The Rock Band Thread - 10/26: Rock Band 3 Out Now With Free The Doors Pack In-Game!

For anyone with the Rock Band 2 Stratocaster for PS3, is that compatible with Guitar Hero III for PS3? I'm debating between which instruments (GHWT or RB2) to purchase and this could help. Thanks!

hmmm got my new set on friday, at $130 how could I not go for it. Guitar's up-strum is broken out of the box lol....... go figure.....

awesome quality control harmonix :) 2 diff sets from 2 diff vendors.

oh well at least the drums seem better this time around, no more phantom hits. Guess the glue was done better on this one.

BTW it was strange, the guy I bought it off ebay simply bought it off amazon and shipped it to me as a gift. He had like 25 for buy it now at $195........ I don't see how he can make a profit off these considering ebay/paypal fees. unless he has a crapload of giftcards for amazon...........

I really wish they would do without these mystery set lists. sometimes it randomly picks some impossible song that rapes me hard.

I read yesterday that people are getting damaged drum kits with the Guitar Hero bundles, so this is no longer just a Harmonix issue.

well the guitar hero problems are a little less severe and different in the hard hitting detection. It's more of the game design fault that makes it required to play

I was playing the drum trainer for a bit and got a couple of those phantom hits on my RB2 drums. I've probably used the set for an hour or less. What's this about glue?

I'm probably gonna have to pick up the PS3 version of Rock Band 2 also.

Hopefully the World Tour drums are sold as a standalone since I want to play RB2 with those drums but not if it means that I have to dish out close to $200 for the band kit.

Anyways, the beat trainer in Rock Band 2 is basically impossible for me to complete, been trying for a while now..

I like that the drum trainer is there, but yeah, it wasn't long before I was getting killed. I'm looking forward to practicing, though.

I wish the fill trainer had a few "famous solos" or something just for fun. I know I wouldn't be able to do any of them but it would be cool to see how they translate into Rock Band format. I was so disappointed when a bunch of the Who songs just have fills where it's normally Keith Moon going nuts.

Speaking of drum solos, I play the drums on hard and the solos I've encountered in songs are really boring. I'd figure the solos would have you flipping out on the drum pads but maybe it's better on the expert difficulty.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I'm probably gonna have to pick up the PS3 version of Rock Band 2 also.

Hopefully the World Tour drums are sold as a standalone since I want to play RB2 with those drums but not if it means that I have to dish out close to $200 for the band kit.

Anyways, the beat trainer in Rock Band 2 is basically impossible for me to complete, been trying for a while now..[/quote]I just need to do one more beat and I get the trophy for doing them all with at least 100.I did the fill one too.This game rocks!

there's some glue on the inside that if messily done can cross circuits and cause things to randomly hit off like in the previous video I posted.

is there any point to fans in the world tour mode? before you needed them to unlock events I think, but no longer so. If so that's a good thing.

gotta love random sets, 2 easy songs and then suddenly machinehead, wtf.......

You still need fans. I'm 240,000 away from unlocking the Endless Setlist, which I highly doubt I'll ever play if I can't stop and resume it like I can with the challenges.

Do the guitar hero 3 guitars work on Rock Band 2? I bought one from amazon when they were on special for $25 in the hopes that it does. :D

If not Ill just have it shipped back.

[quote name='snakelda']I just need to do one more beat and I get the trophy for doing them all with at least 100.I did the fill one too.This game rocks![/quote]

I gave up on the drum beat trainer, can't finish all of them on a higher speed and can't finish half of them on a lower speed. I'll just stick with knowing I finished the fill trainer :lol:.

[quote name='metaly']I doubt I can even finish the fill trainer except on the lowest setting. :cry: Dumb foot is not coordinated... yet![/quote]

Just play some songs on medium, work your way up to hard and the fills will be a breeze.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Do the guitar hero 3 guitars work on Rock Band 2? I bought one from amazon when they were on special for $25 in the hopes that it does. :D

If not Ill just have it shipped back.[/quote]

Yes they do.

RB guitar question. My guitar started acting up last night. Was playing then suddenly the last buttons I hit stuck on the screen and no matter which buttons I pressed they would stay stuck on the screen. I switched it off and on and it played OK for a few seconds then same thing.

Possible dead batteries? Or dead guitar?

EDIT: Also what type of batteries does it take? AAA?

[quote name='GodlyOne']I gave up on the drum beat trainer, can't finish all of them on a higher speed and can't finish half of them on a lower speed. I'll just stick with knowing I finished the fill trainer :lol:.[/quote]It's pretty easy. Just work your way up in songs and you'll get them. :) One of the few things I can't do is the huge drum roll in Train Kept on Rollin'.I probably get to halfway before I lose my combo.

[quote name='snakelda']It's pretty easy. Just work your way up in songs and you'll get them. :) One of the few things I can't do is the huge drum roll in Train Kept on Rollin'.I probably get to halfway before I lose my combo.[/quote]

That's a fun part on expert. I haven't tried the drum trainer, but i'm assuming everyone is having trouble with it because either a) they don't have music experience, or b) don't play drums on expert??

anyone else still have the problem w/ pressing the foot pedal off the beat?
I have this automatic reaction to press my foot down to the drumming beat, pisses me off.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']That's a fun part on expert. I haven't tried the drum trainer, but i'm assuming everyone is having trouble with it because either a) they don't have music experience, or b) don't play drums on expert??[/quote]
From the posts I've read,it seems like it could be choice B.Some beats are kind of hard though.

[quote name='Zoglog']anyone else still have the problem w/ pressing the foot pedal off the beat?
I have this automatic reaction to press my foot down to the drumming beat, pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I dug out the old drum set and remembered how horribly I SUCK at drumming. The foot pedal entirely screws me up... not sure how I break that mental block.

For those of us who don't play guitar on Expert, I've found the easiest way to pick up the Gold Star trophy. Play Bass for Whatcha Want by the Beastie Boys, it's just a two green notes repeating through out the entire song!

Anybody find a good way of acquiring the 90 second overdrive requirement?

[quote name='Duckbutt']For those of us who don't play guitar on Expert, I've found the easiest way to pick up the Gold Star trophy. Play Bass for Whatcha Want by the Beastie Boys, it's just a two green notes repeating through out the entire song!

Anybody find a good way of acquiring the 90 second overdrive requirement?[/quote]

[quote name='ohvermie']Probably also a good way to pick up the bass achieve...I mean trophy. Just make sure to upstrum only![/quote]

And to add to that you can switch it to lefty mode to get bass trophy easier. That is what I did.

You can also get the gold star on expert vocals for whatcha want by just holding the microphone to the television speaker with it turned up loud enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Duckbutt']For those of us who don't play guitar on Expert, I've found the easiest way to pick up the Gold Star trophy. Play Bass for Whatcha Want by the Beastie Boys, it's just a two green notes repeating through out the entire song!

Anybody find a good way of acquiring the 90 second overdrive requirement?[/quote]
Put the guitar in lefty mode and you can downstrum.

Is it me or is the guitar timing window way tighter than for GH games? I tried the guitar last night and was missing a lot of notes. They had to be almost perfectly on the line. But overall, the charting seems to be much easier than GH. Maybe I'll finally 5 star a song!

[quote name='DrNo888']Is it me or is the guitar timing window way tighter than for GH games? I tried the guitar last night and was missing a lot of notes. They had to be almost perfectly on the line. But overall, the charting seems to be much easier than GH. Maybe I'll finally 5 star a song![/QUOTE]

I had the same question a few pages back and it was suggested to go through the calibration for the game-- I had never had to do that before but I did it and my playing got MUCH better. Try that...

Actually, I did the calibration both manually and automatically, but it made it worse so I reset all back to 0's. Maybe I am too used to GH's timing. We'll see after some more practice.

Well if they can get the Beatles and AC/DC, they should be able to bring any band on board now. I'd love to see Pink Floyd, but I'm not holding my breath on that either.

[quote name='DrNo888']Is it me or is the guitar timing window way tighter than for GH games? I tried the guitar last night and was missing a lot of notes. They had to be almost perfectly on the line. But overall, the charting seems to be much easier than GH. Maybe I'll finally 5 star a song![/QUOTE]
It's definitely tighter. GH3 was WAY too loose. The charting gets pretty tricky for some of the higher tier songs. Playing a mystery set list on hard and then running into Metallica's Battery is infuriating.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']Anybody know if you can share the AC/DC track pack? Like sharing other downloadable content on the PSN?[/QUOTE]
Yes apparently you can, would love to get a hold of it with no walmarts around here in NYC.

I doubt it. It doesn't seem like this is being handled like normal DLC, so I don't think it'll show up in the Download list. You'll have to wait for somebody that bought it to confirm or deny that.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I doubt it. It doesn't seem like this is being handled like normal DLC, so I don't think it'll show up in the Download list. You'll have to wait for somebody that bought it to confirm or deny that.[/QUOTE]
Someone posted it in the gameshare thread, also confirmed on the official forums. The disc is basically useless after entering the code.

So it uses the PS Store to do the activation or what? I was thinking that if it didn't and pulled it straight from the disc that it wouldn't be gameshareable.

[quote name='LennyKravitz']Someone posted it in the gameshare thread, also confirmed on the official forums. The disc is basically useless after entering the code.[/QUOTE]

Link please?

I would like confirmation that someone has gameshared it with their friend even though it appears on the Download List. Some members in my gamesharing group love AC/DC and are wondering if it's shareable.

like i said, i'm 100% certain that it shows up in your download list once you redeem the code. i know for sure because i did this for my rb gameshare group. i went out and purchased the game, signed into the gameshare group and redeemed the code. then it was available for everyone to download and, subsequently, play in rb. i tested this and played the ac/dc songs in RB2 with a friend in my gameshare group.
you never even need to use the disc to do this, it's that simple. of course, you won't get whatever joy might be found on the disc, but who cares? having the tracks in your RB library is much more important, imo. i still haven't played the songs outside of RB2.

[quote name='evergoo']
I would like confirmation that someone has gameshared it with their friend even though it appears on the Download List. Some members in my gamesharing group love AC/DC and are wondering if it's shareable.[/QUOTE]

just got the disc yesterday and yes... it's gameshare-able.... a friend and i split the cost of the disc and inported the songs onto our ps3's, it worked on his rock band 1 and my rock band 2 without any issue.

it does appear in the downloaded list on PSN.

So should I bother keeping the AC/DC track pack in my goozex queue to receive or will it not work for me to export/download the songs if the original owner already has?

bread's done
Back