The Post-Thanksgiving CAGcast Call-in extravaganza OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='munch']How is Rocksmith? Is there as bad of a lag as the complainers say? I'd like to try it.[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know after Xmas! LOL. Gift for me, but not today.

I think I found a way into Korea thanks to a newly found connection. The person is going to pass my resume onto a recruiter. Now to determine what age group I would enjoy teaching...

I'm sort of interested in that (never played either one), but I've got so much other stuff to play, that I think I'm going to pass.

My Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle is out for delivery! Woohoo!

Lousy false labor starts. Let's get this baby out of here.
(And then, vasectomy time!)

I could be going through AC 2 alot faster if I wasn't doing all this codex page gathering, viewpoint finding, and running back to my villa every few hours.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm surprised that we made it to December without really getting any snow.[/QUOTE]

We got like 8" here in the last half of October.

Getting our NBA fantasy league set up. BWALLIN'. On a sadder note, 16 hours of mandatory overtime in the next two weeks.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']This jogging shit is going to kill me.[/QUOTE]

fuck working out.

Solid State hard drives are the shit. fucking laptop is so much quicker with my new hard drive and the 8 gigs of RAM I threw in it.

I've always wanted to put a solid state drive in my laptop but don't know enough about it to actually make it happen. I'm told it's the way of the future.

[quote name='Maklershed']We got like 8" here in the last half of October.[/QUOTE]
It's only snowed on two days in the past few weeks, which only lasted for an hour or two to give us a dusting at best.

[quote name='Eviltude']I've always wanted to put a solid state drive in my laptop but don't know enough about it to actually make it happen. I'm told it's the way of the future.[/QUOTE]

It's really not hard. Power off. Remove a few screws, swap hdd a for b -- boot from recovery CD for your OS. OS installs, you're good.

The only slightly irritating part is figuring out how to move your data if you have a lot of it. Burn DVDs, external drive, get an enclosure to turn your old SATA drive into an external usb drive.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's only snowed on two days in the past few weeks, which only lasted for an hour or two to give us a dusting at best.[/QUOTE]

We got that one blizzard, but it's been so warm the accursed lawn is still growing and it looks like it needs to be mowed. I AM NOT MOWING THE fuckING LAWN IN DECEMBER. Just putting that out there... :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's really not hard. Power off. Remove a few screws, swap hdd a for b -- boot from recovery CD for your OS. OS installs, you're good.

The only slightly irritating part is figuring out how to move your data if you have a lot of it. Burn DVDs, external drive, get an enclosure to turn your old SATA drive into an external usb drive.

We got that one blizzard, but it's been so warm the accursed lawn is still growing and it looks like it needs to be mowed. I AM NOT MOWING THE fuckING LAWN IN DECEMBER. Just putting that out there... :cool:[/QUOTE]

I had absolutely nothing critical on my laptop so I just installed the new drive, popped in windows, and went about my business. I can understand it being a pain if it was your work laptop or something (I know gathering files at work to switch laptops was a pain in the neck).

Took me 30 minutes to get back up and running.

Sounds interesting... I might have to check that out. Most things of "importance" are on my external HD already and even still, it's just music and such -- nothing that can't be replaced anyways.

American horror story is getting c-c-c-crazy. It's not hard to follow, just ridiculous.

Sneaky, got my tv and love it. I did have to put it on PC mode as I noticed some input lag in CoD and Battlefield, but after that everything was perfectly fine.

I just need to tweak my picture settings. I like what I'm using for games, but what do you use for movies/tv?

[quote name='seanr1221']Sneaky, got my tv and love it. I did have to put it on PC mode as I noticed some input lag in CoD and Battlefield, but after that everything was perfectly fine.

I just need to tweak my picture settings. I like what I'm using for games, but what do you use for movies/tv?[/QUOTE]

I don't watch TV (have an SD signal so it looks uberpeen) but for movies I stuck with what I did for games. I pretty much went through the wizard (the thing where you adjust how the painting looks). Those values have looked good on both PS3 games, 3D games, Netflix, and BluRay movies. I'll have to check out the PC mode though.

picture.php
And...we have new baby. Rosemary Elyse 7lb, 3oz.

Damn did you guys know that GamePro finally died the other day? I stopped reading the mag a decade ago but hearing that they are officially closing is kinda strange. The format of switching to an online mag didnt save them either. I am interested to know why they couldnt sustain themselves when sites like gametrailers (although I believe they are own by MTV) are still up and running.

[quote name='Trakan']zew once told me in private that his favorite movie is City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold.[/QUOTE]

Man, fuck Billy Crystal.

Dude can teabag a bear trap.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Damn did you guys know that GamePro finally died the other day? I stopped reading the mag a decade ago but hearing that they are officially closing is kinda strange. The format of switching to an online mag didnt save them either. I am interested to know why they couldnt sustain themselves when sites like gametrailers (although I believe they are own by MTV) are still up and running.[/QUOTE]
Unless I missed something, they only switched to being a quarterly mag. I'm surprised that they didn't shut down the mag and switch to being an online site since they were putting more and more emphasis on content for the site this year.

The business of making magazines is way different than normal videogame sites.

Damn it, I was just told I have to shave and rock my business dreads for a corporate client. Sigh, I am a production worker...your lucky if I show up with pants on.

Ahhh, monkey suit it is. The great thing about high end clients is high end lunches and dinners. Plus I have seen more nudity at high end million dollar plus parties than any basement jammy jam. Rich white folks sure do drink a lot.

[quote name='Maklershed']Oh hai.

83 I'm a werewolf now too. *high five*[/QUOTE]

:cry:

I'm cured now. I wanted to be able to go to the halls of my fore-fathers, not roam the lands on an eternal hunt!

Hmm maybe I'll cure myself one day too but for now I enjoy being a werewolf. Can you turn into a vampire in this game? Thats what I was in Oblivion.

Wow, I always enjoy finding out certain objects are worth more than I paid for, especially these anime DVDs I own. It's painful yet relieving going through and selling my DVD/game collection.

[quote name='Maklershed']Hmm maybe I'll cure myself one day too but for now I enjoy being a werewolf. Can you turn into a vampire in this game? Thats what I was in Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

Yup...You have to contract Vampirism (chance to contract it by getting bit fighting them), and not get cured for 3 days I beleive.

Oh boy, I think I'm losing it. I am actually contemplating selling off some of my NISA collectors boxes/games along with some PS1 stuff.

I love selling things that I've held on to for no reason. It's a relief to get rid of it all. I want to get rid of most of my movie collection.

[quote name='Eviltude']I'm playing fetch with my cat whilst I shit. [/QUOTE]

Is this the 'felching' I've been hearing everyone talk about so much these days?

And since I have no functioning mammary glands I have very little involvement with the new baby so far. She's not really happy being away from the nipple right now anyway.

My job is to constantly keep putting new episodes of Bob the Builder on TV and cooking fabulous dinners that come from boxes. (Hamburger Helper! Zataran's! Shake N Bake!)

[quote name='Maklershed']Is this the 'felching' I've been hearing everyone talk about so much these days?[/QUOTE]

If I knew what that was, I might lol. Apparently you're younger than you think, Mak.

Anybody else watched the PBS documentary The Fabric of the Cosmos? It's not really anything spectacularly new, but it's pretty cool. I wish there was more Einstein -- he's an interesting dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eviltude']
Anybody else watched the PBS documentary The Fabric of the Cosmos? It's not really anything spectacularly new, but it's pretty cool. I wish there was more Einstein -- he's an interesting dude.[/QUOTE]

Is that the 4 part series? I saw part 2. Blew my mind. The idea that the universe is expanding in such a way that in billions of years from now no light from any other galaxy will be able to be seen outside of our own and then billions of more years after that particles will be so spread apart the lapsing of time will not be observable. The other crazy thing was that time can just as easily go forward as back since entropy is not a law of physics. Therefore we could live in a world where actions happen before their cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back