The Rainy Day OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think my X360 S is crapping out on me. The system takes about 1min to boot up and another 1min to shut down. This can't be normal.[/QUOTE]

I think my Arcade is about to crap out on me. Which sucks, unless I can somehow sneak a new one in, but I guarantee my wife would notice the 360 being black and not white. Maybe I'll luck into a bundle clearance before mine dies out. Or worst case, only Arcade games and Netflix for me while I figure out what I am doing, still have my busted DVD drive 360. Might actually get around to doing something with it, so I can have a backup.

The USB ports on my Arcade are dying I think. The fronts don't recognize anything very often, and the back one is connected to the HD-DVD player (whose USB ports work just fine). Weird.

I am so nervously excited for the Reds v Phillies on Wednesday at 5:07. I just can't believe it is actually happening. I will be in a bar loving every second of it.

[quote name='manthing']Anybody know if the current update on xbox.com is what allows the USB drive saves?[/QUOTE]

Probably? Couldn't say for sure though.

Odds are if it went out across Live, it's also up on the site.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think my X360 S is crapping out on me. The system takes about 1min to boot up and another 1min to shut down. This can't be normal.[/QUOTE]

Bah! From the quick research online, it seems that the HDD might be dying. Guess I'll call up MS one of these days to see what's up.

I think a dream I had last night could be attributed to the weather being colder triggering a memory and then reinventing a desire.

I need to write down all my dreams. Also dreams with women are depressing and annoying.

[quote name='flowery']I am so nervously excited for the Reds v Phillies on Wednesday at 5:07. I just can't believe it is actually happening. I will be in a bar loving every second of it.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Go Phillies!

I can't wait for Ryan Howard to get a hold of that 105 MPH fastball.

[quote name='Number83']Me too. Go Phillies!

I can't wait for Ryan Howard to get a hold of that 105 MPH fastball.[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah yeah. If you recall the two series earlier in the year it is going to be a drag'em out dog fight. I can't wait should be matched up very well.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']flowery i also had a depressing dream last night that involved a woman[/QUOTE]

Bummer man. Sounds like things are working out better in that department for you though; at least got that going for you.

~~~

Looking back on the month of September I left my house a total of 5 times.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Humanity is a virus.[/QUOTE]

It's sad, but true.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Mean people suck![/QUOTE]

True, but cruel people, please just shoot them.

I can't stand Nancy Grace, but my wife was watching her show and there was a story about two fucking drugged up parents that duct taped their 22 month old son to the wall and took pictures of it. What the fuck is wrong with people? And another story about a Craigslist ad for a newborn baby. If someone didn't take it, the mom was going to dump it in a trash can. WRAP IT THE fuck UP! Or look into the Safe Haven laws. Give that kid a fucking chance.

/rant

How's everyones Monday going?

It's a shame that there's all these digital projectors in service now and they're being wasted on garbage like Avatar and Resident Evil. I guess they didn't want to waste three screens on that owl movie so they put The Social Network and The Town on the other two. Ho-o-o-o-ly shit. That one scene with the race on the Thames was incredible.

---

Kind of a dick move that the RB2 export probably won't count for the $10 rebate promotion on XBL. That shit better have everything and not cost more than $10.

Went to get the screws taken out of my ankle 3 weeks ago but the doctor discovered that I needed to get a tendon (or maybe it was a ligament) replaced in my ankle, and this was when I was in the operating room but before the surgery had started. So they took a tendon from my knee and put it down there a week ago and now I have to be off of my foot til like February. This is going to be boring as fuck again but at least Fallout: New Vegas is coming out soon.

Oh hey. Loving the fact that Team Swat has its own playlist in Reach now. Can't wait to try that tonight. Just have to endure 6 more hours of work.

[quote name='flowery']Yeah yeah yeah. If you recall the two series earlier in the year it is going to be a drag'em out dog fight. I can't wait should be matched up very well.[/QUOTE]

All I remember is the Series from July 8-11, which got the Phillies started on thier second half tear. ;) I kid, I kid.

Any matchup in a short series is going to be a dog fight. There is literally no room for mistakes, and if the Phills go on one of those streaks where they score 2 runs in a game, it's going to be trouble. I fully expect this series to go 4-5 games, where each game is decided by 1-2 runs.

[quote name='Number83']All I remember is the Series from July 8-11, which got the Phillies started on thier second half tear. ;) I kid, I kid.

Any matchup in a short series is going to be a dog fight. There is literally no room for mistakes, and if the Phills go on one of those streaks where they score 2 runs in a game, it's going to be trouble. I fully expect this series to go 4-5 games, where each game is decided by 1-2 runs.[/QUOTE]

So I am sure you are well aware that three of the four were walk off one run wins, one they had to score six in the ninth, and two were 1-0 wins.

Both teams are certainly different since that series but it will be a toss up. Also, Oswalt has been hammered by the Reds this year. Also Also, Volquez is back who wasn't available for both series this year and Wood is in the pen who had a perfect game going through nine before it being blown in the 10th on one of the 1-0 walk offs.

[quote name='flowery']So I am sure you are well aware that three of the four were walk off one run wins, one they had to score six in the ninth, and two were 1-0 wins.

Both teams are certainly different since that series but it will be a toss up. Also, Oswalt has been hammered by the Reds this year. Also Also, Volquez is back who wasn't available for both series this year and Wood is in the pen who had a perfect game going through nine before it being blown in the 10th on one of the 1-0 walk offs.[/QUOTE]

Yep...It's going to be a good one! Come on, Wednesday!!!

The Castlevania demo made me like the game...too bad Amazon is not offering $20 credit for it anymore. I'll have to get it when its cheap.

Co-worker that I am friends with at work the most let me know that I use the word "Jesus" a lot. Pretty much asked that I stop using it.

Caught me off guard.

So efffing tired today. Went to bed at 11:30 (an hour earlier than normal) had a little trouble staying asleep. Kids motherfucking got up at 6:15 and 6:25!
And since the wife got up at 5 am for clinicals she'll get first dibs on a nap when she gets home, if I even get one.

Well putting my resume online at Dice.com may have giving me a shot of an interview with Lexmark.

A temp recruiter called me and is getting in touch with them. I'm not getting my hopes up but a face to face interview would be nice.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Co-worker that I am friends with at work the most let me know that I use the word "Jesus" a lot. Pretty much asked that I stop using it.

Caught me off guard.[/QUOTE]

What will you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back