The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I would advise against this.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind saying why? I got a copy of Odin Sphere, and hopefully this game from them online seeing as how Amazon let me know that I wouldn't receive the game until the 30th. I haven't had a problem with them online at all-- in store? thats another story.

TWO MORE DAYS!

The anticipation is killing me. Unfortunately, when I have such feelings, they usually go to shit once I play the game (see Valkyrie Profile 2 as a recent example). I hope it's different for this game, and it looks like it might be.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']TWO MORE DAYS!

The anticipation is killing me. Unfortunately, when I have such feelings, they usually go to shit once I play the game (see Valkyrie Profile 2 as a recent example). I hope it's different for this game, and it looks like it might be.[/quote]

That's a sad attitude to have toward your hobby...

It's all good, the game will arrive in due time.

BB has a ship date of Jul 31 which means it will be in stores there on August 1 if all goes well.

Sucks it's being delayed but I hope it's delayed two weeks instead of one. That way it happens after my next paycheck and doesn't coincide its release with Brave Story. :p

Those fucking bastards..... Holy shit..... fuck you, Atlus. I don't give a flying fuck about your shitty artbook, I want the game. You could just have people send in for one, like a rebate offer, like what you did with Thousand Arms years ago. Now I have to wait at least another week for this game in an already slow-as-molasses summer for games.

Gamestop.com has it as 7/31 now, FYI.

Heh...delayed. Now that it's not coming out until the end of July I'm passing for sure and just waiting for LAIR and Stranglehold in August.

[quote name='MarkMan']Huge batch of dead discs... X_X

This might take awhile.... (goes back to playing)

LOLOL[/QUOTE]

....awh...man.....

**sad Charlie Brown music plays**

The delay is unfortunate, but at least they're making sure everything will be there as promised. I was planning on picking this up in a couple days w/ EB credit and playing this weekend. :oldman:

I'm actually kinda glad for the delay. I'm in the middle of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and it gives me a chance to beat it. Once P3 comes out it'll be exclusivly taking control of my life.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I'm actually kinda glad for the delay. I'm in the middle of Castlevania: Curse of Darkness and it gives me a chance to beat it. Once P3 comes out it'll be exclusivly taking control of my life.[/quote]

Is CoD better than LoI? Lament is the worst Castlevania I've ever played (never played the N64 games).

Back on topic: Getting a high quality artbook for free is not something cheap people should be complaining about. 1-2 weeks for binding that might last years is a worthy cause I'd say.

Markman: Why did you say dead discs? Atlus has stated its delayed shipment is strictly due to shoddy artbooks.

Yeah, but if you don't want the artbook it doesn't matter if it's free. Now if it had been a problem with the soundtrack I wouldn't mind the delay.

[quote name='MarkMan']Huge batch of dead discs... X_X

This might take awhile.... (goes back to playing)

LOLOL[/quote]

Umm by dead discs you mean problems with art book?

[quote name='willardhaven']Is CoD better than LoI? Lament is the worst Castlevania I've ever played (never played the N64 games).[/QUOTE]

Yes, CoD is much better than LoI. The only bad thing about CoD is the boring level design which gets repetitive, and makes back tracking a pain. Music, story, characters, & battles are all very well done. I think the game came out at a bad time, right after God of War which raised the bar for this type of game. *ahem* Way off topic.

Anyways, I give you the intro to P3:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzHpCOPsVbo[/MEDIA]

Sweet intro, I'm thinking of firing up Persona 2 in the meantime. BTW The strategy guide is in most GS stores so I'm thinking of picking it up.

Off topic again: LoI's boring level designs killed the game for me, I gave it 2-3 hours and got to around 30% and couldn't stand it anymore. I have CoD sealed so I dunno what I'm going to do with it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']fuck the artbook! I want the game...[/QUOTE]
We actually agree on something??;)

Well, now I have no idea what I'm gonna do for another week. I've been replaying old-ass games I've already played all summer, guess I'll just keep doing that....

[quote name='willardhaven']Sweet intro, I'm thinking of firing up Persona 2 in the meantime. BTW The strategy guide is in most GS stores so I'm thinking of picking it up.[/QUOTE]

How does the guide look? Is it worth picking up? Normally I don't buy guides but I might for this one. I think the last guide I bought was for Nocturne which helped big time for fusing demons.

Yeah, seriously. A fucking art book? Atlus will have accomplished something impossible if I actually look at it. If someone stole it and shat all over it, I wouldn't care. It's a fucking art book. fuck it.

I am considering not purchasing any more Atlus games after this. Or at least buying them used so they don't get a dime of my money. Delaying a game for three weeks on the day before it's supposed to be released because of a manufacturing problem on something that should have been finished and checked over weeks ago is one of the least professional things I've ever seen as a gamer or a consumer (that was a ridiculously long sentence). Even Working Designs never pulled bullshit like this.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I am considering not purchasing any more Atlus games after this. Or at least buying them used so they don't get a dime of my money. Delaying a game for three weeks on the day before it's supposed to be released because of a manufacturing problem on something that should have been finished and checked over weeks ago is one of the least professional things I've ever seen as a gamer or a consumer (that was a ridiculously long sentence). Even Working Designs never pulled bullshit like this.[/quote]

Yes they did. They delayed Lunar Eternal Blue on the playstation for over a year then made no improvements and just copied and pasted the voiceacting from the sega cd version along with most to all of the text.

[quote name='Paco']Yes they did. They delayed Lunar Eternal Blue on the playstation for over a year then made no improvements and just copied and pasted the voiceacting from the sega cd version along with most to all of the text.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if i am wrong but from what i remember it was Working Design not Atlus that delayed Lunar: EB.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']NEW RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED TO BE AUGUST 14TH:
http://www.atlus.com/atlus_forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=170&sid=14b96553cd03849a412847826d2366cc

Dude. What. The. fuck.[/QUOTE]

Holy Shit... Thats close to a month delay now innit? Man that sucks actually, I was thinking a week tops, but not Three. Hell Bioshock comes out the week after, and when that happens I'm all but dead to the world. I really wish now that there were two editions, cause I would scrap my order for the deluxe and just get the game. Honestly, I'll look at the artbook once---rip the CD on my computer and that would be about it.

Grimey, thats all I gotta say-- you'd think they would have caught this earlier, or at least handled the choice better by offering a game only version.

[quote name='nmon3447']Correct me if i am wrong but from what i remember it was Working Design not Atlus that delayed Lunar: EB.[/quote]
Ugh.... The last post ended with "Working Designs never did this bullshit" I wrote down yes they did and gave one example of their tomfoolery.

[quote name='nmon3447']Correct me if i am wrong but from what i remember it was Working Design not Atlus that delayed Lunar: EB.[/quote]

I do believe Paco was referring to Working Designs as a response to dead of knight's statement regarding's Working Designs 'non delaying a game' status.

//edit. already clarified.... :).

[quote name='willardhaven']RPG fans are a whiny bunch.[/quote]

Well, this game has been on a list for a long time and it was just about to be released and then suddenly Atlus does something that's LULZ worthy. Of course people are going to make shenanigans out of this.

bread's done
Back