The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

My apologies if this has been answered already:

I haven't finished Persona 3 yet. If I get FES, can I import my in-progress game and then finish the main game via the FES version? Or is it simply incompatible in that sense?

[quote name='Vegan']My apologies if this has been answered already:

I haven't finished Persona 3 yet. If I get FES, can I import my in-progress game and then finish the main game via the FES version? Or is it simply incompatible in that sense?[/quote]

+1 I think I read you can import it, but I'll wait for a definitive answer.. although I'm sure it can be googled lol

aw damn so I have to restart this SOB?! dammit. haha guess it was a mistake in selling my Persona 3 haha ah well.

so what does this mean? from GameFAQs. I have to restart but those stats will convert? or only a completed save?

> Data Conversion
From Original P3 to FES (to Episode Yourself only, Episode Aegis is independent story mode)
- All stats - Academic, Charm and Courage
- S-link max items
- All the MIx-Raid lists.
- List of Compendium (all skills and levels will be reset to Base)

sometimes I hate this site.

I've never even heard of Persona before CAG, but everyone here raves about it and now I find that I really want this game for no good reason.

it better be good!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, this is TOTAL BULLSHIT. I got the same email as shawn006. I go to Amazon to cancel my order and it's BEING PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT AND I CAN'T CANCEL IT. And now the delivery date is NEXT WEEK, even though I have Prime.

Shipment #1:
1 item - delivery estimate: April 29, 2008 - April 30, 2008

What the fuck? fuck you Amazon, I am NEVER ordering anything from you again after my Prime subscription is done. Until then, I'll only be ordering loss leaders/discounted products from you so you never make any money off of me again.[/quote]

Yeah, let's talk about bullshit here. I went and bought a copy at Gamestop (and the game was still in the mailing box) after my morning classes ended, and just now tried to cancel my Amazon order. I can't cancel the order because it's going to be shipped soon; it's not shipped yet, but they're going to ship the thing at a later date, so I can't cancel the stupid crap. Which means I'm going to have to wait until it arrives to do something about it which is a total pain in the ass because they can't deliver products when they come out.

And what's really ironic is the email that they sent to inform me that the delivery will be delayed says I can cancel the damn order. The Catch-22 is that I can't cancel the order because it's going to be shipped soon, and I also can't start filling out the form to return it because it hasn't arrived yet. I can refuse to receive the package, but I'm not likely to be home when it comes. I'll have to stick a note on each of my front doors letting whoever brings my package know that I'm refusing to receive the package and they can send the thing back. I'll have to keep those notes up for up to 7 days.

What a crock.

[quote name='willardhaven']To anyone who has it: does it come in the cheap PS2 case without a memory card holder?[/quote]

Yes, it comes exactly like that.

[quote name='shawn006']Yeah, let's talk about bullshit here. I went and bought a copy at Gamestop (and the game was still in the mailing box) after my morning classes ended, and just now tried to cancel my Amazon order. I can't cancel the order because it's going to be shipped soon; it's not shipped yet, but they're going to ship the thing at a later date, so I can't cancel the stupid crap. Which means I'm going to have to wait until it arrives to do something about it which is a total pain in the ass because they can't deliver products when they come out.

And what's really ironic is the email that they sent to inform me that the delivery will be delayed says I can cancel the damn order. The Catch-22 is that I can't cancel the order because it's going to be shipped soon, and I also can't start filling out the form to return it because it hasn't arrived yet. I can refuse to receive the package, but I'm not likely to be home when it comes. I'll have to stick a note on each of my front doors letting whoever brings my package know that I'm refusing to receive the package and they can send the thing back. I'll have to keep those notes up for up to 7 days.

What a crock.[/QUOTE]
Same bullshit happened to me. It's been "shipping soon" all day.

So far I'm enjoying this new Aegis Mode in Fes. All the stuff I'm not too fond of in original Persona 3 with social links and doing tasks to bypass all those day are not here. Just fighting which I enjoyed the most. This mode is far harder then normal mode since they remove compendium(making harder for ultimate/uber fusion monsters), monsters move faster at dungeons and monsters are much stronger.

On my first first battle encounter I must have some serious bad luck. One enemy just blast me with thunder (my weakness) to stun me then attack me with another thunder to un-stun me. Afterwards, another monster shock me with another thunder attack for kill. I didn't even have a chance to move. It seem like they use the Shin Megami Nocturne system, if your hero is KO it game over. That means you don't have a chance to revive them. Kinda makes sense if you don't properly set up your tactics correctly on certain monster you can encounter endless battles when your hero get KO.

Went to GS to get mine around opening this morning. The guy hadn't even opened the shipment box yet.

Edit: Why the hell do we always get the ugly case. Looks like they took the design from the sleeve of the first P3 release and stamped Aegis's android ass on it. The actual disc is nice though.

[quote name='shawn006']Yeah, let's talk about bullshit here. I went and bought a copy at Gamestop (and the game was still in the mailing box) after my morning classes ended, and just now tried to cancel my Amazon order. I can't cancel the order because it's going to be shipped soon; it's not shipped yet, but they're going to ship the thing at a later date, so I can't cancel the stupid crap. Which means I'm going to have to wait until it arrives to do something about it which is a total pain in the ass because they can't deliver products when they come out.

What a crock.[/quote]Return the Amazon copy to Gamestop. =]

EDIT: My copy shipped today from Amazon. w00t?

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Return the Amazon copy to Gamestop. =]

EDIT: My copy shipped today from Amazon. w00t?[/quote]

I'd rather leave a note and give Gamestop my money than Amazon.

I'm a bit confused. This game just came out yesterday, right? Why are people getting all up in arms about Amazon? They are simply the best online retailer out there...hands down. How quick do you honestly expect them to get this out, unless you paid for overnight shipping?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm a bit confused. This game just came out yesterday, right? Why are people getting all up in arms about Amazon? They are simply the best online retailer out there...hands down. How quick do you honestly expect them to get this out, unless you paid for overnight shipping?[/QUOTE]

I'm supposed to be able to take a piss and have it appear, is that too much to ask.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm a bit confused. This game just came out yesterday, right? Why are people getting all up in arms about Amazon? They are simply the best online retailer out there...hands down. How quick do you honestly expect them to get this out, unless you paid for overnight shipping?[/QUOTE]

read dead of knight's custom title

my gosh i cant freaking wait.
Meanwhile:
etrian odyssey (read: physics lab reports) here i come

I should probably say that my pre-order has finally shipped out.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'm a bit confused. This game just came out yesterday, right? Why are people getting all up in arms about Amazon? They are simply the best online retailer out there...hands down. How quick do you honestly expect them to get this out, unless you paid for overnight shipping?[/quote]

When you pre-order a game upwards of at least a few weeks ahead of time it is the retailers responsability to allocate enough copies in the initial shipment to cover pre-orders. Otherwise... what the hell is the point of pre-ordering? I mean seriously, we wouldn't be pre-ordering if we didn't really want the game to begin with (We're CAG after all). Unless of course there was some great discount on it, at which point we probably wouldn't care about recieving it a little bit late. (Not everyone used the $5 off Atlus coupon on FES who ordered from Amazon)

I've been dealing with Amazon for years now and knew to expect this. I thought about cancelling my order at one point last month but decided not to since I wasn't in a rush to play the game knowing I had to start over from the beginning of the game essentially. So for me, it doesn't really bother me that my order was pushed back. Though in the past when it happened it has frustrated me and now I take my business elsewhere if I want it on day one. It just puzzles me that they haven't fixed this problem since it started happening July 2006.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Still don't understand the issue here. If some of you folks wanted it day one or two, you should have pre-ordered in-store.[/quote]

Except Amazon is a huge retailer, not just some backwater place on the net. They have absolutely no excuse to not allocate enough copies to fill pre-orders placed before the distributers deadline to purchase a certain amount of copies. If they can't make it on the release date (Which they will know about before hand), it is Amazon job as a business to notify customers before the release date that their order may be delayed even if it's by a single day. That gives the customer enough time to make the decision to cancel or not.

Just because they're an internet business doesn't mean people should be giving them slack on how they run their business. Gamestop and EB Games online can do their jobs just fine, as can many other businesses through the web. Hell, doesn't LionGames even fill all their pre-orders and ship them out on the correct date? I don't know as I haven't ordered from them but they're a very young website that don't even begin to have the connections that places like Amazon has when you're just talking about the video game portion of Amazon.

Anyhow, we probably shouldn't continue this seeing as this is a thread about FES. Not a thread about the ups and downs of retailers.

I'm not gonna bother responding, Draekon said everything perfectly.

My copy finally shipped. Supposedly getting here on Friday, when I'm not going to be here, so I'll have to wait till late Sunday night to finally get my hands on it. Thanks a bunch Amazon. :roll:

Amazon deserves a gold star for staying on top of things. If you want bullshit, try www.outpost.com or www.bestbuy.com or www.circuitcity.com

Amazon is hands down the best online retailer. You can say "this site sux i never shop here EVAR!!1!11!"

In reality, it makes sense to shop where the good deals are at. but c'est va, if fools want to miss out on deals at amazon, so they can pay more at rapestop then by all means, do that.

A lot of the people that are upset here have pre-ordered months ago and have Amazon Prime which gives you 2-day shipping. Amazon basically ignored who ordered first and apparently randomly picked which people they would ship to first. On top of that for some reason Amazon didn't have enough copies so people that pre-ordered the game months ago with 2-day shipping are watching people that ordered it a few days or weeks ago with regular shipping or even super saver get their copies sent to them first. Lot's these pre-orders still haven't even shipped yet, despite the game being out now, which is pretty unacceptable IMO. I'd be pretty pissed if were them also. Luckily for me though I'm in no hurry.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I hope this isn't how it always is done.. GTA IV needs to be mine![/quote]Welcome to the world of new releases on Amazon.com. I've learned to live with it, because I think, overall, Amazon is a fantastic retailer.

BUT, I agree 100% with the people here that are angry. When it comes to new releases, Amazon flat out fucking sucks. If I want a game day 1, I have to get it elsewhere.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You can import your in-progress game, but you have to restart. This has been posted several times before.[/quote]

Right, hold the phone while I read an 80 page thread to find out instead of just asking. Sorry to completely ruin your day.

I'm hoping to get this at EB/GS Friday, I need to return an extra copy of the metal gear collection, but the locater thing says it isn't in stock anywhere... I suppose I'll just go and hope they have it.

[quote name='pete5883']DoK, can you do the ole "buy at B&M, return your Amazon copy" scam?[/quote]
I fail to see how that is a scam, the B&M store is receiving a sealed copy of the same product.

[quote name='mguiddy']I fail to see how that is a scam, the B&M store is receiving a sealed copy of the same product.[/QUOTE]
:roll: Didn't mean it literally.

To be fair, Amazon has greatly improved their quality of service in the past year. Especially since Black Friday two years ago when they took a lot of flack.

But before that, I had nothing but problems with Amazon. So Amazon isn't perfect. But they have gotten a lot better.

[quote name='mguiddy']I fail to see how that is a scam, the B&M store is receiving a sealed copy of the same product.[/quote]

yeah I plan on doing this for GTAIV to make sure I get to play it asap lol, I just wanted it on amazon b/c I had some gift certificate dollars to use. =D

so.. can aegis mode be played w/o playing through the original storyline? since my save won't transfer *Tear*

ahahaha this game is great, entirely due to the fact that I got to name my main dood Beard Papa~!!

2006-03-18d.jpg

yyyyyyyyeay~!!!!! I'll take six!!

Just picked up my copy from ebgay. I'm glad I mustered up the energy to pre order at eb instead of amazon since a lot of people have problems with shipping and such.

bread's done
Back