The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='willardhaven']You have to start over, you can import stats and the compendium from your other game and start with an advantage.[/QUOTE]

Import them from my finished save or from my replay? Also, if you have to import from the finished save do I have to play it on "hard" to do this?

I just nabbed Persona 3 FES today, traded in my normal Persona 3 (Kept slipcover/artbook/OST though.) Gonna pop it in once I finish Mana Khemia.

Funny thing, I imported my completed save game for the original to get all the benefits and what not. I figured I'll get a lead on S.links since I don't need to worry about stats. I go to see that transfer student in the home EC room but, WTF it tells me that he's left. 4 game days in and, he's gone. Am I not allowed to get him now?

[quote name='fatbeer']I just beat "The Answer" mode and I have to say the story is huge disappointment. It not really that deep, voice acting is sub-par with it's the over/under acting and it is loaded with ton of flashback
on how they get their persona
. And the ending is pretty predictable on this whole time zone thing. The game title itself "Persona" tell you what to expect. Or that just me and making too many assumption before playing it. Perhaps, playing so many jrpg I know what to expect. This reason why gameplay or game mechanics are far more important then story itself.

[/QUOTE]

I always thought P3's V.A was a perfect fit but, eh, that may be me. As for the story not being deep enough, did you do most of the social links? Had to do the main support S.links (Women), at the very least.

Great.. that's a good waste of time level griding and using numerous fusion to acquire Satan+Lucifier to use overpowered Armageddon in The Answer mode. That skill have been disable in that mode. I even got Helil just in case, yet that Armageddon skill didn't appear. Dam, it is crazy long to fuse monsters without a demon compendium. You have to constantly waste your time fusing a monster after monster to get to the next tier. It is faster to keep fusing Messiah as base ingredient due to it's easy to acquire monsters(Orpheus +Thanatos), but you need to be level 90 to use Messiah

With no game+ or bonus dungeon(I didn't found one so far) there is no incentive for me to play anymore. It time for The Journey mode for me.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']How long did it take you to beat it?[/QUOTE]

My game clock was clock at 27 hours, but if you count the gameover screens it is at 30 hours. Just as the game advertised.

[quote name='sigtheman']I always thought P3's V.A was a perfect fit but, eh, that may be me. As for the story not being deep enough, did you do most of the social links? Had to do the main support S.links (Women), at the very least.[/QUOTE]

Your thinking about "The Journey" mode(Also known main game from Persona 3). In "The Answer" there is no social links. It seem like a dedication to fan service by giving a conclusion of the original Persona 3.

I'm getting it today.

This will be the third bloody time I've started this game.

First time, played on my PS3, didn't have a memory card adaptor, and went abroad. Didn't have time to put my saved game on a memory card.

Second time was abroad, started playing *again*, PS2 died after 3 days.

DAMMIT.

Now I'm back at home and I'm torn as to whether I should continue on with the saved game I have, or just start over on FES.

My Amazon pre-order arrived today. Very happy since it shipped Thursday and got it today on Super Saving Shipping.

Probably going to start on it tonight. Never finished with the regular, but hopefully I can this time around since I will have more time on my hands.

[quote name='fatbeer']

Your thinking about "The Journey" mode(Also known main game from Persona 3). In "The Answer" there is no social links. [/QUOTE]

Ah, sorry didn't notice you said, " The Answer". I'm going through the journey again first so, I still don't know much about the expansion plot.

[quote name='fatbeer']

It seem like a dedication to fan service by giving a conclusion of the original Persona 3
[/QUOTE]

This is, exactly what most want.

Anyway, for impressions. "The Journey" is almost the same yet feels, refreshingly new at the same. I have yet to really hit the meat of the new content but, it's nice they let you get the Elizabeth dates from the get go. Pretty funny stuff. I was once a Shin Megami virgin with P3 and am now a believer. Nocturne, I'm coming baby.

I was once a Shin Megami virgin with P3 and am now a believer. Nocturne, I'm coming baby.

Just as a heads up, while Nocturne is a great game, it's also VERY different from P3. While P3 is very character-based, Nocturne really has more of a big picture feel. It can also tend to get more tedious, as the combat isn't quite as streamlined as Persona 3.

Not trying to dissuade you from Nocturne, as it is fantastic, but it is a very different experience.

[quote name='Agrippan']Just as a heads up, while Nocturne is a great game, it's also VERY different from P3. While P3 is very character-based, Nocturne really has more of a big picture feel. It can also tend to get more tedious, as the combat isn't quite as streamlined as Persona 3.

Not trying to dissuade you from Nocturne, as it is fantastic, but it is a very different experience.[/QUOTE]

That scares me. it scares me because FES just drained 10 hours out of me in one sitting. This game is exactly what one doesnt need right before finals. Actually, when i get tired of exploring Tartarus, I decide to level up a social link, and when i get tired of that, i fuse persona. When i get tired of that, my gosh, i raise my stats. When i get tired of that, I freaking do some elizabethian requests.

When you get tired of one thing, theres tons more to do... super well done.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Does anyone know if Circuit City will be carrying Persona 3 FES? I have a $30 gift card there, so I'm going to try go by there today or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='work88']Did anyone pick FES up at Circuit City? It's not listed on the website but I thought it might be available in store.[/QUOTE]

I finally went by Circuit City today after trying several times to call them (no one ever picked up the phone in the videogame department). They had 2-4 copies, so I was able to grab one and use my gift card.

[quote name='RPG1018']My local CC,BB stores dont sell Persona. Anyone have any reccomendations for B&M stores that would carry it?[/QUOTE]

Do some Circuit City stores carry things that others don't? Maybe your local one was out of stock when you went. Or maybe availability does depend on location.

[quote name='Agrippan']Just as a heads up, while Nocturne is a great game, it's also VERY different from P3. While P3 is very character-based, Nocturne really has more of a big picture feel. It can also tend to get more tedious, as the combat isn't quite as streamlined as Persona 3.

Not trying to dissuade you from Nocturne, as it is fantastic, but it is a very different experience.[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah, I've heard this mentioned before. I've also heard it's a lot more grinding but, I can hang. Thanks for the heads up though.

Got back from being out of town and my copy was in my mail. Not going to start it until I finish the original though, which I'm more than 3/4 done.

[quote name='Dandeschain']To some of you vets, where would be the best place to start with Persona Fusions? I'm a little intimidated by the whole process.[/quote]

First you're going to need Ara Mitama (to fight the first Chariot boss), so level up your Sports S.Link.

Forneus and Omoikane are also good bets so level up the Student Council and the old couple at the Used Book Store.

This is the first batch I fused, I replaced the ingredient Persona via shuffle cards (Pixie is pretty useless though).

I'm a novice too so if anyone else has some beginning tips, let them be known.

I love the new battle outfits BTW.

[quote name='Dandeschain']To some of you vets, where would be the best place to start with Persona Fusions? I'm a little intimidated by the whole process.[/quote]

you can start pretty early in the game.

just keep triple fusing the earlier personas you get off the cards together tho create higher level ones. just play around with the different combinations of the early personas you get (pixie, nekomata, ara mitra, orpheus, etc) not 100% sure but the highest leveled one i saw from a triple fusion early on is yatagarasu lv.30

i only got 30 hours into the original. should i continue with the original Persona and then play FES?

i'd hate to have to go through all of the FES from start even though it carries stuff over.

[quote name='noahj']i only got 30 hours into the original. should i continue with the original Persona and then play FES?

i'd hate to have to go through all of the FES from start even though it carries stuff over.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you'd hate to start over then don't. But I think at 30 hours I would--I have 71 now and am just going to keep going.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I finally went by Circuit City today after trying several times to call them (no one ever picked up the phone in the videogame department). They had 2-4 copies, so I was able to grab one and use my gift card.

Thanks for the reply. I tried calling to but no one picked up for me as well. I'll probably go today to see if it's in stock.

[quote name='jeremywoods']you can start pretty early in the game.

just keep triple fusing the earlier personas you get off the cards together tho create higher level ones. just play around with the different combinations of the early personas you get (pixie, nekomata, ara mitra, orpheus, etc) not 100% sure but the highest leveled one i saw from a triple fusion early on is yatagarasu lv.30[/QUOTE]

Is orpheous that expendable?
I figured since he was in the cut scene, he would be my one persona to use (and looks like the main character).
And really, whats the point of personas that dont learn any more skills?
should i keep leveling them up or just fuse them to others?
And finally. If i fear my persona levels are to low (that is, their spells dont give out quite the punch i wish they did) how could i raise their stats or levels...just grinding over and over?

This doesnt make sense, because i would be leveling 8 personas at a time while i keep growing my own linear path... My personas would never catch up...

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Is orpheous that expendable?
I figured since he was in the cut scene, he would be my one persona to use (and looks like the main character).
And really, whats the point of personas that dont learn any more skills?
should i keep leveling them up or just fuse them to others?
And finally. If i fear my persona levels are to low (that is, their spells dont give out quite the punch i wish they did) how could i raise their stats or levels...just grinding over and over?

This doesnt make sense, because i would be leveling 8 personas at a time while i keep growing my own linear path... My personas would never catch up...[/quote]

If you get pass a couple of chapters in the games (certain full moon events) Elizabeth will notify you that you could save your Persona data before you fuse them. Usually you could recreate them at their previous levels and experience points even if you fused them with another persona.

[quote name='willardhaven']Hey, anybody have any opinion on whether I should fuse away my Orpheus w/ Mabufu (replaced Agi) or add him to the compendium with the new spell?[/quote]

Since you can always buy back any Persona that you used in fusing, I don't see any reason to hesitate. I leveled up Orpheus slowly over a long period of time, but I used him to fuse quite a few times.

[quote name='willardhaven']Hey, anybody have any opinion on whether I should fuse away my Orpheus w/ Mabufu (replaced Agi) or add him to the compendium with the new spell?[/QUOTE]

Add him to the compendium either way. As for me, I got rid of Orpheus pretty early first time through and didn't get him back out until it was time for Messiah.

You know, doing a second play-through with an almost complete compendium makes the game horribly easy.

[quote name='sigtheman']Add him to the compendium either way. As for me, I got rid of Orpheus pretty early first time through and didn't get him back out until it was time for Messiah.

You know, doing a second play-through with an almost complete compendium makes the game horribly easy.[/quote]

It's also crazy to see how much your Persona really affects your battle stats. On the second play through, I thought that surely I would be doing more damage at level 99 than I was. Then I got access to the compendium and pulled out Messiah.

Had a couple more save files disappear on me, so I'm switching to PS2. A lot uglier than upscaled, but at least I don't have to worry anymore. And now that I'm playing on PS2, it seems to be doing 16:9? Weird.

[quote name='pete5883']Had a couple more save files disappear on me, so I'm switching to PS2. A lot uglier than upscaled, but at least I don't have to worry anymore. And now that I'm playing on PS2, it seems to be doing 16:9? Weird.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I'm on a 60gb PS3 and, I'm scared out of my fcking mind. I keep hearing these reports of the missing save files and it's got me going crazy. I have 3 different virtual mem cards and have to switch to save on each one before I shut it off. One has actually failed on me before so I think my method, may just work. Excessive, but gives me a nice, big, false security blanket.

Doing 16x9, I don't think the game even has that option. If you have a secret, share.

junpei.jpg

Stupei lol

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']I have the original Persona 3 but is it worth it to get this?

Should I just sell my original copy?[/QUOTE]

Did you play the original yet, or just have it in your backlog?

do you guys think a sealed FES will only go up or down in the future? I bought this with all intent of playing it, but I didn't realize P3 save doesn't carry over.. which was why I sold it in the first place lol. So now I have a backlog of games to play and don't want to bother with FES right now, or maybe ever haha or should I just sell it now on ebay which is going for the same price avg as it sells retail

[quote name='keithp']Did you play the original yet, or just have it in your backlog?[/QUOTE]

Been playing it occasionally, but haven't finished it. I really like it but I've been getting caught up in COD4 and Halo 3, and I also just picked up GTA.
Do you think this will be hard to find later or should I pick it up now while I still can? If I do pick it up I'll probably just keep it on my shelf until I find time but won't bother if I'm going to be able to find a copy later.

Ohhhhh darn I finally cracked and picked it up. It was sitting there in my Amazon gold box and I had a $5 coupon from Atlus on top of that. $23.49 shipped is just too cheap to pass up...

[quote name='sigtheman']Oh man, I'm on a 60gb PS3 and, I'm scared out of my fcking mind. I keep hearing these reports of the missing save files and it's got me going crazy. I have 3 different virtual mem cards and have to switch to save on each one before I shut it off.[/quote]

You shouldn't have to use 3 different cards, just use many save slots. Though don't kill me if your one and only card disappears. I had been backing up to an actual PS2 card daily.

Doing 16x9, I don't think the game even has that option. If you have a secret, share.
Dunno, I have my PS2 set to 16x9, and it looks like the game shows up in widescreen. It doesn't look stretched to me, but it could be. I think if I set the PS3 to 480p it might work, but I'm too lazy to check right now.

Nobi-Wan, get the FES while you can. If you don't play it, you can still sell it with at least break even. If you get it later, it might be hard to get and price might go up.
If you want it cheap, get it at buy.com with google checkout. It is $20. Shipping is a bit slow but if you are in for less money, that's the way to go.
Keep the original just as a collection.

[quote name='pete5883']

Dunno, I have my PS2 set to 16x9, and it looks like the game shows up in widescreen. It doesn't look stretched to me, but it could be. I think if I set the PS3 to 480p it might work, but I'm too lazy to check right now.[/quote]

It has no widescreen function. The only way you'd get widescreen without stretching is if your TV zoomed in on it.

On another note, I just got FES and haven't played my original Persona 3 in a long time, never finished it partly because I got frustrated I missed out on key events for social links/dates. Is the Social Links FAQ on GameFaqs good enough to ensure you get to go on all the dates? Or can anyone explain the dating system to me? Like can you date all the girls on one playthrough or do you need to select one or a few over some others?

Sorry for the crappy question!

[quote name='espy605']Is the Social Links FAQ on GameFaqs good enough to ensure you get to go on all the dates? Or can anyone explain the dating system to me? Like can you date all the girls on one playthrough or do you need to select one or a few over some others?[/quote]

I can't speak for the FAQ, but dating the girls can be difficult. There are a few things to watch for. It is possible to successfully date two girls at the same time, but they will get angry much quicker. You have to make sure that you have no long upcoming events and have to really keep yourself organized to do so.

It's weird... Fes feels so much more complete than the vast majority of games that come out. There's something about having an upgraded version of a phenomenal game, and then a pseudo-sequel to it on one disc... I'm playing through the Journey, which I already got like 20-some hours into on the original version, and I think I'm loving it even more now than I did back then. Mmm... I've already dumped 10 hours into it just in the last day, and I can't wait to play more.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's weird... Fes feels so much more complete than the vast majority of games that come out. There's something about having an upgraded version of a phenomenal game, and then a pseudo-sequel to it on one disc... I'm playing through the Journey, which I already got like 20-some hours into on the original version, and I think I'm loving it even more now than I did back then. Mmm... I've already dumped 10 hours into it just in the last day, and I can't wait to play more.[/QUOTE]

review it!

A part of me wishes I didn't play P3 so I could fully enjoy FES. I plan to play "The Journey" after I beat "The Answer."

I saw you could use "Hell Biker" in P3. He was my favorite & most usefull demon in SMT Nocturne. Attack All FTW

EDIT: I have GTA VI, Mario Kart Wii & The world Ends With You, but I still perfer to play FES over them all. I really do love this game.

[quote name='Rodimus']
I saw you could use "Hell Biker" in P3. He was my favorite & most usefull demon in SMT Nocturne. Attack All FTW
[/quote]

Hell Biker? Nawww. White Rider! Pretty much nobody was immune to his instakill arrow until the end of the game. I used him as a tactical unit with a bunch of -kaja and -nda skills until I could replace him with Beelzebub and just wipe enemies out with Death Flies :applause:

[quote name='Rodimus']A part of me wishes I didn't play P3 so I could fully enjoy FES. I plan to play "The Journey" after I beat "The Answer."

[/QUOTE]

The new S.link endings have given me a firm reason to plow through it again. Funny thing is though, I only completed a little over half the S.links my first time through. So playing the game again making sure I do the ones I missed is well, like playing a whole new game. Trust me, you'll love the Journey as if it was new (If you didn't complete most before).

[quote name='TahoeMax']Hell Biker? Nawww. White Rider! Pretty much nobody was immune to his instakill arrow until the end of the game. I used him as a tactical unit with a bunch of -kaja and -nda skills until I could replace him with Beelzebub and just wipe enemies out with Death Flies :applause:[/quote]

Everyone has their favs. The great thing about Nocturne is that there is no formula.

I exploited Hell Biker very early in the game and he proved useful because of the fact he was the first demon to have the "Attack All." I fused that with others and exploited it.

I did use all those "White/Black/Red/Gray/Purple/Riders" too but they never proved as useful as Hell Rider did in my early game. And because of that he is my favorite. Plus he looked cool.

bread's done
Back