The Simpsons Game (360/PS3/Wii) $10 @ Best Buy (in-store pickup for no S+H)

[quote name='zenintrude']the back of the game indicates that the metal of homer poster is a best buy exclusive... so if that helps at all.

wikipedia says that each of the systems had their own unique box/cover art, too.[/quote]

Haha so it does... I was just wondering since I wouldn't mind having those other posters.

I'm thinking I'll wait on this game still. It's not that I don't want it, but there is no sense buying it now if I won't get around to it until X-mas (maybe even longer).

Good deal, theres just too many other games I'd rather spend money on right now (Fable 2, Fallout, Far Cry 2.. not to mention Gears 2 on Friday)

Ended up getting my copy for free, the guy was totally clueless and couldn't find my in-store pickup order. Called over a manager to open up the lockup, then dug through piles of LCDs, laptops, etc looking for my order. Finally gave up and walked back over to the bins and mine was sitting right on top and he missed it. He tried to just finish the transaction but I mentioned "What about the 1 minute guarantee?" He was NOT happy I said that, and read the email confirmation about 5 times trying to get out of giving it to me, and ended up crediting the money back. (they can only credit up to the price of the pickup item, so he just credited me the $9.99+tax so it was $0.00)

End result after 5 minutes of waiting-- 1 free Simpsons game.

Thanks, Best Buy!

thanks I got my 360 copy today. There was plenty for 360, Wii, and PS3. It was still marked as $29.99, but rang up $9.99. Hopefully more 360/PS3 games get marked down to $9.99. I am hoping for Grid, Burnout Paradise, Skate, or DiRT to get marked down to $14.99 or below.

Thanks for the heads up on this one OP. I picked up a copy at the new BB location in Frisco, TX off the tollway and El Dorado. They still had 3 or 4 more copies and it was listed at $29.99 but rang up $9.99.

[quote name='Justin42']Ended up getting my copy for free, the guy was totally clueless and couldn't find my in-store pickup order. Called over a manager to open up the lockup, then dug through piles of LCDs, laptops, etc looking for my order. Finally gave up and walked back over to the bins and mine was sitting right on top and he missed it. He tried to just finish the transaction but I mentioned "What about the 1 minute guarantee?" He was NOT happy I said that, and read the email confirmation about 5 times trying to get out of giving it to me, and ended up crediting the money back. (they can only credit up to the price of the pickup item, so he just credited me the $9.99+tax so it was $0.00)

Thanks, Best Buy![/QUOTE]

Ha, nice.

That 1 minute guarantee is just obnoxious in my opinion. The one time I've done an in-store pick up since they initiated it they didn't even bother with timing it. They have a big countdown clock by the register but it didn't get activated.

Crap i knew I should of jumped on this last night but I came into work and was going to order it first thing. I'll just have to stop by an best buy tonight.

Just pick up the phone and call your local bestbuy & ask if the game in stock. If they do have in stock and make sure they save a copy with your name on it ;) No need to driving around (waste your times & gas). :)

tenzor - Damn, I had a hard time reading your post due to your sig. :lol:

Picked up the 360 version along with some penny guides. Thanks again.

Also picked up Space Chimps and Simpsons on the 360 for $10. Not as great price wise...they have Thrillville and Impact Tuner for $15. I also was able to simply call up store and, if in stock, they hold it for you.

Got a copy for the 360 from the BBY in Mayfield Hts., OH. It rang up for $19.99. After telling the sales associate that both the web site and the price card have it at $9.99, she had someone look into it. Someone overrode the price to $9.99 a few minutes later. There were 5 copies left for the 360 at that store. Didn't look at the Wii or PS3 quantities.

[quote name='mikek1975']Got a copy for the 360 from the BBY in Mayfield Hts., OH. It rang up for $19.99. After telling the sales associate that both the web site and the price card have it at $9.99, she had someone look into it. Someone overrode the price to $9.99 a few minutes later. There were 5 copies left for the 360 at that store. Didn't look at the Wii or PS3 quantities.[/quote]

Exact same thing happend to me, rang up @ $19.99 told them the price card said $9.99, they asked if I had gotten it from the discount bin, I said no from the actual game aisle. The girl from the video game section then had me walk back there to to show her. It got overrode to $9.99 but then the girl peeled off the $9.99 sticker from the card and went to place it back. :whistle2:? So anyone else going to the BB in San Antonio @ Ingram Festival is going to get the wrong price.

[quote name='slowdive21']my best buy said they would match a screen print or an order confirmation. If anyone has one that would be great.[/QUOTE]

because i doubt most people would send your their order confirmation info (privacy, you know)... your best bet would probably be finding a google cache of the deal page on best buy's site. dunno if it has been linked directly here, but copying and pasting the exact url into google's search engine should bring it up.

^^^ I've tried that already, but it doesn't seem to be working. Pretty much everyone who uses this site should be able to blur or black out their order info. All it needs to show is that it was the simpsons on ps3 and that it is 9.99. Everything else can be blacked out.

Well, I bit. It no longer shows up online so I couldn't check before driving to my BB. I had to get Bourne Trilogy anyway so what the heck. Funny thing is there was two copies on the clearance shelf. One was marked 59.99 with a 50% off sticker and the other was marked 29.99 with a 50% of sticker. So, I brought it up to customer service and it rang up at 19.99 so I pointed out the 50% off sticker and they gave it to me without much fuss. Pretty nice of them since I couldn't prove it was $10 (no longer online). I figured I'd be putting it back on the shelf. $10 was the right price, $14.99 wasn't.

[quote name='silver2k1gt']Exact same thing happend to me, rang up @ $19.99 told them the price card said $9.99, they asked if I had gotten it from the discount bin, I said no from the actual game aisle. The girl from the video game section then had me walk back there to to show her. It got overrode to $9.99 but then the girl peeled off the $9.99 sticker from the card and went to place it back. :whistle2:? So anyone else going to the BB in San Antonio @ Ingram Festival is going to get the wrong price.[/quote]

Great, I knew there were some fellow SAites screweing up video game deals I want to get it on.... :bomb:

Almost the same thing happened to me today.
I walked in and they had 4 in a bin, and a bunch on the shelf with the placer tag marked $9.99. None had actual prices on them. Went to the register and it rag up $19.99. I told them that there were several on the shelf and they had a placer marker.... so she went back to check, came back, and told me it was $19.99.

I swore that I was right so I went back to look. She took the price marker away and put the 4 in the bin on the shelf.

BOOOOOOOOOOO

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Almost the same thing happened to me today.
I walked in and they had 4 in a bin, and a bunch on the shelf with the placer tag marked $9.99. None had actual prices on them. Went to the register and it rag up $19.99. I told them that there were several on the shelf and they had a placer marker.... so she went back to check, came back, and told me it was $19.99.

I swore that I was right so I went back to look. She took the price marker away and put the 4 in the bin on the shelf.

BOOOOOOOOOOO[/quote]

It is dumb shit like this that better my skills as a CAG. I always grab place/price markers in order to get it for the advertised/marked price. Also when it comes to $.01 guides I always grab one of every guide available when I go to price check because to this day there are still stores that will rush back to pull the guides during my transaction.

[quote name='Justin42']Ended up getting my copy for free, the guy was totally clueless and couldn't find my in-store pickup order. Called over a manager to open up the lockup, then dug through piles of LCDs, laptops, etc looking for my order. Finally gave up and walked back over to the bins and mine was sitting right on top and he missed it. He tried to just finish the transaction but I mentioned "What about the 1 minute guarantee?" He was NOT happy I said that, and read the email confirmation about 5 times trying to get out of giving it to me, and ended up crediting the money back. (they can only credit up to the price of the pickup item, so he just credited me the $9.99+tax so it was $0.00)

Thanks, Best Buy![/quote]

They removed that 1-minute guarantee off the website. There's a link to it, but it doesn't go anywhere. Funny.

bought a xbox360 copy of game and would love to trade straight up for a sealed copy for the ps3! Can anyone help me out.

Will even pay $10.XX+shipping also for a copy!

[quote name='neudog']It is dumb shit like this that better my skills as a CAG. I always grab place/price markers in order to get it for the advertised/marked price. Also when it comes to $.01 guides I always grab one of every guide available when I go to price check because to this day there are still stores that will rush back to pull the guides during my transaction.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me over the Buffy Bonus disc. The manager wanted me to pay $4.99 for it and it should have been free. I tried to hold my ground, but she wouldn't budge. So I left and went back 15 minutes later when she was on break and the shelf was cleared out. All Dozen or so of them. That sucked!

[quote name='horriblehager']bought a xbox360 copy of game and would love to trade straight up for a sealed copy for the ps3! Can anyone help me out.

Will even pay $10.XX+shipping also for a copy![/QUOTE]

I just grabbed the last PS3 copy out of the Westland, MI store - had a few X360 copies left.

It rang up $19.99 - but they had a $9.99 sticker on it (under the anti-theft case too), so no worries with the cashier.

I got a 360 copy this afternoon. They had 3 left and it rang up $19.99. I told them it was $9.99 on the shelf and they changed it no problem. Funny, I was thinking about picking this up from gamefly for $15 recently but I didnt think that was cheap enough.

I picked one up an extra for 360 - would love to trade it for grid since I missed that target deal, I'd also include a guide from my list. so my game and guide for your grid.

Picked up my in-store copy this afternoon. Scored a $10 gift card with the one-minute guarantee thing. Fantastic deal!

Will try and hunt down a PS3 copy tomorrow, printout of BB.com page in hand if the clerks give any trouble. With the $10 GC I have, this will be perfect.

Rang up for $19.99, which I felt was still a good deal, since that's what I would have paid after savings at the annual TRU B2G1 sale, which is apparently not happening this year. Now, if they could just drop Dirt, Burnout Paradise, and/or the Orange Box to $19.99. . .

[quote name='rebenns']Rang up for $19.99, which I felt was still a good deal, since that's what I would have paid after savings at the annual TRU B2G1 sale, which is apparently not happening this year. Now, if they could just drop Dirt, Burnout Paradise, and/or the Orange Box to $19.99. . .[/quote]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry. It was a few weeks ago.

BTW, not to rub salt in the wound, but my Burnout Paradise and Orange Box (both 360) from the Walmart 2 for 30 sale arrived in the mail yesterday (it was closer to 2 for 37 after shipping and tax, though). Just trying to demonstrate that you should spend more time here, and less time having any sort of normal life (or whatever else it is people do with their time, hell, I don't know).

Success. BB in Schaumburg, IL, had a few PS3 copies available, but they were all in the little locked cage (buried behind recent releases, naturally), rather than on the shelves. It rang up $19.99, so I showed the cashier the BB.com printout with the $9.99 price. Naturally, she had to go to the manager, who seemed convinced that the game was supposed to ring up $59.99 (idiot :roll:). Regardless, the printout was honored, so I cashed in my $10 GC. Total out-of-pocket cost: $0.99 (stupid 10% Crook County sales tax).

Got it for $9.99. I think the game is well worth the $10, but the camera control is terrible. If you are pondering picking it up, I'd say go for it if you are a fan of the Simpsons (the jokes alone are worth $10) and if you can find the game for under $20.

[quote name='soccerstud652'](the jokes alone are worth $10)[/QUOTE]

this.

i was rolling while the narrator was talking during the planetarium sequence.

got shot down by the manager today at my best buy... it was for the 360 version and it rang up 19.99 but it said 9.99 on the price thing behind the game. he was convinced that it was a mistake and wouldnt give in.

Just picked up a PS3 copy this eve, and talked them into the $10 price...

On a side note, spotted a new $9.99 bin with PS3, PS2, 360, DS.
Is PS3 Conan worth $9.99?

First time posting on CAG, Thank you so much for this deal! Totally had no trouble getting the Simpsons game for 10 bucks. Funny ass story & dialogue and the easiest achievement ever, hell yes! Definately worth the 10 dollars.

bread's done
Back