credit.

[quote name='ironlion']Can post on boards but cant call a place? Must suck?[/quote]
Not all stores will give out prices. I had to call 4 stores before I got one that would give me a price.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Not all stores will give out prices. I had to call 4 stores before I got one that would give me a price.[/quote] Congratulations:applause:

pickup 2 more copies MM $3.79 each at sears today and flip $28.50 each at GR :). Also, GR BB have new PROMOTION start today.

Buy NEW DS LITE (any colors) get Free 4 weeks rental (not sure how many free movie or game you rent per day). Buy PS3 40 gigs, 60 Gigs or 80 Gigs you get 20 Weeks Free Rental (Movie or game). Not sure XBOX 360, Wii or PSP. I just saw the stickers on the BOXES.

My local blockbuster now has a wall of new games for sale in those protective cases you see at bestbuy. Looks like they're really expanding their game section. I think I saw 12 -15 ds lites in stock.

Monster Madness - $28.50
Call of Juarez - $15
DOAX2 - $19
Madden 06 - $8
Darkness - $32
Hour of Victory - $32
Over G Fighters - $25
Gears of War - $25
Two Worlds - $32
Blitz the League - $19
Marvel UA - $15
Forza 2 - $32
Amped 3 - $15
Cars - $8
Open Season - $15
Fuzion Frenzy 2 - $8
The Outfit - $8
Bomberman AZ - $6
Superman Returns - $15
Wartech - $2
Bullet Witch - $15
Bioshock - $28.50
Blue Dragon - $22
Orange Box - $30
Ninety Nine Nights - $8

:ps3:
Untold Legends - $20
Resistance - $30
Motorstorm - $30
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $33
All Pro Football 2K8 - $9

[quote name='V-G']I wonder if I could get some boxes and trade my M:UA and FMS2 pack-ins as individuals...[/QUOTE]

you could try trading them in disc only, BB/GR was taking disc only games a while ago, but I havent tried since.

[quote name='V-G']I wonder if I could get some boxes and trade my M:UA and FMS2 pack-ins as individuals...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did that. Just stuck Forza in a DVD case and took the artwork out of the other case. Traded both in without issue. There's one location near me that won't take games without box art, but just go to a different store if they say that.

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, I did that. Just stuck Forza in a DVD case and took the artwork out of the other case. Traded both in without issue. There's one location near me that won't take games without box art, but just go to a different store if they say that.[/QUOTE]
I got some cases I could use because the local BB/GR around won't take no-box games. Yes... Muhaha....

Thanks for the big list Kunai. I can add a few that are Target clearance games:

DiRT -$32 (14.98 @ TGT) :hot:
Far Cry -$19 (14.98 @ TGT) :cold:
Virtua Tennis 3 -$15 (12.48 @ TGT) :cold:

:ps2:
Jaws Unleashed -$16 (4.98 @ TGT) :hot:

Far Cry SHOULD be 14.98 @ 75% off, but I could swear I saw it for 10.98 at my Target. Probably a mistag, but even if it's not it's still not that flippable as I turn my nose up at anything less than double my money.

Also, Amped 3 is 7.48 @ TGT which makes it a decent flip. As far as Target clearance games go Blitz 360 and Jaws are tops.

Struck gold at Sears, price matched my earlier CC purchase of MM and picked up 4 copies (Left 5 more on the shelf), then picked up Hour of Victory on clearance from target for 14$.

For the wiki Excite Truck gets 23, and is on clearance at target for 12$

[quote name='djkunai']:360:
Darkness - $32
Hour of Victory - $32
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, and the B2G1 is happening again at GS the week after Christmas. So assuming you can get 2 HOVs and one Darkness (25 and 27 at GS), you can turn $52 into $96 credit at GR.

Anyone got any better combos to flip with the B2G1...?

[quote name='stoned99']Struck gold at Sears, price matched my earlier CC purchase of MM and picked up 4 copies (Left 5 more on the shelf), then picked up Hour of Victory on clearance from target for 14$.

For the wiki Excite Truck gets 23, and is on clearance at target for 12$[/quote]HOV is on clearance @ Target????? What % off is it at to be at 14? Was it an As Is sticker or something?

nlyonssmith wrote: "I saw a digital camera for sale at blockbuster today. Some "Flip" model for like $100 but its a step none the less."

It's funny to walk into any given Blockbuster with games in hand and to keep seeing the "Flip" display right at the entrance. Very appropriate, I'd say. ;)

Damn too bad my target doesn't have excite truck for $12. I'd have to add it to my Wii collection. My Walmart does however have the Darkeness for 360 for $9.99. Was going to pick up a couple of copies but I've decided against it.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Damn too bad my target doesn't have excite truck for $12. I'd have to add it to my Wii collection. My Walmart does however have the Darkeness for 360 for $9.99. Was going to pick up a couple of copies but I've decided against it.[/quote]

9.99 and you can flip it at 32.00? doesnt sound like a bad deal to me, its not a Monster Madness deal, but not too shabby.

[quote name='stone1061']Crimson DS Lite that Blockbuster is selling now has a 4 week games rental attached with purchase. YMMV. [/quote]The ad is attached to the Crimson DSlite, but it's valid on any DSlite color purchase.

You get a card valid for four DS game rentals, one per week for four consecutive weeks at the store where you made the purchase.

[quote name='jdawgg76']If you like racing games, you'll love dirt, especially if you like the Colin McRae series or the Rallisport series. It's a little more rallisport arcade-like than past cmr titles, but a lot of fun. It's also great for showing off graphical capabilities.[/quote]As you're a fellow Colin (*moment of silence*) Rallisport fan, I just want to let you know the the ps3 version is one of the few games out there where the ps3 port is superior to the 360 version. If you can hold out for a good price on the ps3 Dirt game, I recommend waiting. =)

Those BB's that have DS's in them.... are these GR's? or just regular blockbusters?

also, has anyone seen any in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area? ive called around those near me, but no one has any iodea about DS's, amazon gift cards, PSP's. =/

Well, the drop in Halo 3 was enough to make me think it wasn't worth spending all evening running around. It is funny because it isn't a huge difference, but psychologically it seems much less worthwhile to do it at a slight loss vs a slight gain like last week. So that made my family happy at least ;). I did head up to the ONE Gamecrazy in the entire area around me that actually follows the trade-in price match guarantee and traded one copy of Monster Madness there for $28.50 using the trade quote slip I got at Blockbuster yesterday. Their normal trade value is $12, so whoo-hoo and all that.

I still have another Monster Madness that I'll try taking to the ONE Blockbuster around here (out of several) that will maybe let me buy gift cards with the $5 bonus.

I also went to Target because there had been word of a new round of drops (and many of djkunai's last price quotes were clearly from Target clearance games ;)) but of course the store which had been filled to the brim with all those titles last week was wiped clean today. Oh well...

Edit - I'll have to try the Sears thing. It just seems that every time I try to do price matches they find some reason to shoot me down. Either they check stock at the store they are matching (which of course is always out) or something... I can't see how you guys are getting Sears to give you 3-4 copies at once. It seems they would limit you to one if nothing else. Frankly, I'm surprised at how bold some of you are with your dealings :lol:. When I was at Best Buy the other day and they couldn't get a hold of CC, they "counteroffered" 25% off on the ONE copy of MM I was trying to price match. They said 80% off was a no way no go! I'd imagine if I tried to being 4 of them up there they'd laugh me out of the building. Oh, and I also never seem to get the extra 10% on those rare occasions when I can get a price match done - then feel like it is too much to ask for that on top of the HUGE discount I'm already getting.

got 4 copies of MM for $4.20 @ Sears after pricematch. took to my blockbuster, dude remembered me from "that deal" a month or so ago. was cool. tried to trade in two copies of MM, they were like only 1 per transaction, was like come back tommorow thats all. so they gave me $28.50, & also gave me the tax back. so i got $30 for it. anyone did this b4?

Went to blockbuster, yeah i saw those Ds Lites...I already own two so probably not worth changing colors...So is blockbuster going to start carrying ipods too? What's the word on that?

I got $8 for nba live 06 traded at bb yesterday, I think all ea sports titles 06 may be that value (for 360). Every year before that is last gen so probably terrible trade in value. Also, IO I had difficulty pming at Best Buy Sunday as well. I tried to get 4 copies and this girl was an ass about it, called CC and said their computers were down there so they couldn't see inventory. IMO she was just lying to me so I would leave her the hell alone. I didnt put up a fight and left quietly but in hindsight should have because they basically refused to honor pm policy without any real reason. When I went to different Best buy picked up 2 copies and went to sears and got 2 copies no problem pming at either. Some employees/managers cover their ass a lot more than others while some are nice to customers and honor their company's policy. All depends on luck.

I ended up holding onto my blockbuster credit as well. the 600 dollar ps3 is now my goal.

If a gamestop trade in deal works out sometime in the future where I dont lose credit then Ill do it, as it was, I couldnt make myself lose dollars for the halo trade in.

[quote name='jmillion']got 4 copies of MM for $4.20 @ Sears after pricematch. took to my blockbuster, dude remembered me from "that deal" a month or so ago. was cool. tried to trade in two copies of MM, they were like only 1 per transaction, was like come back tommorow thats all. so they gave me $28.50, & also gave me the tax back. so i got $30 for it. anyone did this b4?[/quote]
Tell him to read their trade agreement. I know it also says near the end that the rules may change at any moment (something along those lines), but their trade agreement states that you may trade 2 of any copy per day, and for those having problems with stores saying credit can only be put on their account, the fine print states "The member may elect to apply the store credit to a blockbuster value card".

If any of you still have your copies, check the back. #9 is the details for the limitations, and #10 is what you can choose to put the credit on. I had an issue at one store, so i pulled out the agreement and had them read it out loud (she started to read it silently and i said 'sorry, i cant hear you'). Needless to say after that 'i cant hear you', she caved in and gave me the credit on my card, I doubt ill be going back to that store though.

It was a bit of an asshole move, but it got the job done. Dont fuck with a jew at christmas time ;-)

I keep missing out on all these trade deals...I may have to hit up SEARS around here. At least they have an online invnetory tracker...although, some call around and see that the games are not readily available at CC.

I'm up to like $240 in credit with MINIMAL flipping (2 Beowulf, 1 MM, 1 Red Steel).

What do I buy next though? Already have a PS3, 360 Elite, PSP (fat one), Wii. No interest in the DS as I barely play my PSP. I would upgrade that, but not worth it to me (although, my local BB did have the Star Wars edition).

I guess lots of games....

[quote name='Bezerker']Tell him to read their trade agreement. I know it also says near the end that the rules may change at any moment (something along those lines), but their trade agreement states that you may trade 2 of any copy per day, and for those having problems with stores saying credit can only be put on their account, the fine print states "The member may elect to apply the store credit to a blockbuster value card".

If any of you still have your copies, check the back. #9 is the details for the limitations, and #10 is what you can choose to put the credit on. I had an issue at one store, so i pulled out the agreement and had them read it out loud (she started to read it silently and i said 'sorry, i cant hear you'). Needless to say after that 'i cant hear you', she caved in and gave me the credit on my card, I doubt ill be going back to that store though.

It was a bit of an asshole move, but it got the job done. Dont fuck with a jew at christmas time ;-)[/quote]

I sure wouldn't feel bad about being an asshole. She sure was being an asshole to you. Paybacks are a bitch!

Anybody have an updated trade-in value for Madden 08? I bought this with pricematch to sears for $19, but it's the worst Madden i have ever played. I need to get rid of it.

Blockbuster.com's store locator has a column stating whether or not the store carries blu-rays. I'd start there and call any local stores you have that say they carry them.

[quote name='freshzen']Do any Blockbusters carry new Blu-rays for sale? I'd like to expel some credit on The Simpsons Movie before the weekend :)[/QUOTE]

I've never seen any....except Fantastic Four 2....that was it. Who knows, it may vary from store to store though.

I would like Madden 08 value also, as I have an extra copy from AMEX Wishlist. I cannot call right now though.

Nice Forza 2 is still that high....I will have to print out the cover art and trade it in since I got it bundled.

well after picking up the remaining 3 MM's at circuit city i headed over to target where i grabbed 5 copies of MM excpet when i took them to the register with the ad the lady stated they don't do price matches. i really didn't feel like standing their and arguing so i just left, i went to walmart where they had about 8 copies but it took about 30 minutes and 4 different managers just to get them to price match one copy so i didn't press my luck.

[quote name='FuelDigga']well after picking up the remaining 3 MM's at circuit city i headed over to target where i grabbed 5 copies of MM excpet when i took them to the register with the ad the lady stated they don't do price matches. i really didn't feel like standing their and arguing so i just left, i went to walmart where they had about 8 copies but it took about 30 minutes and 4 different managers just to get them to price match one copy so i didn't press my luck.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Target has pricematched for a couple of years now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back