The Pacific Blu ray 38.99 Amazon

bizman316

CAGiversary!
The Pacific blu ray is 38.99 at Amazon. It is also 50% off at Best Buy Right now which makes it $39.99 and they have an exclusive look at the actual events of the Battle of Peleliu if you are interested. I bought it at Best Buy for the Best Buy exclusive. It is about $4 more at Best Buy but I think the exclusive disc makes it worth the extra money. It is up to you though if you are interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-HBO-M...B54A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292810420&sr=8-1

This is sooooo worth that price. Another excellent series from HBO. This price is great too. I may have to pass because I've just spent too much this holiday and with the Steam and Gamefly sales starting this week somethings gotta give.

[quote name='Demon Soul']I don't see amazon selling it. I guess they ran out of stock quick![/QUOTE]

The link in my first post should take you to the page for amazon. I just checked it and it is still for sale.

[quote name='bizman316']The link in my first post should take you to the page for amazon. I just checked it and it is still for sale.[/QUOTE]

Weird, looks like its back in stock. It wasn't listed when i checked earlier. Thanks!

Was hoping Amazon had it for the price Best Buy did. Went to buy it and noticed my $10 credit was missing, so had a chat with them.

You are now connected to Madhan from Amazon.com.

Me:I have not yet been refunded my $10 promotional credit that I used to buy this.9:51:09 PM

Madhan:Hello, my name is Madhan. I'll be happy to help you.9:51:14 PM
Madhan:Can you hold for a minute or two while I open your order details?9:51:20 PM

Me:sure9:51:28 PM

Madhan:I've checked your account and see that we received your return and refunded the amount originally charged to your credit card, $7.99. 9:54:21 PM
Madhan:Any promotional funds used toward your purchase are not refunded. Promotional funds work much like coupons in a physical store--if you return the item, you're refunded for the amount you paid out of pocket, and not for the amount of the coupon.9:54:30 PM
Madhan:I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.9:54:46 PM

Me:I'm confused, as this is what the email said to me "Any unexpired promotional funds used on the order are returned to your account for use toward future qualifying purchases. Please note that the original expiration date still applies."9:55:43 PM

Madhan:As a exception, I'll refund $10 to your account is that OK?9:57:31 PM

Me:That would be wonderful9:57:42 PM

Madhan:please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy.

haha, email and chat telling me two different stories

[quote name='Commander0Zero']This is sooooo worth that price. Another excellent series from HBO. This price is great too. I may have to pass because I've just spent too much this holiday and with the Steam and Gamefly sales starting this week somethings gotta give.[/QUOTE]

Really? I loved BOB but I heard that this was just so so. I just it was a BOB b-rate. Now I am thinking about it.

[quote name='Jgel']Really? I loved BOB but I heard that this was just so so. I just it was a BOB b-rate. Now I am thinking about it.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, I love BOB but just kind of enjoyed the Pacific. I looked forward to getting each successive disc from Netflix, but I can't see myself ever wanting to watch it again. BOB however, I've seen multiple times and could happily watch it again right now.

[quote name='robdees']For what it's worth, I love BOB but just kind of enjoyed the Pacific. I looked forward to getting each successive disc from Netflix, but I can't see myself ever wanting to watch it again. BOB however, I've seen multiple times and could happily watch it again right now.[/QUOTE]

Same boat here, was good to watch once, but for my family it doesn't have the same allure of BOB. My wife and I usually watch BOB in one sitting about once every month or so. This is a great price for this though, screw being broke, you all like it, get it. Go donate some plasma or something.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']This is sooooo worth that price. Another excellent series from HBO. This price is great too. I may have to pass because I've just spent too much this holiday and with the Steam and Gamefly sales starting this week somethings gotta give.[/QUOTE]

I have all 10 episodes of this sitting on my DVR to watch, and after watching episode 1, there wasn't much that hooked me.

I can see they put a lot of money into the production values, and it's very authentic looking (the cinematography is incredible). However, I didn't care for the characters like I did Band of Brothers (a much better series in my opinion). Maybe it gets better, and is slow to develop, but from what I saw, it wasn't nearly as good as I anticipated or hoped it would be.

$38.99 is definitely about as good of a price as you'll see in the near future, but for me, I'm not quite sure it's worth it.

Well I've already gone WAY over budget this month but I couldn't pass this up

BUT I ordered it yesterday at BestBuy.com to pick up today because Amazon hadn't PM'd it yet. Hopefully I'll get the bonus disc at BB

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I have all 10 episodes of this sitting on my DVR to watch, and after watching episode 1, there wasn't much that hooked me.

I can see they put a lot of money into the production values, and it's very authentic looking (the cinematography is incredible). However, I didn't care for the characters like I did Band of Brothers (a much better series in my opinion). Maybe it gets better, and is slow to develop, but from what I saw, it wasn't nearly as good as I anticipated or hoped it would be.

$38.99 is definitely about as good of a price as you'll see in the near future, but for me, I'm not quite sure it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

This is what I heard and why I was not looking for it??? What to do...

I actually believe the pacing is just different for The Pacific than BOB. This dealt a little more with the Homefront so the pacing had to be different. But I personally loved to see the differences in the type of war that was fought in the Pacific than in Europe. all in all BOB is perhaps a little better but this is still excellent. Not that reviews mean anything but it got a very strong one from Hi def Digest which I personally respect for their reviews.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3151/thepacific.html

[quote name='CombatCraig']Well I've already gone WAY over budget this month but I couldn't pass this up

BUT I ordered it yesterday at BestBuy.com to pick up today because Amazon hadn't PM'd it yet. Hopefully I'll get the bonus disc at BB[/QUOTE]

I got it from BestBuy.com as a store pickup because of the exclusive disc. Be careful if you do though as they will pull the standard version. I called to confirm it was the exclusive version once I got the pickup email. The pickers don't look at the sku sometimes, just the title.

If you haven't seen Band of Brothers, buy it instead. It is easily one of the best experiences you'll ever have. The Pacific was decent, but I think it fell victim to Band of Brothers' success and there was a lot of demand and wait for The Pacific. It has its moments, but it just fell short of what Band of Brothers did successfully. Like others have mentioned, I felt more attached to the characters in BoB as they were together for most of the series and The Pacific felt more scattered about.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']If you haven't seen Band of Brothers, buy it instead. It is easily one of the best experiences you'll ever have. The Pacific was decent, but I think it fell victim to Band of Brothers' success and there was a lot of demand and wait for The Pacific. It has its moments, but it just fell short of what Band of Brothers did successfully. Like others have mentioned, I felt more attached to the characters in BoB as they were together for most of the series and The Pacific felt more scattered about.[/QUOTE]

I think Band of Brothers was longer, and the Pacific is to some extent the lesser known history of the war. Actually, while I was more attached to the soldiers in Band of Brothers, I felt that my heart strings were pulled more in the Pacific.

Both are terrific, and there's a feeling of awe of the men and women who sacrificed everything for us.

bread's done
Back