The Post-Thanksgiving CAGcast Call-in extravaganza OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wish Brett Ratner would have kept his fucking mouth shut. Eddie Murphy hosting the Oscar's would have gotten me to watch something I never watch and could have launched him back into a real nice comeback.[/QUOTE]

Gervais part 2, Lewis Black, or Tim and Eric hosting are just about the only people that would get me to consider watching.

EDIT: Oh and Dave Chappelle. That'd be amazing.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It all depends on how you play it. If you want to play it just for the epic battles, then that would be the route you go. I, on the other hand, will spend two hours looking for a potion of blacksmithing just so I can make my gauntlets of kickass arrows 2% stronger.[/QUOTE]

I'd do that too. But I think the world, on the whole, would be all the more interesting if I had to deal with random dragon spawn as I looked for that potion. :bouncy:

[quote name='Maklershed']Gervais part 2, Lewis Black, or Tim and Eric hosting are just about the only people that would get me to consider watching.

EDIT: Oh and Dave Chappelle. That'd be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Gervais is hosting again isn't he? Or is that some other shitty award show I don't care about?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wish Brett Ratner would have kept his fucking mouth shut. Eddie Murphy hosting the Oscar's would have gotten me to watch something I never watch and could have launched him back into a real nice comeback.[/QUOTE]
I don't mean to be a dicky, but Eddie Murphy sucks in my hum-bell oh-pinion.

[quote name='Trakan']Gervais is hosting again isn't he? Or is that some other shitty award show I don't care about?[/QUOTE]
He's hosting the Golden Globes again, I think.

There was talk that the Oscars should grab him after Murphy dropped out, but they wound up with Billy Crystal. I heard Zew was excited about that.

TV is received. Fucking around with it now, going to test with Red Dead Redemption (I had to stop playing because I couldn't read any text at all). This thing is fucking huge though.

[quote name='Brak']I don't mean to be a dicky, but Eddie Murphy sucks in my hum-bell oh-pinion.[/QUOTE]

Eddie Murphy in the 80's was the fucking man. Pretty much everything since then stunk. His interview in rolling stone was great.

And ugamer if you liked the sweedish version you will probably like the American version.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']TV is received. Fucking around with it now, going to test with Red Dead Redemption (I had to stop playing because I couldn't read any text at all). This thing is fucking huge though.[/QUOTE]

Cool, let me know how it is.

[quote name='seanr1221']Cool, let me know how it is.[/QUOTE]

Initial impression: HOW THE fuck DID I DO ANYTHING WITHOUT AN HDTV BEFORE.

It looks amazingly good. Tried our Red Dead Redemption, then Shadow of the Colossus, Super Stardust HD and Arkham City to test 3D. It's a subtle effect but I like it, and it's nowhere near as headache inducing as shutter glasses. One current odd thing is that I cannot do 1080p on my 360 using component cables. 720p looked like ass, 1080i was a little better, but 1080p looked like shit and would blink out every other second. Looks like my shitty cables have met their match. I'll have to give it a shot with HDMI and see if that improves it much. If so it'll be a simple order to Monoprice to fix that.

As for movies, I don't own any 3D Blus but I tested two of my favorite go-tos: 300 and Dark Knight. The opening scene for DK looked absolutely amazing. Right now, I consider it money well spent. Even the missus, who still doesn't see the point in dropping the coin, thinks it looks great.

5300, 47" model. No clue on controller lag because I rarely notice things like that, and I'm not playing games online to see a noticeable impact on my gameplay.

I tweaked a few things using the wizard (mostly color and sharpness and shit like that). Couldn't find the PC Mode you were mentioning but I didn't look very hard. Friend is coming over to play Army of Two in a few so I'll be able to get a better idea on lag (if any).

From an Amazon review...

1. On your remote, press the input button.
2. Then push the blue button on the bottom right hand corner of the remote. It says 3D settings but that's irrelevant right now.
3. This will open a window to change the name of the input.
4. Choose the PC name.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']He's hosting the Golden Globes again, I think.

There was talk that the Oscars should grab him after Murphy dropped out, but they wound up with Billy Crystal. I heard Zew was excited about that.[/QUOTE]

zew once told me in private that his favorite movie is City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold.

Has anyone seen FOX's "New Girl"? My girlfriend loves it, and it's legit one of the worst shows this planet has to offer.

Nothing worse than a bunch of underwear models pretending to be quirky by way of overacting; I want to punch every character in the mush.

No but I'm ashamed to admit I've been watching 2 Broke Girls which is also awful and horribly unfunny but the two girls are hot and the show has a dumb, campy feel to it that kinda reminds me of Perfect Strangers.

[quote name='Brak']Has anyone seen FOX's "New Girl"? My girlfriend loves it, and it's legit one of the worst shows this planet has to offer.

Nothing worse than a bunch of underwear models pretending to be quirky by way of overacting; I want to punch every character in the mush.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't even get through the commercial for it :wall:

I too am very confused at why anything on the show is considered funny. It feels as though its tailored to women so they can go "hahaha thats totally what a guy would do." Plus the black guy is suppose to be a professional basketball player overseas. Dude is like 5 foot 8 and looks like he never even seen a basketball.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, a Japanese remake of an American movie. Hmp could have chosen better than What women want.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I saw this on Netflix the other day though did not watch it. I wonder if it is any good.

My passport arrived yesterday...11 days after I applied for it, counting weekends and Thanksgiving. I wonder if I can scrape up enough money to go overseas for a few days before the end of the year.

[quote name='darthbudge']Had a patient code right in front of me while I was working on him tonight. That was fun.[/QUOTE]

You were under the table and he was typing away?

Morning everybody. I'm hanging out with my friend in Menomonie, WI and will be in town for about 2 more days, I'm visiting another friend on Wed.

Did anyone get anything good this weekend? I got inception, ben hur collectors, gears triple pack, and beyond good & evil on xbla.

[quote name='munch']Did anyone get anything good this weekend? I got inception, ben hur collectors, gears triple pack, and beyond good & evil on xbla.[/QUOTE]

I didnt get anything...We're going on vacation soon, so we've been saving for that.

[quote name='munch']Did anyone get anything good this weekend? I got inception, ben hur collectors, gears triple pack, and beyond good & evil on xbla.[/QUOTE]

I picked up some 3-Month Xbox Live cards and Shaun White Skateboarding, but that was it. Was too tired to do any travel after work, so just went straight home. Otherwise, was tempted to pick up the Gears Triple Pack.

Panasonic BDT210 bluray player for $119 and a ton of blurays .. including Mad Men for $8.99 a season.

My haul was:

Rocksmith for $50+tax from GS

Assassin's Creed II for $10 and Forza 4 for $27 (or something like that) from Amazon

Dirt 3 for I think it was $15+tax and a 250 GB Holiday Bundle Xbox for $200+tax from BestBuy.com

Lastly, 2x 1600 points for $20, due to Google offers deal ($40 to spend at newegg for $20).

I can't complain.

I just got a few games at Amazon. (as mentioned earlier)
Went to old Navy on saturday with a groupon for some left over BF clothes for the kids.

Last day of work for 28 days.

So tomorrow when I hook up my Xbox, cable box and blu player (through hdmi) to the receiver and have the receiver hooked up to the tv, I'll have to manually change the picture settings each time I go from a blu to Xbox right? Since they'll all be on the same hdmi input.

Sneaky, how's the tv holding up?

Picked up some games, DVDs, and Blu-rays. Also picked up a DVD set for my mom for Xmas that was about half off that I held off on buying the past few years.

I thought most of the deals were pretty bad but I did pick up Dance Central 2 for 26 shipped. Thats about it.

Yesterday was an expensive day; signing off on my car loan, paying for three months of car insurance, paying for the transfer, taxes, title, and security deposit for my apartment.

Not looking forward to packing and moving this weekend.

[quote name='seanr1221']So tomorrow when I hook up my Xbox, cable box and blu player (through hdmi) to the receiver and have the receiver hooked up to the tv, I'll have to manually change the picture settings each time I go from a blu to Xbox right? Since they'll all be on the same hdmi input.

Sneaky, how's the tv holding up?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty nice. Spent yesterday watching some Netflix movies but those aren't a barometer of quality. Friend that was supposed to bring Army of Two forgot it, so we ended up breaking in the TV playing Sega Genesis games.

Also it turns out the 360 issue WAS my component cables. I may try bypassing the receiver and see if it works better, but I'm honestly not that surprised with how cheap they were.

I bought:

Citizen Kane
Ben Hur
32GB Flash Drive
80 gig Intel SSD
Stranger than Fiction
First Two seasons of Mad Men
50 pack of verbs

If we count earlier in the week I also bought the Extended Edition Lord of the Rings and a Tron mouse and mouse pad.

[quote name='DT778']You know the name of that quest?

Got Skyrim on Saturday but I wasn't expecting it until Tuesday and had rented Assassin's Creed Revelations. So I got to finish up ACR before I start Skyrim. ACR is fun but I hate the little tower defense game thingy they added.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the achievements, it's probably "Dragon Rising" or "The Way of the Voice".

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I bought:

Citizen Kane
Ben Hur
32GB Flash Drive
80 gig Intel SSD
Stranger than Fiction
First Two seasons of Mad Men
50 pack of verbs

If we count earlier in the week I also bought the Extended Edition Lord of the Rings and a Tron mouse and mouse pad.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen that new thing that doesn't require discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back