The Road Warriors' Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading an interview with him where he rattled off a massive list of the shit he injected into his body. Tonight's Impact had some okay stuff, and a scary Angle interview where he slurred a bunch of words.

Why is it called the Five-Knuckle shuffle when you can only hit with four?

fistkn3.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']Er...because someone doesn't realize what other male behavior is categorized by that euphemism?[/quote]

#-o :lol:

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yeah, horse shit that is. :lol:[/quote]

Not sure if I'm digging this attempted heel turn of yours...

[quote name='onetrackmind']Roddy Piper DVD/T-Shirt pre-order out now... BUY THIS!

http://www.wweshop.com/product_detail.asp?CAT=cat-newreleases&productId=50-01535 [/quote]

Nuts to you WWE on this one. Too many repeat matches. There's all the WM matches, plus War to Settle the Score, which I already own from the Greatest Wrestling Stars of the 80s dvd. Still... given the right price this one might be hard to pass by, just for all the Piper's Pit segments.

Gunnar Scott/Brent Albright is working at the next ROH show in Dayton! Awesome!

So is Tank Toland (one of the Dicks). Well, a man's gotta pee sometime.

Well, this Thursday on TNA Impact will be the national premiere of the music video "Enemy" from Fozzy. Of course, you can watch the video on YouTube already. The video's been around for a very long time. I suppose it only played in Canada and elsewhere.

So, start the speculation on whether Chris Jericho might be involved in TNA in the future... :lol:

EDIT:

I guess everyone's out at the cinemas watching "The Marine." It opens today, chaingang. :rofl:

Ugh, how much did that damn movie even cost to make?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Well, this Thursday on TNA Impact will be the national premiere of the music video "Enemy" from Fozzy. Of course, you can watch the video on YouTube already. The video's been around for a very long time. I suppose it only played in Canada and elsewhere.

So, start the speculation on whether Chris Jericho might be involved in TNA in the future... :lol:

EDIT:

I guess everyone's out at the cinemas watching "The Marine." It opens today, chaingang. :rofl:

Ugh, how much did that damn movie even cost to make?[/quote]
Not much. $15 Million.

[quote name='Trakan']Not much. $15 Million.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I figured it was around that area. I think See No Evil was about $8 million to make, and ended up grossing $15, so it almost (or might have, slightly) turned a profit.

Marine might fare slightly better, since it's a mindless action picture. I'm sure most of you want it to do well... anything to keep Cena off WWE programming, right? :lol:

[quote name='tangytangerine']Wonder why it took WWE so long to get this released? They filmed it two years ago around the same time See No Evil was filmed.[/QUOTE]

I heard a rumor that Vince hated it compared to See No Evil.

[quote name='Sporadic']I heard a rumor that Vince hated it compared to See No Evil.[/QUOTE]

Well, shit...

It's tough to top the Vince McMahon / Hulk Hogan - written and produced epic masterpiece, "No Holds Barred."

"It's a battle with no ring! No refs! No rules!" :lol:

[quote name='tangytangerine']Wonder why it took WWE so long to get this released? They filmed it two years ago around the same time See No Evil was filmed.[/quote]

They probably waited until Cena had a little more star power.

Does anyone actually remember that they were going to give Kurt Angle his own comedy movie? It would have been interesting to see what he would have done.

Also, what's up with the Steve Austin movie?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Does anyone actually remember that they were going to give Kurt Angle his own comedy movie? It would have been interesting to see what he would have done.

Also, what's up with the Steve Austin movie?[/quote]

Here's what's up.

[quote name='2Fast']Here's what's up.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

And how about Nathan Jones. I noticed his name in the cast list. I swear, that guy has been working nonstop since leaving wrestling. He's acted with Brad Pitt, Jet Li, and so many others. I wonder how much he's pulling in.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Status: Completed?

Interesting.

And how about Nathan Jones. I noticed his name in the cast list. I swear, that guy has been working nonstop since leaving wrestling. He's acted with Brad Pitt, Jet Li, and so many others. I wonder how much he's pulling in.[/quote]

Don't know, but when he quit, it sounded a lot like many WWE guys that left for TNA. They couldn't handle the traveling and wanted few matches. Which I can understand. How the fuck are you supposed to have a family/life when you're on the road 3/4's of the year?

Marine cost $23 million total, and according to many, it'll have a hard time even breaking even, with no chance of that happening during its initial theatrical run. The "Enemy" video that'll be shown on Impact will be new, and revamped by Sahidi, likely using TNA clips throughout the regular video.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Marine cost $23 million total, and according to many, it'll have a hard time even breaking even, with no chance of that happening during its initial theatrical run. The "Enemy" video that'll be shown on Impact will be new, and revamped by Sahidi, likely using TNA clips throughout the regular video.[/QUOTE]

It definitely won't make a profit... in theaters, at least.

The Enemy video should be interesting to see. It's a pretty good song.

The strange thing about Scott Hall is it seems that he is universally respected and liked by the most casual of wrestling fans. I've always wondered why that is, usually someone kinda laughs when you mention him, but then says something to the effect of "Razor Ramon! Man, he was cool, he was always one of my favorites." He even seems to have a pretty good/loyal following on this board as well. I have never run into someone who flat-out hated him.

[quote name='2Fast']The strange thing about Scott Hall is it seems that he is universally respected and liked by the most casual of wrestling fans. I've always wondered why that is, usually someone kinda laughs when you mention him, but then says something to the effect of "Razor Ramon! Man, he was cool, he was always one of my favorites." He even seems to have a pretty good/loyal following on this board as well. I have never run into someone who flat-out hated him.[/quote]

I would agree with all of that.

In the vid they say Scott Hall 6'9"? I know height is routinely exaggerated in wrestling, but he isn't even close to that.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I would agree with all of that.

In the vid they say Scott Hall 6'9"? I know height is routinely exaggerated in wrestling, but he isn't even close to that.[/QUOTE]

I remembered when he first made his debut as Razor Ramon, they billed him at 6'5" and 262 lbs. Then, as he got over, they "upgraded" him to 6'7" and 287 lbs.

Anyway you cut it, he is "the Tom Selleck of wrestling."

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Anyway you cut it, he is "the Tom Selleck of wrestling."[/quote]

The funny thing is that I was thinking that while watching the vid, and then the guy said it. Freaky. :lol:

King Booker in SvR 2007 has the traditional Booker T theme "Can you dig it, SUCKAAAAAAAA?" and not the "All Hail King Booker!" theme. He has the king booker titantron, though, but that appears to be the only update. No crown, no robe, no Sharmell. I have to admit, I don't like the King Booker theme, but this entrance looked like a lame "update." Why change the tron at all?

Go back and rewatch Kennedy's entrance; the way he gestures to Chimmel to beat it when he enters the ring is fantastic.

[quote name='mykevermin']King Booker in SvR 2007 has the traditional Booker T theme "Can you dig it, SUCKAAAAAAAA?" and not the "All Hail King Booker!" theme. He has the king booker titantron, though, but that appears to be the only update. No crown, no robe, no Sharmell. I have to admit, I don't like the King Booker theme, but this entrance looked like a lame "update." Why change the tron at all?[/QUOTE]
Bleh... I was wondering about that.

[quote name='mykevermin']King Booker in SvR 2007 has the traditional Booker T theme "Can you dig it, SUCKAAAAAAAA?" and not the "All Hail King Booker!" theme. He has the king booker titantron, though, but that appears to be the only update. No crown, no robe, no Sharmell. I have to admit, I don't like the King Booker theme, but this entrance looked like a lame "update." Why change the tron at all?

Go back and rewatch Kennedy's entrance; the way he gestures to Chimmel to beat it when he enters the ring is fantastic.[/quote]

Booker T without Sharmell is like me without CAG wrestling threads...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Hey, I haven't read much about the game, but are they going to have Eddie in as a tribute? Is Kurt still in it?[/QUOTE]

So far, Kurt's still in the game and Eddie is in as a legend.

[quote name='mykevermin']Go back and rewatch Kennedy's entrance; the way he gestures to Chimmel to beat it when he enters the ring is fantastic.[/quote]

I did notice that they didn't use the updated version of his song though(they're using the one from last year). Amazing that they nailed the entrance with his first game, while some games(DOR2 & SVR) can't nail the timing for Triple H's cues and some how makes HBK's entrance look horrible.

[quote name='2Fast']So who's everyone's favorite wrestler that is still active?

Mine is Booker T.[/quote]

I'd have to say Booker for me also, with Rey being a close second.

[quote name='mykevermin']King Booker in SvR 2007 has the traditional Booker T theme "Can you dig it, SUCKAAAAAAAA?" and not the "All Hail King Booker!" theme. He has the king booker titantron, though, but that appears to be the only update. No crown, no robe, no Sharmell. I have to admit, I don't like the King Booker theme, but this entrance looked like a lame "update." Why change the tron at all?

Go back and rewatch Kennedy's entrance; the way he gestures to Chimmel to beat it when he enters the ring is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Well, I imagine that since SvR 2007 is on the 360, the customizability options will be limitless....right?

[quote name='evanft']Well, I imagine that since SvR 2007 is on the 360, the customizability options will be limitless....right?[/quote]

Wrong. They nixed custom soundtrack options, but maybe they'll try to sell us Booker's theme and kingly apparel.

That's stupid. I want a modern wrestling game where you can customize every last aspect of every wrestler in the game.

[quote name='evanft']That's stupid. I want a modern wrestling game where you can customize every last aspect of every wrestler in the game.[/quote]

As do I, but apparently THQ is EA'in it.

[quote name='2Fast']As do I, but apparently THQ is EA'in it.[/QUOTE]

As if there was any ever doubt they would.

I wish they would make the 360 version the definitive version, custom soundtracks, extra wrestlers, that sort of thing... I hate companies who are still stuck in last gen like this, and give us neutered next gen ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back