The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

No, Persona 3 is an entirely new story and universe, there are only a few mentions of the P1/2 story i.e. the main character plays an MMO called Innocent Sin, a reference to Persona 2: Innocent Sin, with a girl named Maya (one of the main characters in the P2 saga).

The whole reference to Persona 2 in the game is hilarious... they did a great job adding their own humor to that part...

MarkMan, quick question for you.

Having beat the game, what kind of language (swearing) and how much is involved?

In other words, were I to purchase this game can I play it around my little girl or does it need to wait until she's in bed?

It's not for rent yet since it hasn't been released yet also i've never seen any of these games for rent near me i'd just wait for reviews and buy it or pre-order it.

[quote name='thelonepig']MarkMan, quick question for you.

Having beat the game, what kind of language (swearing) and how much is involved?

In other words, were I to purchase this game can I play it around my little girl or does it need to wait until she's in bed?[/QUOTE]

It's not too bad... the worst things they say IMO is....

"Shit..."

"Get back here you son of a..."

"Let's kick some ass..."

Those are exact quotes.... so it's up to you from there...

[quote name='MarkMan']It's not too bad... the worst things they say IMO is....

"Shit..."

"Get back here you son of a..."

"Let's kick some ass..."

Those are exact quotes.... so it's up to you from there...[/quote]

Excellent. Thank you sir.

Put down my preorder today.

[quote name='MarkMan']The whole reference to Persona 2 in the game is hilarious... they did a great job adding their own humor to that part...[/QUOTE]
How much do you have to know about P2 to "get it"?

I really want this game. has anyone here got a copy yet? when is it supposed to be out? Does the jap vers have english?

[quote name='PepsiMan']I really want this game. has anyone here got a copy yet? when is it supposed to be out? Does the jap vers have english?[/quote]I take it that you didnt read the first post. :dunce:

[quote name='Derrick1979']good thing is that you don't need to pre-order this game to get the goodies they said all the games for sale would be the SE one...[/quote] So every sale of Persona 3 comes with Artbook and CD? I don't understand what you're saying here...

Everyone version comes with the artbook and CD.

There is ONLY one version.

This may change with later reprints(if any are made)...

-------

[quote name='pete5883']Put down my preorder today.

How much do you have to know about P2 to "get it"?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely ZERO %.

There are some minor references, but it is used for comedy relief...

I reserved this yesterday against my better judgment at Gamestop. I would have gotten it at Amazon but I want to have it as soon as possible, and I don't want to wait for it to ship.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I've had this preorded for months now. A Tales game this week, and Persona 3 next week. RPG heaven.[/quote]
Yeah me too. Out of curiosity are you playing Abyss? I'm ~35 hours in.

Heads up to people preordering at GS, this will be at Best Buy (we have 4 on the way at my store).

We had the same 4 Ar Tonelico copies in store for a few months before they sold so you have a good chance of finding at BB.

[quote name='willardhaven']Heads up to people preordering at GS, this will be at Best Buy (we have 4 on the way at my store).[/quote]

Excellent. Thank you for the confirmation. Too bad the game comes out just a few days after the 10% off coupons expire (20th - 23rd). At least this will get me halfway to that summer of entertainment $10 coupon.

You wouldn't happen to know if stores will be carrying the strategy guide too, would you?

1 more week gents! If anyone has any worries or hesitation about getting the game, or want some questions answered, feel free to ask!

When I get my strat guide in from double jump, I'm going to replay the game again and try to see EVERYTHING that is in the game...

[quote name='CheapAssGamer.com']Persona 3 is coming to the Playstation 2. It is an RPG brought to you by Atlus, a company known for releasing RPGs.[/QUOTE]
No way!

[quote name='MarkMan']Everyone version comes with the artbook and CD.

There is ONLY one version.

This may change with later reprints(if any are made)...[/quote]
Awesome, thanks.

Too bad I have finals on the 1st and 2nd... this one's gonna be on the shelf for at least a month. Glad I got it preordered though during the Gamecrazy 50% extra credit offer... flipped a few CC clearance titles and 5$ BB frontlanes and pretty much got P3 for 20$.

I think I'm going to play P2 before this, that's been in the backlog for a while now as well. Graduating semester sucks... but on the bright side, I'll be able to kick back for at least a month and put a dent in this ridiculous backlog.

Any of our BB or CC employed members know if either of those stores will be carrying this? Since BB stocked Odin Sphere (and Grim Grimoire), I assume they'll have this as well, but it's not listed on their site.

[quote name='Allnatural']Any of our BB or CC employed members know if either of those stores will be carrying this? Since BB stocked Odin Sphere (and Grim Grimoire), I assume they'll have this as well, but it's not listed on their site.[/QUOTE]

I realize it's a 7-page thread but try reading back at least a page, amazing what you'll find.

Like the answer to your question 6 posts up from yours! #-o

[quote name='keithp']I realize it's a 7-page thread but try reading back at least a page, amazing what you'll find.

Like the answer to your question 6 posts up from yours! #-o[/quote]
Figures. I blame the search, since I did search the thread for "best buy" (and "bb" and "circuit city" and...). 8-[

I wish there was a way I could ensure I got it on the 24th-- I doubt that would happen since its not one of those street busting games-- but thats the start of my weekend and I'd love to have all that time to play.

There isn't any known way of getting it from atlus on release date is there? That would be wonderful. Can't wait.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']I wish there was a way I could ensure I got it on the 24th-- I doubt that would happen since its not one of those street busting games-- but thats the start of my weekend and I'd love to have all that time to play.

There isn't any known way of getting it from atlus on release date is there? That would be wonderful. Can't wait.[/quote]

Order it, pick it up at retail and then return your ordered copy with the retail receipt (i recommend amazon to save 6 bucks after tax).

[quote name='willardhaven']Order it, pick it up at retail and then return your ordered copy with the retail receipt (i recommend amazon to save 6 bucks after tax).[/quote]

Except the ship date for the game is the 24th. Nobody should have this on the shelf until the 25th.

Just thought I'd mention that so nobody goes running out to EB or BB or CC on the 24th.

It received a good review (8.5?) from Game Informer in the latest issue, for those who pay attention to such things.

[quote name='aerozero']I'm surprised it beat out Xenosaga and Blue Dragon.[/QUOTE]
the only game it didnt have to beat out was FF12, which got game of the year.

[quote name='62t']the only game it didnt have to beat out was FF12, which got game of the year.[/QUOTE]
More proof that Famitsu is written by a bunch of morons.

I have a couple of questions for MarkMan or anyone else who has played the game.

1) How do you acquire new persona? Based on what i have seen, it seems as though the method used in Persona 2 has been eliminated (ie..collecting "x" # of material cards and summoning desired persona in the velvet room).

2) How do Persona level up (if at all)? Is it like Persona 2 which required a set # of summons for each persona in order to level up and gain new abilities?

1) For the main character you gain new persona by either earning them after battles (via shuffle time;a bonus game that occurs after battle) or by fusing other persona cards together to make new ones. (Make sure you register your Persona in your compendium in the Velvet room, that way you can always summon a persona that you've owned before; it just costs money).

2) They level up like the main character does... whatever Persona you have equipped when you gain exp, that persona will also gain exp... There is a notification on your persona status screen that shows when the next spell will be learned(ie; next lvl 15, etc)... Each persona can only have 8 abilities at a time, when another one comes along you will be asked to discard one.

[quote name='MarkMan']Each persona can only have 8 abilities at a time, when another one comes along you will be asked to discard one.[/QUOTE]
Ugh I couldn't stand when they did this in SMT. Why can't it just be like DDS where you can only equip a certain number at once?

persona3-cover.jpg

Thanks Work88,
Sweet.:drool:

Actually the cover above is the actual cover of the game case within the Deluxe Box.

We're not sure if the Deluxe box itself is reversible yet, hopefully it is.

got the guide today!!!

there was not any kind of bookmark in it tho... and it's seems rather lightweight compared to Makai Kingdom / Disgaea 2 / Phantom Brave guides...

I wont be buying this game this month tho... spent too much cash already. wait til august.

bread's done
Back