The "Stay Classy, Republicans" Super Nintendo Chalmers Thread

Bob is assuming the impossible anyway. Even on a subconscious level a person is going to let their beliefs influence their opinions, it's natural.

[quote name='camoor']Magic space zombies? Congratulations you've just crossed over from insane to incomprehensible.[/QUOTE]

You're telling me that you've been on the internet for more than a week and never heard Jesus, the all-powerful, back-from-the-dead man who lives in the heavens, referred to as some form of "Magic space zombie"?

[quote name='Clak']Bob is assuming the impossible anyway. Even on a subconscious level a person is going to let their beliefs influence their opinions, it's natural.[/QUOTE]

Letting one's beliefs influence his/her opinions isn't particularly a bad thing.

It's now your beliefs and opinions shape your actions - and how those actions effect others.

Some quick examples - I don't smoke pot. I don't think most people should. However, I would wholly support a repeal of any laws restricting the use of recreational pot.

Not a fan of abortions. If anyone came to me and said "should I get an abortion", I'd likely say "No" - but this isn't based on much more than a gut feeling - thus I would never attempt to prevent them from getting an abortion (either by supporting a law restricting it or otherwise), nor would I guilt them for making such a decision, nor would I offer my unsolicited opinion directly to someone in that situation.

I think we should all brush our teeth on a regular basis... but I wouldn't support any kind of legislation to make this mandatory.

See how that works? You can have a set of morals without attempting to cram them down someone else's throat.

Now, if you want to pass a national holiday that requires everyone to worship David Korseh from sunup 'till sundown... then you're gonna lose my vote.

[quote name='UncleBob']Letting one's beliefs influence his/her opinions isn't particularly a bad thing.
Now, if you want to pass a national holiday that requires everyone to worship David Korseh from sunup 'till sundown... then you're gonna lose my vote.[/QUOTE]

At last you admit defeat.

Mission fucking accomplished.

I got a troll to admit defeat. Feeling pretty fucking good right now. :D

You know how sometimes in tv/film, some "hacker" will introduce a logic bomb into a computer to may it go haywire? That's what bob is like to the human brain. We should make a "Here's your brain, here's your brain after a conversation with bob" video.

[quote name='camoor']At last you admit defeat.

Mission fucking accomplished.

I got a troll to admit defeat. Feeling pretty fucking good right now. :D[/QUOTE]

As per usual, I can't tell if you're unable to comprehend or twisting things on purpose. Either way, the result is the same and it's pretty sad.

[quote name='UncleBob']As per usual, I can't tell if you're unable to comprehend or twisting things on purpose. Either way, the result is the same and it's pretty sad.[/QUOTE]

I'm keeping it real.

[quote name='camoor']I'm keeping it real.[/QUOTE]

You really think someone saying "I believe David Koresh is the second coming of Christ." is equal to "I believe there should be a national holiday to celebrate David Koresh and on that day, all citizens should be forced to worship him."? Like, really for-real?

Because if you really equate those two things, then you've got some serious issues to work through.

[quote name='UncleBob']You really think someone saying "I believe David Koresh is the second coming of Christ." is equal to "I believe there should be a national holiday to celebrate David Koresh and on that day, all citizens should be forced to worship him."? Like, really for-real?

Because if you really equate those two things, then you've got some serious issues to work through.[/QUOTE]

lol UB you are a real pisser :lol:

What's funny is that if you knew a guy who actually acted like Romney, you'd think he was the biggest dick you'd ever met. Taking credit for everything you do, not giving a fuck about your problems, just an all around dick.

The Right Winger Sez
2003 - Bush Vs Kerry
Bush is just more likeable, know what I mean? He's a guy you'd like to have a beer with.

Granted Bush gave up the booze so you're more likely to have a drink with Kerry.

2012 - Obama Vs Romney
I like that Romney fella, seems like a nice guy to have a drink with

Of course his special panties make him impervious to imbibing the nectar.

Everyone repeat after me!
Cognitive Dissonance

Which is made even funnier when you consider that a few folks actually have had drinks with President Obama, at the White House no less.

Batshit Bachmann now has Dual Citzenship in Sweden. Nothing like a Swiss Iowan representing the values of a congressional district in Minnesota.

Just, wow.

[quote name='nasum']Batshit Bachmann now has Dual Citzenship in Sweden. Nothing like a Swiss Iowan representing the values of a congressional district in Minnesota.

Just, wow.[/QUOTE]
I thought she was being pushed out due to gerrymandering?

[quote name='nasum']Batshit Bachmann now has Dual Citzenship in Sweden. Nothing like a Swiss Iowan representing the values of a congressional district in Minnesota.

Just, wow.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, does that make her half an illegal alien then? Can we tell her to go back to her own country (planet) now?

[quote name='Clak']I say we get biblical and go the King Solomon route...;)[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't we have to want to keep her in the first place?

No, if we're lucky the Swiss will take her. Then when they realize how fucking batshit she is they'll try to give her back and we'll say "Nuh uh, she's yours.".

[quote name='dohdough']I thought she was being pushed out due to gerrymandering?[/QUOTE]

The controversy there is that she's now up against a strong sitting Dem (Betty McCollum I think?) and no longer lives in her district. She says she's going to run, but as far as I recall she hasn't filed or moved yet.

Aside from headlines in the local papers, I try to avoid anything with Bachmann. Truly, the folly is just too easy and I like to challenge myself for banter.

considering she missed 98% of her votes while job hunting on the tax payer dime, all the while appearing on Hannity at least twice a month during her stint in Washington, it's safe to say she already has done so.

and now she's "withdrawing" dual citizenship because it's apparently not politically expedient.

Can you say lacks any conviction whatsoever?

[quote name='nasum']and now she's "withdrawing" dual citizenship because it's apparently not politically expedient.

Can you say lacks any conviction whatsoever?[/QUOTE]

And the funny thing is, it wouldn't have taken much for her to defend it. It's not like she got dual citizenship with Iran.

Don't ask how I came to this realization, but conservatives have basically modeled their narrative on daffy duck.

[quote name='Clak']Don't ask how I came to this realization, but conservatives have basically modeled their narrative on daffy duck.[/QUOTE]

How did you come to this realization?

[quote name='nasum']How did you come to this realization?[/QUOTE]
....i hate you.

With that said, I was watching cartoon network yesterday morning and in one of the 'toons daffy was complaining about his private property rights or some such thing. I couldn't help but laugh.

I get that a lot lately.

The latest Hannity nonsense:
So Romney shaved the head of some kid in high school because he was rumoured to be gay and had long hair. Everyone else in the story looks back with regret but Romney "can't recall" the story and laughs it off.
In comes the audiobook version of Dreams of My Father even read by Obama., apparently a middle school aged Obama pushed a girl named Coretta when a crowd was teasing her for having a boyfriend.

The Obama thing is obviously worse somehow. Because a middle school aged Obama should know better than a high school aged Romney.

Hannity is starting to look and sound more like Jay Leno every day...

Every blow to the GOP has to be met by a blow to the democrats/Obama. The problem is that we're comparing a right hook with a jab. I know it infuriates them because they just can't find that smoking gun on Obama, everything they trot out is always some watered down version of what they think it is, like in this case.

It's hilarious that the very people who are least qualified to talk about equality act like experts on the subject. Anything bad that Obama has done is always equal to or worse than anything a GOP candidate has done. He and Michelle had an argument over which school to send the kids to, that's as bad as Newt's philandering!

so essentially politics has now grown to a maturity rate equal to that of 4th grade playground fights.

Maybe it isn't the policy that's screwing us over, but the people working on it. Is it any wonder that nothing gets done?

[quote name='nasum']so essentially politics has now grown to a maturity rate equal to that of 4th grade playground fights.

Maybe it isn't the policy that's screwing us over, but the people working on it. Is it any wonder that nothing gets done?[/QUOTE]

When you're talking about someone like Sean Hannity specifically, Never forget: THAT shit isn't politics. Hannity isn't interested in policy otherwise he'd be out there attempting to effect change or make a difference. Hannity is soley interested in taking scalps. Hannity isn't 'working' on anything.

I always go back to the Olbermann theory that: If the money was right , he'd be on another network leaning left in a heartbeat.

[quote name='EdRyder']When you're talking about someone like Sean Hannity specifically, Never forget: THAT shit isn't politics. Hannity isn't interested in policy otherwise he'd be out there attempting to effect change or make a difference. Hannity is soley interested in taking scalps. Hannity isn't 'working' on anything.

I always go back to the Olbermann theory that: If the money was right , he'd be on another network leaning left in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]
John Stewart said the same thing about Hannity and someone else said the same thing about Murdock on Maddow. I find that hilarious.

About the Obama shove scandal, didn't he also say that he regretted it?

^ Yeah , Its funny because its ridiculously true. A good example for liberals to take it all in is Ed Schultz: Entirely Motivated in taking scalps to a sickening degree

[quote name='nasum']I get that a lot lately.

In comes the audiobook version of Dreams of My Father even read by Obama., apparently a middle school aged Obama pushed a girl named Coretta when a crowd was teasing her for having a boyfriend.

[/QUOTE]

Obama was in 4th or 5th grade. During recess one day , near the monkeybars The other kids in class were Chanting "Corettas got a boyfriend" Because this little girl Coretta apparently liked Obama , & Ten year old Obama pushed her

Are these two incidents even comparable? : No

[quote name='nasum']so essentially politics has now grown to a maturity rate equal to that of 4th grade playground fights.

Maybe it isn't the policy that's screwing us over, but the people working on it. Is it any wonder that nothing gets done?[/QUOTE]
Politics brings out the very worst in people, I don't know why anyone would want to work as a politician.

[quote name='EdRyder']Obama was in 4th or 5th grade. During recess one day , near the monkeybars The other kids in class were Chanting "Corettas got a boyfriend" Because this little girl Coretta apparently liked Obama , & Ten year old Obama pushed her

Are these two incidents even comparable? : No[/QUOTE]
Thus my equality remark earlier.

In this age of Political Correctness and Tolerance I think the media is going to pretty much gloss over and ignore the fact of Rommey's mormonism.

And let's face it, it's a pretty much made up religion. (As are most religions to some extent).
But it's not like Brian Williams on 30 Rock is going to report on their baptism practices, abstianing from caffiene, polygamy, etc, etc.

Even most mainstream Christians look at mormonism and go "Yeah, they're a little 'off'."

It just won't get mentioned. Which is a bit of a shame, because this the perfect time to have a national discussion of how weird it is.

I'm glad you added that last bit about made up religions. I have to say that's funny when I hear someone say "So and so is a made up religion" and I'm thinking, "you mean like all of them?".

[quote name='EdRyder']^ Yeah , Its funny because its ridiculously true. A good example for liberals to take it all in is Ed Schultz: Entirely Motivated in taking scalps to a sickening degree[/QUOTE]
Actually, I was referring to them switching sides if the money was right. I don't have a huge problem with what Hannity or Schultz do when it's their job to be pundits. My only issue is when someone relies on misinformation to score points.

[quote name='eldergamer']In this age of Political Correctness and Tolerance I think the media is going to pretty much gloss over and ignore the fact of Rommey's mormonism.

And let's face it, it's a pretty much made up religion. (As are most religions to some extent).
But it's not like Brian Williams on 30 Rock is going to report on their baptism practices, abstianing from caffiene, polygamy, etc, etc.

Even most mainstream Christians look at mormonism and go "Yeah, they're a little 'off'."

It just won't get mentioned. Which is a bit of a shame, because this the perfect time to have a national discussion of how weird it is.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ...the only religion that we're allowed to dissect is Islam or did you somehow miss that over the last 10+ years? And what do you expect when it's hard enough to talk about the literal cult of Scientology.

Tolerance always gets dragged into that debate somehow. Actually I shouldn't say somehow, I know exactly how it happens. Conservatives think they can use it to prove that liberals are just as intolerant as they are. In truth they misunderstand the call for tolerance in the first place. Just because you tolerate something or someone doesn't mean you have to like them or even think it/they makes any sense. I tolerate plenty of things and people, but I'm also going to point out elements of it/them that I think are ridiculous. It isn't being intolerant if you've got valid criticisms.

In case you hadn't noticed, most people walk around with the mentality of a 4th grader these days.

So apparently the Secretary of State for Arizona is a birther and wants to see proof of his birth in Hawaii that doesn't include a birth certificate and says that it's possible that Obama won't be included in the ballot. L.O.L.

The "I am not a birther" remark of Bennet's caught my eye. Motherfucker, you are not a secretary of state. If you were, you'd know your own codes and bylaws. President Elects aren't required to be re-certified. Hell , people that were on previous ballots that won the majority of private votes dont need to be re-certified. Al Gore wouldn't have needed to be re-certified if he wanted to be on the ballot back in February

[quote name='Soodmeg']Man, I just realized that Mitty Rom hasnt said anything of substance in about half a year. Dude...stop ripping on the current president and tell him what you will do different.

"I'll get to that in a minute....have you seen what suits Obama wears? Communist suits made in china by 10 year olds....yea."[/QUOTE]

And Obama hasn't done anything of substance with his entire administration, except "killing" bin Laden, which according to Democrats, Obama did all by himself, like he's freakin' Rambo...

bread's done
Back