The - PERSONA 3 / PERSONA 3 FES - Thread! (FES OUT NOW! $30!)

I would have gone back, I have no shame in being a pest to GS.

I have yet to be charged from Amazon, and since my TotA already charged (but not shipped), I figure I will be getting Persona 3 later after all.

Damn it to hell, looks like next week Wednesday at the latest. I may just buy a copy at GS and later return my Amazon copy.

[quote name='jeremywoods']anyways, i never played the first two, and was wondering if this game is worth buying? hows its replay value and everything?[/QUOTE]

The game's not out till tomarrow so most of use can't really comment on it. However Markman got an early copy about a month ago and said it was great. If you go back a few pages you could find his posts. I haven't heard one bad thing about this game yet, other than the fact that Atlus took to damn long to launch the game.

Got my copy in the other day... gonna keep it sealed up since I can just play my review copy... but everyone! The wait is finally over!

Enjoy the game! I'm going to play through it again with the strat guide after my lil' media trip next week!

I just got a call from Gamestop saying that they were expecting to have the game in tomorrow. I'm hoping it's there when I am coming home from work.

I wasn't going to get this game, but the excellent reviews are getting to me, even with the blah dating sim elements. Is the Limited/Special/Deluxe edition the only one? i.e. Family Video doesn't say it includes the art book and all that, but I haven't seen any store have listings for two versions.

[quote name='botticus']I wasn't going to get this game, but the excellent reviews are getting to me, even with the blah dating sim elements. Is the Limited/Special/Deluxe edition the only one? i.e. Family Video doesn't say it includes the art book and all that, but I haven't seen any store have listings for two versions.[/QUOTE]

Aha, you're doomed. You may as well get it! Once you get the bug there's no cure!

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I just got a call from Gamestop saying that they were expecting to have the game in tomorrow. I'm hoping it's there when I am coming home from work.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I would've suggested to update everyone's Persona every 10 levels. In Persona 2 I did it every 5 levels, cause that game is really hard. Near the end everyone has a specific Persona only they can use. The "Hero's" I remember being Ashura the demon on the front cover. But Chris gets the absoulte best, Lucifer. To bad he has to be lvl 99 to use him.

Chris is troublesome to get cause you're not able to recruit him till you're a good 1/3 in the game so you have to deal with having only 4 characters till you get him. Plus if you don't meet the requirements and mess something up he wont join you and you're stuck without having that extra person for the rest of the game.

And Yuki is the extra character we never got to use, except for the first hour of the game. I read she get to use a shot gun.[/QUOTE]

Well that advice is kind of useless now since I just beat it a few hours ago. Relied on Persona that give me more bang for my buck, low level requirements accompany with good skills and Nukemore stone for offensive punch. Halo and Azeral defiantly fits the bill. I focus majority of my offensive might on guns. They are pretty resourceful on boss battles since they have low defense against it.

This game sure have lots of save limitation. I find it strange that they allow you to save in beginning of dungeon, but zero save spots near boss fights. This is extremely annoying. Majority of stages are built like mazes, constantly looping back and forth when exit point is right next to you divide by one wall. It took me about 2 hours to climb to top for last dungeon with no save spots near the last boss. That does matter to me anymore; there is no way I'm going to replay that game unless I want to put the ending on youtube.

I never realize getting Chris was a big hindrance to your party. Of course, I did use my default Persona majority of game.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I just got a call from Gamestop saying that they were expecting to have the game in tomorrow. I'm hoping it's there when I am coming home from work.[/QUOTE]

I got call as well.

How long have some of you been playing video games? Unless your game is important enough to get street dated (Madden or Halo) it never comes out on the "release" date. It's really a ship date. It arrives in game speciality stores like EB the next day, and it trickles out to other retailers depending on how much they pay for shipping.

Should know that by now...

Anyway it shipped, game is on the trucks. You preordered at EB/GS/GC, then you'll have it tomorrow. Relax.

Any Updates on Best Buy? Website still shows 8/21 release, but I'm curious if any stores have the game on the shelves already.

(The gamer in me wants to play this game ASAP, but the CAG in me wants that $10 from the Summer of Entertainment promotion.)

[quote name='fatbeer']t took me about 2 hours to climb to top for last dungeon with no save spots near the last boss. That does matter to me anymore; there is no way I'm going to replay that game unless I want to put the ending on youtube.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. That last dungeon is ridiculous without a midway save-point. But you beat it just in time for P3.

[quote name='bjkrautk']Any Updates on Best Buy? Website still shows 8/21 release, but I'm curious if any stores have the game on the shelves already.

(The gamer in me wants to play this game ASAP, but the CAG in me wants that $10 from the Summer of Entertainment promotion.)[/QUOTE]seriously!!

I wanna play this so much, I'ma skip out on 2 of the 3 RPGS I had to play prior to this.

I jus gotta expedite my completion of Suikoden II... this weekend prolly.

[quote name='bjkrautk']Any Updates on Best Buy? Website still shows 8/21 release, but I'm curious if any stores have the game on the shelves already.

(The gamer in me wants to play this game ASAP, but the CAG in me wants that $10 from the Summer of Entertainment promotion.)[/quote]

I just got off the phone with my BB and was told that even if the game came out today everywhere else, they are held to the 8/21 street date.

Odd? Sure. True? Probably YMMV. My store is so small I doubt they'll even get any copies in.

(The gamer in me wants to play this game ASAP, but the CAG in me wants that $10 from the Summer of Entertainment promotion.)[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would buy it from another store, play it now, then when it comes out at Best Buy, buy another copy, and return the sealed one to the original store. :whistle2:D.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Just got home with my copy! Off to play![/quote]

Ditto, although I might not start until tomorrow. Damn amazon order fell through again and had to go out and buy a copy. Ugh.

Just got my copy.

Bought it at EB as familyvid still has me listed on backorder. Mayhaps they'll get it to me w/in 30 days and I can return the unopened to EB.

Anybody feel there's a chance Toys R Us will get this by Saturday so that the 20% coupon can be used? I don't know receiving days of Toys R Us, or even if they plan on getting this game.

So! It has begun, if anyone needs help I'm sure the CAGers that have already played the US/import copies would be willing to lend some advice! Remember ppl,

USE SPOILER TAGS!

I forgot this was out today.

As much as it pains me I'm passing on it for now. School's starting Monday and no way will I be able to beat this by then.

I put them out at my Best Buy store, the street dates in the system are incorrect. It lists Xbox 360 pro as Street Date - 09-01-07... and corporate strictly said sell as soon as you receive.

Only Madden and new DVD/CDs have hard street dates right now, for all other items we get them Wednesday after their release, so it is impossible to violate rules.

[quote name='willardhaven']I put them out at my Best Buy store, the street dates in the system are incorrect. It lists Xbox 360 pro as Street Date - 09-01-07... and corporate strictly said sell as soon as you receive.

Only Madden and new DVD/CDs have hard street dates right now, for all other items we get them Wednesday after their release, so it is impossible to violate rules.[/QUOTE]
And Bioshock?

I should be playing Persona 3 by tonight.

[quote name='zewone']And Bioshock?

I should be playing Persona 3 by tonight.[/quote]

Yeah that has one as well, it was the only one with a special note next to it that I saw besides Madden.

I'm about 4 hours in and I must tell every RPG fan to buy this game, no if's and's or but's. Simply awsome concept!!!! Modern day RPGs should become a fad like Reality TV.

[quote name='phear3d']for those who hasnt yet, can anyone see if they can use this coupon

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148803

its 10% off your next purchase at GS/EB. doesnt have any exclusions on New games. im going to pick my copy today at gamecrazy since i had it preordered there.[/QUOTE]

I used it. It works fine. The clerk had never seen it before and was pleasantly surprised. He tucked it away so he could use it or something.

[quote name='willardhaven']I put them out at my Best Buy store, the street dates in the system are incorrect. It lists Xbox 360 pro as Street Date - 09-01-07... and corporate strictly said sell as soon as you receive.

Only Madden and new DVD/CDs have hard street dates right now, for all other items we get them Wednesday after their release, so it is impossible to violate rules.[/quote]
Cool thanks for the info willardhaven I was going to call the bestbuy near me anyways, but it's good to know that was wrong date on site..

On the atlus forums for persona there's a thread about a misprint nothing big, but on the back of the game case it says 67mb for memory.. lol

Well I called the BB near me no one in media area was picking up my guess their busy so I wait 15 mins call again and get a lady on the phone I asked for media, but she asked if she could help so I tell her the name of the game well she looked it up on the computer so of coarse it showed up as being released on the 21st she also said something about it being deleted I dunno so I asked her if I could talk to someone in the media area and she wouldn't let me.. >.< ah well i'll call tommarow..

my sound problem cleared up.

1st time I loaded it, the graphics were "twitching" and the sound was going in and out.

then I loaded it without upscaling on and it was fine. then I reloaded it with upscaling and smoothing back on full and it was fine again. must've just been a fluke glitch.

[quote name='Apossum']my sound problem cleared up.

1st time I loaded it, the graphics were "twitching" and the sound was going in and out.

then I loaded it without upscaling on and it was fine. then I reloaded it with upscaling and smoothing back on full and it was fine again. must've just been a fluke glitch.[/QUOTE]
I don't know. I tried a bunch of things. I tried changing the video output on my PS3, tried turning off smoothing, tried turning off the full screen, did a hard reset. The sound stayed fucked up. I just hooked my PS2 back up and am using that. I'm quite pissed about the whole affair.

I really like my PS3, but Sony needs to fix stuff like this immediately.

I'm hesitant to open mine since I happened to pick one with a slightly warped/squished box... I'm not sure if I want to risk exchanging it either.

Decisions.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm hesitant to open mine since I happened to pick one with a slightly warped/squished box... I'm not sure if I want to risk exchanging it either.

Decisions.[/QUOTE]

The collector in me wants to keep it sealed, the gamer wants to play it.

I totally regretted opening MGS3 Subsistance LE... i don't think it will be that expensive down the line but you never know.

MarkMan, or anyone else who may have played at advance/import copy - about how long does the core game take to complete? Just counting the required stuff.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']The collector in me wants to keep it sealed, the gamer wants to play it.

I totally regretted opening MGS3 Subsistance LE... i don't think it will be that expensive down the line but you never know.[/quote]

I'm crazy enough to be pondering a second copy to keep in case this goes DDS.

traded in smash bros melee and AOE2 for ds for this, so, only paid $32, but stupid me forgot to use the 10% off coupon :( it was in my pocket too!!! damn..oh well, still not too shabby
cant wait to start it , even though i got a buttload of games to beat first...i think i should just run this to the top of the line :)..

[quote name='willardhaven']I'm crazy enough to be pondering a second copy to keep in case this goes DDS.[/QUOTE]

manager at my local GS said they are getting very little of these if at all in stock, hell, he said i was really lucky to get it since i didnt reserve it :whistle2:x
i think i might get an extra copy too

They didn't get the game in at GameCrazy today, so I tried at Gamestop. The guy there was nice enough to sell me the copy he pre-ordered, since he said he could get another copy easily. That was very cool.

I'm not having any issues playing the game upscaled on my PS3 like some others are. It looks pretty nice at 1080i. :)

I also flipped through the artbook. It's okay, but I definitely don't think it was worth delaying the game for. =/

I'm kind of bummed about the strategy guide I picked up at Gamecrazy. I wasn't expecting Nocturne-level quality, but it's a bit thinner than I thought it would be. The one I got (the only copy that was in stock in either GC or GS) isn't in great condition either; also, for some reason, pages 193-200 kind of stick out of the book slightly - it's weird.

Oh well, this should be a great game to tide me over until classes start again in ~2 weeks.

bread's done
Back