The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I like how you insult their maturity, and then say things like this. Real mature yourself. You can discuss opposing viewpoints without resorting to insults or being an ass. Lets try and keep it clean in here ok? No reason to start flaming people over a video game.[/quote]

p3jh7.jpg

Its all fun and games until someone looses an eye. Anyone got any good recommendations for games in the meantime? I beat Devil Summoner in time for today, since thats not happening anyone have any other good games to play?

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Its all fun and games until someone looses an eye. Anyone got any good recommendations for games in the meantime? I beat Devil Summoner in time for today, since thats not happening anyone have any other good games to play?[/quote]Xenosaga :D

Can we turn this thread into "help pete5883 find Tales of the Abyss for $30 or less ASAP because there's nothing else to play"? I mean, nothing constructive is going to happen for the next 3 weeks.

I've got a P3 soundtrack question. I was looking up lyrics to some of the music (darn Engrish) and found that the Burn My Dread ~Last Battle~ lyrics are different on the Persona 3 Soundtrack and the Burn My Dread Reincarnation CD.

Anybody know if Reincarnation is just a remix album or does it have something to do with FES?

I think I'm going to head out tonight to pick up the guide, anybody else do this yet?

Does DJ seal them in plastic or is that Gamestop's work?

[quote name='willardhaven']I think I'm going to head out tonight to pick up the guide, anybody else do this yet?

Does DJ seal them in plastic or is that Gamestop's work?[/QUOTE]

Let us know how it is. I'm anxious to know.

[quote name='pete5883']Can we turn this thread into "help pete5883 find Tales of the Abyss for $30 or less ASAP because there's nothing else to play"? I mean, nothing constructive is going to happen for the next 3 weeks.[/quote]

I feel so lucky playing TotA right now.:lol:

[quote name='willardhaven']I think I'm going to head out tonight to pick up the guide, anybody else do this yet?

Does DJ seal them in plastic or is that Gamestop's work?[/QUOTE]

I spotted the guide @ Game Crazy for $19.99. Not sealed in plastic, so I flipped thru it. Similar to other DJ guides like Makai Kingdom and Nocturne, but not as thick. All pages full-colored, but not much to look at....I only see TONS of stats and charts. I will wait for an eventual discount...hopefully.

I'm up to 7 local stores that don't have Tales of the Abyss. And one of the Gamestops tried to sell me on a pre-order for Persona 3. I tried not to laugh when he mentioned it was delayed a week.

Anybody else notice the rapid increase in ebay sales for the first Persona game?

I'm actually considering parting with mine if I can get ~$80 for it.

[quote name='thelonepig']Anybody else notice the rapid increase in ebay sales for the first Persona game?

I'm actually considering parting with mine if I can get ~$80 for it.[/QUOTE]

I saw a few today going for $20ish around my lunch time. I was going to jump on them but held off knowing that I wouldnt get a chance to play it anytime soon.

The stories dont go in order do they?

[quote name='willardhaven']Most Gamestops around me still have TotA but it's 40 bucks... best shop on eBay.[/QUOTE]
most of the auction ended over $40 shipped. I think amazon is better.

I sold my Persona 1 like a year ago, and I got a surprising amount for it. Somewhere between $30-100. Either way it was a profit.

I think Atlus explained that if the shipped PS3 out without the artbook, then it couldn't ship it out with the audio CD since the outerbox is designed to store the game, CD, and book. If the game were to ship without the book, then the outer box could get crushed/damage. We are not sure what the exact problems with the art book is but it is one serious enough that it could not be shipped out on release. I think Atlus took the high road delaying the release to deliver us the product that it promised and it is fortunate that we only have to wait a few more weeks.

[quote name='Brian9824']Every copy is going to come with an art book and CD in a big box ala DDS. It's their way of thanking fans for waiting 8 years for a sequel.[/quote]

I was just looking on gamestop and they state that the artbook and cd are a bonus while supplies last. They make it sound like if you wait to long you might not get these items,

[quote name='Baron O Hell']I was just looking on gamestop and they state that the artbook and cd are a bonus while supplies last. They make it sound like if you wait to long you might not get these items,[/quote]

Yea, it's a ploy GS uses to get customers to buy from them. It's the same concept they tried to pull with Ar Tonelico + 'bonus' artbook.

Hello, I pre-ordered this at gamestop I didn't think bestbuy would carry this so i'm now thinking of taking my pre-order off to buy it at bestbuy I rather buy it there because of rewards points I'm just wondering will they refund my $5 or make me do store credit? I don't mind store credit, but it'd be nice to know.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']Hello, I pre-ordered this at gamestop I didn't think bestbuy would carry this so i'm now thinking of taking my pre-order off to buy it at bestbuy I rather buy it there because of rewards points I'm just wondering will they refund my $5 or make me do store credit? I don't mind store credit, but it'd be nice to know.[/quote]

Well, from my experience - I was able to get my refund from preordering Halo 3, when I got a better deal at Best Buy as well. If you paid cash to preorder - you should be able to get cash back.

However, from some 'nasty' stories regarding GS/EB they may give you store credit instead. Don't allow for this.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Does anyone know if the game ends if the Protagonist dies?[/quote]

Well assuming that it follows typical RPG tendencies.... I think if everyone in the party dies - the game is over.

You should ask Markman since he's the one that already played, finished, & reviewed the game.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Does anyone know if the game ends if the Protagonist dies?[/quote]

Yeah, as soon as your protagonist dies, it's game over. On the bright side, the game over scene is one of the best I've seen, second only to the one in SMT:Nocturne.

[quote name='suko_32']Picked up the guide today. I'm happy.[/quote]

How is it? I'm not a guide person but would you recomend it?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']How is it? I'm not a guide person but would you recomend it?[/quote]

2x I like to know as well. I was a bit skeptical to get the nocturne guide before when I had a chance... now I wish I didn't since the game is quite difficult. I wonder if this will be the same for the Persona 3.

I remember getting the Nocturne guide for $10 at EB a long time ago. Even though I end up selling the game on ebay, the guide was definitely worth it, even at asking price.

As for the Persona 3 guide, I'm not sure if it's worth $20. I've never played a Persona game (even though I have owned Persona 2 for a while) so I can't really tell. It doesn't use glossy paper like Disgaea 2. It does give recommendations on what to do day per day and seems well laid out. I'll know whether it's good or not once Persona 3 comes out. Lastly, I'm also not a guide person as well, so sorry if I offered nothing useful in comments.

Oh, and I got this by flipping at EB so technically it cost me nothing.

I got my guide in the mail today. I thought I wouldn't like it all that much becuse of the size, but it works. I love the history of japanese school systems that is in the front and it has a schedule that can be followed to get the most out of the game. i recommend getting it. ^_^

Thanks guys, I think I'l pick this guide up. In the Nocturne guide they had a brief history of some of the fiend demons & an interview, I like that extra stuff. It helps to understand the game more. So they have stuff like that in this one too?

bread's done
Back