The (old) GameRush/Blockbuster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

io

Staff member
Feedback
89 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Gamerush/Blockbuster video game deal thread.

First and foremost, please check out the
GameRush Trade-In Prices Wiki.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this thread for?
The primary function of this thread is to discuss current trade-in and sale promos and to post any trade-in values you have obtained. Please post trade-in values with the date of the trade (or quote) and system. One of the CAG Wiki editors will then add them to the Wiki.

It is also permissible to discuss system availability, credit issues, etc. As long as it is related to game trades or sales at Blockbuster it is generally OK to discuss it here.

Unlike more tightly focused clearance threads, it is OK to discuss more general Gamerush/Blockbuster issues here as well as trade requests as long as they are kept to a minimum (and usually just during specific deals, of which there are none currently).

Due to the questionable stability of the Gamerush brand, it is also permissible to discuss ways of converting credit from Blockbuster to other stores (ie, which games may be used for trading in to other stores such as Gamecrazy or EB/GS). As of right now, we have no indication of Gamerush's imminent demise, but given Blockbuster's ongoing financial difficulties we need to be aware of the possibility.

What is this thread NOT for?
There will be absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the recent doctored coupon. Do not discuss what you bought, what you traded it for, or anything else - all such posts will be deleted. Any discussion of that should be done here.

Also, it is bad form to discuss the flipping of games from one Gamerush store to another should another such opportunity arrive (through trade-in deals which we haven't had recently anyway). It is one thing to "play the market" with trade-in values from one chain to another (GR to GC to EB) - free market buy low/sell high and all that. But taking advantage of loopholes in a single store's policies/promos is frowned upon and has, in the past, led to trade-in bans from GR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Info
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your store account or onto a "Value" card
- Credit on store accounts can only be used at that one store
- However, credit can be transferred from the store account to a card at any time
- Value cards can be used at any location
- Gamerush stores often do not get new game stock until the Friday of the release week, thus a few days later than most retailers

Gamerush vs. regular Blockbusters
All Blockbuster game-related discussion belongs here. Most threads created in the Deals forum will be merged in to here. There seems to be the impression by many CAGs that if they don't have a Gamerush store near them then this thread does not apply to them. However, regular (non-GR) Blockbuster stores often run the same promos and generally have the same trade-in values.

The key differences:
- Only Gamerush stores sell new and used video game hardware, with the exception of the occasional new controller/memory card spotted at regular stores. (Edit - Some recent exceptions have cropped up: many regular BB stores had a PS3 bundle available over Christmas and a few stores have been reported to sell DS Lites).

- Only Gamerush stores allow for preorders of new games (though, it seems, many of those have even stopped taking preorders).

- While many Gamerush stores have cut back on their new game stock, some regular (non-GR) Blockbusters have started selling new games. They usually have a very limited selection of top-selling new 360, PS3, and Wii games. I will be maintaining a list below here for those with Blockbuster credit but no access to a GR store.

- Trade-in values are controlled centrally and are uniform across all Gamerush and Blockbuster locations EXCEPT if the Blockbuster is a franchise location. You can tell from the receipt if your store is a franchise store. All Gamerush stores are corporate-owned so they will have uniform pricing.

New games that may be available for purchase at select non-GR Blockbusters
For those with access to only regular Blockbuster stores but wanting to take advantage of the decent trade-in values Blockbuster offers, this is the list of new games being sold by some regular Blockbuster locations. Note that they will generally not get new games on the release date. They will most likely have them a few days to weeks later.

:ds:
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

:360:
Bioshock
Blue Dragon
Call of Duty 4
Guitar Hero III
Halo 3
Lego Star Wars TCS
Mass Effect
NBA Live 08
The Orange Box

:ps2:
Guitar Hero III
Spiderman Friend or Foe

:ps3:
80GB PS3 bundle for $600 (PS3, Surf's Up Blu-Ray, HDMI cable, 20-week rental card)
Assassin's Creed
Lego Star Wars TCS
NBA Live 08
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Rock Band bundle
Uncharted

:wii:
Guitar Hero III
NBA Live 08
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Galaxy

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time. The trade 3 get an extra $5 per game is still in affect at some (very select) locations.

Reported Trade-In Prices

Trade-In Price Wiki

anyone lucky enough to find jaws at their targets to kunai to BB? How does SEARS PM? Do I just bring in the ad and say, hey, I want all your copies of MM and 110% PM to 7.99? (of course, assuming if they have any MM in stock).

[quote name='nakanenui']anyone lucky enough to find jaws at their targets to kunai to BB? How does SEARS PM? Do I just bring in the ad and say, hey, I want all your copies of MM and 110% PM to 7.99? (of course, assuming if they have any MM in stock).[/quote]

Buy them first (I'd suggets individually, but a mass group *might* work), then go back an hour or two later with the CC ad and price match.

Well, my BB has teh PS3 bundle, but I'm a far cry away, at $231, from affording it. No DS Lites or anything else.

Maybe I should pick up some sealed GH3, COD4 and Assassin's Creed and trade/sell them at a discount.

Saved time and gas, was able to use Blockbuster credit for two Guitar Hero 3's for the Wii. Quickly flipped onto ebay and both sold with an hour. Priced to sell and get cash for the credit i used.
Better option than taking the $6(on each) hit plus time and gas trying to flip 4 Halo 3's.

Still have $130 left at Blockbuster.
Might try to find one more, keep the credit off the value cards.

Anything good next week at Gamestop Used to flip?
Darkness, Hour of Victory still?
Will Blockbuster do trade value drops on Christmas?

[quote name='FuelDigga']well after picking up the remaining 3 MM's at circuit city i headed over to target where i grabbed 5 copies of MM excpet when i took them to the register with the ad the lady stated they don't do price matches. i really didn't feel like standing their and arguing so i just left, i went to walmart where they had about 8 copies but it took about 30 minutes and 4 different managers just to get them to price match one copy so i didn't press my luck.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad that my local WalMart matched the CC ad with no hassle. I was expecting it that's for sure. They let me match 2 MM's because that's all they had otherwise, I'd have gotten 3 more.
IO, I'm sorry you have such bad luck with the price matching. I've had waves of that kind of luck. Hang in there, maybe the tide will turn.

My Best Buy matched the CC Monster Madness price as well. I was actually surprised because they usually call to make sure it's in stock (which, of course, it wasn't). Guess with it being pretty busy with the holiday rush, they didn't want to bother. Picked up two copies.

Anyway, traded in one copy for $28. Will hit another Blockbuster after work. Basically can get a new $60 game for $20 out of pocket. Not too shabby.

[quote name='T3ntman']sears will not for the life of me price match the cc mm price.[/quote]

I had the same trouble in NF, NY. The girl working was about to do it but sucked at using a calculator for the 110%. Then some old hag comes over and says she has to call CC to see if cc has the games in stock. WTF ! Turns out another cager already tried this yesterday at the same Sears. If I lived in Makeoutwithyoursister, Nebraska - This wouldn't be a problem! Needless to say I was shutout also !

I'm so pissed!

Note: Spy Games for Wii trades in at Blockbuster for $15/$16 . I didn't see that game posted yet. I got that off amazon.com 2 weeks ago. :)

[quote name='guinaevere']As you're a fellow Colin (*moment of silence*) Rallisport fan, I just want to let you know the the ps3 version is one of the few games out there where the ps3 port is superior to the 360 version. If you can hold out for a good price on the ps3 Dirt game, I recommend waiting. =)[/quote]Thanks, I saw that and I know reviewers said that the 360 had framerate issues, but I haven't seen anything bad yet although I'm only 2/3 thru career because of time constraints and CoD4. The controls are a touch floaty, but not as bad as some others. Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 yet, but I may build my credit for one. If they ever come out with a WRC 6 I'll definitely get one! Importing the WRC series was the sole reason of me getting onto ebay and it was well worth it. I should take my european WRC 5 into BB and ask for trade in value just to watch them go around in circles.

A little more on topic, XBLA Unplugged is 3.97 at Sears. I thought about buying a couple copies, using the one month live code and trading the games in, but they're not in my GR's computer when I called and not in the wiki. I know it was clearanced in BB's last clearance, but I figured it would still get some sort of value. Anyone know?

Any word on the outcome of having your "account frozen?" I got 'busted' last when the manager found out that I traded Beowulf in at two different times on the same day (different people working there each time) and then when I came in the next day the manger happened to be working the register and said my account has been "frozen due to flipping issues" (eventhough they didn't even have any used games to be flipped in the first place). I also don't know if the credit was on my "account" or on gift cards. Any way to tell whats going on wihout going back into the store and possibly creating a sceene? Even if I just wanted to go in to buy some stuff I have a feeling they'll try to bust my balls over this.

[quote name='Killdozer']Any word on the outcome of having your "account frozen?" I got 'busted' last when the manager found out that I traded Beowulf in at two different times on the same day (different people working there each time) and then when I came in the next day the manger happened to be working the register and said my account has been "frozen due to flipping issues" (eventhough they didn't even have any used games to be flipped in the first place). I also don't know if the credit was on my "account" or on gift cards. Any way to tell whats going on wihout going back into the store and possibly creating a sceene? Even if I just wanted to go in to buy some stuff I have a feeling they'll try to bust my balls over this.[/QUOTE]

I would think that BB will not allow you to trade anymore. However, BB cannot take your credit away. You should go into BB and put the in-store credit onto a Value and shop at a BB that you feel better about. Besides, trading two of the same game at different locations is not flipping. Heck, trading two games at one location is not considered flipping according to BB.

I had to sign up for a new BB account since the one I had for years and years got erased I guess. They told me if you hadn't been to a Blockbuster in the past 2 or 3 months your account got deleted. I was cool with that cause I'm pretty sure I had a $10 late fee from the previous summer.

Anyway once I'm in all of BBs systems I'll start trading it no more than 2 or 3 copies of the same game at one location. I traded in like 6 copies of Beowulf to one of the two stores I opened an account at--I'm sure that will create problems in the future.

[quote name='freshzen']I had to sign up for a new BB account since the one I had for years and years got erased I guess. They told me if you hadn't been to a Blockbuster in the past 2 or 3 months your account got deleted. I was cool with that cause I'm pretty sure I had a $10 late fee from the previous summer.

Anyway once I'm in all of BBs systems I'll start trading it no more than 2 or 3 copies of the same game at one location. I traded in like 6 copies of Beowulf to one of the two stores I opened an account at--I'm sure that will create problems in the future.[/QUOTE]

nope, thats not right. If you have a balance due to blockbuster, you should make sure they are not sending you to collections. not good to have your credit score ruined over some $10 late fee. but if you went in and your 'old' account card still works, you are probably lucky and didnt owe them money in the first place. on the other hand, I personally do not know what blockbuster does if you have a positive credit balance on your account and have not used if for months or years. I know for a fact that one worker there got busted for using credit from people's accounts to buy stuff for himself. he got caught and fired. hopefully they refunded the stolen credit, and fortunately, I had all my credit on value cards so it didnt affect me.

Eh, I went in there and handed them my old card and they couldn't find me. They explained how old accounts were recently deleted.

I'd flip out if I all the sudden had Blockbuster on my ass over a $10 late fee that never got paid. I would be shocked if they actually dealt with collections over such a small amount of money, unless they somehow said I owed interest. Now that would be some shit, I'd definitely start screwing Blockbuster over as much and as hard as I possibly could :)

WTF...I went into 3 stores today to try and trade in the 1 copy of Monster Madness I was able to get my hands on and was denied trade in at all three! The cashiers at the first two just responded with lines like "I'm sorry we aren't allowed to take any trades of this game..." I was able to talk with one of the managers at the third store and she said that the stores in the area have received too many copies in trade and that "people" were buying the game online for cheaper that the trade in value. I asked her how many were traded in and she said over 15 copies and they were multiple people that were "turned in" as she put it. I'm sure they just had their accounts banned but she wouldn't divulge specifics.

DAMNIT ...now I have to figure out what to do with this unopened copy of the game seeing as I have no desire to play the game. Has this happened to anyone else?

Just cashed out, ended up with enough to buy a Wii at GS, 1 copy of Halo 3 left over to trade tomorrow, 1600 xbl point card from GR, new copy of mass effect, copy of superbad dvd, $20 blockbuster gift card, and no grief from either GR or GS, other than my own personal shame and a few questions like "You're trading two of the same game?" and "You know you're buying 3 of the same game." Anyway my nearest Gamerush got a crapload of copies of rock band shipped into the store today for all systems. Also they seem to be adding display cases for systems, interesting developments.

BTW fiddle just play the damn thing it only cost 8 bucks and from what I hear is not the worst game ever, probably worthwhile for that price (Beowulf? not so much). Otherwise trade it in or try more blockbusters if you despise the thought of playing it that much.

[quote name='x_fiddle']WTF...I went into 3 stores today to try and trade in the 1 copy of Monster Madness I was able to get my hands on and was denied trade in at all three! The cashiers at the first two just responded with lines like "I'm sorry we aren't allowed to take any trades of this game..." I was able to talk with one of the managers at the third store and she said that the stores in the area have received too many copies in trade and that "people" were buying the game online for cheaper that the trade in value. I asked her how many were traded in and she said over 15 copies and they were multiple people that were "turned in" as she put it. I'm sure they just had their accounts banned but she wouldn't divulge specifics.

DAMNIT ...now I have to figure out what to do with this unopened copy of the game seeing as I have no desire to play the game. Has this happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yes it has. This same thing happened to me with Meet the Robinsons on Xbox 360 when I went to trade it in at two of my local GR they told me that they had too many of them so they wouldn't let anyone trade copies into their stores so I had to go to a neighborhood BB to trade it in.

iconxbox360.gif

Flatout UC: $22
Stranglehold: $28.50

[quote name='x_fiddle']WTF...I went into 3 stores today to try and trade in the 1 copy of Monster Madness I was able to get my hands on and was denied trade in at all three! The cashiers at the first two just responded with lines like "I'm sorry we aren't allowed to take any trades of this game..." I was able to talk with one of the managers at the third store and she said that the stores in the area have received too many copies in trade and that "people" were buying the game online for cheaper that the trade in value. I asked her how many were traded in and she said over 15 copies and they were multiple people that were "turned in" as she put it. I'm sure they just had their accounts banned but she wouldn't divulge specifics.

DAMNIT ...now I have to figure out what to do with this unopened copy of the game seeing as I have no desire to play the game. Has this happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

why don't you trade it at GS with coupon (30%) + edge? Sure...you'll only get 15 bucks but you'll still make profit nonetheless.

Madden 2008 trades in for 32. You can buy it as Sears by pricematching it from CC with the print mistake for about 19.xx tax included. That's a nice $12 profit.

Speaking of Sears, just picked up a bunch of stuff to kunai, but also found
something awesome just sitting out in the open. Check the bragging forum for spoilers. I know you hate me... ;)

Finished trading in my MM's, without any problems. But I did find another nice profit item at 1 of the 4 targets I visited tonight. Dynasty Warriors 5 is on clearance for 10, and it gets 19$ at GR/BB, so happy hunting. I also checked the price of Marble Mania (also 10$ at Target), it only fetches 13$ so I decided to keep that one.

You can always tell when trading in a game will become a problem. When this thread grows pages a day for 1 or 2 games, you know it will be flipped like crazy. Then the "I been banned" or "my account is frozen" posts. Seems to happen about once every 3 months. Before you know it we will be back down to about 20 people posting in the thread and the cycle goes on...

Got $28.50 at a BB (apparently I'm allowed to trade there, but the manager didn't even check my ID...) and matched at GameCrazy across the street for two MMs. I picked up DDR Extreme ($13), Harvest Moon Save the Homeland ($7), and Yanya Caballista City Skater ($9) with my earnin's, plus .Hack Infection vol. 1 ($10) and Baten Kaitos: ETatLO (SEALED $18) with credit I had from Beowolf matchin'.

however, I didn't realize YCCS is about $9 NEW on Amazon, and there's a big sticker on the disc...plus, they forgot the actual game disc for .Hack, so they're both getting returned tomorrow. I might keep .Hack if they can provide the actual game disc.

EDIT: Was actually the original Baten Kaitos...I had Origins in duplicate from the K-Mart clearance.

Actually guys I wouldnt worry about getting frozen or banned. I was trading multiple copies but made sure I checked out the website and the trade agreement. So heres what happened in summary

1) went to store to trade (went day before with 2 of each copy of 3 dif games)
2) denied because I traded the same games the day before so I left and went to another BB
3) Went to other BB and told my account had been frozen for trading in multiple copies
4) asked for DM number and called and went back to store that froze me
5) asked why and she beat around the bush basically saying she thought I stole a bunch of games
6) busted out a receipt and she quickly caught on that I was buying them at a large discount
7) contacted her district manager and called me back the next day
8) district manager said that I was following the trade agreement of 2 copies a day of same game and that nothing can be done store level it was a loop hole that I discovered but asked politely not to abuse it
9) I went in and traded today no problems

PS gamestop is only paying like 8 bucks for monster madness when I went. So I guess they adjusted before the 30% coupon based on best buys ad vs BB paying 28$

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks, I saw that and I know reviewers said that the 360 had framerate issues, but I haven't seen anything bad yet although I'm only 2/3 thru career because of time constraints and CoD4. The controls are a touch floaty, but not as bad as some others. Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 yet, but I may build my credit for one. If they ever come out with a WRC 6 I'll definitely get one! Importing the WRC series was the sole reason of me getting onto ebay and it was well worth it. I should take my european WRC 5 into BB and ask for trade in value just to watch them go around in circles.

A little more on topic, XBLA Unplugged is 3.97 at Sears. I thought about buying a couple copies, using the one month live code and trading the games in, but they're not in my GR's computer when I called and not in the wiki. I know it was clearanced in BB's last clearance, but I figured it would still get some sort of value. Anyone know?[/quote]
My Blockbuster has a used copy for 9.99, so I'd say they aren't worth much TIV.

On a side note, my BB shockingly has a copy of The Guy Game (PS2) for $6.99. I know it's rare, but how rare? Anyone know?

Kengo Legend of the 9 for 360 trades for $22 and NHL 08 360 trades for $36/$38 @ Blockbuster. Gingerbread man for Wii trades in for $16 :(

Can someone Start a BB Trade Price List? That would be cool and very helpfull! Thanks!

[quote name='GameReeper']Can someone Start a BB Trade Price List? That would be cool and very helpfull! Thanks![/QUOTE]
Use the CAG wiki.

i wound up flipping another 4 copys today, although my secondary GR gave me a bit of a hassel trading the games in. one of the managers was around and when i asked to trade the games up and the cashier pulled up my account he noticed i had traded in 2 copies back on the 16th. he then called his manager over to look at the screen who said she had to call another manager to check it out. so she went into the back and then after about 5 minutes said that they could do the trade, in the process she gave a smart remark of how would i get 4 copies of the same game, since i pretty much felt accused of stealing at that point i bluntly said i got them by paying for them. did my transaction and left. i guess i'll have to lay low on that GR as i'm not wanting to get banned or frozen. although my primary one took the games with no hassel and no questions. i guess it just wasn't my day for managers lol.

on the side note at this point i've traded in 8 copies of MM and still have 4 left. my total credit right now is about $248 dollars. not bad for my first attempt at flipping.

Store Managers dont work on Sundays. At least in my area, they have MOD (manager on duty), which is just a regular employee for the most part.

When trading in 2 copies of MM tonight I noticed at my Blockbuster which is not a Gamerush, they had the new Need For Speed for PS3 for $45......yet every other system was at the regular price.

Has anyone else noticed this or did they just have the wrong price on the game?

Well, just found out today even my little podunk town's local Blockbuster is selling that PS3 bundle. Except now they've inflated it to being an over $1000 value (with over $400 in savings!) because they consider the 5 Blu-Ray movies (that you get free with any player) to be worth $150 :roll:. And they think the HDMI cable is worth $80 :lol:.

Did no trading today but I was shocked that it was easy to rent the Simpson's movie a day late. It seems they had WAY too many copies (still 40-50 left to rent Weds afternoon). (Used a free rental courtesy of Coke Rewards of course).

I might have to check my GR store. I'm trying to figure out what they have in stock that I would be able to convert into cash the easiest. I have $300 (20x$15) in gift cards. I was hoping maybe they would get the Zelda DS bundles in but no go so far. It will also be fun to see the employees freak when I walk in there to make a $300 purchase using 20 gift cards (I could make it 21 if I wanted to use the remaining $40 on my value card from my MM flip).

Man, i feel sorry for the people having trouble. Its amazing how Kunaii has yet to have his trade records pulled. Depending on how far they go back, im sure mine wouldnt look to good either.

Back in the Kuon $8 GS -> $29 Gamerush days, i think i traded over 15. There was one guy who always said "Come to give us more Kuon's?" everytime i came in. I guess its better for him to say that then "sorry, your account has been banned for trading too many of the same game".

The way that I really never got too noticed is that I made sure to see when the person i just traded with is working next. Needless to say, trading 4 games to the same person in two days would raise an eyebrow depending on the person.

[quote name='Bezerker']Man, i feel sorry for the people having trouble. Its amazing how Kunaii has yet to have his trade records pulled. Depending on how far they go back, im sure mine wouldn't look to good either.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I think kunai just has had extreme luck in GR trading. I guess some think they can pull of that same sort of craziness but instead are getting banned.
[quote name='Bezerker']The way that I really never got too noticed is that I made sure to see when the person i just traded with is working next. Needless to say, trading 4 games to the same person in two days would raise an eyebrow depending on the person.[/QUOTE] I do the exact same thing. With Beowulf I probably traded in 6-7 copies but spread over 4 stores over the course of 3 days. I'd never trade consecutive days to the same employee even though I'm sure that a few of the lax employee's would probably let me trade in 2 at the same time. IMO it's better not to raise suspicion and trade in cautiously.

I went into another store down here and again got denied for MM so it looks like I'll be messing around with it then ebaying or turning it in to GS. A BB employee there reported to me that his store alone received 16 copies in 3 days and 3 individuals got in trouble for each trading in the game multiple times at multiple stores.

People are just greedy or dumb (or both) for this to happen.

I should have known something like this was going to happen when every CC and BB store within a 15 mile radius was cleared out of Monster Madness a few days before the sale. (Its funny I went to a CC store this morning and actually found a few MM back in stock which I am guessing one of the banned BB account kids returned due to them being useless in this whole area now).

[quote name='x_fiddle']Agreed, I think kunai just has had extreme luck in GR trading. I guess some think they can pull of that same sort of craziness but instead are getting banned.
I do the exact same thing. With Beowulf I probably traded in 6-7 copies but spread over 4 stores over the course of 3 days. I'd never trade consecutive days to the same employee even though I'm sure that a few of the lax employee's would probably let me trade in 2 at the same time. IMO it's better not to raise suspicion and trade in cautiously.

I went into another store down here and again got denied for MM so it looks like I'll be messing around with it then ebaying or turning it in to GS. A BB employee there reported to me that his store alone received 16 copies in 3 days and 3 individuals got in trouble for each trading in the game multiple times at multiple stores.

People are just greedy or dumb (or both) for this to happen.

I should have known something like this was going to happen when every CC and BB store within a 15 mile radius was cleared out of Monster Madness a few days before the sale. (Its funny I went to a CC store this morning and actually found a few MM back in stock which I am guessing one of the banned BB account kids returned due to them being useless in this whole area now).[/quote]

Where are you located ?

[quote name='paddlefoot']Finally got Sears to PM 2 copies of MM yesterday. Will post later how it was accomplished.[/quote]

Also, in regards to this, Sears actually PM's online offers (including shipping in the total cost). I'm going to mess around with CC online and get Monster Madness in my cart (tee hee hee) and PM later today. Even PMing it to $10.77 will get me to about $7 after 110%.

[quote name='Bezerker']Man, i feel sorry for the people having trouble. Its amazing how Kunaii has yet to have his trade records pulled. Depending on how far they go back, im sure mine wouldnt look to good either.

Back in the Kuon $8 GS -> $29 Gamerush days, i think i traded over 15. There was one guy who always said "Come to give us more Kuon's?" everytime i came in. I guess its better for him to say that then "sorry, your account has been banned for trading too many of the same game".

The way that I really never got too noticed is that I made sure to see when the person i just traded with is working next. Needless to say, trading 4 games to the same person in two days would raise an eyebrow depending on the person.[/quote]

You know it all comes down to the store manager, if they seem to be assholes in any way I would just avoid that store. When I was banned it all pointed back to one particular manager, who had always given me the stink eye when I traded. She simply called the DM who banned me at all the GR's in his area for was an accidental flip on my part, I had bought a game earlier in the week and traded it back to the same store. I simply gave her the ammunition that she had been waiting for. I recently opened a trade account at another BB, and was given the third degree by the manager, he was particularly offended by the balance of my edge card. So I purposly keep my balance below 200$ by either preordering games or transferring credit into gift cards.

I've also noticed that by preordering/buying games from a particular store, you gain a certain degree of flexibility. The managers obviously have quota's and you're seen as helping their bottom line.

I have always gone with the spread the games to as many stores as possible route. It was easy as hell when I was consulting because I would just hit whatever store I was near that day. Now if I decide to flip I do it at stores on the commute home. I pass a half dozen stores easy depending on the route I take. It also helps not to try and trade 12 copies of the same freaking game in 2 days. I keep the credit on multiple cards as well so I don't have a single card with hundreds of dollars on it. Basically I never load credit on a card after the initial trade. I end up with a bunch of cards $50-$100, but I just used the credit on games over time...

My flipping days might be limited now since I am moving this weekend and won't have a commute anymore. Its funny how there are only a handful of us here who have been doing this since GR concept was open and haven't had a problem. Only other thing I can say is if you believe you are starting to draw attention at a store lay low and skip the store for awhile. They only thing that almost tripped me up over the years is when employees are transfered...

Local CCs in Greenville, SC were cleaned out of Monster Madness, but I successfully priced matched at Sears. Got it for $3.79+ tax after their 10% of the difference (it's $49.99 there). Now, I'm $28.50 richer at GR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back