The Rainy Day OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's work 40 hours this week Mon-Fri.
Have Saturday off.
Then go back and work Sunday and Monday before getting two days off. (No overtime involved, no weekend differential.)

And I am totally sick of listening to the 65+ set at work discuss how much Vitamin D they all take and what their social security plans are. And if you've fucking been there for 20 years you shouldn't be asking other people (like ME!) how to fucking do things, or what these results mean.

Mak, If you haven't seen Kick-Ass be sure to add it to your list. I'd also recommend Hot Tub Time Machine, and Batman: Under The Red Hood.

[quote name='eldergamer']Let's work 40 hours this week Mon-Fri.
Have Saturday off.
Then go back and work Sunday and Monday before getting two days off. (No overtime involved, no weekend differential.)

And I am totally sick of listening to the 65+ set at work discuss how much Vitamin D they all take and what their social security plans are. And if you've fucking been there for 20 years you shouldn't be asking other people (like ME!) how to fucking do things, or what these results mean.

[/QUOTE]

Vitamin D is very important, EG. Tell them to go stand in the sun more.

[quote name='Rocko']If I wasn't terribly fond of Dead Rising, will I like Dead Rising 2? How similar are they?[/QUOTE]

Similar enough. The main differences are:

more maintenance rooms/bathrooms for saving
3 save slots instead of 1
combo weapons instead of photography
much bigger game world

I think that's it.
Download the demo for Case Zero and try that to see if you'd like it. There's still a clock based game, survivors to rescue, psychopaths to kill. It still uses the same case structure for story line.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Similar enough. The main differences are:

more maintenance rooms/bathrooms for saving
3 save slots instead of 1
combo weapons instead of photography
much bigger game world

I think that's it.
Download the demo for Case Zero and try that to see if you'd like it. There's still a clock based game, survivors to rescue, psychopaths to kill. It still uses the same case structure for story line.[/QUOTE]

I need to get through Case Zero. Damn Redneck caught me off guard after administering Zombrex.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I need to get through Case Zero. Damn Redneck caught me off guard after administering Zombrex.[/QUOTE]

That is my dead end too...guess I'll restart for a 3rd time. Hopefully level 3 will be enough to beat him.

That or I'm just terrible.

This is awesome:

510vvnKCc7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Usa-Opoly-Donkey-Kong-Jenga/dp/B00168QWCK

I fucking hate the fact that it still has a timer. I play games slow. I don't want a god damn clock hovering over me the entire time forcing me to rush.

After talking to Sprint CS for an hour, I got my account converted to SERO Premium. I should be getting the EVO in a few hours.

$50 for unlimited everything (kind of, I only get 500 anytime minutes, which is more than enough), and I can use the EVO. Definitely happy with that.

[quote name='Number83']That is my dead end too...guess I'll restart for a 3rd time. Hopefully level 3 will be enough to beat him.

That or I'm just terrible.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the shotgun from the Sheriff Station and haven't used it so far in my playthrough. Waiting for Bill to tell me about the girls in the bowling alley. Already have the extra Zombrex , to avoid worrying about it later on in the game. Stupid bike parts are annoying.

[quote name='Maklershed']Thanks. I just signed up for Netflix again. Trying to figure out what I missed over the summer. Just added Iron Man 2, Robin Hood, Clash of the Titans, and The Losers.

EDIT: Am I doing something wrong or is Spartacus not available for Instant Streaming anymore?[/QUOTE]

Ew, Mak. Clash of the Titans was an absolute, generic pile of shit. Unless you're talking about the old one, don't waste your time!

[quote name='prmononoke']After talking to Sprint CS for an hour, I got my account converted to SERO Premium. I should be getting the EVO in a few hours.

$50 for unlimited everything (kind of, I only get 500 anytime minutes, which is more than enough), and I can use the EVO. Definitely happy with that.[/QUOTE]

You son of a bitch... I'm a little jealous. But I knew I wouldn't be able to put up with the shitty SERO phones for this long.

Does that price include the 4G tax as well?

[quote name='craven_fiend']I grabbed the shotgun from the Sheriff Station and haven't used it so far in my playthrough. Waiting for Bill to tell me about the girls in the bowling alley. Already have the extra Zombrex , to avoid worrying about it later on in the game. Stupid bike parts are annoying.[/QUOTE]

I find guns are useless...Can't hit anything with them. And I gave my Zombrex to a 'stripper'. Sorry, Katie.

[quote name='Number83']Vitamin D is very important, EG. Tell them to go stand in the sun more.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't talk to them at all. The same person who goes on about 5,000 mg of vitamin D will also gladly talk your ear off (in a whiny, screechy bird voice) about your astrological sign and aliens coming to warn us to take care of the planet.

[quote name='Number83']I find guns are useless...Can't hit anything with them. And I gave my Zombrex to a 'stripper'. Sorry, Katie.[/QUOTE]

I love using the shotgun. Not sure how it will fair against him. I will remember to save the game, prior to giving the Zombrex to Katie. I plan to give one to the bride to be also.

[quote name='Rocko']I fucking hate the fact that it still has a timer. I play games slow. I don't want a god damn clock hovering over me the entire time forcing me to rush.[/QUOTE]

Just cause there's a timer doesn't mean you absolutely have to do everything during it.

The only time you had to rush in DR is if you wanted to save EVERYBODY and do EVERYTHING in a single playthrough, which the game isn't designed for.

Zombie Genocider is proof of the concept -- otherwise you wouldn't be able to get the achievement or the special mega buster unlock. :)

[quote name='craven_fiend']I love using the shotgun. Not sure how it will fair against him. I will remember to save the game, prior to giving the Zombrex to Katie. I plan to give one to the bride to be also.[/QUOTE]

Shotgun + Pitchfork is where it's at, but those are useless against redneck.
Use broadsword or spiked bat (or sniper rifle) and bring like 2 OJs.

[quote name='zewone']Lost Odyssey > Blue Dragon

FFXIII > Blue Dragon[/QUOTE]

I don't even have to try Blue Dragon to agree with this. Tell 'em Zew.

[quote name='manthing']You son of a bitch... I'm a little jealous. But I knew I wouldn't be able to put up with the shitty SERO phones for this long.

Does that price include the 4G tax as well?[/QUOTE]

Yep. SERO Premium alone is $40, and you can get every phone except the EVO and Epic, plus whatever top of the line phones come out later. Then the EVO or Epic fee is added on top of that, making it $50.

I'm definitely glad I waited.

So, now that I have my EVO sitting here, activated and whatnot, what is my next move? How do I make this phone even better?

[quote name='prmononoke']Yep. SERO Premium alone is $40, and you can get every phone except the EVO and Epic, plus whatever top of the line phones come out later. Then the EVO or Epic fee is added on top of that, making it $50.

I'm definitely glad I waited.

So, now that I have my EVO sitting here, activated and whatnot, what is my next move? How do I make this phone even better?[/QUOTE]

You could root it.
You can also check out http://appbrain.com -- find programs you want to install.
If you use the fast web installer (get it from the marketplace first), you can push install anything on the appbrain.com site to your phone.
Look into getting swype, the keyboard /method is awesome.

[quote name='prmononoke']Will rooting it delete all my contacts? The guy at the Sprint store synced them from my old phone.

Also, manthing told me to use unrevoked (http://unrevoked.com/#evo). I have no idea which one of those to use, though.[/QUOTE]

No, it shouldn't. If you decided to run a custom ROM, it would initially, until you signed into your google account -- just make sure you check to see that your contacts are in your google account and you'll have them sync on any android device you set up with that google account.

unrEVOked is probably the way to go. Just get some Rum and shine the manthing signal into the sky. He'll come tell you what's up. Unfortunately, i haven't found a way out of my VZW contract yet, so I'm stuck using an old droid Eris at the moment.

Rooting is just finding a way to get the linux command "su" on to the phone and in a directory where it can run properly. This allows other programs to ask for root access and then allows them to change protected files on the phone's OS -- this is how you can enable wi-fi tethering (if not in the phone by default), change themes, and change the CPU clock speed.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']No, it shouldn't. If you decided to run a custom ROM, it would initially, until you signed into your google account -- just make sure you check to see that your contacts are in your google account and you'll have them sync on any android device you set up with that google account.

unrEVOked is probably the way to go. Just get some Rum and shine the manthing signal into the sky. He'll come tell you what's up. Unfortunately, i haven't found a way out of my VZW contract yet, so I'm stuck using an old droid Eris at the moment.

Rooting is just finding a way to get the linux command "su" on to the phone and in a directory where it can run properly. This allows other programs to ask for root access and then allows them to change protected files on the phone's OS -- this is how you can enable wi-fi tethering (if not in the phone by default), change themes, and change the CPU clock speed.[/QUOTE]

It did not delete my contacts.

So, any idea what the best app for allowing free tethering is? And is that AppBrain site for 3rd-party apps?

princess:

Rooting is a 2 step process. First step is getting the su access and then you need to NAND unlock for some custom ROMS.

Here's a guide from the XDA forums:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=701004

I know that NAND unlock was necessary for the ROM I wanted at first(CM6), so I did it right away.

Frost has it right with the contacts thing. So long as they're stored in the google clouds, they'll come up right away even after you've wiped the phone.

[quote name='prmononoke']
So, any idea what the best app for allowing free tethering is? And is that AppBrain site for 3rd-party apps?[/QUOTE]

Most custom ROMS have a tethering app bulit in.

And if you need help getting programs for the phone, LMK.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Just get some Rum and shine the manthing signal into the sky. He'll come tell you what's up.
[/QUOTE]

hatechu.

[quote name='prmononoke']It did not delete my contacts.

So, any idea what the best app for allowing free tethering is? And is that AppBrain site for 3rd-party apps?[/QUOTE]

Appbrain is for any app -- it's a way to browse the market on your laptop/pc instead of having to use the phone. It just makes it easier. If it's in the market, it should be found on appbrain.

Free tethering -- there's a bunch -- but I tend to see this one in a lot of ROMs:
http://www.appbrain.com/app/wireless-tether-for-root-users/android.tether

I rooted it with unrevoked before you sent me that link. I suppose all that stuff prior to rooting isn't necessary now? Or do I need to do all that to NAND unlock?

Hm. Maybe I'll download that 400 DR2 thing, then.

I'm just kinda tempted because I could get it for $35 after coupons at Kmart.

[quote name='Rocko']Hm. Maybe I'll download that 400 DR2 thing, then.

I'm just kinda tempted because I could get it for $35 after coupons at Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Dude, there's a demo for Case Zero.
Try that.
If you like it, get the full version for 400 points.
If that leaves you wanting more, THEN get DR2.

FYI, if you sign up for the Bing rewards program, they'll give you 250 points, you can easily get another 100 or so from "offers". 100 bing rewards points = 100 MS points. You can get 300 points free within 30 minutes, probably.

In theory, if you did decide to go for CZ, you'd basically get it for almost free. ;)

Thanks, manthing and frosty.

It seems like the Wireless Tether app isn't working for me. I can install it, but for some reason my computer, despite being able to connect, can't seem to access anything.

[quote name='manthing']Most custom ROMS have a tethering app bulit in.

And if you need help getting programs for the phone, LMK.
.[/QUOTE]

Just saw this. If I rooted it, that doesn't mean I have a custom ROM, correct? That is something different?

And yeah, I probably do need help getting programs. Any help is much appreciated.

[quote name='manthing']Anybody get the retail :360: disc for Plants vs Zombies? Is Peggle Nights included?[/QUOTE]

On the case it just says Peggle and Zuma. Not sure if it includes Nights. Will let you know, if no one has, later.

[quote name='prmononoke']Just saw this. If I rooted it, that doesn't mean I have a custom ROM, correct? That is something different?

And yeah, I probably do need help getting programs. Any help is much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Curse all of you and this rooting talk. I may root my Evo, but too lazy/worried to do it.

[quote name='manthing']Those Bing points are sent via physical cards, aren't they?[/QUOTE]

I think so.
It's definitely not instant, I'm still waiting for mine either via email or snail mail.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Curse all of you and this rooting talk. I may root my Evo, but too lazy/worried to do it.[/QUOTE]

Both are poor excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back