The Speedy1961 Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwaypatrolman

CAGiversary!
By now, most of you have probably heard about the fallout regarding Speedy1961's posting of the Sunday ads:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148179
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161875
http://www.destructoid.com/cheap-ass-gamer-receives-subpoena-from-circuit-city-38114.phtml
http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34074

I'm creating this thread as a means for the CAG community to tell Speedy1961 thanks for his contributions, and for helping his fellow Cheap Ass Gamers save some much needed cash. Thanks, Speedy!

PS. Lets try to keep this thread from turning into a big argument, and just use it as a forum to tell a fellow member thanks.

[quote name='shrike4242']Damn you for beating me to the punch on this. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to spread the love; don't think of this as my thread, think of it as Speedy's thread... :)

I dont have CC here so I never pay much attention to the threads. But he seems like a stand up guy and it would suck for him to take any flack over this.

I for one thank speedy for doing this week in and week out without fail. I for one will support speedy in any way that I can. Speedy thats for all that you do!

[quote name='sying']I for one thank speedy for doing this week in and week out without fail. I for one will support speedy in any way that I can. Speedy thats for all that you do![/quote]

Well said.
Thanks for all you do Speedy, Don't let the Man keep you down! :applause:

051201tiananmensquareexmu9.jpg

We should come up with a universal sig line that we can use to show solidarity.
The best thing I could come up with in a hurry was: CAG in support of Speedy
Any ideas?

I appreciate all the time and effort you have taken to give all of us early ads, Speedy! Your posts have definitely helped me in finding good deals on games, movies, and music. I hope that everything works out for you with this whole CC problem.

thanks Speedy for all your posts, i never really posted in the threads, but always appreciated the effort. Telling my friends about sales and such were an on-going thing last year. :)

Thanks for posting all the ads Speedy. I can't even imagine how many hours you've spent over the past several years painstakingly typing all the ads for both DVDs and games. Then you took even more time to answer countless questions from people. Every week you would have to deal with the people that pointed out every last typo, and you always took that in good stride. I can only hope kharma comes through for you.

You were my CAG of the year in 2006, and you will be my choice this year as well.

save_speedy.jpg

Thanks, speedy. I think this is all crazy, and I will not be shopping at the local CC for a long time. Has anyone thought about putting up an auction or contributions to a speedy legal defense fund if he needs it?

This sounds like a case for Javeryh!

Speedy thanks for trying to save us a buck or two each week. CC is being just being gay, and we will all overcome their retardedness.

damn dood, i'm jealous. You're an internet legend now! if things go wrong dood, i hope you share a cell with mafiaboy and aXXo, cuz you guys are fucking heroes!

Man, Circuit City needs to get the sand out of its collective vagina*

I'm with you all the way, Speedy!

*GunsGermsSteel has nothing but respect for sand and vaginas, just not together.

Thanks for all your work, speedy! It's a damn shame CC can't appreciate the traffic you've driven to their stores.

Speedy should have his own notation in the CAG wiki! :cool:

Thanks for all of your hard work and contributions. Lord knows that you've saved us lots of money. All hail Speedy!

Yeah. It's so bad for CCs business for people to know ahead of time what they have on sale. Good job to the suits at CC. *clap*

I'm no longer shopping at Circuit City, unless it involves me shafting them.

speedy, I hope you and CAG in general get throught this ordeal without any punishment.

And javeryh to the case?

Thanks for all the hard work, Speedy.

Like many others, I only shop at CC when there is an exceptional deal. Speedy's threads were how I found those deals.

Things like the poor customer service and the Hard Boiled/Strangehold screw up are what keep me away from CC. This action doesn't help their case.

I'm with ya Speedy!

I'm amazed. CC should be happy. Without these ads I wouldn't bother to step into those stores.

In my area, CC is a thousand times better than BB (which I hate with a passion). They've always been quick to help me with checking stock, scanning prices, returns, pricematching, whatever. But I hope they understand that the reason I even step into their stores in the first place is 'cause I read Speedy's threads every week. Squeeze CAG and you won't find me shopping at CC again.

[quote name='Brak']I'm no longer shopping at Circuit City, unless it involves me shafting them.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

CC should put Speedy on their payroll for all of the free advertising. Besides, he didn't leak a CC ad - this was a national price cut.

Hip hip hooray for Speedy.

:applause: Thanks for all the early ads speedy. You're one of the good guys in a world full of crap. Knowing the deals early helped plot out spending for the week ahead _ thusly making sure I had cash to toss CC's way.

CC on the other hand needs to turn the mirror inward and look at themselves lately.

[quote name='ninju D']We should come up with a universal sig line that we can use to show solidarity.
The best thing I could come up with in a hurry was: CAG in support of Speedy
Any ideas?[/quote]

[quote name='kongfunk']stay strong speedy[/quote]

^i liked that, alliteration ftw? ;)

ill sig it to show my support

Thanks for everything you've done for us, Speedy, and I hope this shitstorm blows over real fast. I was even more thrilled yesterday when I went in with my raincheck for the $20 off 2 XBL accessories deal and got a 1600 point card for free.. take that, Circuit City!

yeah. speedy will be back. he is Jason Bourne you know.

so i guess he's just taking care of business before he gets back. oh i don't know, maybe *cough*sniper*cough*kill.switch*cough

vlcsnap-8614330.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back