The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

Mine is still set to ship on the 28th

A lot of people who pre-ordered from Gamestop got their copies set as backordered as well apparently.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I too spend hundreds of dollars a year on Amazon. It really pisses me off. I think once my Prime subscription runs out I'll order from B&N for my books (like I used to sometimes before I got Prime, they'd sometimes get stuff in stock faster). My beef isn't that it hasn't shipped yet (as they are often screwy with videogame orders and tend to ship them late), it's that OTHER people's orders have shipped and mine hasn't even though I'm a Prime member. Why the hell are they shipping out people's orders at different times, seemingly regardless of when the order was placed? Seems like a really shitty system for such a big comany; you'd think they'd have better logistics by now.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me a few months ago with Amazon, I ordered something, and it wasn't going to ship anytime soon even though it was obviously readily available. Contacted their customer service by phone and they switched me to overnight shipping and the item shipped immediately. I was on and off the phone in less than 5 minutes. This isn't the same situation since my order wasn't a pre-order, but give it a try.

I think other people's orders might be shipping earlier because Amazon's shipping centers get the game at different times, but who knows.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is this game being pushed back a week? I just got an e-mail that said "Persona 3 FES for the PlayStation®2, the highly anticipated definitive cut of 2007's RPG of the Year, is now shipping to retailers across North America. This is fantastic news for gamers, as it means they'll have something to play during the otherwise boring and uneventful week of April 29th." That's a Tuesday. Weeks don't begin on a Tuesday, and as far as I know, it isn't any special holiday. Why would they write that?[/QUOTE]
GTAIV comes out the 29th. Get it?

I read this on IGN's review of FES:
The Journey essentially recaps the basic events of Persona 3, including the mysterious Dark Hour that always strikes at midnight.
FES only contains a "recap" of "basic events?" I thought it was the whole game but remixed. Or is the IGN writer just a dumb ass?

[quote name='espy605']I read this on IGN's review of FES:

FES only contains a "recap" of "basic events?" I thought it was the whole game but remixed. Or is the IGN writer just a dumb ass?[/QUOTE]

IGN editor is a fucking retard. It's the full game with added/changed events. Nothing was taken out.

I'm tempted to call Amazon but I'm afraid they'll just give me a bullshit runaround. I hate talking on the phone.

EDIT: Called them. Bullshit runaround saying that they do ship in the order of when the orders were placed, which is total bullshit and I called them out on it. She said they had no way of knowing whether this was true or not without having other people's account info. fucking awesome. The woman was nice to me, but obviously their logistics are screwy as shit, or they are lying to their customer service reps.

Also, at first she said it was shipping tonight and getting here overnight. If that's true, I will be pleased. But I'm not confident at all. If it doesn't end up shipping till the 24th I'm canceling my order. I'm sick of them fucking with preorders, especially when THEY ARE PARTNERED WITH THE fuckING PUBLISHER. They full well should have known what the demand would be for the game.

Every man's gotta fight the fear

I'm the first to admit it shear thoughts

Provoke the new era become a big terror

But my only rival is my shadow

Rewind then playback and six my own error

Get low to the ground it's getting better

Like I told you before double up I did

More cheddar

L to the J say stay laced here's my card B

Royal flush and I'm the Ace

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']So, uhh....does anyone know the lyrics to burn madrid? :whistle2:k[/quote]

google is your friend

http://www.lyricstime.com/yumi-kawamura-burn-my-dread-lyrics.html

Did anyone actually get a copy today?

Also, Dead of Knight, if you want the game that badly, can't you just go to Gamestop, buy it and once your order from Amazon arrives, return the the Amazon copy to Gamestop. Might be a little more work, but at least you get to play it and not lose any money (except gas and time of course ;))

[quote name='Dead of Knight']See my custom title.[/quote]

I'm so used to your previous avatar that my first thought was "oh no, we've got another one." ;)

I can't wait till April 29th. I don't think the internet will be able to handle all the bitching. I get this tomorrow. From the store. Not Amazon.

My order also says it won't ship until the 28th. I would cancel but then I wouldn't be able to buy it until I get home from school, which is about 3 weeks away.

Getting my parents to pick this up for me as I'm out of the country right now, and by the time I get back, it will likely be hard to find.

Hello from Amazon.com.

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your
video game order (Order# *************) you placed on March 14 2008 10:57 PDT. Unfortunately, we are unable
to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when
they may be delivered:

"Persona 3 FES" [Video Game]
Estimated arrival date: 04/29/2008 - 04/30/2008

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
What a crock. It was going to arrive on the 24th. Now I'm going to have to try to find it in a store which defeats the purpose of having Prime in the first place.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']EDIT: Called them. Bullshit runaround saying that they do ship in the order of when the orders were placed, which is total bullshit and I called them out on it. She said they had no way of knowing whether this was true or not without having other people's account info. fucking awesome. The woman was nice to me, but obviously their logistics are screwy as shit, or they are lying to their customer service reps.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is now listing it in-stock. They can't give you the runaround now - your ordered something, it is in-stock, they haven't shipped it.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

[quote name='shawn006']
What a crock. It was going to arrive on the 24th. Now I'm going to have to try to find it in a store which defeats the purpose of having Prime in the first place.​

[/quote]

You think that's bad? Companies have to put in a certain order amount by a specific date, so it makes sense if something you ordered just a little bit more than a week ago that they may not of had enough in stock. More so since Atlus released the $5 coupon (Which I assume you used by the date you have listed) and a ton of people probably put up orders on FES. On the other hand, look at the date I pre-ordered:

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your video game order (Order# ***********) you placed on January 03 2008 16:37 PST. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when they may be delivered:

"Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES" [Video Game]
Estimated arrival date: 04/29/2008 - 04/30/2008

Now that is the kind of shit that pisses me off seeing as I pre-ordered it months ago, which there is no excuse for. Granted Amazon has been like this for quite a while now so I'm use to it and expected it. Though I really do have to question the entire point of a pre-ordering and using Prime if they're going to do this every single time I pre-order any game from them.

[quote name='pete5883']Amazon is now listing it in-stock. They can't give you the runaround now - your ordered something, it is in-stock, they haven't shipped it.[/quote]

Chances are that's a big fat lie on the part of Amazon. I've actually cancelled once on an order and then re-submitted it the day it released and said that. Like I figured though they delayed my order before the end of the day.

EDIT: Ok, the order date on FES is incorrect in my above quote. Seems that when you combine two orders, it uses the earliest order date, which I had done exactly when FES came out. Plus I also think that it pushes back your order as well as removing any non-coupon discount you may of had on the items combined.

No problems from amazon for me. Pre-ordered March 2nd or 3rd, and got overnight shipping with prime. Should be here today.

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):
1 Shin Megami Tensei: Person... $29.99 1 $29.99

Shipped via UPS (estimated arrival date: 23-April-2008).

[quote name='pete5883']Amazon is now listing it in-stock. They can't give you the runaround now - your ordered something, it is in-stock, they haven't shipped it.[/quote]

Amazon is usually wrong when it says that on newly released video games. Their pre-order service has been horrible for almost two years on video games too, so I've come to expect to see delays on just about every pre-order, even if I pre-order the first day it gets put up.

I had pre-ordered March 1st when it first became available, then combined it in an order two days later and my order was also delayed. What makes it more retarded if when you combine orders it changes your pre-order position by putting you at the back of the pre-order line and yet they don't tell you that at all. Guess I'll never keep my orders page on Amazon clean again.

[quote name='Draekon']Their pre-order service has been horrible for almost two years on video games too, so I've come to expect to see delays on just about every pre-order, even if I pre-order the first day it gets put up.[/QUOTE]
Oh I know. This is why I didn't pre-order from amazon.

I just sent an email to Amazon asking them when they'll remove the "IN STOCK" status from the product's page, since it is out of stock or on backorder.

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm so used to your previous avatar that my first thought was "oh no, we've got another one." ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, this is TOTAL BULLSHIT. I got the same email as shawn006. I go to Amazon to cancel my order and it's BEING PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT AND I CAN'T CANCEL IT. And now the delivery date is NEXT WEEK, even though I have Prime.

Shipment #1:
1 item - delivery estimate: April 29, 2008 - April 30, 2008

What the fuck? fuck you Amazon, I am NEVER ordering anything from you again after my Prime subscription is done. Until then, I'll only be ordering loss leaders/discounted products from you so you never make any money off of me again.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, this is TOTAL BULLSHIT. I got the same email as shawn006. I go to Amazon to cancel my order and it's BEING PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT AND I CAN'T CANCEL IT. And now the delivery date is NEXT WEEK, even though I have Prime.

Shipment #1:
1 item - delivery estimate: April 29, 2008 - April 30, 2008

What the fuck? fuck you Amazon, I am NEVER ordering anything from you again after my Prime subscription is done. Until then, I'll only be ordering loss leaders/discounted products from you so you never make any money off of me again.[/quote]

It'll probably ship out today. Whenever they give those delay emails on newly released games, they usually give you some insane delay date but will ship it out in a day or two. Amazon has become completely retarded with video game pre-orders.

[quote name='Draekon']It'll probably ship out today. Whenever they give those delay emails on newly released games, they usually give you some insane delay date but will ship it out in a day or two. Amazon has become completely retarded with video game pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

It better be in my hands tomorrow, or else.

Sorry for not sifting through 75+ pages, but I just want confirmation:

Is there any reason to not dump my original, unplayed copy of P3 and upgrade to this? Any benefit to having both versions?

Thanks in advance.

i'm actually deathly scared of Dead of Knight at the moment. I just picture his head popping off and a demonoid popping out and devouring the world.

[quote name='defiance_17']Sorry for not sifting through 75+ pages, but I just want confirmation:

Is there any reason to not dump my original, unplayed copy of P3 and upgrade to this? Any benefit to having both versions?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

nicer packaging + art book and soundtrack.

[quote name='defiance_17']Sorry for not sifting through 75+ pages, but I just want confirmation:

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

If you're not a collector or SMT junkie then there isn't much reason at all. Personally I wasn't a fan of the art-book and I know there's a website were you can rip the soundtrack for free. As for game content FES has everything P3 has and more.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

There's absolutely no reason to hang onto the original, unless you care about the art book or soundtrack... which isn't important.

I dumped my original on goozex, matched the first person and he didn't care about artbook and soundtrack (which I didn't have) so I sent him complete case/manual/game for the full package match. I was happy considering the "value" was the same if not more than FES. So I'm good!

[quote name='forgrim']i'm actually deathly scared of Dead of Knight at the moment. I just picture his head popping off and a demonoid popping out and devouring the world.[/quote]

Actually, she is a very attractive woman. Weird, I know. I imagine her going down to Amazon HQ and beating the shit out of their phones, computers and servers.

I will bail you out if this happens.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I dumped my original on goozex, matched the first person and he didn't care about artbook and soundtrack (which I didn't have) so I sent him complete case/manual/game for the full package match. I was happy considering the "value" was the same if not more than FES. So I'm good![/QUOTE]

I did the same and requested FES but I'm looking at a long wait for it (70 requests before mine).

Did anyone pick FES up at Circuit City? It's not listed on the website but I thought it might be available in store.

[quote name='thelonepig']Just received a shipping announcement from Amazon. I ordered with Super Saver and it should be here by Friday.

Yay Amazon![/QUOTE]

Mine is still "shipping soon." fuck Amazon!

[quote name='aznguyen316']I dumped my original on goozex, matched the first person and he didn't care about artbook and soundtrack (which I didn't have) so I sent him complete case/manual/game for the full package match. I was happy considering the "value" was the same if not more than FES. So I'm good![/quote]

I did the same - sent the sealed game itself but kept the outer box + soundtrack to house my copy of FES. ;)Scored a cool 800 pts before the value will plummet as supply and demand equalize till it hits about 300-400 where I believe it will stay. FES was only 500 pts when I checked last week and I'm one of the first in line, but I should put it on hold as I'm supposedly getting it from Amazon next week...

[quote name='thelonepig']Just received a shipping announcement from Amazon. I ordered with Super Saver and it should be here by Friday.

Yay Amazon![/quote]

awwww, mine still isn't shipping until the 28th

Just received a reply from Amazon:

"Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you had with the availability of the
order #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Please allow me to explain that at present we received the
item "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES" from the supplier and we
are ready to ship this item.

However I have checked your order and can confirm that we are
currently preparing it for shipment.

We should be able to ship your order earlier than the date estimated
on our web site i.e. by the end of April 23, 2008, so we expect your
order will arrive within two business days from the date it is
shipped.

Once it's shipped, we will send you an e-mail message confirming the