The Post-Thanksgiving CAGcast Call-in extravaganza OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to get most of my Christmas shopping done today. Might get a few more things yet which are either online only type stuff or giftcards. Dunno yet which.

Also, while I was out, finally got around to trying out Five Guys. They are expensive, but they are damn good. And I underestimated their fries. Holy hell do they give you a lot. And I only got their regular size. The pictures from one of the last OTTs didn't do them justice. Too bad my arteries hate me now I think.

[quote name='Maklershed']Is that the 4 part series? I saw part 2. Blew my mind. The idea that the universe is expanding in such a way that in billions of years from now no light from any other galaxy will be able to be seen outside of our own and then billions of more years after that particles will be so spread apart the lapsing of time will not be observable. The other crazy thing was that time can just as easily go forward as back since entropy is not a law of physics. Therefore we could live in a world where actions happen before their cause.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that one. I tried to DVR all the episodes but it ended up recording the first two episodes and a NOVA about butterflies. It was still pretty good.

Watched about 20 minutes of "Game of Your Life" while getting the kids pj's together and getting them into bed.

A young game designer teen must choose between his genius video game mentor and helping out his father. Learn the value of loyality in this family movie. Brought to you by Wal-Mart and Kinect.
(In the 10 minutes I saw the kids settled their differnces by Kinect boxing)

http://www.familymovienight.com/game-of-your-life/

[quote name='Eviltude']and a NOVA about butterflies. [/QUOTE]

And this brings me to my point about what annoys me about PBS. I don't know what it is if the independent stations are allowed to broadcast whatever they choose or what but its always hit or miss if they show what they say they will. I dvred that thing about the butterflies migrating to mexico and I get an hour of some Donnie Darren guy .. some dude in his 80s singing old ass songs to old people. And stuff like that happens all the time on my pbs station. I'd say there's generally a 50% chance the station airs what it says it will on the program guide.

Amazon has the Garmin 1490T on sale for 90 bucks and I just bought two for my parents for Christmas. Now I just got to think of some other stuff to get them.

[quote name='Maklershed']Currently addicted to Tongue Tied by Grouplove[/QUOTE]

That song was stuck in my head all day yesterday.

My 46" Westinghouse got here today. It's pretty awesome, and also 1080p, which is 360p better than my 32" Vizio. Now the Vizio is in the bedroom, the Westinghouse is in the living room and a crappy CRT is in the spare bedroom. Now I just need to have friends that use the spare bedroom on occasion.

I actually turn my PS3 on for two consecutive days in a row and I have to download two different updates.

Awesome.

[quote name='Trakan']I actually turn my PS3 on for two consecutive days in a row and I have to download two different updates.

Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Finally start shadow?

Extended battery on the thunderbolt is fucking nice. Two days of use and still I'm the green.

The updates are supposed to download automatically but the last few have required acceptance of new terms of agreemnt.

Just downed (barely) a Wendys double Baconator. May be regretting that later.

My PS3 just sits there gathering dust. Once in a great while I turn it on to play some Pixel Junk Monsters, but it's pretty rare. I don't even watch Blurays on the thing anymore.

Still, I couldn't sell it for a paltry $150. Going any lower seems pointless, I may as well keep it at that point.

I played around with the Vita today at the mall as there was some Sony display-thing going on. I won a pair of PSVita sunglasses too, but I missed out on asking one of the girls if she'd like to have coffee one day. Maybe I'll go back during the week, ha.

I think December brings out the stupidity in people. Well, more of it anyways. Had a customer yesterday come up to the service desk and complain about leaving a bag at the store. Fair enough, happens all the time. Then she goes on about saying she had two choices about leaving it here and basically donating $40 to the store or make a 32 mile round trip and waste gas. Little does she know, she had a third option. Don't leave your damn bag at the store.

Im finally going to take my PS3 to get it's HDMI port fixed after surviving off of component cables for a year or so. Getting the big TV forced the issue.

Two cups water, two scoops vanilla protein powder, a banana, 1/2 cup of quick oats, 1 cup greek yogurt, and two tablespoons of milled flax seed is my 'milkshake' of choice.

Xenoblade is coming to the States. Now I have something to use these GS giftcards on. I wonder if there will be some type of preorder bonus?! Ha!

Morning.

I was fortunate enough to watch the last 4th quarter of the GB-NYG game. Saw up to the last minute (kinda) of the Denver game as well.

And now we watch Max & Ruby.

I caught Max and Ruby some mornings when it first started... I found it mind-numbingly boring, and I feel like I would have as a child too. It was just so blah.

I was a Blue's Clues fan as a kid.

I remember the rumor that Steve committed suicide, but in reality he just wanted to move on with his career and no longer be associated as the "Blue's Clue" guy.

[quote name='Dkellar']I remember the rumor that Steve committed suicide, but in reality he just wanted to move on with his career and no longer be associated as the "Blue's Clue" guy.[/QUOTE]

It was more that he was losing his hair and didnt want kids seeing him that way. He still does Kids music type of things.

The 6 year old doesnt care much for Blues Clues anymore, but the 3 year old still watches it.

These days it seems like all we watch is Bob the Builder, Thomas, Super Why and Bubble Guppies and Team Umizoomi.

Having all these shows on the DVR or On Demand is both a blessing and curse. It's nice to have when you need a few minutes to cook dinner or load dishes/fold laundry, but watching the same shows repeatedly (per request) can get annoying.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You could always make them play outside.

/doesn't have kids.[/QUOTE]

In the summertime we do. Wintertime after 5pm when it's pitch black outside and the danger of our retaining wall makes it another story.

Most of the time even when the TV is "on" no one's watching it.

I'm sending out Christmas cards for the first time in my life at my girlfriend's suggestion. They all say the same thing in so many words. It reminds me of when a co-worker had a family member die and someone bought a card which we all to signed. I was one of the last people to sign it and there were about 20 tiny paragraphs saying "Our thoughts are with you. - (Name)"

[quote name='Eviltude']I'm sending out Christmas cards for the first time in my life at my girlfriend's suggestion. They all say the same thing in so many words. It reminds me of when a co-worker had a family member die and someone bought a card which we all to signed. I was one of the last people to sign it and there were about 20 tiny paragraphs saying "Our thoughts are with you. - (Name)"[/QUOTE]

I think I've signed about 6 of those in my past 4 years of employment. Always feel obligated to sign it even though I've got nothing more to add than the other previous "Our sympathies" signatures.

Why is Jurassic Park PSN so completely broken? I'm attempting to play Episode 3 but twice I've run into issues with the game locking up at a cutscene and having to reboot my PS3.

I'm 20! Too bad I can't find that birthday avatar WSB made me. :c

Weird thing to consider: I've been a member of CAG for over 30% of my life.

20 was almost 15 years ago. Wow.

We've watched Polar Express two nights in a row now. My three year old seems to really enjoy it. Although that kid in the yellow pajamas voice is grating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back