The Rock Band Thread - 10/26: Rock Band 3 Out Now With Free The Doors Pack In-Game!

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find a GHWT demo unit in a store to test it out first, but I'm definitely interested in picking up the guitar now. Too bad it seems like they only sell it bundled with the game at this point. I wonder how long it'll take for it to show up separately.

Rock revolution dropped guys if you want another game to beat the drum to and guitar. no singing sadly .
its 24.99 used 17.49 after coupon& edge Gamestop of course
luckily i noticed the drop i just picked it up last week for 44.99 luckily i was within the 7 days and did a return rebuy.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Rock revolution dropped guys if you want another game to beat the drum to and guitar. no singing sadly .
its 24.99 used 17.49 after coupon& edge Gamestop of course
luckily i noticed the drop i just picked it up last week for 44.99 luckily i was within the 7 days and did a return rebuy.[/quote]
already huh, i'll pick it up when it's $10 with some coupons, bad cover songs drive me nuckin futz

[quote name='metaly']Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find a GHWT demo unit in a store to test it out first, but I'm definitely interested in picking up the guitar now. Too bad it seems like they only sell it bundled with the game at this point. I wonder how long it'll take for it to show up separately.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine after the holidays. That was around when they started selling the Les Pauls separately last year.

those of you looking for the Ac/dc check your gamestop B&M(not listed on the website) they have it used for 19.99 so like 14 with coups
the code might be used up already to play it on rb2 or 1 but its a stand alone game. anyone know if that thing in the PSN store for the rb1 tracks to transfer will work?

[quote name='m_d_amore']those of you looking for the Ac/dc check your gamestop B&M(not listed on the website) they have it used for 19.99 so like 14 with coups
the code might be used up already to play it on rb2 or 1 but its a stand alone game. anyone know if that thing in the PSN store for the rb1 tracks to transfer will work?[/QUOTE]

The Rock Band Export Key is solely for the purpose of exporting 55 out of the 58 original Rock Band songs for use in Rock Band 2. It DOES NOT work for the AC/DC Live Track Pack. The only way to export the 18 AC/DC Live tracks is to buy the game from Wal-Mart (and only Wal-Mart) and use the code to download the songs (700+ MBs) for use in Rock Band 2. You're only other option without having to pay the Wal-Mart price of $39.88 is to somehow find an unused code, although I highly doubt any used copy of GameStop would contain an unused code, but you never know.

Like most DLC, the tracks are Game Shareable.

And the reason that the track pack is only available at Wal-Mart is because of some exclusive agreement that AC/DC has with Wal-Mart in terms of distribution. So you will NEVER see the tracks as DLC unless AC/DC, Wal-Mart, and Harmonix come to some sort of mutual agreement.

Kinda sucks I spent $39.88 just to play Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, and TNT (plus a couple more). But they are sweet.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Anyone pick up trackpack2?[/QUOTE]

It's just 20 songs that are already available as DLC. Nothing special about it except you get a disc, case, maybe manual? And yeah, you can play it as a stand-alone.

Any word on a patch for the functionality of the GH:WT drums on RB2? I bought the GHWT bundle for the drums and like them a lot. But I definitely prefer the RB2 game. I'm tired of using my loud ass RB1 drums and refuse to shell out money for yet another drum set.

Great week for DLC again:

DLC Week of 11/25

The Killers 3 Pack!

Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
Spaceman

Yngwie Malmsteen 3 Pack!

Caprici Di Diablo
Damnation Game
Red Devil

Soundgarden Singles!

Jesus Christ Pose
Pretty Noose

Lamb of God Single!

Laid To Rest

Each track is available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the complete three packs.

All tracks are masters.

This DLC will be available on 11/25 for both Xbox360 AND the PS3 (thanks to the holiday next Thursday).

Note that the DLC will be released on Tuesday this week as well.

Once I get my PS3 back from servicing, I'll buy both Soundgarden tracks as well as Lamb of God. May buy something from Yngwie and The Killers in the future.

The photo generator on rockband.com is way too fun.

Metal_Slime-422x281_avatar_420.jpg
\m/

[quote name='Warner1281']Any word on a patch for the functionality of the GH:WT drums on RB2? I bought the GHWT bundle for the drums and like them a lot. But I definitely prefer the RB2 game. I'm tired of using my loud ass RB1 drums and refuse to shell out money for yet another drum set.[/quote]
http://kotaku.com/5098134/your-guitar-hero-world-tour-drums-now-work-in-rock-band-2

Owners of the PlayStation 3 version of Rock Band 2 will be asked to upgrade their copies to version 1.01 today. That hundredth increase in version numbering brings with it a bunch of new bug fixes, the most noteworthy being a corrected "interoperability issue" with Guitar Hero World Tour drum and guitar peripherals. Happy, happy clutter-free days! Even better, if you found yourself somehow on the receiving end of a copy of Konami's Rock Revolution, that game's drum kit will work too. For the full list of changes, read on.
Release Notes:
Hardware
· Provided support for third party drum and guitar controllers including GHWT & RR.
· Adjusted crosstalk values for drum hardware.
· Bug fix for remote drum fills being silent – users will now hear the drum track when drum fills.

Gameplay
· Fixed overlapping drum fill bug on drum track.
· Fixed rare network crash involving client signing out during setlist creation.
· Fixed rare crash on calibration screen when users mash guitar controller buttons.
· Fixed bug where Leaderboard scores in BWT were not uploading after users played the first song.
· Fixed bug where Leaderboard career scores were posted including DLC songs and not just disc songs as originally intended.

[quote name='metaly']The photo generator on rockband.com is way too fun.

Metal_Slime-422x281_avatar_420.jpg
\m/
[/QUOTE]
Damnit, I will be toying with this all day now. :p
stereomind-422x281_0_avatar_420.jpg

Just wondering if my RB2 is messed up, or if the game is buggy for others too. Anybody had trouble downloading the patch and just in general really crappy in-game music store performance?

It took me half a dozen tries before the damn thing actually downloaded the patch as it would reboot the ps3, kick out to the xmb, or freeze on a blank screen.

I've had problems the whole time with the in-game music store kicking me out to the main screen with ambiguous message about music store connection problems. I put in RB1 just to get some preview tracks and had no problems at all.

[quote name='bmulligan']Does anybody know if the track pack 2 for Rockband has activation codes like the AC/DC disk?[/quote]
yes.

I just got it today for $.99 with the purchase of RB2 for $59.99. What sucks about the track pack is that I already had 7 songs, but $1 for 13 songs isn't that bad. One more thing that sucks is that since it's my bros he can't see it until x-mas.

Also, I can't play Highway to Hell on Expert because I can't get through the solo, it's killing me.

Do the PS3 mics from SingStar vol. 1 work with RB2? Just picked up RB2 for $44 at Amazon and now I need to pick up the instruments. Would be great if my SS mics worked.

I tried a search already and didn't come up with anything here on CAG, so sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks

Dr. SP

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Do the PS3 mics from SingStar vol. 1 work with RB2? Just picked up RB2 for $44 at Amazon and now I need to pick up the instruments. Would be great if my SS mics worked.

I tried a search already and didn't come up with anything here on CAG, so sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks

Dr. SP[/quote]

I believe evergoo posted somewhere in this thread that SingStar mics do indeed work.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I believe evergoo posted somewhere in this thread that SingStar mics do indeed work.[/QUOTE]I tried and it didn't work for the beats part (where I hit the microphone). I'll try again.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Do the PS3 mics from SingStar vol. 1 work with RB2? Just picked up RB2 for $44 at Amazon and now I need to pick up the instruments. Would be great if my SS mics worked.

Thanks

Dr. SP[/quote]
I have an extra RB Mic I could sell you if you need one.

Got the GHWT guitar today thanks to that Amazon deal and it absolutely blows the Stratocaster away. I'm not 100% used to the fret buttons so I was missing some weird notes, but that strum bar is solid. It's noisier than the Strat of course, but it's a nice microswitch click that is nowhere near as annoying as the Strat's CLACK CLACK fret buttons. The star power button is great, too. I miss being able to do the big rock ending on the solo buttons, but that's my only complaint.

I also got the Flawless Fretwork trophy using this thing. That's probably all I really needed to say. :)

Started RB2 a couple days ago, and after a couple songs thought my strat must be dying, since I was missing easy notes. As I was deciding whether to change the batteries or not, I gold-starred 2 songs in a row. Weird.

[quote name='metaly']Got the GHWT guitar today thanks to that Amazon deal and it absolutely blows the Stratocaster away. I'm not 100% used to the fret buttons so I was missing some weird notes, but that strum bar is solid. It's noisier than the Strat of course, but it's a nice microswitch click that is nowhere near as annoying as the Strat's CLACK CLACK fret buttons. The star power button is great, too. I miss being able to do the big rock ending on the solo buttons, but that's my only complaint.

I also got the Flawless Fretwork trophy using this thing. That's probably all I really needed to say. :)[/quote]

So metaly likes the GHWT guitar. I'm piece-mealing a GH2 set together and am in the market for a guitar. My early take is that the GH1 guitar is better than the GH2 guitar. That plus it is $20+ less than the GH2 guitar makes mean lean towards getting a used GH1 guitar.

Anyone think differently? I'd appreacite the feedback.

Anyone play Rock Band 2 with the World Tour drums? Better? Worse? I wanted to get myself a set but they go for like $120.00+ on eBay (used too :bomb:).

Thanks

Dr. SP[/quote]

Just for the record, I tried my SingStar mics. As a few noted, they work but seem to lack the "hit the mic for tambourine/clapping" effect. Also, to get them to work, I had to sing very, very close to the mic.

I just picked up a used, RB-branded mic for $10 from GameStop using a gift card.

Now I just need a guitar controller.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Just for the record, I tried my SingStar mics. As a few noted, they work but seem to lack the "hit the mic for tambourine/clapping" effect. Also, to get them to work, I had to sing very, very close to the mic.

I just picked up a used, RB-branded mic for $10 from GameStop using a gift card.

Now I just need a guitar controller.[/QUOTE]

For the cowbell/tambourine sections, try hitting the SingStar mic (near the mic and not the handle) on the side of your hand as if you're clapping. That works very well for me and I rarely make any mistakes using this technique.

Also, you can use BOTH SingStar mics in RB. Go ahead and do duets or sing-offs!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You didn't search very hard since you missed that compatibility info in the OP. ;)[/quote]

True. Let's just say that CAG's onsite search telling me that the terms "SingStar" and "mic" were somewhere in this thread didn't lead me to the answer fast enough. And given the experience of some of the CAGers, how compatible they really are seems up for debate or at least needs more testing.

I can only be expected to really try so hard before I give up and ask the group. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you have it set to show you the post and not the thread?[/quote]

Look, don't bother me with details! I'm an important man with many important things to do with important people! Just ask me!

j/k I think I learned something about CAG search today. Thanks!:D

(on the other hand, Singstar and mic returns 300+ posts in the PS3 forum alone)

It may be because the search doesn't like three letter words, so you were basically searching for Singstar alone. If you add "microphone" and "Rock Band" to that and you get the OP.

There's also 2 different search buttons, in case you didn't know. There's the general "search" button at the top along with "User CP" and what not. But, there's also the "Search this thread" or "Search this forum" button depending on what you're currently looking at on the right hand side just below the thread title.

Not trying to preach or anything, but there's a lot of instances on CAG where people simply don't use the tools like that or "subscribe to thread". Jeez, I should just blog about it.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']
Not trying to preach or anything, but there's a lot of instances on CAG where people simply don't use the tools like that or "subscribe to thread". [/quote]

*raises hand* guilty :)

So the long rumored country DLC has been announced:

Release Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 (Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360)
Thursday, December 18, 2008 (PlayStation®Store)
Tracks:
(Click on track to view music video)
Brad Paisley “Mud on the Tires”
Brooks & Dunn “Hillbilly Deluxe”
Dierks Bentley “Free & Easy (Down the Road I Go)”
Dixie Chicks “Sin Wagon”
Miranda Lambert “Gunpowder & Lead”
Price: $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$8.49 (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the 5-pack
(All tracks are original master recordings)
Locations: Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Network
** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **

I'm going to look into, while it may be hard, making Rock Band 2 a CAG night on Thursday evenings. I just have to decide how to divide people up by instrument in groups. All I know of is finding people to do vocals will be tough (Although I like Karaoke, I won't do vocals in RB games because the text is too tiny and I can't see it too well).

Question about the Endless Setlist 2 trophy (the one without pausing)...

So obviously if you pause at any point you've wasted your time. However, when you fail a song, it usually takes you to a menu asking if you want to retry, quit, etc. Is it possible to purposely faila song so that the menu comes up and then just leave it at that until you're ready to play again? I would imagine the answer is no, but if it is, then does that mean you can't fail any songs at all?

[quote name='Warner1281']Question about the Endless Setlist 2 trophy (the one without pausing)...

So obviously if you pause at any point you've wasted your time. However, when you fail a song, it usually takes you to a menu asking if you want to retry, quit, etc. Is it possible to purposely faila song so that the menu comes up and then just leave it at that until you're ready to play again? I would imagine the answer is no, but if it is, then does that mean you can't fail any songs at all?[/quote]

Can't pause or fail.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Anyone play Rock Band 2 with the World Tour drums? Better? Worse? I wanted to get myself a set but they go for like $120.00+ on eBay (used too :bomb:).[/QUOTE]

Worse. Anything with a lot of tom work is a real PiTa on the GHWT drums (in RB2).

Much better to use the RB2 kit with addon cymbals IMO, especially since RB2 is 20x more
fun than GHWT, so much better to play the better game with the correct equipment.

I have both setups right now and will probably get rid of the GHWT kit soon.

Wait a second what the hell am I doing in the PS3 forum? I don't belong here.
I didn't even know this thread existed, sorry about that.

[quote name='porieux']Worse. Anything with a lot of tom work is a real PiTa on the GHWT drums (in RB2).

Much better to use the RB2 kit with addon cymbals IMO, especially since RB2 is 20x more
fun than GHWT, so much better to play the better game with the correct equipment.

I have both setups right now and will probably get rid of the GHWT kit soon.[/quote]

I dunno. I've been using the GHWT drums and I like them on RB2 a lot. I'll hand it to you that playing the yellow pad/cymbal is different but not necessarily better/worse. I think it's just a different style that I've gotten used to. I could use either set, but I think I like the GHWT drums more. Meh, guess it's more of a personal preference, but not much to base it on besides setup and the quietness of the pads.

[quote name='evergoo']For the cowbell/tambourine sections, try hitting the SingStar mic (near the mic and not the handle) on the side of your hand as if you're clapping. That works very well for me and I rarely make any mistakes using this technique.

Also, you can use BOTH SingStar mics in RB. Go ahead and do duets or sing-offs![/quote]

I've officially given up on using the SingStar mics. While they may work for others, I've found them pretty unreliable and I still never got the cowbell/clapping thing to work. Let's just say YMMV.

bread's done
Back