The Road Warriors' Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='guyver2077']*** In regards to WWE upgrading to High Definition, there is a major concern that with the gigantic quality jump we..ll get with HD, botched spots and missed punches will become even more obvious. WWE is currently doing HD tests to work on camera angle switches and that sort of thing to try to learn to avoid any major problems.
[/QUOTE]

Well, all the botches, missed punches, and obvious blading are easily visible in 480i right now, so it shouldn't make much of a difference. I'd love to see WWE programming in HD. You'd get a better view of the ring in 16:9, and it'd be awesome to hear "Cena Sucks!" coming out of your rear speakers with Dolby 5.1 sound.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Well, all the botches, missed punches, and obvious blading are easily visible in 480i right now, so it shouldn't make much of a difference.[/quote]

Except that Sabu's botches will look 10 times as sharp at 1080i. :lol:

I'd love to see WWE programming in HD. You'd get a better view of the ring in 16:9, and it'd be awesome to hear "Cena Sucks!" coming out of your rear speakers with Dolby 5.1 sound.

I've gotten to see TNA in HD back when they had Xplosion on INHD. Quite the experience. Felt like I was there at the Nashville Asylum..... just without sitting next to the bucktooth hicks of Nashville. :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']Really nothing much to get up in arms about.....[/QUOTE]

janet_jackson_tit.jpg

Janet Jackson's left tit says HELLO to mykevermin. :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']Your obliviousness to how dismal the TNA product can be at times makes you more of a mark than DemoMan.

Oh boy, I hope Norman Smiley gets to wrestle this week! Maybe they'll have a Jeff Jarrett promo for 15 minutes! Aw man, I'm so excited to see Sting wrestle for the belt! :roll:[/img][/QUOTE]

I must say this outright... I am not looking fucking forward to JJ vs Sting Part 1,284,545,982.

In fact I'm not ordering BFG just because of that. TNA mark I am but I'm sick of watching a rerun of WCW 2000 in the main event. Its time for the era of Joe to begin god damn it.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I must say this outright... I am not looking fucking forward to JJ vs Sting Part 1,284,545,982.

In fact I'm not ordering BFG just because of that. TNA mark I am but I'm sick of watching a rerun of WCW 2000 in the main event. Its time for the era of Joe to begin god damn it.[/QUOTE]

I may see if my friend wants to order it and split the cost with him, but I got to agree with you about Sting and Jarett wrestling at the top of the card. Sting only came in to put himself over and not anyone else as he claimed. I am still incredibly disappointed that Joe does not walk into Bound For Glory as champion. If ratings have shown anything it is that Jarrett does not draw as champion (Christian as champion may have been poorly booked, but the ratings for Impact were much better when he was champ even without TUF lead in).

I will say that seeing Jake Roberts would be pretty fucking cool as would seeing Angle in his first TNA PPV. The undercard should also be pretty good considering the Rhyno/ Christian fued and the LAX/ Daniels & Styles fued.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I must say this outright... I am not looking fucking forward to JJ vs Sting Part 1,284,545,982.

In fact I'm not ordering BFG just because of that. TNA mark I am but I'm sick of watching a rerun of WCW 2000 in the main event. Its time for the era of Joe to begin god damn it.[/QUOTE]

They're going to have a new can of worms once the era of Joe does begin. For example, when is he going to lose and how?

If only they'd bring in a certain Japanese legend for BFG... that'd increase PPV sales. ;)

Hmm, I was just going through my arcive of wrestling topics... this is #41. There's three wrestlers in particular (one of course is HBK) that I'm absolutely shocked have yet to get a topic. Thus, I'm going to begin fixing that starting with the next topic.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Saucy Jack, Kobashi is currently recovering from cancer surgery. He definitely won't be doing any U.S. dates soon.[/QUOTE]

I remember reading that he had cancer. How is he doing?

I was tempted to sell my BFG tickets after they announced Sting-Jarrett as the main. Nothing against Sting, but he's just not who the fans are interested in right now. Jarrett is absolutely useless and shouldn't be allowed in the ring.

Actually, I was going to sell them, but the Angle factor kind of drew me back in.

That Hi-Def excuse sounds like bullshit. Missed spots are missed spots, hi-def or not.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Hmm, I was just going through my arcive of wrestling topics... this is #41. There's three wrestlers in particular (one of course is HBK) that I'm absolutely shocked have yet to get a topic. Thus, I'm going to begin fixing that starting with the next topic.[/QUOTE]

Please let Jake The Snake be one of those three. :pray:

[quote name='mykevermin']
42096X.JPG

Awesome! Guess I'm not dressing up as Lemmy Kilmeister this year after all![/quote]

Ya, you could go as this guy:

Hardgay.jpg

I know I am!

Looks like WWE just released Francine. Had a feeling that this was going to happen just judging from ECW tuesday. She came out with Tommy Dreamer during his entrance(only shown on camera for about two seconds) then went to the back during the match(probably quit).

They also released Gunner Scott, who you'll probably remember tag teaming with Benoit earlier this year.

Also Helms' entrance is up on IGN.

I hope Brent Albright/Gunnar Scott goes to TNA. He has great size, and his style is very much like Benoit's (not that you'd ever know from seeing 2-3 minute matches on SD!).

Francine was inevitable. Vince didn't like her at all, from most reports.

Look for Foley to turn up on WWE TV soon, he'll be whoring out his third book, which he just finished.

Also reading that story also noted that Bret Hart has also just finished up a autobiography. Makes me wonder if WWE try to get their name on the book. It will also be interesting to see what he thinks about some of the wrestlers. Wonder if he'll be like Scott Hall and say Goldberg was a puss in his matches.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Look for Foley to turn up on WWE TV soon, he'll be whoring out his third book, which he just finished.

Also reading that story also noted that Bret Hart has also just finished up a autobiography. Makes me wonder if WWE try to get their name on the book. It will also be interesting to see what he thinks about some of the wrestlers. Wonder if he'll be like Scott Hall and say Goldberg was a puss in his matches.[/QUOTE]

WWE isn't getting their hands on the book, from what I've read.

The only thing I wonder is if Bret did get the right to use some old photos from WWE. Otherwise, it would just be all personal photos or very few or none at all.

Either way, I can't wait to read the book. I hear that they're going to have to cut it from about 1,100 pages to around 500, though.

funny just got home and i notice a package. it was sent to my address but the name read "Bill Goldberg". I opened it and it was like a lil flashlight thing from oxygen. probably a freebie that i signed up for here somewhere..dont even remember

[quote name='guyver2077']funny just got home and i notice a package. it was sent to my address but the name read "Bill Goldberg". I opened it and it was like a lil flashlight thing from oxygen. probably a freebie that i signed up for here somewhere..dont even remember[/QUOTE]

You use that as a fake name for signing up for stuff?

[quote name='mykevermin']You mean the women's network? You watchin' "talk sex with Sue Johansen" again?[/QUOTE]

That's right... Oxygen is the women's network. Free is free, though.

Also, once in a while its sister network, Lifetime, will air something good. Of course, that hasn't happened recently... and the only good thing they aired in a long time has been "Lovespring International," which I wish would have gotten a better channel and some more exposure. That was a great show. Of course, I might be a bit biased on that... :lol:

[quote name='guyver2077']no but i apparently must have in this case...[/QUOTE]

Guyver, just tell us... are you really Bill Goldberg?

If so, maybe you could autograph a few things for us? ;)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Is anyone else hyped up for Impact tonight? I hope it is a really good show.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reminder. I never watch that show, I'll probably check it tonight.

[quote name='mykevermin']You mean the women's network? You watchin' "talk sex with Sue Johansen" again?[/quote]

For some reason that brings back a memory of when she & Big Show were on Late Night w/ Conan. She was sitting there displaying all these toys and put a strap on(you know what) on her chin. Big Show just sat there with this horrified look on his face that I'll never forget.:lol:

I think it's time Guyver turn heel... we've been waiting for this for quite some time now. You can take a cheap shot at Saucy, that should get you over as a bad guy to start.

I think it's time that Guyver turn heel. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Just take a cheap shot or two at Saucy or Guile and you should easily get over as a bad guy.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I think it's time that Guyver turn heel. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Just take a cheap shot or two at Saucy or Guile and you should easily get over as a bad guy.[/quote]

in due time.....

wtf it said mr ed for a sec..

[quote name='tangytangerine']For some reason that brings back a memory of when she & Big Show were on Late Night w/ Conan. She was sitting there displaying all these toys and put a strap on(you know what) on her chin. Big Show just sat there with this horrified look on his face that I'll never forget.:lol:[/QUOTE]

That was the best episode of Conan ever. Tom selleck killed his Magnum PI mustache and both him and Big show were cracking up and scared of the chin dildo.

This new Sting DVD that's out... are there any reviews on it?

I know that there's not much they could put onto it, with his short time in TNA... from the commercials, it seems like there's a documentary piece on him, like on the WWE DVDs.

Is there a documentary piece, and how is it? Sucks that Netflix doesn't carry these DVDs to rent, so everything's a blind buy.

I picked up the Sting DVD a few days ago at Wallyworld but only have watched the first 30 minutes of it. The first half appears to be the story so far in the Sting vs Jarrett war I'm assuming up until at least Slammiversary or so. The second half I'm assuming is the documentry/shoot on Sting's career.

I'll post more when I finish watching it later tonight.

Holy shit! I was on TV! They got a pretty good shot of me and everyone I was with during the crowd sweeps in the intro.

[quote name='2Fast']Holy shit! I was on TV! They got a pretty good shot of me and everyone I was with during the crowd sweeps in the intro.[/QUOTE]

What were you wearing and where exactly were you at? I'll check that out later.

Also, I was checking out Shopzone to see what new shirts and such they had. Check this out:

http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detail.asp?productId=35-00502

WrestleMania giant boxset for only $99! There's also a bunch of coupon offers and such, like free stuff or free shipping. I know that there's edits and such on the DVDs, but that's still a great deal for 21 events.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']What were you wearing and where exactly were you at? I'll check that out later.[/quote]

I had on a baseball-styled shirt that was teal-ish on the top and the rest was white, it had Hollister written on the chest. I have dark brown spiked hair and had my hands in the air. I was by an older gentleman, and by him was my other friend who had a black shirt and black spiked hair; the shot was focused on us, we were in the center of it. It was during the intro, but was one of the last shots. You can post a pic if you find it and/or need confirmation.

I just noticed that they drown out chants directed at Shark Boy, he's easily the most popular wrestler in TNA, but I suppose they don't want people at home to know it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Coupon code '8days' for free ground shipping and 8% off, bringing the total to $92! Nice find![/QUOTE]

Wow, that is a pretty good deal. I wonder if this is worth a spot in the DVD Deals section. If anyone wants to post it there, be my guest.

2Fast, I'll keep an eye out for you when I check out the show later.

Test and Edge had a child, his name is Lance Hoyt. One of the best parts of the show was a dark tag team match where Hoyt started dancing like Truth, and then Matt Bentley and Kazarian challenged him and Truth to a dance-off after the match. Also, no one involved in that match has an original gimmick. Truth copies all of Booker T's moveset, Lance Hoyt is Edge/Test, Matt Bentley even had neon green tights to match HBK, and well, Kazarian just sucks.

I must say that if tonight's Impact is any indication of Russo now booking then for the most part I liked what I saw. Yes there are flaws but let me go over what I liked first....

The biggest thing I liked is that TNA actually put a story and a reason to this week's main event. Sure we knew there would be run ins like crazy and that it would not finish clean but it did tell a story, it did help bring back the fire that TNA started to lose with the fans in Joe, and it helped further Christian as a heel. And most important of all it was great fun.

The six man X Division tag match had its moment but this is one of my biggest complains of the show which is trying to OVERBOOK too much going on within such a short segment. Now while yes they are trying to make the most of the hour they have right now there are times when I feel that a segment feels much longer than it actually is just because TNA is trying too hard to advance several angles within a few moments. Within those few moments we had a match going on, Raven/Runt/Abyss talking backstage about ambushing Joe later on in the show, Nash going on about his X Division challenge, something about Sabin calling Jerry Lynn grandpa or something... and at least 10 mentions of the Kurt Angle interview later on in the show, Bound For Glory, the Sting DVD, Jarrett vs Sting Title vs Career with Angle as enforcer, the main event for Impact..... and did I mention there was a match going on while all of that was taking place?

(I think my long winded paragraph there proves my point that Impact needs to be 2 hours long so there can be better pacing)

I must say I really loved the brawl between LAX and Styles/Daniels. That to me is the best on going fued in TNA at the moment. Enough said.

I loved Nash's bit at the end of the X Division match. Him "crying" and sounding so sad made me laugh. :lol:

Looking forward to next week's Impact. Oh I just noticed on Beyond TV (my PVR program) that there is a TNA special called "TNA Countdown" listed for 11/21 at Midnight EST/11 PM CST. No description is given but I am assuming that it is a hype show for "Bound For Glory." Its 30 minutes long. I'm assuming that Spike TV will have it aired before the PPV preshow starts. We'll see tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back