The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It's also $46.99 on Amazon instead of 50.[/QUOTE]

Hey, even better!

I'll have to throw down a preorder next week when I'm in my new place. Hopefully it'll still be $46.99 :lol:

That' saving a good $7 over the retail one since I'm not paying tax either.

There is also a new game +, which i am sure a lot of people will be happy.

I hope Frys will have this on sale. I got DDS 1 for $39.99 and DDS2 for $37.99 on release day.

EB's whole "ZOMG PREORDER MADNESS" thing with Persona 3 almost tricked me. I was going to preorder it from them so I could get the soundtrack, but since legitimate retailers will have that as well... fuck them.

About 20 hours in... I'm really diggin' it... some ppl might find it a bit repetitive but the whole way you progress through things is unique enough for me at least, that I keep going back to it.

This has got to be one of the best mixes of RPG/SIM in recent memory... I'll try to get some non spoiler gameplay/cutscene vids soon....

hope a better online pre-order comes up. I don't have to have this one on launch day (since I'll probably be working through DDS2), so screw EB/GS and their "bonus offer" of stuff that already comes packed in the game.

OK, 40 hours in.

This game is awesome.

It is VERY different(Atlus games usually are).... I'm loving it...

Make sure you guys support ATLUS and get this game next month!

I'm pretty excited for this. Next month for me seems to be Ninja Gaiden and this. Nothing else big that I can think of coming out next month for PS3/PS2 since LAIR got delayed I believe.

I really like the idea of doing stuff in school and not fighting all the time.

[quote name='MarkMan']OK, 40 hours in.

This game is awesome.

It is VERY different(Atlus games usually are).... I'm loving it...

Make sure you guys support ATLUS and get this game next month![/quote]

Has the story held up well? One of my biggest pet peeves is getting 2 hours of story, then just running around for 4 or 5 hours with nothing then repeat. When I heard about the sim/rpg format I was a bit scared that this would be the case.

How different is the game depending on the relationships you form? I'm curious just how it affects gameplay. I've read there's around 20 or so interactions you can have?

There are 22 different 'social links' in the game...

Basically you date/befriend a person connected to a certain persona type, that is a social link... once you have established a link it will grant you bonuses as you 'fuse' Personas.... For example...

Yuko is the social link of the Strength Persona. When fusing persona cards and the end result is one of the Strength type, however strong your social link/relationship is with Yuko will be added in as a level up bonus to your person that you create.

Hope that wasn't too confusing :(

That's the first real gameplay footage I've seen of the game and yeah... I really can't wait for this game. Sigh...

oh, and the music that plays on the field there was really good... I'm hoping this soundtrack is on the level of the previous SMT games rather than on Devil Summoner's level...

[quote name='MarkMan']Sorry I wasn't clear, I have the US version, can't say why or how, but it is not pirated... More impressions tonight![/quote]
Did it come with the art book and soundtrack? I'm curious what the packaging is like.

Also, nice blog and clip of gameplay. I like the voice acting and I'm glad they didn't censor anything or changed the music.

Beat this game recently, I'll post more of the vids I promised earlier... I have about 4 more...

I just gotta say this was my best gaming experience of 2007 so far, and I've played a LOT of games.

Good job Atlus!

Did Atlus keep most of the original music? They replaced the opening song in DDS with some techno music, and I'm hoping they kept the original opening song (Burn my Dread) in Persona 3.

And like Mark said earlier, support Atlus and buy Persona 3! Someone (from Team Atlus) on the Atlus board said that if P3 does well, we might have a chance of seeing Persona 3 FES come over here.

Eh, well they did keep the intro song for DDS 2.

Though really, I much preferred the song DDS 1 had in the US. I have the soundtrack and the intro for the Japanese version simply doesn't compare... it's just a remix of other songs IIRC.

Nevermind, I watched the 1st 7 mins video on the high score online blog finally (I skipped straight to the bonus footage when I first found the page), and it answered my own question. :p

How many of you are pre-ordering this through amazon?

Are you guys sure that the art-book & sound track comes with the "version" amazon is selling? I cannot seem to find any mention of those in the amazon item description...

I'd be very sad if I order from amazon to save a few bucks & no tax, but then not get the art-book and sound track.

Thansk!

As far as we all know there is only one version of the game, and it includes the bonus stuff. I am not pre-ordering from amazon because I don't think anyone has ever gotten a pre-ordered game quickly from amazon. And if they have, it hasn't been a game as small as P3.

[quote name='aerozero']They replaced the opening song in DDS with some techno music, [/quote] Yeah, this wouldn't be so bad if it was a licensing problem, but from the sounds of a comment on their forums, it sounds like they just didn't like the song. Which is a shame because I love it. Goes a lot better with the opening video, and the song is a part of the game, for chrissakes.

I just pre-ordered from Gamecrazy after raping the extra 50% trade in deal... basically got it for $20 and can't wait. Too bad I have finals the week after it releases :(

[quote name='MarkMan']Beat this game recently, I'll post more of the vids I promised earlier... I have about 4 more...

I just gotta say this was my best gaming experience of 2007 so far, and I've played a LOT of games.

Good job Atlus![/quote]Thats good to hear. :) I've got this game pre ordered since March! 3 more weeks and it's here! I'm a fan of long games and loads of cinematics, how long did it take you to beat this game?

[quote name='Asgardian']How many of you are pre-ordering this through amazon?

Are you guys sure that the art-book & sound track comes with the "version" amazon is selling? I cannot seem to find any mention of those in the amazon item description...

I'd be very sad if I order from amazon to save a few bucks & no tax, but then not get the art-book and sound track.

Thansk![/QUOTE]
because there is only one version of Persona 3

I'd also like to know how long your game time was, MarkMan, and whether you spent alot of time on sidequests and stuff or stuck mainly to the story.

I preordered it a while ago, along with Rivera: The Promised Land for the PSP at my local Gamestop. If you guys gave them an email, they might've sent you a coupon for 10% off your next purchase.

My coupon expires on the 6th, so I'll be heading to my Gamestop soon to pay in full and use the 10% code to save some cash.

My file had logged in 51 hours when I beat it... My character's level was 75(If that matters)...

I didn't do all the sidequests, but I did pretty much all of them. If ppl don't mind or if ppl are interested I'll go in depth if anyone has any specific questions on the games... Of course let's all use spoiler tags...

I would say it is "good enough"... It's not the best thing the game has going for it, but it does the job...

However, I read up on FES and what happens in the storyline after Persona 3 going towards the extra parts of Persona 3: FES, and I'd have to say if that part was included, it'd be one of the most unique/well done RPG stories....

Seriously though, its worth a try... :)

[quote name='MarkMan']However, I read up on FES and what happens in the storyline after Persona 3 going towards the extra parts of Persona 3: FES, and I'd have to say if that part was included, it'd be one of the most unique/well done RPG stories....[/quote]

Hopefully sales of P3 are good enough to make Atlus bring FES over. I have doubts though, the Shin Megami Tensei series isn't well known in the US though and with that ugly cover P3 is sporting (I honestly have no idea why Atlus changed the cover), many people will pass this game by.

Some characters are good, some of them could get on my nerves. I can't remember if there's a Japanese voice option in this game, but DDS didn't have it.

[quote name='moonknight25']Is it true that you have to shoot yourself in head to do certain spells?[/QUOTE]

That is how Persona skills are used in this game. Anything that isn't a regular attack is Persona based(or item based).

I've been wanting to get this game it looks fun thank you MarkMan for posting this it has helped me some while waiting for the release.

One question though this game will be in a box so will it be shrinked wraped?

The reason I ask this is the gamestop in my area tapes the receipt to the game and if it's a box i'm afraid the tape might screw it up and tear some of the cover off they used to keep it on to of the game, but recently they're doing this. =\

I was going to buy from the atlus store, but it's closed for maintenance.

Thanks for the help.

All new games are shrinked wrapped, including boxed ones I think...why don't you ask the Gamestop people to not tape the reciept to the game before you actually give them the money?

I hate to ask because I'm sure it's already been mentioned but I'm too lazy to check beyond this thread.

Has it been confirmed that every version of Persona 3 is the 'Special Edition' advertised by Gamestop? I would rather buy it from Amazon since I have credit there from returned gift items.

[quote name='Vinny']I hate to ask because I'm sure it's already been mentioned but I'm too lazy to check beyond this thread.

Has it been confirmed that every version of Persona 3 is the 'Special Edition' advertised by Gamestop? I would rather buy it from Amazon since I have credit there from returned gift items.[/QUOTE]
it has been confirmed there is only 1 version

bread's done
Back