The ShOTT heard 'round the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='shrike4242']Smart dog.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jake? Smart? GET outta here. :)

(He does have moments of sheer brilliance, but mostly, he earns the name of "tardass" with ease.)

2 OTT regulars either live or lived for a long time in RI. What are the odds?

Anyway, I'm completely addicted to Pikmin. Seems like they could have done more with it, but what is there is fantastic. Picked up nearly every part from the first 3 areas and poked around the 4th (landed, walked around, quit the game) A few parts there look like low hanging fruit, but a couple look to be a real bitch.

[quote name='wubb']2 OTT regulars either live or lived for a long time in RI. What are the odds?

Anyway, I'm completely addicted to Pikmin. Seems like they could have done more with it, but what is there is fantastic. Picked up nearly every part from the first 3 areas and poked around the 4th (landed, walked around, quit the game) A few parts there look like low hanging fruit, but a couple look to be a real bitch.[/QUOTE]

1 in a million shot doc, 1 in a million shot.

I was always interested in Pikmin but never bought it. Now that I'm barely gaming, my chance for playing it is basically diminished.

Took my tv to Best Buy for repairs on 1/3, and it's still in repair as of today (1/29). They're still waiting on the replacement LCD screen, they tell me.

What in the world can I do to make this shit go quicker, get an exchange or credit in the price of the TV? This shit is off-the-fucking-wall absurd.

[quote name='mykevermin']Took my tv to Best Buy for repairs on 1/3, and it's still in repair as of today (1/29). They're still waiting on the replacement LCD screen, they tell me.

What in the world can I do to make this shit go quicker, get an exchange or credit in the price of the TV? This shit is off-the-fucking-wall absurd.[/quote]

Best Buy is just overly problematic when you have to deal with customer service (at least for repairs or RZ). I know I'm trying to figure out how to ignite the next motherfucker support rep I talk to about my RZ problem, because I've already called 4 times and the 5th is probably not going to be any different... :bomb:

[quote name='Brak']My black lab is named Jake.

He's an idiot and annoying.[/quote]

as you can tell, our jake is a yellow lab. he's both an idiot and an attention whore.

[quote name='mykevermin']Took my tv to Best Buy for repairs on 1/3, and it's still in repair as of today (1/29). They're still waiting on the replacement LCD screen, they tell me.

What in the world can I do to make this shit go quicker, get an exchange or credit in the price of the TV? This shit is off-the-fucking-wall absurd.[/quote] If it's in factory warranty, there's not much you can do.

If it's in the BB Extended Warranty, I'd call 888-BESTBUY and make a stink. 3+ weeks to get it fixed is ridiculous.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Best Buy is just overly problematic when you have to deal with customer service (at least for repairs or RZ). I know I'm trying to figure out how to ignite the next motherfucker support rep I talk to about my RZ problem, because I've already called 4 times and the 5th is probably not going to be any different... :bomb:[/quote]
Dare I ask what issue you're having with them?

[quote name='shrike4242']Enough whining about the temperature. You'd think that OTTers would just hide in their dam when the temperature's cold. :roll:[/quote][quote name='Dead of Knight'] Not when you have to walk to a class that's at 8:30 AM. :roll:[/quote]Back in Shrike's day, he had to walk 15 miles uphill in the snow.

;)

That joke was almost too easy.
44 and feels like 44 here. Dontcha just love Texas?

[quote name='shrike4242']
Dare I ask what issue you're having with them?[/quote]

I put this in spoiler tags, so people who don't care don't have to read it. Just skip this post unless you want to read a long winded tale of me trying to recover $30+ in RZ certificates from BB.

Bought several items (2 TP hardcover guides, family guy season 4 [xmas present for a friend], and 2 DS Lites (one black, for me. one pink, to flip.). Used $80 in RZ Certificates toward the purchase. Those were split up evenly, and 31.24 was taken off each DS Lite.

DS Lite didn't sell before the holiday, so I decided to just return it. Talked with the CS desk about how the RZ credit would come back to me. She said she couldn't do anything, that RZ would refund me that amount in certificates. Saw the "RZ will credit you..." or something on the receipt, accepted this, and left.

I check my RZ account a week later and see no evidence of anything being refunded, though the adjustment to take the points off for my return. I thought I'd better call to make sure it gets handled. Talk with a helpful guy who speaks clear english - says he'll adjust my count to give me $35 in certificates to cover the $31.24. I thank him and that's the end of it.

So I made a call a week or so later to ask them if they'd do anything about my empty DQ8 purchase. When finished with the real customer service rep, I ask him to peek at my RZ account, because the website still isn't showing an adjustment. He comments that an adjustment was made, then cancelled, and now I was being adjusted for 0 points. Pissed off, I ask to transfer to the RZ dept. Customer service rep informs me management vetoed the adjustment because of missing information. I find my receipts and provide them with all the transaction numbers and the like. I'm told my adjustment will be in effect within 10 days. Receive case number #1.

Now, in the next 2 weeks or so, I've received a 250 point adjustment, giving me $5 of the $31.24 back... this seems to be the $5 certificate I was promised by the first rep, however, the bulk of the adjustment is still missing ($30). So I call again. I'm told that it should've worked, everything is fine, all the information is there, they don't know why it didn't post, but they've redone it and it will post now. I'm promised it'll be fixed by January 25th. Receive case number #2.

Call last week, probably on the 26th, as nothing as shown up. I'm given some line about the "pending adjustments take a month to show up, just like regular transactions." She offers to give me a 3rd case number for my 4th call about this issue. So now I get to call back in February, as I've still seen no sign of the adjustment I'm owed. And by this point, I'm considering the $5 adj. they've given me as comp for my efforts to be refunded what I'm owed.

What it comes down to is the motherfuckers should've just put it on a gift card for me. It would make everyones lives easier. No hassle, no problems, no customers asking for horses to send them modified assault rifles. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Pookymeister']Demolition Man ain't got nothing on me[/QUOTE]

Because you know I got EVERYTHING on you.... beeatchnutz! :lol:

Besides if anyone is going to complain about Pancake doing two OTTs in a row it would be Ruffles not me. I honestly don't give two shits.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Back in Shrike's day, he had to walk 15 miles uphill in the snow.

;)

44 and feels like 44 here. Dontcha just love Texas?[/quote] I knew someone would make the joke for me. ;)

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I put this in spoiler tags, so people who don't care don't have to read it. Just skip this post unless you want to read a long winded tale of me trying to recover $30+ in RZ certificates from BB.

Bought several items (2 TP hardcover guides, family guy season 4 [xmas present for a friend], and 2 DS Lites (one black, for me. one pink, to flip.). Used $80 in RZ Certificates toward the purchase. Those were split up evenly, and 31.24 was taken off each DS Lite.

DS Lite didn't sell before the holiday, so I decided to just return it. Talked with the CS desk about how the RZ credit would come back to me. She said she couldn't do anything, that RZ would refund me that amount in certificates. Saw the "RZ will credit you..." or something on the receipt, accepted this, and left.

I check my RZ account a week later and see no evidence of anything being refunded, though the adjustment to take the points off for my return. I thought I'd better call to make sure it gets handled. Talk with a helpful guy who speaks clear english - says he'll adjust my count to give me $35 in certificates to cover the $31.24. I thank him and that's the end of it.

So I made a call a week or so later to ask them if they'd do anything about my empty DQ8 purchase. When finished with the real customer service rep, I ask him to peek at my RZ account, because the website still isn't showing an adjustment. He comments that an adjustment was made, then cancelled, and now I was being adjusted for 0 points. Pissed off, I ask to transfer to the RZ dept. Customer service rep informs me management vetoed the adjustment because of missing information. I find my receipts and provide them with all the transaction numbers and the like. I'm told my adjustment will be in effect within 10 days. Receive case number #1.

Now, in the next 2 weeks or so, I've received a 250 point adjustment, giving me $5 of the $31.24 back... this seems to be the $5 certificate I was promised by the first rep, however, the bulk of the adjustment is still missing ($30). So I call again. I'm told that it should've worked, everything is fine, all the information is there, they don't know why it didn't post, but they've redone it and it will post now. I'm promised it'll be fixed by January 25th. Receive case number #2.

Call last week, probably on the 26th, as nothing as shown up. I'm given some line about the "pending adjustments take a month to show up, just like regular transactions." She offers to give me a 3rd case number for my 4th call about this issue. So now I get to call back in February, as I've still seen no sign of the adjustment I'm owed. And by this point, I'm considering the $5 adj. they've given me as comp for my efforts to be refunded what I'm owed.

What it comes down to is the motherfuckers should've just put it on a gift card for me. It would make everyones lives easier. No hassle, no problems, no customers asking for horses to send them modified assault rifles. :whistle2:#
[/quote]
Actually, they're doing what they're supposed to, and all the bitching won't do a whole lot. Returning an item purchased with a RZ cert is a huge pain in the ass, because of how their system works. I learned a long while ago that if you return something with a RZ cert, you better go buy something right then and there, otherwise, you'll be lucky to get it back in a month's time.

Though, as you returned it before the holiday, it should be there by now, worse case, the end of this week. The $5 should be considered as "comp" for all the hassle, though I'd sit tight until the end of this week before reading them the riot act again.

Does anyone have experience ordering magazines from Amazon? I ordered a subscription to Taste of Home for my mom a few days after Thanksgiving, in hopes of her getting something by Christmas. As of today she still hasnt gotten a single issue, nor a notification card that a subscription has been activated in her name.

[quote name='shrike4242']I knew someone would make the joke for me. ;)

Actually, they're doing what they're supposed to, and all the bitching won't do a whole lot.

Though, as you returned it before the holiday, it should be there by now, worse case, the end of this week. The $5 should be considered as "comp" for all the hassle, though I'd sit tight until the end of this week before reading them the riot act again.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

And I know they're doing it how they're supposed to, but to me, whether I have an RZ cert or a BB gift card, it's still me making the purchase for the amount in their store. For fuck's sake, I don't see the difference unless it's internal corporate accounting. I should've just picked up a DS game and said "fuck it" but I'm dumb. :whistle2:#

Oh well, off to meet Chika for lunch.

[quote name='wubb']2 OTT regulars either live or lived for a long time in RI. What are the odds?[/QUOTE]

RI isn't the least populated state, you know. Not by a long shot. It's the 43rd most populated. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, and I have a question: Why is Miss America on CMT this year? :lol:

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']
Oh well, off to meet Chika for lunch.[/QUOTE]
I miss meeting my boyfriend for lunch. :cry: He needs to get his ass back here!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']RI isn't the least populated state, you know. Not by a long shot. It's the 43rd most populated. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true, but I'm still amazed whenever I see people from RI on here.

Probably because it's likely I might know him/her.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

And I know they're doing it how they're supposed to, but to me, whether I have an RZ cert or a BB gift card, it's still me making the purchase for the amount in their store. For fuck's sake, I don't see the difference unless it's internal corporate accounting. I should've just picked up a DS game and said "fuck it" but I'm dumb. :whistle2:#

Oh well, off to meet Chika for lunch.[/quote]
The reason it's all screwed up is because of how they implemented it back in the beginning. Because it's a system that runs alongside the POS system and only touches it in a couple of spots, it's screwed up when returns happened. They've had plenty of times to fix it, which is why I'm surprised they're still screwing around with it now.

I just remember the back-and-forth crap I went through when I made my first return with a RZ cert and that I didn't get it back until 45-60 days after the return :bomb: From that point forward, I'm using the RZ cert on anything else at that moment.

Good luck with it. Also, tell chika I said hello.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Back in Shrike's day, he had to walk 15 miles uphill in the snow.

;)

44 and feels like 44 here. Dontcha just love Texas?[/QUOTE]

3 more years and I will finally be moving back. I can't wait for that to happen.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']poor barbaro[/QUOTE]

Indeed, RIP. They truly tried everything to save him.

I have to say that I don't miss the drivers in RI, ranked the worst in the country. Even the ones in Guam were better, even with some people (ones from neighboring islands) without licenses. :lol:

I schedule my classes for next quarter tonight (yay honors priority). I'm so glad for the first time since last year I get to have the earliest class start at 10:30 instead of 8:30, and, for the first time ever, NO FRIDAY CLASSES!!!!1

EDIT: fuck!!! It's still 22 out and feels like 9!!! Curse you, Ohio!!! Even back home in RI it's 27 feels like 15!!!

[quote name='Mike23']Indeed, RIP. They truly tried everything to save him.[/QUOTE]

Now the only question is: how soon will they be able to get a movie to theatres?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']3 more years and I will finally be moving back. I can't wait for that to happen.[/quote]
Wave on the way by, Casey. :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld14ZG2mzNM[/media]

Watch the guy at 4:30 (guy on the bench, the time is backwards). He should win an Oscar for that.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I have to say that I don't miss the drivers in RI, ranked the worst in the country. Even the ones in Guam were better, even with some people (ones from neighboring islands) without licenses. :lol:

I schedule my classes for next quarter tonight (yay honors priority). I'm so glad for the first time since last year I get to have the earliest class start at 10:30 instead of 8:30, and, for the first time ever, NO FRIDAY CLASSES!!!!1

EDIT: fuck!!! It's still 22 out and feels like 9!!! Curse you, Ohio!!! Even back home in RI it's 27 feels like 15!!![/QUOTE]

Ha, my mom's biggest complaint when she comes back here is the drivers. I found asshole drivers in Ohio, too, so I didn't get what she was talking about...plus, she's an awful driver anyway.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Ha, my mom's biggest complaint when she comes back here is the drivers. I found asshole drivers in Ohio, too, so I didn't get what she was talking about...plus, she's an awful driver anyway.[/QUOTE]

There are asshole drivers everywhere, but RI just has this special quality to it.... People don't use their turn signals, among other things.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Because you know I got EVERYTHING on you.... beeatchnutz! :lol:

Besides if anyone is going to complain about Pancake doing two OTTs in a row it would be Ruffles not me. I honestly don't give two shits.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']There are asshole drivers everywhere, but RI just has this special quality to it.... People don't use their turn signals, among other things.[/quote]
It's not just limited to RI, it's a whole northeast driver mentality. Born in MA, I know it's not just RI that has the lock on that.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's not just limited to RI, it's a whole northeast driver mentality. Born in MA, I know it's not just RI that has the lock on that.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, I can stand Masshole drivers. :p

[quote name='shrike4242']It's not just limited to RI, it's a whole northeast driver mentality. Born in MA, I know it's not just RI that has the lock on that.[/QUOTE]

PA drivers are ok. Some are pretty horrible.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Already opened the box. I'll probably stop around June, when Warhammer Online comes out. This'll be a nice diversion until then.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Atleast you know what to expect out of it. As for me, I'm stumbling from one single player game to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back