The Post-Thanksgiving CAGcast Call-in extravaganza OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='seanr1221']Yes, why?[/QUOTE]

You were speaking of it like you didn't have it yet, so I figured you probably ordered it online.

Here's hoping it works alright when you get it.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You were speaking of it like you didn't have it yet, so I figured you probably ordered it online.

Here's hoping it works alright when you get it.[/QUOTE]

Going by Amazon review comments and the AVS forum I think it will be fine once PC mode is on.

There's only one guy on AVS who claims its fine for aiming in 3rd person shooters but there's lag in FPS which makes no sense.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What games?[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2 ($9)
God Of war 3 ($15)
Yakuza 4 ($11) - Walmart had it for $10, but there was no way I was going in there at midnight, just for that.

[quote name='eldergamer']Bioshock 2 ($9)
God Of war 3 ($15)
Yakuza 4 ($11) - Walmart had it for $10, but there was no way I was going in there at midnight, just for that.[/QUOTE]

You confirmed what I though with the 4, now the real question is, where did you get it for $11, since wallyworld were assholes and didn't put that item online?

--

"Calm down and take your Vagisil." :rofl:
I love the internet.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You confirmed what I though with the 4, now the real question is, where did you get it for $11, since wallyworld were assholes and didn't put that item online?

--

"Calm down and take your Vagisil." :rofl:
I love the internet.[/QUOTE]

Amazon had had it new for $11 (or $11.98?) for a few weeks now. I figured paying an extra two bucks was worth it to avoid a trip to walmart. And I had Amazon credit anyway.

If amazon had pricematched Uncharted 2 for $15 (since it's that price at Gamestop, Walmart, etc for BF) I would have gotten that too. Tried to get in on the lightning deal for Batman:AC for $30 but no dice.

Which is fine, I've really built my backlog up after trading alot of things in.

[quote name='eldergamer']Amazon had had it new for $11 (or $11.98?) for a few weeks now. I figured paying an extra two bucks was worth it to avoid a trip to walmart. And I had Amazon credit anyway.

If amazon had pricematched Uncharted 2 for $15 (since it's that price at Gamestop, Walmart, etc for BF) I would have gotten that too. Tried to get in on the lightning deal for Batman:AC for $30 but no dice.

Which is fine, I've really built my backlog up after trading alot of things in.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen it for $11 on amazon, I would have ordered that.
:checks amazon:
$20. fuck that.

I go to finalize buying this car on Monday:

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP V6 Supercharged with only 48,000 miles.

IMG_0172.jpg

[quote name='lordwow']I loved my Pontiac Grand Prix GT when I had it. Only thing that wasn't great was the MPG.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's only about 18/27 City/Hwy but should be decent enough for me.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Are you getting rid of the Monte Carlo? Something better be wrong with it because that car really is pretty fucking sweet.[/QUOTE]

No I am never getting rid of the Monte Carlo. They isn't anything major wrong with it I just needed something more reliable and such. It will be staying with my parents for a little bit.

The Grand Prix is in great shape since it was owned by a ~60 year old man who kept it in a garage.

I am sorely tempted to buy a TV on credit but being unemployed is making me second guess that. It's looking like I'll need to drop at least $700 as well if I want 3D.

Why? The only thing remotely positive about being unemployed is that you have a shit load of free time.

And Florida throws another (the third) interception.

I heard a stat that 25% of people from 24-35 are unemployed. I am not going to bother to fact check but god damn if its true that is prime college graduate age.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I've never seen it for $11 on amazon, I would have ordered that.
:checks amazon:
$20. fuck that.[/QUOTE]

It'd been that way for about a week through a 3rd party seller before BF.
There was a thread here about it.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308052&page=2

Busy day. Went to the mall to use my Old Navy Groupon and take advantage of some BF deals.

Drove into town to get gliding rocking chair for free. Went to target. 6.5 pre-lit christmas tree for only $30.
Then across the street to whole foods for wife's craving for Mochi.

(pre-emptively answering the What's Mochi Question:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mochi )

It isn't big enough. I have a 46" Sharp right now and once you buy that TV you will want something bigger.

I want to find a 60 inch panasonic plasma for around a grand. I don't care about 3D or anything like that, but I want the deep blacks of the plasma for movies.

I have nowhere near the space for anything larger than 47", and even that's pushing it. I was looking around Target today when I saw just how large 47" really is I realized I could probably even scale back to 42".

Starting to look at this as well. Way cheaper but slightly lower quality and I'll need to pay tax. Really, I shouldn't get anything but it's damn tempting to upgrade from my DLP Samsung to something full HD.

Is The Sopranos not available on Blu-Ray besides the first and last seasons? I was hoping there would be a 50% off or whatever HBO specials somewhere for BF.

Wow, the temperature is going to reach 69/70ish today and come Tuesday there is the possibility of snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I'm not getting notifications in my amazon cart anymore of when the price of stuff increases or decreases. I don't care for that.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I have nowhere near the space for anything larger than 47", and even that's pushing it. I was looking around Target today when I saw just how large 47" really is I realized I could probably even scale back to 42".

Starting to look at this as well. Way cheaper but slightly lower quality and I'll need to pay tax. Really, I shouldn't get anything but it's damn tempting to upgrade from my DLP Samsung to something full HD.[/QUOTE]

We went with the 5300 because the 5600 advantages were the Internet widgets and a higher contrast ratio.

Our 5300 should be in Wendesday. Just remember everyone around the Internet is saying you have to set it to "PC" mode which turns off all the extra stuff and eliminates controller lag in games. Except there's one guy at AVS insisting it's still there for battlefield, even though the lag is gone for other games, which makes no sense.

I once bought a Sharp that had major ghosting issues. Nothing worse than buying a new TV and having it turn out to be shit. Especially when the manufacturer promises to fix the glaring defect, then turns around and says it's normal and won't fix it.

PS. CAG blows. I didn't realize it was an arcade machine. Why do I need a fresh token to post a fucking comment?

Making shredded bbq chicken in the crock pot today. It's got ~5 hours to go but it smells pretty good already. I need to get some f'ing buns to eat it on though.

Goodness, so much Skyrim...Level 24. Only 3 quests in to the Main Quest...I havent even seen the Dragon in Whitemane yet...lol.

Why did mobile cag get super terrible over the past two weeks. I can't even post with mobile cag.

I have a sharp tv and its been fine but I understand where temp is coming from. I think I am going to go to by hhgregg to see what that led sharp looks like. I want a panny plasma but 900 plus tax for a 60 inch led is sweet.

Ha, same here. I haven't even gone to see the Graybeards or whatever and I'm a level 34.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Why did mobile cag get super terrible over the past two weeks. I can't even post with mobile cag.

I have a sharp tv and its been fine but I understand where temp is coming from. I think I am going to go to by hhgregg to see what that led sharp looks like. I want a panny plasma but 900 plus tax for a 60 inch led is sweet.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it was just a defective set. I was a loyal Sharp owner up until that point. Never had a single problem with any of my sets. The main issue was how they handled my problem. Never again will I buy a Sharp product, not because they're bad, they just have bad customer service.

Keep in mind, this was a 32 incher that I paid $900 for, so this is going back a ways.

[quote name='seanr1221']We went with the 5300 because the 5600 advantages were the Internet widgets and a higher contrast ratio.

Our 5300 should be in Wendesday. Just remember everyone around the Internet is saying you have to set it to "PC" mode which turns off all the extra stuff and eliminates controller lag in games. Except there's one guy at AVS insisting it's still there for battlefield, even though the lag is gone for other games, which makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. That will definitely influence it a bit. Currently it seems like I'm either paying tax or shipping because no single place has it for a good price without both.

Might take a ride to BB today to check it out and see if I can pricematch Walmarts price.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Garmin > Tomtom[/QUOTE]

We've had a TomTom for 4 years now. And it's decent, but nothing special. It definately needs some updates. It's always thought the Southbound exit to 205 is on your left, instead of your right.

I wish it had a search option for stores as well. It can find nearby gas stations, pharamcies, hospitals, hotels, etc. But try and find the nearest Target and you're going to need to plug in the address.

tl:dr;

It works, but it's not great. It's also 4 years old. I have no idea what marvelous advances have been made in GPS technology since then.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Ha, same here. I haven't even gone to see the Graybeards or whatever and I'm a level 34.
[/QUOTE]

I'm told you can hit the quest that unleashes random dragons into the world in about and hour of gameplay from starting out. I'm not sure why anyone would do anything in the first hour other than *THAT* to make the game that much more awesome for the rest of the time you sink into it. I know if they ever patch the fucking thing so that it runs properly and I can play my fucking copy, that will be my game plan without a doubt.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Interesting. That will definitely influence it a bit. Currently it seems like I'm either paying tax or shipping because no single place has it for a good price without both.

Might take a ride to BB today to check it out and see if I can pricematch Walmarts price.[/QUOTE]

Lemme know what you decide on or you can wait for Wednesday and I'll tell you what I think.

I won't have any movies to test in 3d, but I can check out Halo, Gears and Assassin's Creed.

The 3D isn't the biggest draw for me (though having passive is nice, shutter glasses give me a royal headache), it's more so upgrading from a 720p tube set to something really nice and HD. I'll be able to read text for once. If I get it though I have to get it today as it's the only time I can get my friend to help me with his truck. Still trying to decide though seeing I still have a lot of space on my Chase card I'm leaning towards yes.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']The 3D isn't the biggest draw for me (though having passive is nice, shutter glasses give me a royal headache), it's more so upgrading from a 720p tube set to something really nice and HD. I'll be able to read text for once. If I get it though I have to get it today as it's the only time I can get my friend to help me with his truck. Still trying to decide though seeing I still have a lot of space on my Chase card I'm leaning towards yes.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, then you tell me how it is ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm told you can hit the quest that unleashes random dragons into the world in about and hour of gameplay from starting out. I'm not sure why anyone would do anything in the first hour other than *THAT* to make the game that much more awesome for the rest of the time you sink into it. I know if they ever patch the fucking thing so that it runs properly and I can play my fucking copy, that will be my game plan without a doubt.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on how you play it. If you want to play it just for the epic battles, then that would be the route you go. I, on the other hand, will spend two hours looking for a potion of blacksmithing just so I can make my gauntlets of kickass arrows 2% stronger.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm told you can hit the quest that unleashes random dragons into the world in about and hour of gameplay from starting out. I'm not sure why anyone would do anything in the first hour other than *THAT* to make the game that much more awesome for the rest of the time you sink into it. I know if they ever patch the fucking thing so that it runs properly and I can play my fucking copy, that will be my game plan without a doubt.[/QUOTE]You know the name of that quest?

Got Skyrim on Saturday but I wasn't expecting it until Tuesday and had rented Assassin's Creed Revelations. So I got to finish up ACR before I start Skyrim. ACR is fun but I hate the little tower defense game thingy they added.

I wish Brett Ratner would have kept his fucking mouth shut. Eddie Murphy hosting the Oscar's would have gotten me to watch something I never watch and could have launched him back into a real nice comeback.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wish Brett Ratner would have kept his fucking mouth shut. Eddie Murphy hosting the Oscar's would have gotten me to watch something I never watch and could have launched him back into a real nice comeback.[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah. He seemed like he could be close to being back to his classic coke fueled hilarious self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back