The OTT needs a villain. Come annoy us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
The ideal candidate will have to meet some or most of the following qualifications:

• Signs their name at the end of each post
  • Entitled or know it all teenager
  • Makes a lot of Family Guy references
  • Loves everything about Japan and Japanese gaming
  • Has an unhealthy obsession with something - ie dolls
  • Republican
  • Oblivious to or unaffected by insults
  • Brags about flipping
  • Makes outrageous grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Women soccer... you can't be serious that's the best joke I've heard.[/QUOTE]

Granted I only watch the national team in the bigger games and could care less about everything else. Also, the majority of them are gorgeous just like the majority that were at my college that I was friends with. Also Also, they play better than most men.

[quote name='munch']One of the boldest opinions ever.[/QUOTE]

C'mon man it isn't even close to being that bold. I tend to like Tarantino movies aside from Kill Bill, but I will stand by my assertion that it has incredibly shitty acting. I know it might be part of the schtick of the movie, but it feels forced and fake. That movie certainly doesn't have the natural flow that Jackie Brown or even Death Proof does and both of them have similar subject matter (revenge).

My main reason for comparing the two is that they take abstract parts of life and build dialogue/situations around them. I am not stating that they are equal or anything like that, just that the reasons for dismissing his whole body of work could equally be applied to some of Tarantino's works.

And I thought by this point that everyone knew that I absolutely hate Kill Bill. Yeah it sucks. Volume 1 is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen in the theater. Volume 2 isn't as bad, but it doesn't make up for the utter disappointment that is Volume 1.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Women soccer... you can't be serious that's the best joke I've heard.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you have never heard of the WNBA?

[quote name='Maklershed']The ideal candidate will have to meet some or most of the following qualifications:

• Brags about flipping
[/QUOTE]

Where's Confoosious? Didn't he flip like, 18 copies of Mario All-Stars for the Nintendo Wii?

Kill Bill is my favorite film ever. I would tell you to suck the biggest dick you could find, but you're my boy so you get a pass.

I once bought 8 copies of Geist for $5 each at Toys 'R' Us, and then traded them in, sealed, at GameCrazy for $20 each. (Although the trade-in value gradually declined to $18.xx)

Next time I was in, the manager, who looked like Kevin Federline, tried putting me on blast, and I played super-hyper-ultra-omega dumb and said that they came with a GameCube I bought on eBay, and kept one, but didn't know what else to do with the other 8.

Come @ me, bwo!

[quote name='silentevil']Perhaps you have never heard of the WNBA?[/QUOTE]

Funny how in the NBA, a dunk is a normal occurrence, but in the WNBA, a dunk stops the presses.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']

Hey, anyone here ever use an e-cigarette?[/QUOTE]

We bought my FIL the premium Magma set (after we got tired of waiting on the V2's to ship). You want it? He's off 'em you can have it (cancer will do that).

Be warned: Some people buy those things and never quit, they just quit being smokers and become vape-ers or whatever.

Why do you ask?

On the topic of tobacco, anyone ever been to a hookah( spelling)? My friends always go but I don't really get the appeal.

[quote name='Maklershed']The ideal candidate will have to meet some or most of the following qualifications:

• Republican
  • Brags about flipping
[/QUOTE]

you forgot likes to brag about modding their ocnsole

[quote name='seanr1221']Well OTT, I think I'm gonna pop the question before summer is over. Saw a ring at Tiffanys I liked.[/QUOTE]

best advice I can give? Bring a picture of it to an old fashioned, local, independent jeweler. The type that will customize jewelry and do repairs, etc. Tiffany's is nice, don't get me wrong, but they're way overpriced and you can get a much larger, better quality diamond for a lot less in the same setting. You're paying for the blue box and when she's wearing it no one else will be able to tell it's a Tiffany's. I had a Tiffany ring picked out until we started seriously shopping for diamonds and I saw the difference in quality/size. Unless she's a brand whore, it's not worth it.

There is an old-fashioned jeweler down the street from my office and not only did they customize my ring (they moved the setting from being straight to being rotated on a 90 degree bias) they've taken care of me. I've needed it re-sized several times and they've only charged me for it once. When it fell off my finger (while I was losing weight) and it bounced across a parking lot, they straightened it out, fixed the prongs and polished it like nothing had ever happened. And any time I stop in, which is once per week usually, they'll clean it and polish it at no charge, along with making sure the stones are all secure, etc.

[quote name='Chika']you forgot likes to brag about modding their ocnsole

best advice I can give? Bring a picture of it to an old fashioned, local, independent jeweler. The type that will customize jewelry and do repairs, etc. Tiffany's is nice, don't get me wrong, but they're way overpriced and you can get a much larger, better quality diamond for a lot less in the same setting. You're paying for the blue box and when she's wearing it no one else will be able to tell it's a Tiffany's. I had a Tiffany ring picked out until we started seriously shopping for diamonds and I saw the difference in quality/size. Unless she's a brand whore, it's not worth it.

There is an old-fashioned jeweler down the street from my office and not only did they customize my ring (they moved the setting from being straight to being rotated on a 90 degree bias) they've taken care of me. I've needed it re-sized several times and they've only charged me for it once. When it fell off my finger (while I was losing weight) and it bounced across a parking lot, they straightened it out, fixed the prongs and polished it like nothing had ever happened. And any time I stop in, which is once per week usually, they'll clean it and polish it at no charge, along with making sure the stones are all secure, etc.[/QUOTE]

Why are you stopping it at a jeweller's once a week? Are you trading illegal diamonds?

Yeah, I'm using the Tiffanys as a standard right now.

At least H color, VSI clarity, platinum, 6 pronged band.

If I can get that, but cheaper at an independent jeweler, I'd be all for it. All the commercial ones I went to today were trying to sell me terrible quality cuts/colors/clarity...I blame all the young kids getting married.

[quote name='JStryke']Funny how in the NBA, a dunk is a normal occurrence, but in the WNBA, a dunk stops the presses.[/QUOTE]
You read my mind sir.

[quote name='seanr1221']Well OTT, I think I'm gonna pop the question before summer is over. Saw a ring at Tiffanys I liked.[/QUOTE]

Good luck, buddy!

[quote name='seanr1221']Yeah, I'm using the Tiffanys as a standard right now.

At least H color, VSI clarity, platinum, 6 pronged band.

If I can get that, but cheaper at an independent jeweler, I'd be all for it. All the commercial ones I went to today were trying to sell me terrible quality cuts/colors/clarity...I blame all the young kids getting married.[/QUOTE]

A small, private place will do better than a chain for sure. If they're really good, they'll bring back diamonds on loan from a broker once a week or twice a month for you to look at before you purchase it. They'll also immediately point out any flaws in the stone.

Mine is a princess cut 1 carat G color, I clarity (only because it has a 1mm white occlusion so it doesn't make it look murky and it's along the bottom right facet so it is entirely hidden by the prong) set in platinum. Since it's a princess cut it only has 4 prongs. The band has fourteen round perfect G color prong-set 2-point diamonds.

Platinum is very soft and scratches/dents easily. Normal wear-and-tear is a bitch. My mom's ring from my stepdad is 14ct white gold and it stays much shinier for much longer since it's much harder. In hindsight, we should have gone with white gold - at the time it just so happened that the band we picked was platinum. I think you said she's a nurse. If she is, you might want to think about white gold instead for practical reasons. You also can't do a wedding band and engagement ring in different materials if she plans to wear the two rings together because gold will wear down the softer platinum ring next to it.

If you want to see pictures of my ring or you want more details, Frosty and I would be happy to help you out. We really lucked out, the band itself ended up being on sale when he was ready to purchase it. We customized each individual piece, the band, the setting and picked the exact stone so I have a one-of-a-kind ring. I have at least one person every day ask me about it since it's so unique.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just discovered BlueNile.com.

Put together a .75ct, I color, VS1 clarity, ideal cut, platinum band for 4,000.00

Huzzah!

EDIT: yeah you can send pictures my way. Are they on Facebook at all? I know she wants a round shape for sure. She doesnt like any of the other shapes.

And I was under the impression Plat>White gold. That's good to know, especially since WG is cheaper.

[quote name='seanr1221']Just discovered BlueNile.com.

Put together a .75ct, I color, VS1 clarity, ideal cut, platinum band for 4,000.00

Huzzah!

EDIT: yeah you can send pictures my way. Are they on Facebook at all? I know she wants a round shape for sure. She doesnt like any of the other shapes.

And I was under the impression Plat>White gold. That's good to know, especially since WG is cheaper.[/QUOTE]

That's a competitive price.

Don't rule out buying a loose stone directly from a gem broker and then having it set.

I managed 2.25c VS1/H/ VG on cut/polish/sym in a princess cut for not too much more than you are talking about and had a setting made (to be fair this was 6 years ago). Also had 2 x .75c rubies included for a three stone mount.

It's more work, but the savings are big.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Don't rule out buying a loose stone directly from a gem broker and then having it set.

I managed 2.25c VS1/H/ VG on cut/polish/sym in a princess cut for not too much more than you are talking about and had a setting made (to be fair this was 6 years ago). Also had 2 x .75c rubies included for a three stone mount.

It's more work, but the savings are big.[/QUOTE]

My grandmother got hers that way. They went to the gem brokers in the Empire State Building. The whole process was a special occasion. He had given her a plain gold band promise ring and didn't have money to get a diamond ring until after they were actually married.

It's 1:30 am and I'm still watching live coverage of the WSOP. This would be so much better if they showed the players cards instead of waiting for them to fold.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Don't rule out buying a loose stone directly from a gem broker and then having it set.

It's more work, but the savings are big.[/QUOTE]

This is what I did. But it's much easier to do in a city because there's a jewelry district here. But I got to pick my diamond, and they explained the differences with everything, and then I had a custom made setting done which is what the mrs. wanted from another person. All and all much cheaper. For example, I learned that if you buy a .99c as opposed to a 1c you save a ton of money because they ramp up the prices at each .5

Hmmm.. I only meet these criteria:

Loves everything about Japan and Japanese gaming
Oblivious to or unaffected by insults
Brags about flipping

Do I qualify?

If I lived with my parents still, that could put me in the running.

I'm about 90% moved into my new house now. I have to move in odds and ends like empty game boxes, CDs, DVDs, etc. I'll be changing my address over on everything soon.

Morning, OTT. We can always petition that jj get reinstated.

Congrats! I got a head start, in that my mother gave me the diamond from her grandmothers engagement ring. Not only was it an antique .75c "Miners Cut" but it was free. So we were able to get a setting custom made that Mrs. Number83 designed (2 carats total). 10 years later, I bought her a blue diamond anniversary band when we were in the caribbean.

[quote name='munch']Does anyone have the fallout 3 DLC disc that I can borrow?[/QUOTE]

I think I have 2 discs with the DLC...but let me go home and check first. Pretty sure I do though.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT. We can always petition that jj get reinstated.

Congrats! I got a head start, in that my mother gave me the diamond from her grandmothers engagement ring. Not only was it an antique .75c "Miners Cut" but it was free. So we were able to get a setting custom made that Mrs. Number83 designed (2 carats total). 10 years later, I bought her a blue diamond anniversary band when we were in the caribbean.

I think I have 2 discs with the DLC...but let me go home and check first. Pretty sure I do though.[/QUOTE]

I bought our engagement/wedding ring at Kay jewelrs. I'm not a very innovative or creative person. Added one of those enhancer bands with more stones later one for our 11 year anniversary. (I think I was sick on our 10th).

I'd like the Fallout DLC content too but don't want to pay $10 for it. Why won't this go on sale? There can't be much of a demand for it now that tehy're releasing DLC for the NEXT game.

Howdy all. Busy day today. Kind of not minding being at work as this AC is $. Its like 100 degrees and insanely humid outside.

[quote name='Brak']Next time I was in, the manager, who looked like Kevin Federline, tried putting me on blast[/QUOTE]

I loled at this.

Congrats! Pro-tip: When you do it and she says yes, tell her that its off if she scares you one more time.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']On the topic of tobacco, anyone ever been to a hookah?[/QUOTE]

I've used one

[quote name='h3llbring3r']We bought my FIL the premium Magma set (after we got tired of waiting on the V2's to ship). You want it? He's off 'em you can have it (cancer will do that).

Be warned: Some people buy those things and never quit, they just quit being smokers and become vape-ers or whatever.

Why do you ask?[/QUOTE]

How much do you want for it?

I want to get one for my wife. Even if she just switches to them full time, it's better than that actual cancer sticks.

[quote name='panzerfaust']every kiss begins with kay

-panzer[/QUOTE]

• Republican
  • Brags about flipping
[/QUOTE]

OOO, we got one that signs his posts!

[quote name='Maklershed']

Congrats! Pro-tip: When you do it and she says yes, tell her that its off if she scares you one more time.

[/QUOTE]

That was his thread on NeoGAF. Wrong forum. ;)

Why does Itunes seem to burn the tag information when I make audio CDs but windows media player doesn't? i really like having the track/artist name come up when I hit 'info' on the car CD player. It's been missing since I switched from Itunes to windows media player for my ubiquitous burning.

[quote name='Chika']OOO, we got one that signs his posts![/QUOTE]

Nah, he's just trollin'. He doesn't normally sign his posts. He's no ~HotShotX. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back