The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

So is everyone hyped/ready for Persona 3: FES!?

It is great to be back in school. ^_^

Keep your fingers crossed that it'll come out on time. I remember the artbook error last time -_-

*goes back to playing*

[quote name='MarkMan']So is everyone hyped/ready for Persona 3: FES!?

Keep your fingers crossed that it'll come out on time. I remember the artbook error last time -_-

*goes back to playing*[/quote]

With no artbook to mess up this time around, I'm not expecting a delay. Even if there is, I've already finished P3 twice and I've got a backlog to work with anyway.

So... how is it?

[quote name='MarkMan']So is everyone hyped/ready for Persona 3: FES!?

*goes back to playing*[/QUOTE]
I still can't decide whether I want to go through the whoooole thing again, or just do Episode Aegis. Sure there's new stuff, but I'm not sure the new stuff will overwhelm the feeling of "I can't believe I'm redoing my 100 hour game."

[quote name='pete5883']I still can't decide whether I want to go through the whoooole thing again, or just do Episode Aegis. Sure there's new stuff, but I'm not sure the new stuff will overwhelm the feeling of "I can't believe I'm redoing my 100 hour game."[/QUOTE]

I'm just doing Aigis. fuck replaying 80 hours. Anyone know how long Episode Aigis is?

I canceled my FES Amazon order to re-order with my $5 atlus code since i didn't find anything else to use it with. Now this will go nicely with my sealed Persona 3 copy that i bought when it was released.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm just doing Aigis. fuck replaying 80 hours. Anyone know how long Episode Aigis is?[/quote]

QFT. Maybe years down the road I'll play Episode Yourself again but I just have too many other games at the moment.

I had to take a 6 week break from it (well had to and was forced too because of school)

I just got seriously tired or the level grinding so I could get Messiah. I was debating whether I was going to do a quick second playthrough to finish off the other social links I won't be able to finish off in this playthrough, but I dunno if I can get enough verve in me to go through another 20 or so hours just to do it a second time. I did a 2nd time through DDS1, before I played the second one (mostly to level grind and I really started to get annoyed with how much I was starting to feel like the game was wearing thin on me, pretty much the same reason I had to stop playing P3)

I see the points made by the guy on the last page why he is hesitant to buy it, it does get tiresome (for me anyway) doing the same crap over and over. I loved the social aspects, and the story, but the level grinding in the mind-numbingly boring levels over and over (to get new fusions, money, ect.) got old really quick.

I wished they would have gone for a DDS/Nocturne route and had set dungeons to explore instead of the randomly generated "levels" as they called them.

I'm not trying to ride the game too hard, (since I've have over 100+ hours invested into it) but honestly, I truly hope P4 does better than this, since as my first Persona game (I own both P2 games but haven't played them yet) I was really disappointed with the dungeon exploration aspects, and the combat left much to be desired as well (especially the AI controlled allies who always seemed like they had ADD or something) I'm getting FES, but for the hard time I had getting this game in Dec. looking back, if I knew FES was on the way I really would have waited.

It's a good RPG, but not a great one. (and this is from someone who owns every Atlus Megaten game on PS1/2)

[quote name='uncle5555']I had to take a 6 week break from it (well had to and was forced too because of school)

I just got seriously tired or the level grinding so I could get Messiah. [/QUOTE]

By Messiah, you should have had been long used to the grinding (Monad's monstrous EXP also helped).

I stopped playing about 20 hours in because the FES was announced. I'm definetly playing again. I'd recomend Youtube and fan sites that have the endings and new content for those who have already beaten it. I'm sure they'll be up eventualy. You will just have to wait.

That's what I do with RPG's that have to many endings and optional stuff. Life the tram ride in FF7. The endings in Star Ocean Till the end of Time, and the affection thing in Tales of Symphonia as well.

$25 with the Atlus coupon with free shipping and no tax is as cheap as it comes I think. Sign up for the mailing list at Atlus and you could still get the coupon if you haven't

I keep going back and forth about buying this game. On the one hand, I've wanted it for a while now, and $30 is practically a steal for it and its sequel; on the other, my backlog is already so huge, this is a reprint, and I'm likely to still find it in my area when it becomes cheaper in a few months. Should I get my deposit back?

Atlus doesn't make a ton of games and rarely reprint. I'd get it and I can guarentee my backlog is bigger, and that's just RPG's my whole backlog is like 100+ games.

Anyway if you want to own it get it with the coupon from atlus. $25 is cheap. Cheapest it could possibly get is $20 plus tax, so thats like $21.65. And when it hits that point it will be hard to find and you're likely to spend more on gas finding it.

Thats my opinion anyway.

i hope in FES, mitsuru's skirt is shorter. maybe even approach yukari's level.

yeah. it has no chance of happening.
but i can dream.

[quote name='zewone']I hear 40 hours.[/QUOTE]

I heard 30 hours from another source. But hell, as long as it's at least 20 hours it's more than worth it to me.

If Episode Aegis is as hard as they say it is, I'll probably end up giving it up halfway. So I guess I'll have to replay the main game first to make it worth my while. Problem solved!

[quote name='kainzero']i hope in FES, mitsuru's skirt is shorter. maybe even approach yukari's level.

yeah. it has no chance of happening.
but i can dream.[/QUOTE]

hahahaha

[quote name='J7.']Will Circuit City carry it?[/quote]

Most likely not, I don't believe they carried P3 ever. Just order it from Amazon, you'll get free shipping (and hopefully) not have to pay any taxes.

The level grinding wasn't as bad for me. I had gotten lucky and had Growth 2 on a Persona really early as one of those random mutations and I used that Persona to fuse all my others so pretty much every persona I had possessed either Growth 2 or 3.

I just had to grind some money because it got expensive constantly reviving my Persona's with Growth 2/3 after using em to fuse.

Finally got off my lazy butt and placed my pre-order. I forgot this was coming out, it kinda crept up on me and realized this was coming out soon. And it couldn't get here any quicker, I'm on a video game dry-spell.

So, to transfer my old stuff over, do I need to finish the game, or will it just take what I have right now and transfer over that stuff?

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']I'm too lazy to go to the store. :lol: When you pre order a game at amazon, have they ever shipped it late?[/QUOTE]
Yes. In the past amazon has not been so good with pre-orders of lesser known games, but they recently had a promotion with Atlus, so things may be turning around.

Seeing how the Atlus store has been closed and they are now partnering with Amazon directly I don't think we'll have an issue with getting these out in a timely fashion.

I selected the free shipping option, Amazon says it'll ship out on the 28th, does anyone know how long it usually takes for a game to reach its destination? I want it to be delivered to my college so I can play it, but I'm kind of worried that by the time it gets here, the semester will be over and I'll be at home...

Have you ordered from Amazon before? Depends on how close you are to an Amazon distribution center. I'm near one of them, so I get my free shipping stuff in 2 days, but this obviously isn't typical.

I'm still debating whether or not I should buy a second copy and keep it sealed. At $30 I feel like at the very least it will hold its value.

[quote name='Rodimus']Will there be a FES Strategy Guide?[/quote]I wouldn''t doubt it.

Anybody getting FES from buy.com? How long does it take for the google checkout bonus to take effect after something comes in stock?

[quote name='bigl523']Atlus has said that nobody is doing a strategy guide at the moment so I think all people will have is gamefaqs.[/quote]

That's what I thought, and the main reason why I held onto my P3 guide.

[quote name='Rodimus']That's what I thought, and the main reason why I held onto my P3 guide.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that P3 guide is going to do much good, seeing as how the main arc seems completely revamped.

YAY Comes out tomorrow, I am so excited. I do have couple of questions, though.

Does any 1 have any pictures of FES box?

Should I more copies of this game, since it might go up in price? What do u say?:bouncy:

[quote name='Rocko']I'm still debating whether or not I should buy a second copy and keep it sealed. At $30 I feel like at the very least it will hold its value.[/QUOTE]

I'd stick with one if I were you unless you're a big fan. Getting it to ebay later probably won't work as well as with the original release.

[quote name='sigtheman']I don't think that P3 guide is going to do much good, seeing as how the main arc seems completely revamped.[/quote]

It'll be better than NO guide. I want the P3 guide only only for reference, just for fusing, enemies and all that jazz.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'mma kill Amazon....

"Availability: Expected to be in stock on April 24, 2008."

Bullshit.[/quote]

That's how they do.

Mine isn't expected to ship until May, but it's worth it for no tax, shipping and 1.50 off.

bread's done
Back